What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

The 1st was pretty meh.

The 2nd one was better had some funny interactions. Space Chimp was pretty funny.
Yeah, I was about to stop watching until we got to the chimp and the dog. I finished the season and ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

It's definitely not very funny, and I assume many are just going to hate it because of that. It seems a show without a purpose that doesn't know what it is.  It comes off as a farce (though I'd say it's not), and most won't stand for a farce that's not funny.

Despite that, I think there's something here. The characters are great. Captain Ali is really the heart of the show, and I'll keep watching just to see what happens to her. Mallory and Chan are both great. And I even preferred this slightly toned down version of Jean-Ralphio in F. Tony. 

The foundation is there, and I could see the show really finding it's footing and turning in a stellar 2nd season.

Didn't laugh at the first episode at all. I enjoyed the 2nd though :thumbup:

Don't have any expectations of this being any good 
With that cast, I do.

Were three in, and it has some funny bits (carrel's assistant has moments). but if it's not truly a farce as Pollard writes above..and as it's set up to be after three episodes...its missing the mark.

So far there's enough to keep going for us

I probably would have given up after the first episode but will keep going thanks to this thread. Great cast.

What’s the consensus on homecoming?  Watching episode one, seems kinda boring, is it worth watching?  Or should I just tell the wife to watch it when I go to bed

I've taken the "House of Cards" plunge. 

Almost finished S1  I't's good but hasn't lived up to the hype. 

When did "Smoking" become part the rating system warnings?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken the "House of Cards" plunge. 

Almost finished S1  I't's good but hasn't lived up to the hype. 
:goodposting:   my wife said on Saturday "you know how you hate that i used to watch soaps?  you know this is just a soap on Netflix, right?"

and i guess i knew that without realizing, but her comment just crystallized that thought for me.

When did "Smoking" become part the rating system warnings?  
we've noticed that, too. it's on every freaking Netflix show we watch.

What’s the consensus on homecoming?  Watching episode one, seems kinda boring, is it worth watching?  Or should I just tell the wife to watch it when I go to bed
Season 1?  I liked it... kindof slow out of the gate, but there are some interesting plot lines and twists.  Season 2 I haven't started yet.

I started watching The History Chanel series Alone on Prime. Almost through season one and it's a pretty great show. I know there was a thread at FBG about it a while back but I never watched it live, much easier to binge. Love the survival aspect of course but the transformation and introspection you see from the "contestants" is pretty amazing. Highly recommend season one(other seasons TBD :popcorn:  ). 
Season Two also gets a  :thumbup:

finally got around to watching S3 of Ozark

the bipolar plot device grated on me, even if there were elements  of the character that were handled well (notably- I'm doing fine, I don't need meds... and even when ranting, it was still him ranting the truth... just at forced plot-driving irrational moments). I found myself mostly frustrated watching this- even though I liked the rest. the writing was one moment spot on, and the next... three's company misunderstandings and things not said that would void entire story arcs. 

A couple episodes into Filthy Rich (Netflix).  Jeffrey Epstein story.   :shock:   Classic story of someone that thinks they are above the law, and for a long time was.  

Again, only a couple episodes in:

Basically setup an underage sex pyramid scheme with girls recruiting other girls.  Epstein had experience with financial pyramid schemes and was a talented con man and manipulator.  Hard to believe Ghislaine Maxwell wasn't also in jail.
Yeah, started this last night.  Tough to watch.  Maxwell also needs to be left alone in a prison cell.  

My family just finished watching the first season of "Into the Night". Really enjoyed it. Not the best acting, not the best production value - just an interesting story.

I'm sure this has been covered in this thread, but I am very concerned that an eventual season 2 won't be as interesting. If it follows the book the story comes from, the story will take a very weird turn and turn into something far less interesting to me. That said, I do recommend Into the Night as an easy and entertaining six episodes.

El Floppo said:

the bipolar plot device grated on me, even if there were elements  of the character that were handled well (notably- I'm doing fine, I don't need meds... and even when ranting, it was still him ranting the truth... just at forced plot-driving irrational moments). I found myself mostly frustrated watching this- even though I liked the rest. the writing was one moment spot on, and the next... three's company misunderstandings and things not said that would void entire story arcs. 
Didn't like the Ben element of the season in any way. There were other elements of the season that made it weaker than previous seasons for me - the entire plot line with Crazy poppy field lady and teenage lover is awful in particular.

Didn't like the Ben element of the season in any way. There were other elements of the season that made it weaker than previous seasons for me - the entire plot line with Crazy poppy field lady and teenage lover is awful in particular.
it's strange. there's a lot that works- great acting in particular, and some decent characters. but then there's 6 episodes of... just take your meds. somebody wanna chime in- take your meds. or- this can't work...the cartel will kill you/me/us if you do x/y/z- but I won't bother saying that, so we can milk another few episodes or plot out of the silence. and yet... it's still worth watching for me. and while the Ben bipolar plot device was annoying to me... the actor killed it. and the writers did a great job writing the illness in the abstract... other than the obvious moments where it was thrown in to screw with plans.

El Floppo said:

Probably the most overrated show on TV. 

...or- this can't work...the cartel will kill you/me/us if you do x/y/z- but I won't bother saying that, so we can milk another few episodes or plot out of the silence...
It seems to me like most shows/movies now rely on huge plot holes to move things along.  Unfortunately I'm one of the people that struggle with this and it often times gets in the way of my enjoyment of the work. Netflix is horrible with this. An example is when a writer tries to add mystery or tries to throw the audience off. One partner points out to the other a legitimate reason (or three) why the antagonist should be considered as a suspect the the 2nd partner is like, "no way, they've killed five people already. No way they could have six, seven, & eight in em. Let's go question the blind church librarian over in the next county."

Is it?

I thought it was pretty universally liked, not loved. Has that changed?
My scope is limited as I rarely read reviews.  I'm just gauging from word of mouth and this board.  People tell me how amazing it is and I'm like meh.  It's Sons of Anarchy territory for me.    

I couldn't get through Uncut Gems. i started watching it and was just annoyed after about 20 minutes and cut it off. Picked it back up on the bedroom TV when I got into bed. Lasted another 20 minutes. It was just annoying- I didn't find anything good about it, at all.
I watched it and ended up fast forwarding a bit to get through it just to see what happens. I didn’t like it at all. Didn’t care about the pace or language, just felt like I didn’t care what happened. GF looked great in lingerie but that’s about it.

Netflix Steven Soderbergh action thriller-  Haywire. 2011 but first time viewing for me. Thought it had great fight scenes, best chick fighting since Trinity in The Matrix. Well worth the price of admission.

I like the Amazon Prime show "Upload", but it's taking forever to get to where it's going.  It telegraphs every punch that's coming.  Cast is really good though.  They also make what's a pretty ludicrous idea seem plausible.  Closing in on the end of season one, and really hoping they wrap this up...but I get the bad feeling it's going to set up a very unsatisfying cliffhanger.

Joe Mammy said:
Netflix Steven Soderbergh action thriller-  Haywire. 2011 but first time viewing for me. Thought it had great fight scenes, best chick fighting since Trinity in The Matrix. Well worth the price of admission.
This had a comically bad "actress" in a leading role, right? Like, Pamela Anderson?

Statorama said:
I like the Amazon Prime show "Upload", but it's taking forever to get to where it's going.  It telegraphs every punch that's coming.  Cast is really good though.  They also make what's a pretty ludicrous idea seem plausible.  Closing in on the end of season one, and really hoping they wrap this up...but I get the bad feeling it's going to set up a very unsatisfying cliffhanger.
It’s ok.  The concept was fairly cool but I feel like the acting and production was subpar, probably not something I’d watch if I wasn’t stuck in quarantine 

Users who are viewing this thread