What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (13 Viewers)

It's a dark comedy that is brutally honest, almost uncomfortably at times. We like it although I'm sure it's not for everyone.
It's a great show but especially for the performances of the cast. He and Sharon are very funny. 

I'd also recommend a recent discovery of mine, "Brockmire". Azaria is good but Amanda Peet is pretty good too. I wish she had more to do, honestly. 

We finished Wild Wild Country last night and really enjoyed it. While I have heard Bhagwan referenced over the years, I really knew nothing of the story. Kinda surprised I didn't considering how big it got. I thought the show might have leaned a little too sympathetic to the group at times, it was well done and got better as each episode passed. Crazy, fascinating story.
Yeah, they kind of brushed off plotting murders and drugging people.  Maybe a follow up question?

It's a great show but especially for the performances of the cast. He and Sharon are very funny. 

I'd also recommend a recent discovery of mine, "Brockmire". Azaria is good but Amanda Peet is pretty good too. I wish she had more to do, honestly. 
Brockmire is the funniest show on now, imo.
Season one was very funny. This season has been hit and miss.. with too many misses, IMO.  :kicksrock:

I hear Line of Duty is must see Brit crime drama tv so I might do an Acorn sub for $5 a month and binge through it and a few others that aren't available elsewhere. 
So I got the Acorn sub to watch Line of Duty. Binged S1 in two sittings, 5 episodes. It's pretty great tv. There's 4 seasons so if the rest is on par or close to the 1st then this is going to be the best series I've watched in a long time. If you like crime shows this is worth a 5 dollar month and who knows what else you'll find at Acorn. Purchase through Prime Video and everything will sync at Amazon. 

So I got the Acorn sub to watch Line of Duty. Binged S1 in two sittings, 5 episodes. It's pretty great tv. There's 4 seasons so if the rest is on par or close to the 1st then this is going to be the best series I've watched in a long time. If you like crime shows this is worth a 5 dollar month and who knows what else you'll find at Acorn. Purchase through Prime Video and everything will sync at Amazon. 
All 4 seasons also available on Hulu

https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/line-of-duty

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Safe last night, pretty good watch.

Sense8 finale this weekend.  Really enjoyed that show as well, hope the ending is good
Finally watched the last episode. A mess, fun to get there. I imagine it for too expensive was the reason it got cancelled. Too bad, cause season 2 had some interesting story lines which could have lasted a season of 2.

The one thing I wished would have happened is that the 8 sneak away from the wedding for one last shot together. Instead we got another orgy

Is that the lawyer that stuttered? Agreed! Tell me her and/ or the Latina assistant get naked.
No, Brittany was the hooker assistant.  Incredibly hot...like nuclear fire.

Billy Bob's daughter plays a bigger role in S2 and she is a beauty as well. Doesn't dress like a hooker though, unfortunately.  :kicksrock:

Watched the first episode of Handmaid's Tale and really liked it . Sufficiently creepy. Using a free month of hulu to check it out. We don't binge so we'll probably only see 5 or 6 episodes but it will be enough to know if it's worth paying for a few more months.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

very good cast and very good film- Albert Finney, Ethan Hawke, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Marisa Tomei
Yea.. But do yourself a favor and don't sit down with your SO and 17 year old daughter to watch it ....or at least distract the daughter for the first 10 minutes. :eek:

So I made it to season 14 episode 8 of Midsomer Murders and Chief Inspector Barnaby played by John Nettles is retiring. I'm a little broken-hearted and may discontinue viewing.

Watched the 2-hour premiere of 'Yellowstone' on the Paramount Network this week.

Not bad at all, as far as modern-day Westerns go. 

Warning:  F-bombs sprinkled throughout.

As I posted about Animal Kingdom, Just enough of the right things to keep me watching.

The Expanse.

Finished the first season on Amazon.  Was decent but I'm not inclined to continue.

Does it get better?

I don't know what Thomas Jane is doing on this show.  From hair to wardrobe.  Just a rough watch. 

Plus not enough eye candy on this show.  Not even close.

Makes me remember how great Battlestar Galactica was.  Truly an underrated show.

I know there's been a few comments on it but my thoughts on Money Heist...

So over the top and ridiculous I felt like I was watching anime at time.  Cartoon-insh characters.

That said, I have ADD and it I watched all the way through,  By season 1, episode 9 I fast forwarded through a lot of episode fluff just to see how it turned out 

The Expanse.

Finished the first season on Amazon.  Was decent but I'm not inclined to continue.

Does it get better?

I don't know what Thomas Jane is doing on this show.  From hair to wardrobe.  Just a rough watch. 

Plus not enough eye candy on this show.  Not even close.

Makes me remember how great Battlestar Galactica was.  Truly an underrated show.
I never started this show. Was intrigued just because I do like sci-fi. Is it not worth starting? I love BG and if this isn’t worth the time I may have to rewatch BG. Not sure I have the time for it but maybe if work settles down a bit. I just don’t want to waste time on a show. 

I saw The Expanse had been cancelled by Syfy network last month but now see Amazon picked up a 4th season. No word on a 5th yet.

I need to watch Battlestar Galactica

Last edited by a moderator:
"White God" is the most riveting flick I've seen this year.  Pace, music, eyeglue.

Dog lovers beware, you'll be locked in.
Watched it today.Love the musical scores.Being a dog lover some of it was a little rough for me in some scenes hell I can't even watch ASPCA commercials.Pretty good overall though kind of The Birds of dog movies.

Flew the first few seasons of Dexter in a couple months and the last several seasons took me a few years. Finally forced myself to watch the last couple episodes today. Wow, that sucked. Hard to think of a show that dropped off the cliff as hard as Dexter. Just awful stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread