What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Screw Canelo...I never liked the way he was ducking GGG before they finally fought...now this mess?

You're a millionaire...you can afford good food/meat.

I don't buy his BS at all.

Go find Chavez Jr to fight again or some other nonsense no one should be remotely motivated to watch.

Screw Canelo...I never liked the way he was ducking GGG before they finally fought...now this mess?

You're a millionaire...you can afford good food/meat.

I don't buy his BS at all.

Go find Chavez Jr to fight again or some other nonsense no one should be remotely motivated to watch.
have to agree.  GGG won the first fight but got screwed over.  Canelo want's no part of him until GGG get's older.  IMO.

thing is Canelo is a great inside fighter-but he doesn't want to stay there unlike most Mexican fighters.   I'm luke warm on Canelo. 

Canelo's been built into a major PPV star, in large part due to a lot of cultural momentum. And he's a really, really good boxer, but he's in a division where he's definitely not the best fighter, and would be given a pretty tough test by the other credible MW opponents; GGG aside, Charlo and Saunders would be very tough tests for him. 

Murata's a superstar in Japan, it'll be interesting to see how he figures into all of this as well. I really hope Golovkin just makes the fight for the summer and takes Derevyanchenko. 

That broner-vargas fight was actually decent, def better than i expected. Wouldnt mind a rematch actually...i think? Hah

Was excited for Jacobs tonight but looks like hes s huge favorite so prob not a good fight.

Big Baby is doing everything he can to KO Duhaupas ...im sure he wants to show Wilder he can ko this guy as well ...but Duhaupas can take a shot ...on side note i think hes getting shut out

I was quite impressed by the way we performed at 300.  he was in shape too. 
The word is that Miller's next for Joshua, and in NYC possibly. No doubt to build AJ's profile over here before he fights Wilder. The tricky part of making that fight is that if it's in Wembley (which seems most likely), they have to avoid the English cold weather, which would only leave maybe four months left this year.

I think it's going to be Wilder beating Brazeale, Joshua beating Miller (more on that in a sec), and then they face off in '19. Still like AJ to win, I actually thought his win against Parker -- albeit not one for the ages -- was professional and controlled. Wilder skated on the brink of disaster. As for Miller, I think he's the perfect foil to let Joshua establish a beachhead in the US. He throws good combos and moves decently, but he can't go 12, and he is not a huge banger despite his size. He's also an incredible talker and he sells his fights. Top 10 for sure, but not much more than that until he gets serious outside of the ring.

Would highly recommend Dogboe/Magdaleno if you missed it this weekend, very entertaining scrap.

Any idea what time the Haye-Bellew rematch is expected to start?  Only really interested in the main event.  TIA

So GGG vs the winner of Jacobs and Charlo i assume?  That would mean he needs a fall fight.  So im guessing either Canelo or BJS?

So GGG vs the winner of Jacobs and Charlo i assume?  That would mean he needs a fall fight.  So im guessing either Canelo or BJS?
He's got the pesky matter of the IBF mandatory against Derevyanchenko, which DiBella is holding tightly to. He's got the kind-of pesky matter of needing to deal with Canelo and Golden Boy (note: Canelo still hasn't enrolled in 24/7 VADA testing, tsk tsk) if he wants to make maximum money, with only so many fights left. Saunders or Murata overseas in their respective homelands would net nice paydays, but not anywhere near Canelo money.

The 64k question is whether Canelo and GGG want to tangle with each other, or if they're going to head their separate directions. Canelo seems to need the credibility of fighting GGG, GGG needs -- or maybe wants -- a big payday. Or maybe he feels Canelo's asked dishonorably, and doesn't want to deal with him.

Wow maybe the announcers got to me but I thought Loma had it in hand easily. I had him 6-3 going into the 10th. Can't see how Lineras was up 2.

I thought it was very close and he needed that knockout or to completely dominate the next two rounds.  And yea the announcers were jocking Loma ridiculously.  Impressive win coming off the mat to go get that win though.  Im not sure how much more he can go up in weight just yet though.  A bigger savvy boxer should be able to get him as Linares showed.  But then again, Loma should learn from that and get better.  :popcorn:   so who does he fight next?  Maybe a rematch?

I could understand a draw, but Linares up 2 seems like fight fixing for a rematch. 

I wouldn't mind a rematch. I'm glad Linares didn't but he didn't use his range nor impose his size by tying up Loma. It's easier said then done, but still. 

I'd love to see Loma face Manny. It would be non stop punching.

I thought it was very close and he needed that knockout or to completely dominate the next two rounds.  And yea the announcers were jocking Loma ridiculously.  Impressive win coming off the mat to go get that win though.  Im not sure how much more he can go up in weight just yet though.  A bigger savvy boxer should be able to get him as Linares showed.  But then again, Loma should learn from that and get better.  :popcorn:   so who does he fight next?  Maybe a rematch?
The plan was for him to beat up Ray Beltran in August to unify titles at 135, then possibly fight Pac at 140 at the end of the year. But given how big of a size disadvantage he had, it might change. I think he has 10 days to decide if he's going to give up his belts at 130.

Users who are viewing this thread