What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre Should Retire Now! (1 Viewer)

I don't know if you watched the game or not, but I'd blame at least 2 of his turnovers to the Braylon Edward Syndrome.His damn receivers had stone hands that day.
This. And the OL is crap at blocking too.
We call McKinney "The Matador" for a reason.
Wait...Mt Mckinney? Really?

I wonder if not playing with his team during the pre-season affects a QB's play?
A timely question.The answer is yes.
Did you sleep through the 2009 season?
It's pretty hard to argue that pre-season isn't helpful to a QB's timing with his entire offensive unit and vice versa.
Again....did you miss how Favre did last season when he reported at the same time as this year?The Favre detractors need to let this one go. Go ahead and use other reasons to try and explain his start to this season but the "reporting late" isn't going to cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if not playing with his team during the pre-season affects a QB's play?
It's pretty hard to argue that pre-season isn't helpful to a QB's timing with his entire offensive unit and vice versa.
Again....did you miss how Favre did last season when he reported at the same time as this year?The Favre detractors need to let this one go. Go ahead and use other reasons to try and explain his start to this season but the "reporting late" isn't going to cut it.
Are you saying that it helped?

Again....did you miss how Favre did last season when he reported at the same time as this year?
Was there anything different going into this season than last season for Favre and the Vikings?Some differences that might have suggested that playing during this year's pre-season would have been a good idea?... like all the other QBs in the league did btw.If you think this year's set of circumstances was identical to last year, no problems.I think it's a pretty simple conclusion that playing in the pre-season would have helped Favre's timing and his team's chances.

:goodposting:
It seems the Favre haters are claiming that Favre reporting late is affecting his play. He reported the same time last season and it didn't affect his play. That's not hard to grasp, son.
Maybe they don't hate the player...they hate the game. Favre's game is pretty sad right now. The Vikings are a franchise with a questionable future. Favre is on his way out and they extended Childress. Brilliant.

I think it's a pretty simple conclusion that playing in the pre-season would have helped Favre's timing and his team's chances.
If it is that simple then explain why Favre had one of his best seasons ever last year and the Vikings almost made the Super Bowl while reporting to camp at almost the same time as this year.

He will fake an injury about half way through the season when they still have a losing record. It serves the Vikes right

Or you could compare apples to apples and see the quality of teams played the 1st weeks last year vs this year...

I think it's a pretty simple conclusion that playing in the pre-season would have helped Favre's timing and his team's chances.
If it is that simple then explain why Favre had one of his best seasons ever last year and the Vikings almost made the Super Bowl while reporting to camp at almost the same time as this year.
I guess this season will be a carbon copy of last season then.

:goodposting:
It seems the Favre haters are claiming that Favre reporting late is affecting his play. He reported the same time last season and it didn't affect his play. That's not hard to grasp, son.
Favre's first two games last year he yielded 110 yards and 155 yards. The Vikings were just lucky they played Detroit and Cleveland, basically a continuation of the pre-season. This year, they played the Saints and Dolphins, no such luck.

Or you could compare apples to apples and see the quality of teams played the 1st weeks last year vs this year...
:goodposting: beat me to it.Which is to say he could be just fine after this and just off to a rough start. In my redraft I actually made an offer for him.

My only fear is that the gunslinger from the land down south of the delta gets a negative vibe going and stinks up the joint and then the locker room becomes divided and tavaris jackson starts thinking that he could be the next aaron rogers and things really all apart and they could even blame rice for not coming back and rehabing fast enough and chester taylor for making the hole where they drafted toby g. And then it could really fall apart after that stuff goes down.

Favre's first two games last year he yielded 110 yards and 155 yards. The Vikings were just lucky they played Detroit and Cleveland, basically a continuation of the pre-season. This year, they played the Saints and Dolphins, no such luck.
What does that have to do with how Favre played last year? He reported late and had a great season. Sorry people but I am also surprised there aren't other reasons being given for his poor start than reporting late.

What does that have to do with how Favre played last year? He reported late and had a great season. Sorry people but I am also surprised there aren't other reasons being given for his poor start than reporting late.
Are you really not getting this? At this point last season he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire against good teams. Most QBs need time to get their timing right. Brett had extra time last year because the first two games, let's face it, you or I could have beaten. This year he doesn't have that luxury. I actually think he'll be fine and those calling for retirement will look foolish, but right now you cannot watch the games and think he's at full speed and in synch with his receivers yet.

I find it pretty amazing that anyone would try to argue that it wouldn't have been beneficial for Favre and the Vikings if he had played more in pre-season and been at training camp longer. The Vikings do have plenty of problems... Favre being rusty and not synced up yet with his offense is one of them. :goodposting:

Are you really not getting this? At this point last season he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire against good teams. Most QBs need time to get their timing right. Brett had extra time last year because the first two games, let's face it, you or I could have beaten. This year he doesn't have that luxury. I actually think he'll be fine and those calling for retirement will look foolish, but right now you cannot watch the games and think he's at full speed and in synch with his receivers yet.
At this point last season he completed 37 passes with 48 attempts for 3 TDs and 0 Ints including completing over 85% of his throws week #2. I'd say he was in full synch with his receivers at that point.Oh...and give us more details on how you could have beaten those teams last year as the QB. :goodposting:

At this point last season he completed 37 passes with 48 attempts for 3 TDs and 0 Ints including completing over 85% of his throws week #2. I'd say he was in full synch with his receivers at that point.Oh...and give us more details on how you could have beaten those teams last year as the QB. :goodposting:
Obvious exaggeration, but it wouldn't take a full speed HOF QB to beat the Browns or Lions last year. Pop quiz - 1. What team netted the least yardage against the Lions last year (one week)? 2. What team netted the least passing yardage against the Browns last year?

He better get on page next week vs Det. After the bye its @jets, vs boys, @GB, then @NE. Minnesota is lucky to win 2 of those how they are playing, I predict 2-4 to start which is not looking playoff worthy especially with how the bears are playing.

The opposition has a year worth of film on Favre in purple. The first year is much, much easier than the second.

The opposition has a year worth of film on Favre in purple. The first year is much, much easier than the second.
:doh: ;) :moneybag: :lmao: :lmao:

Watching SportsCenter as we speak....was #4 crying? It sure looked like it.

:doh:

The Prime Time Crew is giving a eulogy as we speak....

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn: :lmao: :wall: :headbang: :lmao:
Seriously? You think a full off-season to break down game film is insignificant?

Favre looked pretty good. Not great. Not as good as he normally does. But pretty good. I wouldn't worry about him. Hate the wr's and o-line. Harvin didn't play much of this game either.

Favre looked pretty good. Not great. Not as good as he normally does. But pretty good. I wouldn't worry about him. Hate the wr's and o-line. Harvin didn't play much of this game either.
Not going to get into the rest of the slap fighting in this one...but how did he look pretty good? Last wewk, sure, some was on the wrs...but this week?Reminded me of the year with GB when everyone was hurt and he tried doing too much.

Users who are viewing this thread