What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who wins tonight? (1 Viewer)

lefteye

Footballguy
A lot of questions tonight. Does the bye week give SD an advantage? Can they stop Denver's run game? Is SD ready to show they are for real and will make a run for this division or is Denver's hot start too much for them?

Is Denver's D truly for real? They've stopped everyone they've played. I'm not sure where SD's offense compares with all of them but I think it's on par with Dallas'.

Personally, I think Denver's D IS for real and will keep this relatively low scoring. What do you guys think?

I've been picking against Denver since week 1 but after the Patriots game, I'm a believer. Denver wins by 3.

Denver has HUGE revenge for last year. Not only did SD knock them out of the playoffs, they embarrassed them by running up the score unnecessarily. SD has no running game or defense. They may pull out a win, but I can't believe it will be more than a FG.

Bronco fan - and I think the Chargers pull this out. A week of rest and preparation is the main difference. I think they find a way to exploit the Denver LB's and get Gates into the seams. That starts to open up some of the outside for LT on sweeps as the LB's start to focus out on Gates ..he'll pull an LB and then it will become only 6 up front to stop the run. Broncos I hope put up a fight...they haven't in SD in a while. I hope I am very wrong and see a Bronco 52-0 win and will be pulling for it.

Chargers put a hurting on Denver.
Bold statement. Any reason why?
I just think it's a statement game for SD. They need to win and give Denver something to think about. I don't have anything concrete to go on other then a gut feel. I think SD can keep Rivers clean most of the game and Gates will give Denver fits. 38-20 SD.
I stated this in a similar thread for the Patriots game when a high score for the Pats was predicted....This Bronco team is a ball control running team with controlled passing...they will try to control the ball and the clock.. so the Chargers will need some major turnovers to get to 38 points - there just aren't going to be that many possessions for them. The Denver D also seems to get stronger in the 2nd half of games even though they gave up some early points to the Pats and Cowboys they pitched shutouts in the 2nd half. I can see a Charger win but more like a 20-17 or 16-14 thing if you ask me.

espn reported L.T said he was about 90 % healthy but still about a month away from having his explosiveness...for what thats worth

:thumbdown:

It is an absolute must-win for the Chargers, and they just had two weeks to prepare, so I think they will win, but my heart is obviously hoping for a different result. :thumbdown:

espn reported L.T said he was about 90 % healthy but still about a month away from having his explosiveness...for what thats worth :football:
Sproles absolutely devoured DEN twice last year. I'm not worried about LT, other than if they overuse him and he's ineffective.SD 34, DEN 24

Home teams coming off a bye should not loose. I have to pick SD even though I really do think Den is a better team this year.

Loved the Monday Night Countdown Crew when they picked the games..when it's TJ's pick he has no reason to explain his pick..he says just turn it over(meaning the Bronco logo) TJ bleeds Orange and Blue gotta love it!

espn reported L.T said he was about 90 % healthy but still about a month away from having his explosiveness...for what thats worth :football:
Sproles absolutely devoured DEN twice last year. I'm not worried about LT, other than if they overuse him and he's ineffective.SD 34, DEN 24
I agree, Denver hasn't changed a bit. and they haven't beat anyone yet.
Did last weeks game not count?

Chargers put a hurting on Denver.
Bold statement. Any reason why?
I just think it's a statement game for SD. They need to win and give Denver something to think about. I don't have anything concrete to go on other then a gut feel. I think SD can keep Rivers clean most of the game and Gates will give Denver fits. 38-20 SD.
I stated this in a similar thread for the Patriots game when a high score for the Pats was predicted....This Bronco team is a ball control running team with controlled passing...they will try to control the ball and the clock.. so the Chargers will need some major turnovers to get to 38 points - there just aren't going to be that many possessions for them. The Denver D also seems to get stronger in the 2nd half of games even though they gave up some early points to the Pats and Cowboys they pitched shutouts in the 2nd half. I can see a Charger win but more like a 20-17 or 16-14 thing if you ask me.
This isn't sour grapes-however I thought Dallas moved the ball quite easily against Denver. The Dallas problems were penalties, poor red zone play and of course turn overs. SD has a simialr offense and I can see the Chargers move the ball effectively. You are right though-if Denver can eat clock (With and L in there) then they improve their chances significantly.

That's good stuff! In fairness, i'd toss a coin on if Dallas counts or not.

espn reported L.T said he was about 90 % healthy but still about a month away from having his explosiveness...for what thats worth :banned:
How good can the Pats be if they lost to the Broncos?

Users who are viewing this thread