What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeSean McCoy broken rib (1 Viewer)

Romofan

Footballguy
per Rotoworld:

Eagles coach Andy Reid revealed that LeSean McCoy fractured one rib in Sunday's loss to the Redskins.

Michael Vick apparently isn't the only one that damaged his ribs on Sunday. McCoy was able to play through the injury, but his status for Sunday's game against the 49ers is now very uncertain. Players can sometimes play through lower rib fractures, but are highly susceptible to aggravation and often have trouble with extended reps. Mike Bell is next up on the depth chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turner got shut down by the Niners yesterday. Don't think Bell will fare any better. Course the way my teams are going I'll probably be adding him.

Do they have any explosive young undrafted RB types (or random FB's) they could plug in?

RB: LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Eldra Buckley, Joique Bell

FB: Owen Schmitt, Leonard Weaver (IR)

Could we see Schmitt, Buckley, or JBell step up?

Do they have any explosive young undrafted RB types (or random FB's) they could plug in?RB: LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Eldra Buckley, Joique BellFB: Owen Schmitt, Leonard Weaver (IR)Could we see Schmitt, Buckley, or JBell step up?
With Kolb at the helm, if McCoy is out I'm staying away from this RBBC altogether.

IIRC Martell Mallett is on the practice squad. He looked decent in preseason - he's a CFL veteran and did very well there last year.

Check that - Cleveland claimed him.

Wouldn't that depend on your league format? In some of my leagues guys like McGahee are on the ww simply due to a shallow format. In others, guys like Huggins, Nance, and Starks are rostered. Also keep in mind the day McCoy had ... 12 receptions. If Kolb is going to be captain check down then whoever is the recipient could be viable. Celek gets a boost.

Wow my team is an infirmary. First Andre Johnson and Sjax and now McCoy. Sometimes I really hate FF.
Reminds me of my team this year.Stafford, Cutler, McCoy, Mathews, McFadden, Moreno, picked up Vick. At least Maurice Jones-Drew has only had injury scares for me and still played.-QG

Bell is awful. I wouldn't be surprised if Schmidt gets some carries at tailback.
I'd love to see that. Schmidt was a beast at WVU and so much fun to watch. I mean, he made a career out of breaking facemasks and helmets (sometimes on his own head, youtube it), and I think he had some insane record of carries without being stopped for negative yardage.

No Mccoy was top 3 in ppr format with 90 points thats horrible news... hopefully its not to bad and he can play thru it cuz it should heal in 4 weeks fully..... he didn't seem limited in the game at all so he played thru the pain pretty well to me I watched whole game

Just dandy.

Bradshaw hurt an ankle

McCoy broken ribs

McFadden pulled a hammy

My only other RB is Marshawn Lynch. haha

Doesn't surprise me. If the poor kid wasn't running, he was receiving a checkdown pass. He looked like holy hell by the 4th quarter. With Kolb at the helm, this guy isn't going to last the season.

I think if McCoy is out at all Schmitt could make a decent short term option, especially in ppr. He looked pretty good cathching the ball out of the backfield yesterday. And I would think he'd get some goal line looks.

Just dandy.Bradshaw hurt an ankleMcCoy broken ribsMcFadden pulled a hammyMy only other RB is Marshawn Lynch. haha
I believe Bradshaw is fine... havent heard otherwise... plus he went back in the game didn't he?
Yes he came back in and looked ok, just saying.
Ahmad Bradshaw-RB- Giants Oct. 4 - 3:01 pm et Ahmad Bradshaw was seen in the Giants' locker room Monday "limping badly" after playing through an ankle sprain in Week 4.Bradshaw was in and out of the lineup in the second half Sunday night. He did close out the contest, but this is a reminder that Bradshaw isn't an especially good bet to hold up for 16 games. He's probably headed for some practice time off this week. The Giants face the run-tough Texans in Week 5.Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

If McCoy can't go I believe Buckley would be a nice fit to fill in. Despite the fumble week 1, I think he would have got a bigger role on the team. McCoy is a special back but he can't carry the load that he is now. I know Reid is pass happy and McCoy usually gets limited carries he still catches a lot of balls as well. I think the Eagles need to get Buckley more involved he is not a superstar back or a future star back but he fits well into the Eagles game plans.

Buckley is a poor mans McCoy. He would get the job done if given the chance. I like him over both Bells and Schmitt. Schmitt is an awesome football player though I would love to see him get 20 carries in a game just to see what the defense would look like at the end of it.

Posted in the Lynch thread as well, but mentions McCoy's injury as well so I included it here...

Reuben Frank of the Burlington County Times reports that the Eagles have inquired about the availability of Marshawn Lynch.

We'd caution that Frank rarely breaks big news, though PhillyBurbs.com (the Burlington County Times' website) is a pretty solid source for most things Eagles-related. Citing a league source, Frank indicates that the Birds called the Bills after learning of LeSean McCoy's fractured rib. Frank characterizes McCoy as "out indefinitely," and Philadelphia is shorthanded at running back without him. Mike Bell, a healthy scratch in Week 4, is next on the depth chart.

Doesn't surprise me. If the poor kid wasn't running, he was receiving a checkdown pass. He looked like holy hell by the 4th quarter. With Kolb at the helm, this guy isn't going to last the season.
he only got 28 touches...pretty standard for an nfl rb..

Bell is not "awful". Any New Orleans Saints fan knows that. He did a perfectly fine job for the Saints last season, except for his cleats in the NFC Championship game :thumbdown:

Shouldnt Mccoy be able put on a flak jacket and go? I think he was running with that broken rib last night. would be interesting to know at what point in the game his rib was broke.

Posted in the Lynch thread as well, but mentions McCoy's injury as well so I included it here...

Reuben Frank of the Burlington County Times reports that the Eagles have inquired about the availability of Marshawn Lynch.

We'd caution that Frank rarely breaks big news, though PhillyBurbs.com (the Burlington County Times' website) is a pretty solid source for most things Eagles-related. Citing a league source, Frank indicates that the Birds called the Bills after learning of LeSean McCoy's fractured rib. Frank characterizes McCoy as "out indefinitely,"and Philadelphia is shorthanded at running back without him. Mike Bell, a healthy scratch in Week 4, is next on the depth chart.
I'd think the out indefinitely tag would be best suited to Vicks injury. McCoy played thru the injury.

Tue, Oct 5

According to ESPN, McCoy is out indefinitely due to the fractured rib he suffered during Sunday's loss to the Redskins.

Recommendation: This report is somewhat surprising considering that the initial thought was that McCoy would be able to play against the 49ers on Sunday, so we'll wait for official word from the Eagles before jumping to conclusions. Mike Bell would most likely start if McCoy was out, but Eldra Buckley could see a fair share of the touches as well.

(Rotowire.com)

towney said:

We'd caution that Frank rarely breaks big news, though PhillyBurbs.com (the Burlington County Times' website) is a pretty solid source for most things Eagles-related. Citing a league source, Frank indicates that the Birds called the Bills after learning of LeSean McCoy's fractured rib. Frank characterizes McCoy as "out indefinitely,"and Philadelphia is shorthanded at running back without him. Mike Bell, a healthy scratch in Week 4, is next on the depth chart.
I'd think the out indefinitely tag would be best suited to Vicks injury. McCoy played thru the injury.
Pretty solid source?? Bell was NOT a healthy scratch in Week 4.

captbly said:
Shouldnt Mccoy be able put on a flak jacket and go? I think he was running with that broken rib last night. would be interesting to know at what point in the game his rib was broke.
they said 2nd quarter???? if thats true he looked ok give him a shot in the butt and a nice flak-jacket and he should be ready to roll.. .let him rest all week with only one practice friday.... i dont see why he is out INDEFINITLY WTF!

captbly said:
they said 2nd quarter???? if thats true he looked ok give him a shot in the butt and a nice flak-jacket and he should be ready to roll.. .let him rest all week with only one practice friday.... i dont see why he is out INDEFINITLY WTF!

captbly said:
Not all that unusual to play through an injury that just happened and then later realize, "Crap, I had no business staying in the game." Plus many injuries don't hurt nearly as bad the first few hours as they do later.

captbly said:
Not all that unusual to play through an injury that just happened and then later realize, "Crap, I had no business staying in the game." Plus many injuries don't hurt nearly as bad the first few hours as they do later.
Yup. Happens all the time. Tracy Porter came back and finished the NO-Car game this weekend, then found out the next day he had a partially torn MCL.

The Eagles have not yet ruled out LeSean McCoy (rib) for Week 5, according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.

La Canfora also states that the Eagles are not working out any running backs because they hope to have McCoy back in 1-2 weeks. It seems very unlikely he'll suit up this weekend, and even if he does, his workload would be limited. However, the short timetable for return would seem to lessen the chances they'd go after Marshawn Lynch. Mike Bell will fill in while McCoy is out.

towney said:

Pretty solid source?? Bell was NOT a healthy scratch in Week 4.
They got their Bells confused. Mike Bell played (and looked terrible). Joique Bell was a healthy scratch.

captbly said:
Yup. Happens all the time. Tracy Porter came back and finished the NO-Car game this weekend, then found out the next day he had a partially torn MCL.
Rub some dirt on it.

The Eagles have not yet ruled out LeSean McCoy (rib) for Week 5, according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.

La Canfora also states that the Eagles are not working out any running backs because they hope to have McCoy back in 1-2 weeks. It seems very unlikely he'll suit up this weekend, and even if he does, his workload would be limited. However, the short timetable for return would seem to lessen the chances they'd go after Marshawn Lynch. Mike Bell will fill in while McCoy is out.
Would Bell be worth a start at all this week?

cortizone and flak jacket... ocho cinco has broke rib to.. it isn't plural RIBS... its one rib... he should be ok to go.. played 2nd half and looked better then he did first half LOL

RB LeSean McCoy suffered a fractured rib Sunday against Washington, but coach Andy Reid remains hopeful McCoy will be able to play this week. Reid said it's a "comfort thing," adding that McCoy would need extra padding, like a flak jacket.(Yahoo! Sports) :)

Users who are viewing this thread