What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moss to..... (1 Viewer)

Interesting. Of all the teams that passed on Moss in the 1998 draft, Tennessee was the only one to take a WR (Kevin Dyson). I suspect they would have a SB by now if they'd taken Moss.

it's up at nfl.com now:

Breaking News

Titans claim Moss off waivers

The Tennessee Titans have claimed receiver Randy Moss off waivers, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Fanball reporting same thing:

"The Titans have "won" the Randy Moss sweepstakes.

Our View: Will Moss see Tennessee as a suitable destination? The outspoken receiver did not mince words when he said he'd sit out the rest of the season if he was claimed by a team he didn't want to play for, but we wouldn't think the 5-3 Titans would be on his no-play list. With Kenny Britt and Justin Gage both sidelined, Moss gives the Titans the receiving threat they need. Now let's see if he can play nice."

I guess this is a decent place to land- seems like he could pick up some of the production Britt was putting up.. Like with Peterson in Minn- but even moreso- the defense can't key on him all the time becasue there will be 8 in the box to contain CJ.

Now- will Moss show up?

Not liking the week 9 bye, could really have used him this week. I'll take it if it means he'll actually produce consistently the rest of the year though. This should obviously help open up more room for CJ too.

After all the reports of "no way he falls that low", this is interesting. I wonder if the early reporting of Tennessee putting in a claim for him stopped other teams from claiming him (i.e. Miami if they were simply trying to prevent him going back to NE).

144 User(s) are reading this topic (51 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

91 Members: Dr. Awesome, greenman, Geolaker58, Bonka, TonyRockyHorror, Steelers4Life, jojoh07, Romofan, Gr00vus, wsbelina, stacks, Jrcwy, Cheap-Shot, munygon2, ttea, travdogg, footballnerd, mrspree15, Steed, steelwind, Eastwood, Pittsburgh P, Crew Love, pidgeonmanza, CiderHouse, Garts, Judge Smails, Otis, todisco1, MissionCoach, Nicolas Cocaign, bushisdaman, FFdork, gethugefast1, PatrickT, Metzger, Masked Vigilante, firstseason1988, X67LaWLeR67X, elguapo07, LOCO, Horses Mouth, Burgendy, BINGBING, Mooks77, LittlePhatty, johnny_q, Tybeeman, BucFan40, soothsayer, mcintyre1, djjosee, NYRAGE, Irish Chaos, amnesiac, dwashington, Alex - FFPC, JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo, ScoobySnack, hakjak, yaheRRdme, Katism18, G-Money, Modog814, gregjcross, jasvic, hotboyz, LaneOfSteel™, Fat Nick, tdog, Dizzy, mlball77, Da Man, Endangered Monk, drew05, agent 86, Blue-Kun, LondonGold, Eraser, lynx4ben, Velveeta22, howo5, Killerclown, krugoh, Eggs, Mr.Sunday, corprond, Catch-23, zamboni, abe froman, 3 out of 5

;) This makes my decision to drop Moss for Rice or Crabtree much easier. It's hard for me to envision Moss putting up strong numbers when he failed to do that on a team with a much better QB (New England) and another team with a stud RB and more talented receiving options (Minnesota).

This will be interesting if Moss reports to the Titans..........................I hear the food their is $%$^%$

Not liking the week 9 bye, could really have used him this week. I'll take it if it means he'll actually produce consistently the rest of the year though. This should obviously help open up more room for CJ too.
He would have been worthless this week no matter where he landed.. Shows up Thursday- prob wouldn't even be active.. At least this way he gets some time to learn the calls and practice with the team.

He would have been worthless this week no matter where he landed.. Shows up Thursday- prob wouldn't even be active.. At least this way he gets some time to learn the calls and practice with the team.

Really need to know from insiders whether Washington or Williams will be the guy benefitting from Moss double coverage. I'm in a bidding war now..Who's the guy to have?

Not true if he had gone back to New England.

IMO, anyone that thinks Tenn is a bad fit for Moss has lost their marbles, just look at what Britt was able to do prior to his injury. Also as previously mentioned, Houston secondary twice more including playoffs, could be big win for distraught Moss owners. (If he decides he is ready to play)

This will be interesting if Moss reports to the Titans..........................I hear the food their is $%$^%$
I hope he's not a health nut because everything here is deep fried.
TEN is not far from West Virginia. Moss grew up there, right? Home cooking.ETA: Kentucky is between Tennesse and WV. Probably won't matter much but what am I saying? I'm just a Northeastern Yankee.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, anyone that thinks Tenn is a bad fit for Moss has lost their marbles, just look at what Britt was able to do prior to his injury. Also as previously mentioned, Houston secondary twice more including playoffs, could be big win for distraught Moss owners. (If he decides he is ready to play)
Agreed. And Fisher seems pretty respected around the league, which is more important than who is throwing to him.

Adam_Schefter:

One place Randy Moss hoped to go was Tenn. He plans to report, happily. And Chris Johnson will be happy to have him. Stretches defenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense. Moss is just the type of big play, deep WR their passing game depends on and which they just lost when Britt went down. Titans are also a team that prides themselves on the idea that they can keep knuckleheads in check.

This remains to be seen but Britt is still trying to get established, so he is motivated. I have not seen that from Moss since he set the TD record.

The Titans have already outscored their opponents by more points than anyone else in the league. They're arguably the best team in the league now. Not good news for NYJ, NE, MIA, IND, HOU, PIT, BAL or any of the teams out west.

michaelombardi:

Tennessee is perfect for Moss. Play action pass team and deep passing team. Chris Johnson has to be happy

144 User(s) are reading this topic (51 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)91 Members: Dr. Awesome, greenman, Geolaker58, Bonka, TonyRockyHorror, Steelers4Life, jojoh07, Romofan, Gr00vus, wsbelina, stacks, Jrcwy, Cheap-Shot, munygon2, ttea, travdogg, footballnerd, mrspree15, Steed, steelwind, Eastwood, Pittsburgh P, Crew Love, pidgeonmanza, CiderHouse, Garts, Judge Smails, Otis, todisco1, MissionCoach, Nicolas Cocaign, bushisdaman, FFdork, gethugefast1, PatrickT, Metzger, Masked Vigilante, firstseason1988, X67LaWLeR67X, elguapo07, LOCO, Horses Mouth, Burgendy, BINGBING, Mooks77, LittlePhatty, johnny_q, Tybeeman, BucFan40, soothsayer, mcintyre1, djjosee, NYRAGE, Irish Chaos, amnesiac, dwashington, Alex - FFPC, JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo, ScoobySnack, hakjak, yaheRRdme, Katism18, G-Money, Modog814, gregjcross, jasvic, hotboyz, LaneOfSteel™, Fat Nick, tdog, Dizzy, mlball77, Da Man, Endangered Monk, drew05, agent 86, Blue-Kun, LondonGold, Eraser, lynx4ben, Velveeta22, howo5, Killerclown, krugoh, Eggs, Mr.Sunday, corprond, Catch-23, zamboni, abe froman, 3 out of 5
:sarcasm:

VY throws one of the best deep balls in the league.......Moss is one of the best deep ball wr in the league. Daddy likey. Washington is your clean up guy.

This remains to be seen but Britt is still trying to get established, so he is motivated. I have not seen that from Moss since he set the TD record.
I think we need to hold off on saying Moss is a great fit anywhere right now. He was catching two passes a game with a superstar QB and didn't fare much better on a team with a superstar RB. And while Favre clearly has declined, I'm not sure he's declined to the point where either Young or Collins are better QBs.

Users who are viewing this thread