What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jared Cook - TE - TEN (1 Viewer)

zDragon

Footballguy
I had expected Cook with his physical attributes to contribute more than he did this year. I see Crumpler moving on and Cook taking a large role next year. Local homers what the feeling on Cook possibly becoming the #1 TE next year?

I had expected Cook with his physical attributes to contribute more than he did this year. I see Crumpler moving on and Cook taking a large role next year. Local homers what the feeling on Cook possibly becoming the #1 TE next year?
Doesn't surprise me in the least that he wasn't a stud as a rookie, although Britt surprised me. I expect decent production from him going forward, while we didn't see much, we saw some and kid's got talent.

Scaife and Crumpler had 2 td's between each other. Ouch, not very good and wasn't Scaife franchised last year? Cook was taken in the 3rd round last year and has good size at 6'6". He'll make a decent redzone target. So for all the lack of production outta Scaife and Crumpler this past season I could definitely see Cook getting his shot at more playing time. He'll work hard to try and win the starting TE job in T.C. but even if he doesn't get it he's gonna get playing time and should produce if balls come his way. We'll find out what he's learned after one year in the NFL.Good upside and potential.

Scaife and Crumpler had 2 td's between each other. Ouch, not very good and wasn't Scaife franchised last year? Cook was taken in the 3rd round last year and has good size at 6'6". He'll make a decent redzone target. So for all the lack of production outta Scaife and Crumpler this past season I could definitely see Cook getting his shot at more playing time. He'll work hard to try and win the starting TE job in T.C. but even if he doesn't get it he's gonna get playing time and should produce if balls come his way. We'll find out what he's learned after one year in the NFL.Good upside and potential.
The beginning of this post has me concerned. Do you believe game plans were changed because of the talent at TE? Or were those two TEs not good. And the game plan will expand as Cook demonstrates skill. Would hate to be wasting a roster spot if this guy doesn't appear to have a level of utilization in his future comparable to at least that of scheffler this year. Which was subpar.

The beginning of this post has me concerned. Do you believe game plans were changed because of the talent at TE? Or were those two TEs not good. And the game plan will expand as Cook demonstrates skill. Would hate to be wasting a roster spot if this guy doesn't appear to have a level of utilization in his future comparable to at least that of scheffler this year. Which was subpar.
The TEs accounted for 1/8 of all Titans passing TDs this year. About the same % as New Orleans. 16 TDs just doesn't leave much to go around, I suspect Cook will be more of a target in the end zone next year but honestly, any TDs you get from the Titans receivers (including TEs) after Britt will be a bonus.ETA: I'm not sure I'd take him in a redraft unless it's a huge league. Dynasty, 2-3 years down the line is when you'll make your money with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scaife and Crumpler are FA coming up. I could see them bringing back Crumpler. Dude had converted into a blocking back and done a fine job of it plus gives a breaking in cushion of Cook. Probably a split with a breakout, much like Finley this coming year with the TE job all his the next.

I did not see a lot of Titans games, but the little I saw of Cook he looks like the real deal as far as a receiving TE. Would not surprise me at all if he is next year's Jermichael Finley. Very quiet rookie year and then bust out in year two as a major receiving threat. I am definitely holding or buying in dynasty leagues.

Cook has the skills to be elite for sure. He caught anything and everything in camp. He was hurt early in the season and never really found his way into the mix. Fisher has shown that he is reluctant to trust rookies who don't have a full grasp of the playbook and offensive scheme, so that may have influenced things. Fisher also love TEs who can block, which explains why Crumpler was on the field so much.

They traded a 2nd round pick to draft Cook, so they clearly believe in him. I'd say he is a very strong candidate to bust out next year, especially since Crumpler and Scaife may be gone in the near future.

I think Cook's problems were multiple:

1. He got injured in training camp and missed a ton of valuable time to learn the offense and system.

2. He's a rookie TE, and struggled as many rookies do just to learn the offense.

He's got the talent and his hands look fine. I think the only thing that's missing is him learning to run routes.

The Finley comparisons are great. But remember that the rumors of Finley being awesome really started flying in this past off-season. I think Cook will also need to really start showing out in the mini-camps. If you see that start happening, he might be a great pickup for next year, especially for 2010 startup dynasty leagues.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=2579

Titans TE Cook's injury caused lack of playing time

1/17/2010 10:44:40 AM

Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean reports Jared Cook came at a steep price for the Titans, but during his first few months with the team it looked like he might immediately prove he was worth it.

The athletic tight end was a star in offseason workouts and training camp. He was impressive early in the preseason before suffering a high ankle sprain.

He never got back on track. His rookie season came and went with little to remember him by.

"It was a different season. It was tough,'' said Cook, a third-round draft pick. "Coming into the NFL, you are used to playing, coming straight from college. Then you go from playing a lot to hardly playing at all.

"But that comes with time. I'm not down about it, and I'm not down on myself. I know my time is going to come.''

Coaches said they remain high on Cook, who will undoubtedly be counted on — and needed — much more often in 2010. There's plenty of uncertainty at the position.

Per Adam Schefter tweet:

"From franchise player last year to tendered player this year: Titans tendered TE Bo Scaife the 1st round tender at $4,908,000."

:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Adam Schefter tweet:"From franchise player last year to tendered player this year: Titans tendered TE Bo Scaife the 1st round tender at $4,908,000." :goodposting:
No one will offer Scaife a contract. He will most likely be back in Tenn next year. Cook owners may have to wait another year to reap rewards from Cook unless he forces the issue in 2010, which is not only possible, it's probable.

Users who are viewing this thread