Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t see how all that adds up to Lamb/Chubb. At all. Or even remotely close. 

send them a link to a dynasty trade calculator. That’s subtle, right? 

Either that or I might send him the list of RFAs I'm planning to cut and ask for his first and second rounders.

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty

Guy in my 12 team 1 ppr, start 2 QB, IDP dynasty offered me: I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks.  I gi

Might have a top-5 entrant here.  I get: 1.02 I give: Saquon Barkley Deebo Samuel Sam Hubbard 1.05 The good part is the other owner said it is negotiable. 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Same league I've been complaining about...

They probably know you post the bad offers here and are yanking your chain.  That's what I'd do anyway.  :devil:

• Thinking 2
23 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Either that or I might send him the list of RFAs I'm planning to cut and ask for his first and second rounders.

Yes, also a subtle approach. 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Get: Jones, Daniel NYG QB

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

Freeman, Royce DEN RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Kendricks, Eric MIN LB

Give:Young, Chase WAS DE

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.02

Dr Evil reacts...

Ooohhh....it was modified!

Get: Jones, Daniel NYG QB; Green, A.J. CIN WR; Kendricks, Eric MIN LB

Give: Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.02

Soooo...Chase Young is equal to Darrynton Evans and Royce Freeman? :wall:

I think @Enderdog might be right. 

Edited by Andy Dufresne

I just got back into dynasty last year after a 10 year hiatus.  Took over an orphan that is ridiculously void of talent.  Only had the 2.09 rookie pick and struck gold with Claypool who is the best prospect on my roster. Made a couple of trades that have me extra picks.  Had the second worst record that should have been the worst, but had a couple weeks where people started players on byes and got a couple lucky wins.  Woke up to a really terrible offer this morning.  In a start 1 QB league:

Give 1.02  for Justin Herbert

Herbert is better than any QB I have, but when the runner up offers you this with a stacked roster you can't help but laugh.  I also have the 1.10 which could possibly land me Lawrence which I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Shawnky
36 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I offered Justin Jefferson for the 1.2 and 1.12.

He countered with the 1.12 and the 3.02.

Oh sure, I thought there might be a two round difference in my offer.

I probably would have accepted your first offer.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I think the 1.2 AND the 1.12 might be a little steep for Jefferson.  But his counter was brutal.

Not sure if you can be transparent on your thoughts behind the original offer.  Are you thinking receiver at 1.2 (Chase/Smith?) and a quality prospect at 12?  Curious how you think Jefferson compares with the top 2-3 WRs before landing spots are determined.

21 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I think the 1.2 AND the 1.12 might be a little steep for Jefferson.  But his counter was brutal.

Not sure if you can be transparent on your thoughts behind the original offer.  Are you thinking receiver at 1.2 (Chase/Smith?) and a quality prospect at 12?  Curious how you think Jefferson compares with the top 2-3 WRs before landing spots are determined.

Zealots non-ppr leagues require two starting RBs each week. I only have two on my roster (good ones though - Chubb & Sanders) and would be fine with either Williams or Harris. I think either would replace Jefferson's points. Jefferson I unfortunately expect to regress (in terms of points) as the Vikes won't play from behind as much. Also, I want one of the QBs at 12.

16 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Really?  I am actually surprised anyone would deal jefferson for that.  Unless its superflex

Andy made the offer and responded with his plan to target a RB/QB.

Jefferson had an opportunity to prove himself at the NFL level and did admirably.  Some may think Chase or Smith a suitable replacement or, like Ady, could be targeting a top back.  So, to me, the principals in the trade are the 1.02 for Jefferson.  Let's say you believe Chase = Jefferson, with landing spot a big variable.  The addition of the 1.12, a potentially very good player in a deep draft, makes it pricey to me.

I definitely understand the preference for Jefferson and his proven track record.

50 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

format matters here, but I would not trade JJ for the 1.2 and 1.12

I can believe that. But in the spirit of this thread I was pointing out that it's nutso to think anyone would trade Jefferson for the 1.12/3.02.

I win

FFPC got this one today

I give up: Jonathan Taylor

I get: Matt Ryan, 2022 3rd and 4th

I responded with a reject, and a "why would I even consider this?" comment attached at the end. 

• Laughing 1
7 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I misread this. Count me among those who would take Jefferson for the 1.2 and 1.12.

Edited by rockaction
2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Its NON-PPR though.

Obviously that makes it a much different offer than if PPR

Oh, I skipped ahead and didn't read him unpack it. He needs another RB and QB because of starting requirements and need. And it's Non-PPR. I missed all that. In a vacuum I would make that deal and take Jefferson, but knowing those two things now, maybe not.

Edited by rockaction

Just one more from my stupid ### Zealots league..

Offered two 2022 firsts and the 2.10 this year for the 1.4 - just exploratory. Guy also has the 1.10.

It was his response with the rejection that killed me: "I might do that for Watson but I will get a top player at 1:04."

I replied with, "You MIGHT do that for Watson? Lol"

Yup, definitely quitting this one after this year.

FFPC dynasty teams need to cut their rosters to 16 players by Wednesday, so this is the time of year when I get some really wacky offers. This offer came in a superflex league, where roster spots are even more valuable because everyone holds on to their QBs. A lot of teams will sell guys for any pick, just to get something back if the player would otherwise be cut. Got this offer yesterday:

Get: Zach Ertz, Odell Beckham, Sam Darnold

Give: 1.09, 2022 1st

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with Zealots players?

A) Sure I'll give Miles Sanders AND a 3rd for Baker Mayfield when QBs get 4 points/TD. :rolleyes:

B) Him: I'm interested in trading for Chubb.

Me: Well would your 5th and/or 8th picks be in play? You don't have much else.

Him: I'd consider my 8th. 

It's like playing cards with my brother's kids.  

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Laughing 2

Well, I guess I had it coming ... I posted I had the 1.01 up for trade bait.  (12 Team 1 QB ppr) Team in full rebuild.  

Offer was for my 1.01 for his 2022 1 (mid-late), 2022 2nd (mid-late).

Now, he really only needs a quality RB to be strong contender, so I can see him asking .... but come on?  

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Well, I guess I had it coming ... I posted I had the 1.01 up for trade bait.  (12 Team 1 QB ppr) Team in full rebuild.  

Offer was for my 1.01 for his 2022 1 (mid-late), 2022 2nd (mid-late).

Now, he really only needs a quality RB to be strong contender, so I can see him asking .... but come on?  

I hate the semantics of "trade bait"... it should be notification to the rest of the league that you are open to making a deal and would entertain legitimate offers .   And the first part is very important,  its hard to negotiate a trade with a disinterested trade partner.   However, it always seems like people equate "trade bait" to a yard sale,

Is it too late to quit a league? How far can/should I go to blast this guy?

My first thought is, "Why in the world would I accept such a pile of garbage?"

My second thought is, "This is a joke, right?"

Get:
Brown, Antonio FA WR

Jeffery, Alshon FA WR

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.12

Give:

Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

Edited by Andy Dufresne

These are my two favorites lately.  12 Team SF and I am rebuilding it, was an orphan I took over this year.  

I give 1.06 

I get Todd Gurley, Danny Amendola, Trey Burton, Sammy Watkins and Antonio Brown.

So 1.06 for a pile of garbage that doesn't include one asset that I can build around.

I give Aaron Rodgers David Johnson Kenyan Drake and Adam Thielen

I get Tyler Boyd, Drew Lock, Steven Sims Ian Thomas and 2.02

So I wouldn't trade Aaron Rodgers for that let alone asking for 3 useful 21 pieces on top of it.  I like Boyd and 2.02 as assets sure, but how can anyone put this offer together and go yep that looks fair and makes sense for the guy rebuilding.  

• Laughing 1
On 4/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, DropKick said:

I hate the semantics of "trade bait"... it should be notification to the rest of the league that you are open to making a deal and would entertain legitimate offers .   And the first part is very important,  its hard to negotiate a trade with a disinterested trade partner.   However, it always seems like people equate "trade bait" to a yard sale,

I never use trade bait and I have my fair share of trades.

Trade that went down yesterday in one of my leagues was essentially Dalvin Cook and rookie 2.06 for Jonathan Taylor and rookie 1.06. Not necessarily that bad in and of itself (it's PPR), but it's how the owner that traded Cook got him in the first place. 

Last year he acquired Cook and a future first round rookie pick, which ended up being 1.03, for Dak Prescott, Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis. It is superflex, but still. Of course Dak went down for the season right after it, too. The team that traded Cook was still in playoff contention right to the end, so you can argue you didn't know the pick would be that high. But that one guy now has netted Jonathan Taylor, 1.03 and 1.06 for Dak, two borderline starting RBs and 2.06.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:06 PM, mike11162 said:

Trade that went down yesterday in one of my leagues was essentially Dalvin Cook and rookie 2.06 for Jonathan Taylor and rookie 1.06. Not necessarily that bad in and of itself (it's PPR), but it's how the owner that traded Cook got him in the first place. 

Last year he acquired Cook and a future first round rookie pick, which ended up being 1.03, for Dak Prescott, Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis. It is superflex, but still. Of course Dak went down for the season right after it, too. The team that traded Cook was still in playoff contention right to the end, so you can argue you didn't know the pick would be that high. But that one guy now has netted Jonathan Taylor, 1.03 and 1.06 for Dak, two borderline starting RBs and 2.06.

The 1.6 and 2.6 are a huge gap that is not fair for Cook vs Taylor. Some people have Taylor over Cook straight up. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I woke up to

1.7 for Zeke Elliott

and

Rex Burkhead, Jamison Crowder and 3.6 for CEH

Not sure how to counter offer these.

What I like best about this is the timing... some guy watching the draft getting all worked up over the upcoming season.  Starts to think about trades he might make and this is the best he comes up with.  Priceless.

2 hours ago, jabarony said:

Got a new personal worst this morning.  My 1.02.  His P. Cambell and Ron Jones.

Where's the puke emoji?  Oof that's bad.  

I took over a Superflex Dynasty IDP team last year and it's a full rebuild. Pretty mediocre roster so I put DeAndre Hopkins OTB a few days ago with the draft set to start tomorrow. Email today with a trade offer,,, I came here without responding. 

Give: DeAndre Hopkins

Receive: Drew Lock, Zach Pascal, Sterling Shepard

• Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Give: DeAndre Hopkins

Receive: Drew Lock, Zach Pascal, Sterling Shepard

You’re being stubborn here. 3 is clearly more than 1.

....thought the person who offered this steamy pile, probably. 

• Laughing 1