What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick already named week 9 starter.... (1 Viewer)

No it wouldn't. He has said, "Michael's my QB" hundreds of times. It did not go away. Seriously, where are you people getting this stuff from!?
I'm getting it from here:Andy Reid has been asked this several times now - after Sunday's impressive, 31-17 Eagles victory over Atlanta, on Monday, and again yesterday. Reid, who confirmed Kolb definitely will start again, as Vick recovers from a rib-cartilage injury, still hasn't given anything close to a "yes" or "no" answer.

"I haven't even thought about that," Reid said yesterday. "We're worried about Tennessee right now and we're not worried about starting jobs. You guys can worry about all that. We're worried right now about trying to put together a game plan, learn the game plan and execute the game plan. That's what I think Kevin is focused in on; that's what we're focused in on as coaches."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...l#ixzz13OO7ctJh
That actually disproves your point and proves mine. He was focusing on that week and that week alone. Go ahead and ignore the hundreds of times he said Vick is his starter before that and now after that. Whatever makes you Kolb owners feel better.

No it wouldn't. He has said, "Michael's my QB" hundreds of times. It did not go away. Seriously, where are you people getting this stuff from!?
I'm getting it from here:Andy Reid has been asked this several times now - after Sunday's impressive, 31-17 Eagles victory over Atlanta, on Monday, and again yesterday. Reid, who confirmed Kolb definitely will start again, as Vick recovers from a rib-cartilage injury, still hasn't given anything close to a "yes" or "no" answer.

"I haven't even thought about that," Reid said yesterday. "We're worried about Tennessee right now and we're not worried about starting jobs. You guys can worry about all that. We're worried right now about trying to put together a game plan, learn the game plan and execute the game plan. That's what I think Kevin is focused in on; that's what we're focused in on as coaches."

That actually disproves your point and proves mine. He was focusing on that week and that week alone. Go ahead and ignore the hundreds of times he said Vick is his starter before that and now after that. Whatever makes you Kolb owners feel better.
I'm not a Kolb owner, just an Eagles fan who listens to Philly news and reads Philly sports every day. Again, a simple "Michael's my starter" would have put the whole thing to rest. Side stepping the question just makes it worse imo.

I'm not a Kolb owner, just an Eagles fan who listens to Philly news and reads Philly sports every day. Again, a simple "Michael's my starter" would have put the whole thing to rest. Side stepping the question just makes it worse imo.
omg man. he has answered the question. congratulations, you found one article where he didnt want to discuss it, but was concentrating on the current week. talk about cherry picking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no cat in this fight and I am no Eagles fan. My outside opinion was that this week's game was going to determine who the week 9 QB was going to be. To me, it was that simple.

Again, he HAS DONE THAT many times. Again, you are ignoring that fact. Again, you found the one article where he didn't say it.

omg man. he has answered the question. congratulations, you found one article where he didnt want to discuss it, but was concentrating on the current week. talk about cherry picking.
You 2 are awfully obsessed with defending what you call "a pointless argument." We've merely made our point that Andy Reid does not mean what he says and will do whatever he wants to do. I don't own Kolb or vick. I'm an Eagles fan who wants the Eagles to win. If thats Vick then so be it. If thats Kolb then so be it. What I want to hear from andy is a definitive starter do or die without the flopping back and forth. He says Vick now. We'll see if Vick has some bad games.

Same could be said for you Vick owners.

You 2 are awfully obsessed with defending what you call "a pointless argument." We've merely made our point that Andy Reid does not mean what he says and will do whatever he wants to do. I don't own Kolb or vick. I'm an Eagles fan who wants the Eagles to win. If thats Vick then so be it. If thats Kolb then so be it. What I want to hear from andy is a definitive starter do or die without the flopping back and forth. He says Vick now. We'll see if Vick has some bad games.
Insein: Again, please give me specifics to your assertion that Reid does not mean what he says. Beyond the one time after Week 1. You still have not answered that question. Right now it seems like a baseless claim. You are just saying it to try and prove a point, but it is simply not true. Someone doing that one time does not make your point. Specifics!

Sheesh, can we just agree he is starting now.

How about some predictions for next week? How does he matchup with the Colts? Can we comfortably start him in two weeks?

Insein: Again, please give me specifics to your assertion that Reid does not mean what he says. Beyond the one time after Week 1. You still have not answered that question. Right now it seems like a baseless claim. You are just saying it to try and prove a point, but it is simply not true. Someone doing that one time does not make your point. Specifics!
Should I link every post game and Monday press conference for the season? I mean people would fall asleep before the end of the first one.

Should I link every post game and Monday press conference for the season? I mean people would fall asleep before the end of the first one.
You mean every post game and Monday press conference where he stated Vick was his starting QB? Yes, please do that! Again, you have ZERO proof to your claim. You keep dodging the question and making witty remarks, but that just shows how your assertion is incorrect. It's over dude...you lost this one.Let's move on. I think Vick will have a very solid game against the Colts. He has time to prepare, and the Colts rushing D stinks.

JUST LIST ONE!! List one posting where he said the week 9 starter was up in the air and/or the team's starter was Kolb not Vick. Please just list one.

JUST LIST ONE!! List one posting where he said the week 9 starter was up in the air and/or the team's starter was Kolb not Vick. Please just list one.
I posted one a few posts up....check it out.
this?"I haven't even thought about that," Reid said yesterday. "We're worried about Tennessee right now and we're not worried about starting jobs. You guys can worry about all that. We're worried right now about trying to put together a game plan, learn the game plan and execute the game plan. That's what I think Kevin is focused in on; that's what we're focused in on as coaches."

i dont see anything here.

this?"I haven't even thought about that," Reid said yesterday. "We're worried about Tennessee right now and we're not worried about starting jobs. You guys can worry about all that. We're worried right now about trying to put together a game plan, learn the game plan and execute the game plan. That's what I think Kevin is focused in on; that's what we're focused in on as coaches."

Jude, just stop fighting with them. There is zero proof and they are just wrong. Clearly they won't let facts get in the way of their preconceived ideas. They were/are trying to read between the lines when it is not necessary.

You particularly don't see "Michael's my starting QB". You also don't see where Reid said Vick's practiced all week, is close to 100%, but isn't starting. Nor do you see that Kolb was coming off 2 nice, if not great, games. One where he was named the NFC Offensive player of the week. Then was asked who his starter would be after the bye. He then side stepped the question. And yes, saying "I haven't even thought about that" is coach speak for "I don't want to answer that now". If you still want to believe its been carved in stone for weeks that Vick is the unquestioned starter, then fine. I don't agree. Time to move on.

You particularly don't see "Michael's my starting QB". You also don't see where Reid said Vick's practiced all week, is close to 100%, but isn't starting. Nor do you see that Kolb was coming off 2 nice, if not great, games. One where he was named the NFC Offensive player of the week. Then was asked who his starter would be after the bye. He then side stepped the question. And yes, saying "I haven't even thought about that" is coach speak for "I don't want to answer that now". If you still want to believe its been carved in stone for weeks that Vick is the unquestioned starter, then fine. I don't agree. Time to move on.
:unsure: :lmao: :doh: :cry: :)

Jude, just stop fighting with them. There is zero proof and they are just wrong. Clearly they won't let facts get in the way of their preconceived ideas. They were/are trying to read between the lines when it is not necessary.
Yes we're wrong and we're not reading between the lines. :bs: Talk about head in the sand. Here's the news at the start of this week after the Atlanta game where Kolb played good.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?story_id=22256

"There's a pretty good chance Kevin's the guy this week," Reid said.

Kolb, meanwhile, has earned the trust of Reid and his teammates with his play over the last two weeks. In that span, Kolb is 44-60 for 579 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and a 73.3 completion percentage.

"Offensively, the obvious is that Kevin played very well at the quarterback position," Reid said in reviewing yesterday's 31-17 win over the Atlanta Falcons. Kolb earned a 133.6 quarterback rating on the day."That's a good day. With all those numbers, I think the thing that he probably did best that doesn't get noticed is the way he managed the game. He got everybody involved."
Here's the news after Kolb played bad. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...erback_job.html

There is, however, one major adjustment that Andy Reid will make for the Colts game. It is not changing his defensive coordinator or his right cornerback - although the argument is building to do just that - but it could help the team discover how to decisively close a game, a skill they've sorely lacked in recent weeks.

Michael Vick will be back starting at quarterback on Nov. 7. Kevin Kolb will be on the bench. It is official. (Until it isn't. Just ask Reid.)

Asked to evaluate Kolb's performance, Reid did not exactly hold back:

"It was up and down," Reid said. "He had some good plays, some phenomenal plays, and some I think he would like to have back, but when you're playing a good football team, you're going to have that."
Kolb played poorly and it made Andy's decision Easy. Not once during the week did he say Vick is definitely my starter. He evaded and gave a half-hearted "if he's healthy, we'll see." So basically, Vick is the starter because Kolb didn't light it up. We'll see how long that lasts. thats all Ive been saying but your defending Andy to the death. Always a bad move if your relying on what Andy says.

Yes we're wrong and we're not reading between the lines. :bs: Talk about head in the sand. Here's the news at the start of this week after the Atlanta game where Kolb played good.

Kolb, meanwhile, has earned the trust of Reid and his teammates with his play over the last two weeks. In that span, Kolb is 44-60 for 579 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and a 73.3 completion percentage.

"Offensively, the obvious is that Kevin played very well at the quarterback position," Reid said in reviewing yesterday's 31-17 win over the Atlanta Falcons. Kolb earned a 133.6 quarterback rating on the day."That's a good day. With all those numbers, I think the thing that he probably did best that doesn't get noticed is the way he managed the game. He got everybody involved."
Here's the news after Kolb played bad. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...erback_job.html

There is, however, one major adjustment that Andy Reid will make for the Colts game. It is not changing his defensive coordinator or his right cornerback - although the argument is building to do just that - but it could help the team discover how to decisively close a game, a skill they've sorely lacked in recent weeks.

Michael Vick will be back starting at quarterback on Nov. 7. Kevin Kolb will be on the bench. It is official. (Until it isn't. Just ask Reid.)

"It was up and down," Reid said. "He had some good plays, some phenomenal plays, and some I think he would like to have back, but when you're playing a good football team, you're going to have that."
Kolb played poorly and it made Andy's decision Easy. Not once during the week did he say Vick is definitely my starter. He evaded and gave a half-hearted "if he's healthy, we'll see." So basically, Vick is the starter because Kolb didn't light it up. We'll see how long that lasts. thats all Ive been saying but your defending Andy to the death. Always a bad move if your relying on what Andy says.
I appreciate you at least trying to support your argument with real quotes and facts. But the quotes above seem to be Reid discussing the game/gameplay that occurred. The question posed to you is where did Reid ever say something and do the opposite...which is your claim. Again, excluding after week 1. The quotes above in no way prove your point. Him saying Kolb could have played better is not doing that. And him saying Kevin is the guy yesterday because Vick was still not 100% is not doing that either. Still haven't answered the question...where does Reid say one thing and do the opposite?

you are delusional. You need to read Reid's quotes, not the fluff piece by the reporter. You'll see nowhere EVER does he say Kolb is probably my QB if he plays well in Week 7. You are saying this NOT Reid. However, I can point you to where Reid has point blank stated multiple times that Vick is the starter when helthy. We are done here. You Lost.

Yes we're wrong and we're not reading between the lines. :rolleyes: Talk about head in the sand. Here's the news at the start of this week after the Atlanta game where Kolb played good.

you are delusional. You need to read Reid's quotes, not the fluff piece by the reporter. You'll see nowhere EVER does he say Kolb is probably my QB if he plays well in Week 7. You are saying this NOT Reid. However, I can point you to where Reid has point blank stated multiple times that Vick is the starter when helthy. We are done here. You Lost.
:popcorn: What did I lose? My opinion stated that if Kolb played well, he'd be the starter for week 9. How can you disprove my assertion? I think we will know by years end. If andy back tracks again and starts Kolb when Vick plays poorly, you will know who is right.

Wow. Just simply Wow. You lost because you stated a point: That Andy Reid says one thing and does another. And have ZERO evidence to prove it. When asked for proof, you bring something that does not prove it at all. That is why you lost. Not because Vick is the starter. You lost because your logic is flawed and has been proven wrong.

Wow. Just simply Wow. You lost because you stated a point: That Andy Reid says one thing and does another. And have ZERO evidence to prove it. When asked for proof, you bring something that does not prove it at all. That is why you lost. Not because Vick is the starter. You lost because your logic is flawed and has been proven wrong.
Andy Reid said Kevin Kolb is my starter for Week 2. Vick started week 2. Next question?

:popcorn: What did I lose? My opinion stated that if Kolb played well, he'd be the starter for week 9. How can you disprove my assertion? I think we will know by years end. If andy back tracks again and starts Kolb when Vick plays poorly, you will know who is right.
Opinions are fine. But we all know that's not what you are doing here.

Andy Reid said Kevin Kolb is my starter for Week 2. Vick started week 2. Next question?
Do you even read before responding? We all agree he did it one time. If according to you, one time makes this a personality trait for life, then you must be tough to be around. He did it once...no more. Yet you accuse him of ALWAYS doing it. As asked countless times..please state an example above that one that we all agree on.

Do you even read before responding? We all agree he did it one time. If according to you, one time makes this a personality trait for life, then you must be tough to be around. He did it once...no more. Yet you accuse him of ALWAYS doing it. As asked countless times..please state an example above that one that we all agree on.
McNabb is my quarterback for 2010. Mcnabb is traded to the Redskins.

McNabb is my quarterback for 2010. Mcnabb is traded to the Redskins.
Any quotes for that? Or is this just made up by you again? Or implied via articles and commentary from journalists? probably not..you don't like facts.

What am I doing here? All I'm doing is pointing out that Andy Reid's words are worth the CO2 that they emit.

What am I doing here? All I'm doing is pointing out that Andy Reid's words are worth the CO2 that they emit.
Correction - You are INCORRECTLY pointing out that Reid's words are worth the CO2 they emit.

And that will prove that you were right? You are 100% wrong here. If Kolb threw for 300 and 3 TDs (and they win), Vick still would have started in Week 9 because he gives the team the best chance to win. If Reid changes his mind 3 weeks from now, then that is a completely different situation.
I was listening to your arguement until this ^^^^^If they in fact win yesterday (which I added) Kolb is named the starter PERIOD. No way they go with Vick. The funny thing is, that Kolb wasn't great, but that is not what lost the game. It was the Oline on one goalline play that broke down and helped botch McCoy han doff and the defense that never seemed to know what they were doing. Kolb plays good enough to lead them into the 4th quarter, and then the defenses (where I believe KK is on the bench next to the Great Vick) never even covers the receivers! How the hell is that Kolbs fault and justify his play? Next week if Vick scores 5 TD's but the defense gives up 10 TD's- Are the Vick supporters going to say that its Vicks fault for not scoring 11TD's?

you are saying he said things he hasnt said. you are giving us your opinion of what you think his words mean.sadly your total lack of reading comprehension is the root source of the problem. and your opinion at this point is just dead wrong.

Any quotes for that? Or is this just made up by you again? Or implied via articles and commentary from journalists? probably not..you don't like facts.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816179
PHILADELPHIA -- No. 5 will return to Philadelphia for a 12th season.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Donovan McNabb will be the team's quarterback next season.

Michael Vick's status remains questionable, however.
After this comment is abundantly apparent that neither you nor Jade actually pay attention to Andy Reid's press conferences or to Philly media. Admittedly much of it is fluff and stuff to make an article. However, what andy says and what Andy does are 2 different things. He remains purposely vague most of the time to avoid controversy. This year though, naming McNabb his QB then trading him, then naming Kolb the starter then benching him are 2 of the most recent reasons why I will never believe what andy says ever again. I will only see what andy does. You can blindly follow his words but I will not any longer.The whole pojnt of this argument was to dissuade people from blindly following what Andy says and finding other sources (if you can) to confirm what you need to know for FF or otherwise.

I think Jude nailed it..your reading comprehension is very poor. The article you used a reference NOWHERE states that McNabb is his starter.

"That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."

You are misreading his quotes and attributing them to Andy. You even say he is ambiguous on purpose, then try to find clarity in his ambiguity. Your mistake..not others.

I think Jude nailed it..your reading comprehension is very poor. The article you used a reference NOWHERE states that McNabb is his starter.

"That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."

You are misreading his quotes and attributing them to Andy. You even say he is ambiguous on purpose, then try to find clarity in his ambiguity. Your mistake..not others.
Believe what you want. Its obvious you feel Andy says what he means. Hopefully it doesn't burn you.And since you won't believe London is burning until the Germans are there, here's more articles for you.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagl...-my-quarterback

Andy Reid: McNabb Is My Quarterback

In no uncertain terms, Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid says Donovan McNabb will start for the Eagles in 2010.

“Yes. That is what I’m saying now,” Reid said when asked if McNabb would be the team’s starter. “That is my call.”

But Reid would not comment when asked by reporters if McNabb would get a contract extension beyond 2010.
http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/post/354504...ement-of-mcnabb
“I was asked” late Saturday night “if Donovan [McNabb] would be my quarterback next year, and I said yes,” Eagles coach Andy Reid said yesterday as he continued to sort through the remnants of his team’s lopsided first-round playoff loss to the Dallas Cowboys. “That’s what I’m saying now.”
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing?blo...&tagID=1181
Andy Reid said it Saturday night and he said it again Monday afternoon.

Donovan McNabb will be the Eagles’ starting quarterback next season.

“I was asked if Donovan will be my quarterback next year, and I said yes, so that’s what I’m saying now,” the Eagles’ head coach said Monday.

I think Jude nailed it..your reading comprehension is very poor. The article you used a reference NOWHERE states that McNabb is his starter."That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."You are misreading his quotes and attributing them to Andy. You even say he is ambiguous on purpose, then try to find clarity in his ambiguity. Your mistake..not others.
Believe what you want. Its obvious you feel Andy says what he means. Hopefully it doesn't burn you.
again, you are confusing your inherent feelings that reid's word isnt worth anything Vs. what is actually in print and being quoted.

I think Jude nailed it..your reading comprehension is very poor. The article you used a reference NOWHERE states that McNabb is his starter."That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."You are misreading his quotes and attributing them to Andy. You even say he is ambiguous on purpose, then try to find clarity in his ambiguity. Your mistake..not others.
Believe what you want. Its obvious you feel Andy says what he means. Hopefully it doesn't burn you.
again, you are confusing your inherent feelings that reid's word isnt worth anything Vs. what is actually in print and being quoted.
See above. :thumbup:

I have said this before in other posts: "Vick supporters are certainly much louder than Kolb supporters". Continues to be true.
and?edit to add: this isnt about supporting a side. it is about examining facts - at least for me.

I have said this before in other posts: "Vick supporters are certainly much louder than Kolb supporters". Continues to be true.
Indeed. All Ive been pointing out is that Andy's word can not be trusted. Seems I can't read so goods though. :rolleyes:

Indeed. All Ive been pointing out is that Andy's word can not be trusted. Seems I can't read so goods though. :rolleyes:
dude we get it. you dont trust reid. is there anything else you can add here?
You're not obligated to respond to me. You seem very intent on doing so though. Are you adding anything here?

You're not obligated to respond to me. You seem very intent on doing so though. Are you adding anything here?
yeah, i am in a thread about Vick being the starter because I have him on my team. You are just trolling around telling us to not trust Reid. Fine, thank you, we get it. please head out of here. your thoughts are on the record. your utter lack of reading comprehension is also on the record. :P

yeah, i am in a thread about Vick being the starter because I have him on my team. You are just trolling around telling us to not trust Reid. Fine, thank you, we get it. please head out of here. your thoughts are on the record. your utter lack of reading comprehension is also on the record. :P
By all means keep insulting me. It only strengthens your position. :rolleyes:For those that care, Vick will be the starter until Andy feels Kolb is better. So don't believe what he says.

By all means keep insulting me. It only strengthens your position. :)For those that care, Vick will be the starter until Andy feels Kolb is better. So don't believe what he says.
don't worry man. you can get better at it :) for the record, don;t bump this when/if Kolb gets the job back because I never stated that he wouldn't.

By all means keep insulting me. It only strengthens your position. :)For those that care, Vick will be the starter until Andy feels Kolb is better. So don't believe what he says.
don't worry man. you can get better at it :lmao: for the record, don;t bump this when/if Kolb gets the job back because I never stated that he wouldn't.
I'll bump it for you when reid says Vick is the starter but Kolb starts that week. Hows that? :)

By all means keep insulting me. It only strengthens your position. :shrug:For those that care, Vick will be the starter until Andy feels Kolb is better. So don't believe what he says.
don't worry man. you can get better at it :lol: for the record, don;t bump this when/if Kolb gets the job back because I never stated that he wouldn't.
I'll bump it for you when reid says Vick is the starter but Kolb starts that week. Hows that? :suds:
sure i can agree to that, but I was never really debating that either. reid may be a chronic flip flopper, i dont know.....i'll take your word for it....you seem like you know a lot about the eagles.

don't worry man. you can get better at it :lmao: for the record, don;t bump this when/if Kolb gets the job back because I never stated that he wouldn't.
I'll bump it for you when reid says Vick is the starter but Kolb starts that week. Hows that? :(
sure i can agree to that, but I was never really debating that either. reid may be a chronic flip flopper, i dont know.....i'll take your word for it....you seem like you know a lot about the eagles.
Just like I wouldn't argue if you had info on the Pats.

Michael Vick gives the eagles a better chance to win. Kolb is more suited for the Eagles dink and dunk west coast style, but Vick has the much better big play ability. The saftey/linebacker assigned to spy Vick opens up the running lanes for McCoy just a tab bit more then when Kolb is under center. The Eagles struggle greatley in short yardage situations, and Michaels feet make the defense have to focus on one more factor, giving them a better oppourtunity to convert short yardage plays. Vicks ability to extend the play that extra second gives Maclin and Jackson a chance to use their speed and break away from defenders. Kolb is the future of the franchise, but Vick without a doubt gives the Eagles a better chance to win now.

Users who are viewing this thread