What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

It's a not-real-complicated caper shoot em up move. But the acting is good, there are a few deep layers that don't rely on "twists" and cliches, and there are some fantasist scenes.*.*opening scene, interview at the donor clinic, bagman talk at the cantina, ransom call, doctor in the bathroom...
i find the dialogue is great, the characters are all great in how the movie progresses and you see what they're all doing, the concept was fantastic and they got the right guys to fill the roles. I've never been a Ryan Phillipe fan, but honestly his work in the movie is perfect. For that matter i can't stand Juliette Lewis either, but once again in this movie she comes off perfect for the role.I'll be watching it again soon.

Run, Ricky, Run. Prolly seen by most here but I just watched it this weekend. Great.
Watched the Chris Herren 30-for-30 last night. One of the best pieces I've ever seen. Kudos to the dude.Started watching Marinovich also. Loved the story about HS basketball and his days at USC :thumbup:

Starting "Friday Night Lights" and I am hooked. Does this mean I have a 16 year old girl hiding in there somewhere?
Nope. FNL is one of the greatest TV shows ever. Don't give up at the beginning of season 2.
:goodposting:
Just finished season 2.. I think. Netflix says I did however it feels like they just abruptly ended it. Am I missing something or did something happen to the series at that point?
Most people think that Season 2 is the worst of the 5 seasons. It was during the writer's strike several years back. There are several iffy storylines, including Landry the mass murderer, Tyra playing volleyball, etc. These are just dropped and don't go anywhere in the future.

Starting "Friday Night Lights" and I am hooked. Does this mean I have a 16 year old girl hiding in there somewhere?
Nope. FNL is one of the greatest TV shows ever. Don't give up at the beginning of season 2.
Just finished season 2.. I think. Netflix says I did however it feels like they just abruptly ended it. Am I missing something or did something happen to the series at that point?
Most people think that Season 2 is the worst of the 5 seasons. It was during the writer's strike several years back. There are several iffy storylines, including Landry the mass murderer, Tyra playing volleyball, etc. These are just dropped and don't go anywhere in the future.
Ok the Landry thing was real odd and Tyra playing volleyball while not a great story was fine by me. More tyra is a good thing. Does the series hold up after the main players graduate? I would think it will be very hard to keep any momentum that they had.

Ok the Landry thing was real odd and Tyra playing volleyball while not a great story was fine by me. More tyra is a good thing. Does the series hold up after the main players graduate? I would think it will be very hard to keep any momentum that they had.
I like Landry killing people in BB better :popcorn:

Yes, it does. I would rank the seasons:1. Season 1

2. Season 4

3. Season 5

4. Season 3

5. Season 2

I'm assuming by the lack of responses you all have seen Warrior?I'm shocked this hasn't gotten more love.
Loved this movie!
Yeah, I watched this blindly from a roommates recommendation and usually that leads to a standard guy action movie. At the end of the movie the three of us all agreed that it was ####### awesome and this never happens since we all have very different tastes in movies.Thank you! I watched this after driving home from tubing and drinking all day long. I was so pumped I was lifting while watching. This was at 4 am.
Phone fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming by the lack of responses you all have seen Warrior?I'm shocked this hasn't gotten more love.
Loved this movie!
Thank you! I watched this after driving home from tubing and drinking all day long. I was so pumped I was lifting while watching. This was at 4 am.
Most entertaining movie I have seen in a long time.
Tom Hardy is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors,imo.

Loved this movie!
Thank you! I watched this after driving home from tubing and drinking all day long. I was so pumped I was lifting while watching. This was at 4 am.
15 min into this movie...can already tell its going to be a good one...thanks for the heads up guys

If Good Neighbors has not been mentioned, I highly suggest popping this in. It's really good, has some forgivable flaws and I won't say too much more lest I ruin a good little plot with some nice twists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved this movie!
15 min into this movie...can already tell its going to be a good one...thanks for the heads up guys
best movie ive seen in years

I just got Netflix and I'm a little disappointed. There does not seem to be an extremely large selection, is this because I have a trial pass? I thought every movie was available there.

I just got Netflix and I'm a little disappointed. There does not seem to be an extremely large selection, is this because I have a trial pass? I thought every movie was available there.
Like every movie ever? No.
I signed on so I could watch 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' but they didn't have it. I started looking around to find they had 2 Leonardo DiCaprio one of which I never heard of and a few Bill Murray movies but not his most recent; is this correct? If it is, it is as compelling as Starz.

I signed on so I could watch 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' but they didn't have it. I started looking around to find they had 2 Leonardo DiCaprio one of which I never heard of and a few Bill Murray movies but not his most recent; is this correct? If it is, it is as compelling as Starz.
Then don't subscribe. :shrug:I use it mainly for tv series with the occasional movie thrown in, so I really love it. Or you could read through this thread and find a bunch of recommendations for stuff you haven't seen before.

Then don't subscribe. :shrug: I use it mainly for tv series with the occasional movie thrown in, so I really love it.

Or you could read through this thread and find a bunch of recommendations for stuff you haven't seen before.
I do not watch a lot of TV besides the news. I do like a movie now and then but the selection seemed limited in the extreme. I did settle on Metropolis by Fritz Lang but had to shut it down so the kids get some sleep. For TV series is it better than Hulu?

:lmao: Why did you think that?Every movie ever made, available instantly, for only $7.99 a month? :excited:

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
:lmao: Why did you think that?Every movie ever made, available instantly, for only $7.99 a month? :excited:
5. Profit??
I thought it mostly from everyone raving about it. Looking at the selection I was reminded of our village video store about 5 years after the craze; sun-washed VHS boxes of classics like Moon Over Parador and Swampthing. I don't think the titles that I was looking for are particularly "hot" releases and are available in part on You-Tube. I realize that it wouldn't have every movie but what is their catalog, 1,000 films?

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
I thought it mostly from everyone raving about it. Looking at the selection I was reminded of our village video store about 5 years after the craze; sun-washed VHS boxes of classics like Moon Over Parador and Swampthing. I don't think the titles that I was looking for are particularly "hot" releases and are available in part on You-Tube. I realize that it wouldn't have every movie but what is their catalog, 1,000 films?
The streaming menu is limited. There a lot more things available via the mail.

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
This is the answer I wanted; thanks, Apple Jack.

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
Don't give up on it yet. There are tons of great TV shows on there (Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Battlestar Galactica, etc) that you may not have seen. A lot of the movies are actually decent. Though you won't get a lot of the summer blockbusters (but who the hell wants to see those CGI fap-fests anyway).

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
Don't give up on it yet. There are tons of great TV shows on there (Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Battlestar Galactica, etc) that you may not have seen. A lot of the movies are actually decent. Though you won't get a lot of the summer blockbusters (but who the hell wants to see those CGI fap-fests anyway).
Two questions: is it better than Hulu, for TV series; and is fap an English slang, or an Internet thing?

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
If you don't want to watch tv shows or you don't have kids, the streaming only plan is a waste of money, IMO.

'Bogart said:
'Disco Stu said:
'pittstownkiller said:
5. Profit??
Surprising numbers of those movies have been getting added. Thor, captain America, transformers, immortals - I don't love all those movies but the new releases section seems to be getting some upgrades.

Went through a Zombie mini-marathon over the weekend. Most were crap, but Berlin Undead was not bad. Decent acting and good amount of tension. Kinda short only an hour long

Cut the BluRay service for now...just no new movies I want to watch plus I go to the movies for stuff I really want to see anyways. For $8 or whatever it's kind of worth it. I like watching entire TV series, even many current ones like Mad Men...I would just assume wait and watch the whole thing or a season in 2-3 days. I cannot tune in weekly for almost anything with very few exceptions.

Max Manus

WWII story about a Norwegian resistance fighter. All true accounts. Pretty good movie, and held true from what I know of him.

Many of these foreign films are so much better than Hollywood films. I've been watching alot of them lately, and they hold their own easily.

This movie of course has subtitles.

3.9/5

Yes, it does. I would rank the seasons:1. Season 1

2. Season 4

3. Season 5

4. Season 3

5. Season 2
Just started season 4 and I am very interested to see how the series recovers with so many major characters either leaving or having diminished rolls.

Watched a couple good ones last night.

The Pruitt-Igoe Myth -- about a massive public housing complex in St. Louis, built in the 50's, immediately fell into disrepair and leveled in the 70's. Thought provoking on many levels and some interesting mid 20th century history and footage. Also some of the interviews with former residents are riveting, others unintentionally hilarious.

The God who Wasn't There -- A bunch of gay liberal intellectuals will inform you that Jesus didn't exist and all the mythology in the bible about his life is ripped off from earlier Greek and Roman mythology about other gods. Toward the end, the filmmaker does a Michael Moore style "gotcha" interview with his old Christian school principal. Pretty ham-handed, but effective. Until he ends the interview and accuses the guy of lying about what they would be discussing. If you're a Christian, this movie will piss you off, but watch it anyway. It's always good to have your beliefs challenged.

Users who are viewing this thread