What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Owners Selling Their Teams To The Highest Bidder (1 Viewer)

So you'd rather play with someone who quits, gotcha.
I'm old enough to understand that things happen in people's lives, etc, and I'm really not into just throwing labels at people. If a guy joined too many leagues over time, comes to realize it's not as much fun as he thought, and wants to lighten his load, I get it. It's easy (and childish) to think "well, you shouldn't have joined them" is the end-all / be-all gospel regarding this. I play in several leagues with Peso - guy is a first-class leaguemate. And yes, sometimes first class leaguemates leave leagues. You disagree? Or is it the money - that he "sold" the team instead of just leaving? Is that the rub?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you even want to buy a dynasty team?
Good question. He says he's being responsible and only selling to good replacement owners. The fact that someone is willing to buy a team (any team), doesnt that tell something about them right there?
It tells me that they want to buy a team??? Or is this a trick question? Really, what's the issue? I've seen leagues reduce the price (sometimes to zero) for someone to take over a lousy team. This is basically the same situation in reverse. I simply do not see the problem if someone wants to pay a premium to hit the ground running with a championship-caliber team.

I'd rather play in a league w/ 10 JPeso's than some of the complainers I see here.
This is the most telling part of your post. You don't understand the issue. It's not the new owner's willingness to pay a premium for a good team or request for a waiver of fees for a bad team. It's that the departing owner shouldn't have the unilateral ability to stick the league with a new owner they didn't agree to have.

Good question. He says he's being responsible and only selling to good replacement owners. The fact that someone is willing to buy a team (any team), doesnt that tell something about them right there?
It tells me that they want to buy a team??? Or is this a trick question? Really, what's the issue? I've seen leagues reduce the price (sometimes to zero) for someone to take over a lousy team. This is basically the same situation in reverse. I simply do not see the problem if someone wants to pay a premium to hit the ground running with a championship-caliber team.

I'd rather play in a league w/ 10 JPeso's than some of the complainers I see here.
This is the most telling part of your post. You don't understand the issue. It's not the new owner's willingness to pay a premium for a good team or request for a waiver of fees for a bad team. It's that the departing owner shouldn't have the unilateral ability to stick the league with a new owner they didn't agree to have.
I think we already established that was not the case - that it wasn't simply the highest bidder that was chosen.second, I think what I posted was in direct response to the part I bolded. Was that not clear?

So you'd rather play with someone who quits, gotcha.
I'm old enough to understand that things happen in people's lives, etc, and I'm really not into just throwing labels at people. If a guy joined too many leagues over time, comes to realize it's not as much fun as he thought, and wants to lighten his load, I get it. It's easy (and childish) to think "well, you shouldn't have joined them" is the end-all / be-all gospel regarding this. I play in several leagues with Peso - guy is a first-class leaguemate. And yes, sometimes first class leaguemates leave leagues. You disagree? Or is it the money - that he "sold" the team instead of just leaving? Is that the rub?
Using logic will get you nowhere Dan. I've come to realize that some guys in this forum like to argue for the sake of arguing.It would be different if they were arguing over a deserving topic.....but this just isn't. It was basically a calling out of JPeso. If you say otherwise, you're lying. No one else has been seen selling their teams at a premium here, and certainly not someone as notorious around here, so it's clearly about him.

Once he gave his reasoning (which he DIDN'T have to do), this thing should've died. Unfortunately, that's when the waterheads started rolling in to take jabs and spew their garbage.

JPeso is in 1 of the 3 leagues I commish and I'd love to have more guys just like him. He's ultra competitive, very active, and above all a helluva nice guy. If he ever decides to leave my league, I feel strongly enough about him take his advice on any incoming owner. He's not a deadbeat or a quitter IMO.

When you join a league, don't you go in without any say of who your league mates are? What makes you think that you have the right to choose after Year 1, Year 2, etc?Unless your league has special rules for voting in new owners....if the commish is ok with the new owner, you should be too. Case closed.

I think we already established that was not the case - that it wasn't simply the highest bidder that was chosen.second, I think what I posted was in direct response to the part I bolded. Was that not clear?
I have no idea what you bolded.

When you join a league, don't you go in without any say of who your league mates are? What makes you think that you have the right to choose after Year 1, Year 2, etc?
As a matter of fact, you go in having complete say in who your league mates are.

Let's alienate and piss off the one member that has gone out of his way the most to help those in the AC forum more than any other.

Peso's been one of the pillars of that forum and this is how some hater and a bunch of followers get to thank him. That's being excellent.

Maybe this topic should be "closed", it took a totally different turn than I was hoping for. Just honestly wanted to get some of the "sharks" opinions on this. Nothing more. I was looking into the "future" of dynasty leagues and I could see this being a way to make money, flipping teams, just like flipping houses, which ended up horrible for the housing market.

When you join a league, don't you go in without any say of who your league mates are? What makes you think that you have the right to choose after Year 1, Year 2, etc?
As a matter of fact, you go in having complete say in who your league mates are.
Oh, I gotta hear this explanation.
If you don't like the people in the league, you don't join?
Oh really.....and how exactly do you know who is in this list prior to joining (we're assuming this is a startup dynasty)? A good portion of leagues don't publish a signup list for this very reason.

Let's alienate and piss off the one member that has gone out of his way the most to help those in the AC forum more than any other. Peso's been one of the pillars of that forum and this is how some goofball and haters get to thank him. That's being excellent.
I never read in the AC forum and how many WDIS questions he has answered in there isnt very relevant to this topic. Having said that I have no beef with this particular FBG, I'm sure he's every bit as wonderful as everyone seems to think. Its quitting in general, like its nothing, that annoys me. Taking it out on this guy is coincidence.

KevRunner - After assisting you personally with your dynasty teams through PMs over the years, I would have hoped you have had the decency to approach me personally about this in order to gather all of the facts about my "venture." No one else had been doing it, so you could have gathered your information from me and presented it as such. PMing me was never difficult for you in the past, why now?

As you can see, facts get lost when not presented early on. I tried to do that with my first post to no avail. I didn't just sell to the highest bidder - the two owners who took over my teams (one through being in multiple leagues with for years, the other I received commissioner references and league mate references from guys I trust very much in this hobby), and I can assure you all of my teams are in great hands.

Had you simply PMed me asking me the specifics, I would have been more than happy to let you know how I went about things. This would have likely quieted many of your concerns with the "State of Dynasty as We Know It."

Oh really.....and how exactly do you know who is in this list prior to joining (we're assuming this is a startup dynasty)? A good portion of leagues don't publish a signup list for this very reason.
Maybe its just me but there's no way i'd join a dynasty sight unseen. I know who's in it. Not gonna waste my time with a bunch of hacks.

JPeso, this topic was not started because of you. And I do appreciate your help in the past. I did not intend for anyone particular owner to be the center of the topic, but just wanted some discussion on the topic. This is my last post in this topic and might be my last post in footballguys, this has gotten to be just ridiculous.

Let's alienate and piss off the one member that has gone out of his way the most to help those in the AC forum more than any other. Peso's been one of the pillars of that forum and this is how some goofball and haters get to thank him. That's being excellent.
I never read in the AC forum and how many WDIS questions he has answered in there isnt very relevant to this topic. Having said that I have no beef with this particular FBG, I'm sure he's every bit as wonderful as everyone seems to think. Its quitting in general, like its nothing, that annoys me. Taking it out on this guy is coincidence.
Let's get to the deep rooted contempt you have for "quitting"....

JPeso, this topic was not started because of you. And I do appreciate your help in the past. I did not intend for anyone particular owner to be the center of the topic, but just wanted some discussion on the topic. This is my last post in this topic and might be my last post in footballguys, this has gotten to be just ridiculous.
Please!!! Let's not play all innocent here.

I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :popcorn:

Can you please take dehaven123, Christo, and phthalatemagic with you? TIA.

Let's alienate and piss off the one member that has gone out of his way the most to help those in the AC forum more than any other.

Peso's been one of the pillars of that forum and this is how some goofball and haters get to thank him. That's being excellent.
I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :shrug:
Uh-huh, uh-huh....tell me more.....how does it make you FEEL....

Pretty simple really.

I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :thumbup:
You're right, and if you're miserable in a marriage, you are also going a terrible person for getting a divorce. A quitter.

JPeso said:
These weren't camaraderie-laden leagues where guys voice opinions and everything is good buddies. 3-6 owners were active in sending out trades typically, the other guys no one ever knew. This isn't Cheers, guys.
The point still stands. A departing owner shouldn't be able to saddle a league with an owner of his choosing.

I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :thumbup:
You're right, and if you're miserable in a marriage, you are also going a terrible person for getting a divorce. A quitter.
True but you're also not gonna find someone else for your spouse to take your place :lmao:

I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :bs:
True but you're also not gonna find someone else for your spouse to take your place :thumbup:
People selling dynasty teams is undoubtedly a pre-cursor to a larger societal issue. Perhaps next generation does, in fact, begin selling spouses.

I blame the ignorant masses for not having much backbone :bs:
True but you're also not gonna find someone else for your spouse to take your place :thumbup:
People selling dynasty teams is undoubtedly a pre-cursor to a larger societal issue. Perhaps next generation does, in fact, begin selling spouses.
Buy low...sell high at a new level!

JPeso said:
These weren't camaraderie-laden leagues where guys voice opinions and everything is good buddies. 3-6 owners were active in sending out trades typically, the other guys no one ever knew. This isn't Cheers, guys.
The point still stands. A departing owner shouldn't be able to saddle a league with an owner of his choosing.
Says who?

gianmarco said:
Christo said:
JPeso said:
Says who?
In fact, I've usually seen commish's say "if you can, find a replacement" to departing owners.

gianmarco said:
Christo said:
JPeso said:
Says who?
I said it. Right there above your question.

gianmarco said:
Christo said:
JPeso said:
Says who?
Ah, ok. Now I know how much importance to give to that opinion.

gianmarco said:
Christo said:
JPeso said:
Says who?
:wub: you were expecting Justice Scalia or the Pope?

gianmarco said:
Christo said:
JPeso said:
Says who?
I can lead a horse to water. I cannot make him drink.

Yes, it does. It says they are more than likely to be inept owners that were willing to pay extra money for a competitive team. Losers would be another word for them.

The commish helps with recruiting and approves ALL league membership, end-of-discussion. No one member can say who takes his team. It's not up to him, at least it's not in my leagues.
How can you tell?
I can tell because if an owner leaves the leaving owner isn't the one who picks the next owner. That's not to say that somehow the league just happens to choose the same owner the leaving owner is trying to sell to, but that's not likely.

JPeso said:
This is bushleague stuff and those who do it should be identified. If you can't run 20 teams, then don't sign up for them. Chances are JPeso is a college kid that is smart enough to figure out scams, etc, but not old enough to know better.
I most certainly can and did run 20 teams, all of which after one year could not be drafted when stepped back and assessed the value. I just chose not to do so any longer.
Except for the missed lineups and fines....
And I paid the price for that. $25 in only a $75 buy-in league (HyperActive I). I missed two other lineups all year (3 total), one of which was very early in the season (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) and one at an RTS sponsored league early on as well. It wasn't the entire lineup, but just one player left in by accident. I tend to set my lineups early in the week and then re-assess on Sunday AM, but missed one player in each instance (3 total in 20 leagues x 16 weeks, 3/320 = 1%).

Your figures are interesting.

Looks like you made the championship game in all 20.

You must be really good.

I'm starting up a mutual fund that will deal exclusively in fantasy assets. Will shop for highest quality dynasty teams and either flip them for a profit or manage the teams to championships myself. All for a small broker's fee. PM if interested.

JPeso said:
This is bushleague stuff and those who do it should be identified. If you can't run 20 teams, then don't sign up for them. Chances are JPeso is a college kid that is smart enough to figure out scams, etc, but not old enough to know better.
I most certainly can and did run 20 teams, all of which after one year could not be drafted when stepped back and assessed the value. I just chose not to do so any longer.
Except for the missed lineups and fines....
And I paid the price for that. $25 in only a $75 buy-in league (HyperActive I). I missed two other lineups all year (3 total), one of which was very early in the season (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) and one at an RTS sponsored league early on as well. It wasn't the entire lineup, but just one player left in by accident. I tend to set my lineups early in the week and then re-assess on Sunday AM, but missed one player in each instance (3 total in 20 leagues x 16 weeks, 3/320 = 1%).

You must be really good.
Wow, guy. 20 x 14 = 280, 3/280 = 1.07%Troll much?

I'm starting up a mutual fund that will deal exclusively in fantasy assets. Will shop for highest quality dynasty teams and either flip them for a profit or manage the teams to championships myself. All for a small broker's fee. PM if interested.
:blackdot: :thumbup:

I have seen this practiced a couple of times, where a dynasty football owner will put up his team forsale to the highest bidder. This has been bothering me for a while and just want to see if I am in the minority regarding this. Owners who join "dynasty leagues" are in it for the long haul, at least that is my interpretation. Now it looks like there are some owners who will join a dynasty league with the "intention" of selling it later for a profit as soon as possible.I have a few reasons why I am against this practice. I will just try to explain one of the reasons. Every year there are teams that are in the "playoff hunt" and will trade a young prospect and maybe draft picks for a proven, older vet for a playoff push and hopefully a championship. But an owner who plans on selling off his team to the highest bidder, will not make such a trade, because it will make his team less attractive for resale.I guess dynasty commissioners could easily prevent owners from flipping their teams by putting language in the bylaws, which I strongly urge. I can just see in the future where this practice will be done more and more.
i am a commish of 3 dynasty leagues and would not allow this.

Oh look....another thread in the shark pool has turned into a shtick-fest. I thought this junk was reserved for the FFA.Yawn.

Thats sounds good..... But after shopping around you have competition and he has a guarantee from http://dynastyaddicts.wordpress.com/

My guarantee to you: Your goals will be accomplished. Whether it’s making a profit, or building huge value to cash in on future profit, we will make it happen. How do we make it happen? I’ve come up with several ways which I can assist in different capacities:

Can you guarantee me that? PM with prices :blackdot:

Oh look....another thread in the shark pool has turned into a shtick-fest. I thought this junk was reserved for the FFA.Yawn.
Oh look, another nerdzor taking things way too seriously. You're right, we shouldn't joke around - this isn't a game - this is fantasy ####### football.

You must be really good.

Wow, guy. 20 x 14 = 280, 3/280 = 1.07%

Troll much?

So now you didn't even make 1 championship game? Out of 20 leagues?

Oh look, another nerdzor taking things way too seriously. You're right, we shouldn't joke around - this isn't a game - this is fantasy ####### football.
Classy as always. Thanks for at least being consistent.

C'mon guy, it was obvious the topic was about JPeso. You're lying out of your ### otherwise. The guy is probably one of the better/most active owners I've played with. As he stated, you really should have just PM'd him if it meant that much to you.

THIS THREAD IS RESERVED FOR OUTRAGE

Users who are viewing this thread