What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

Get: Jones, Daniel NYG QB

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

Freeman, Royce DEN RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Kendricks, Eric MIN LB

Give:Young, Chase WAS DE

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.02

Dr Evil reacts...
Ooohhh....it was modified!

Get: Jones, Daniel NYG QB; Green, A.J. CIN WR; Kendricks, Eric MIN LB

Give: Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.02

Soooo...Chase Young is equal to Darrynton Evans and Royce Freeman? :wall:

I think @Enderdog might be right. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back into dynasty last year after a 10 year hiatus.  Took over an orphan that is ridiculously void of talent.  Only had the 2.09 rookie pick and struck gold with Claypool who is the best prospect on my roster. Made a couple of trades that have me extra picks.  Had the second worst record that should have been the worst, but had a couple weeks where people started players on byes and got a couple lucky wins.  Woke up to a really terrible offer this morning.  In a start 1 QB league:

Give 1.02  for Justin Herbert

Herbert is better than any QB I have, but when the runner up offers you this with a stacked roster you can't help but laugh.  I also have the 1.10 which could possibly land me Lawrence which I wouldn't mind.

I offered Justin Jefferson for the 1.2 and 1.12.

He countered with the 1.12 and the 3.02.

Oh sure, I thought there might be a two round difference in my offer.

I think the 1.2 AND the 1.12 might be a little steep for Jefferson.  But his counter was brutal.

Not sure if you can be transparent on your thoughts behind the original offer.  Are you thinking receiver at 1.2 (Chase/Smith?) and a quality prospect at 12?  Curious how you think Jefferson compares with the top 2-3 WRs before landing spots are determined.

I think the 1.2 AND the 1.12 might be a little steep for Jefferson.  But his counter was brutal.

Not sure if you can be transparent on your thoughts behind the original offer.  Are you thinking receiver at 1.2 (Chase/Smith?) and a quality prospect at 12?  Curious how you think Jefferson compares with the top 2-3 WRs before landing spots are determined.
Zealots non-ppr leagues require two starting RBs each week. I only have two on my roster (good ones though - Chubb & Sanders) and would be fine with either Williams or Harris. I think either would replace Jefferson's points. Jefferson I unfortunately expect to regress (in terms of points) as the Vikes won't play from behind as much. Also, I want one of the QBs at 12.

Really?  I am actually surprised anyone would deal jefferson for that.  Unless its superflex
Andy made the offer and responded with his plan to target a RB/QB.

Jefferson had an opportunity to prove himself at the NFL level and did admirably.  Some may think Chase or Smith a suitable replacement or, like Ady, could be targeting a top back.  So, to me, the principals in the trade are the 1.02 for Jefferson.  Let's say you believe Chase = Jefferson, with landing spot a big variable.  The addition of the 1.12, a potentially very good player in a deep draft, makes it pricey to me.

I definitely understand the preference for Jefferson and his proven track record.

I win

FFPC got this one today

I give up: Jonathan Taylor

I get: Matt Ryan, 2022 3rd and 4th

I responded with a reject, and a "why would I even consider this?" comment attached at the end. 

I misread this. Count me among those who would take Jefferson for the 1.2 and 1.12.

Its NON-PPR though.

Obviously that makes it a much different offer than if PPR
Oh, I skipped ahead and didn't read him unpack it. He needs another RB and QB because of starting requirements and need. And it's Non-PPR. I missed all that. In a vacuum I would make that deal and take Jefferson, but knowing those two things now, maybe not.

Just one more from my stupid ### Zealots league..

Offered two 2022 firsts and the 2.10 this year for the 1.4 - just exploratory. Guy also has the 1.10.

It was his response with the rejection that killed me: "I might do that for Watson but I will get a top player at 1:04."

I replied with, "You MIGHT do that for Watson? Lol"

Yup, definitely quitting this one after this year.

FFPC dynasty teams need to cut their rosters to 16 players by Wednesday, so this is the time of year when I get some really wacky offers. This offer came in a superflex league, where roster spots are even more valuable because everyone holds on to their QBs. A lot of teams will sell guys for any pick, just to get something back if the player would otherwise be cut. Got this offer yesterday:

Get: Zach Ertz, Odell Beckham, Sam Darnold

Give: 1.09, 2022 1st

What is it with Zealots players?

A) Sure I'll give Miles Sanders AND a 3rd for Baker Mayfield when QBs get 4 points/TD. :rolleyes:

B) Him: I'm interested in trading for Chubb.

Me: Well would your 5th and/or 8th picks be in play? You don't have much else.

Him: I'd consider my 8th. 

It's like playing cards with my brother's kids.  

I got offered Juju for my 1.03.  I declined, and got a "hey never hurts to try" response.  

The next day he added the 2.08 to it.  

Well, I guess I had it coming ... I posted I had the 1.01 up for trade bait.  (12 Team 1 QB ppr) Team in full rebuild.  

Offer was for my 1.01 for his 2022 1 (mid-late), 2022 2nd (mid-late).

Now, he really only needs a quality RB to be strong contender, so I can see him asking .... but come on?  

Well, I guess I had it coming ... I posted I had the 1.01 up for trade bait.  (12 Team 1 QB ppr) Team in full rebuild.  

Offer was for my 1.01 for his 2022 1 (mid-late), 2022 2nd (mid-late).

Now, he really only needs a quality RB to be strong contender, so I can see him asking .... but come on?  
I hate the semantics of "trade bait"... it should be notification to the rest of the league that you are open to making a deal and would entertain legitimate offers .   And the first part is very important,  its hard to negotiate a trade with a disinterested trade partner.   However, it always seems like people equate "trade bait" to a yard sale,

Is it too late to quit a league? How far can/should I go to blast this guy?

My first thought is, "Why in the world would I accept such a pile of garbage?"

My second thought is, "This is a joke, right?"

Get:
Brown, Antonio FA WR

Jeffery, Alshon FA WR

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.12

Give:

Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

These are my two favorites lately.  12 Team SF and I am rebuilding it, was an orphan I took over this year.  

I give 1.06 

I get Todd Gurley, Danny Amendola, Trey Burton, Sammy Watkins and Antonio Brown.

So 1.06 for a pile of garbage that doesn't include one asset that I can build around.

I give Aaron Rodgers David Johnson Kenyan Drake and Adam Thielen

I get Tyler Boyd, Drew Lock, Steven Sims Ian Thomas and 2.02

So I wouldn't trade Aaron Rodgers for that let alone asking for 3 useful 21 pieces on top of it.  I like Boyd and 2.02 as assets sure, but how can anyone put this offer together and go yep that looks fair and makes sense for the guy rebuilding.  

I hate the semantics of "trade bait"... it should be notification to the rest of the league that you are open to making a deal and would entertain legitimate offers .   And the first part is very important,  its hard to negotiate a trade with a disinterested trade partner.   However, it always seems like people equate "trade bait" to a yard sale,
I never use trade bait and I have my fair share of trades.

Trade that went down yesterday in one of my leagues was essentially Dalvin Cook and rookie 2.06 for Jonathan Taylor and rookie 1.06. Not necessarily that bad in and of itself (it's PPR), but it's how the owner that traded Cook got him in the first place. 

Last year he acquired Cook and a future first round rookie pick, which ended up being 1.03, for Dak Prescott, Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis. It is superflex, but still. Of course Dak went down for the season right after it, too. The team that traded Cook was still in playoff contention right to the end, so you can argue you didn't know the pick would be that high. But that one guy now has netted Jonathan Taylor, 1.03 and 1.06 for Dak, two borderline starting RBs and 2.06.

Trade that went down yesterday in one of my leagues was essentially Dalvin Cook and rookie 2.06 for Jonathan Taylor and rookie 1.06. Not necessarily that bad in and of itself (it's PPR), but it's how the owner that traded Cook got him in the first place. 

Last year he acquired Cook and a future first round rookie pick, which ended up being 1.03, for Dak Prescott, Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis. It is superflex, but still. Of course Dak went down for the season right after it, too. The team that traded Cook was still in playoff contention right to the end, so you can argue you didn't know the pick would be that high. But that one guy now has netted Jonathan Taylor, 1.03 and 1.06 for Dak, two borderline starting RBs and 2.06.
The 1.6 and 2.6 are a huge gap that is not fair for Cook vs Taylor. Some people have Taylor over Cook straight up. 

I woke up to

1.7 for Zeke Elliott

and

Rex Burkhead, Jamison Crowder and 3.6 for CEH

Not sure how to counter offer these.

Dreamer said:
I woke up to

1.7 for Zeke Elliott

and

Rex Burkhead, Jamison Crowder and 3.6 for CEH

Not sure how to counter offer these.
What I like best about this is the timing... some guy watching the draft getting all worked up over the upcoming season.  Starts to think about trades he might make and this is the best he comes up with.  Priceless.

I took over a Superflex Dynasty IDP team last year and it's a full rebuild. Pretty mediocre roster so I put DeAndre Hopkins OTB a few days ago with the draft set to start tomorrow. Email today with a trade offer,,, I came here without responding. 

Give: DeAndre Hopkins

Receive: Drew Lock, Zach Pascal, Sterling Shepard

I get:

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.11

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.06

I give: 

Carson, Chris SEA RB

Robinson, Allen CHI WR

Samuel, Curtis WAS WR

Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick 

I’m not sure what to make of this - I’m supposed to give up Carson, a RB I traded for because this dude was unreasonable in his demands for Elliott last year, to upgrade to Elliott at the cost of ARob & Samuel? What is 2.11 supposed to get me to make up for that? Or 4.06 for that matter? 

I like how he had the cajones to ask for a draft pick, too. 

This is the worst trade I’ve ever been offered. I may let it sit there festering until it expires just to send a message. 

I get:

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.11

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.06

I give: 

Carson, Chris SEA RB

Robinson, Allen CHI WR

Samuel, Curtis WAS WR

Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick 

I’m not sure what to make of this - I’m supposed to give up Carson, a RB I traded for because this dude was unreasonable in his demands for Elliott last year, to upgrade to Elliott at the cost of ARob & Samuel? What is 2.11 supposed to get me to make up for that? Or 4.06 for that matter? 

This is the worst trade I’ve ever been offered. I may let it sit there festering until it expires just to send a message. 
This doesn't even crack the top 10 of worst trades I have been offered.  I am not saying I would take it but if you believe Carson is an injury prone RB2 that can't stay on the field, A-Rob is a WR2/3 with terrible QB play and a rookie coming in which may or may not be good, Samuel changing teams and will be second fiddle behind McLaurin and nothing more than a WR3 it isn't that far off.  

All that to say, the players involved have a wide range of value assumptions.  With the right views this could be a trade that is accepted.  

This doesn't even crack the top 10 of worst trades I have been offered.  I am not saying I would take it but if you believe Carson is an injury prone RB2 that can't stay on the field, A-Rob is a WR2/3 with terrible QB play and a rookie coming in which may or may not be good, Samuel changing teams and will be second fiddle behind McLaurin and nothing more than a WR3 it isn't that far off.  

All that to say, the players involved have a wide range of value assumptions.  With the right views this could be a trade that is accepted.  
Yes, for example if my trade partner is high on meth, I could see him thinking this is a fair deal. 

trade calculator has him winning it by 50 points. 

From my perspective, Zeke is a dude on the decline who is now sharing the backfield with a highly effective Pollard. ARob has been a WR1 with Trubisky so why would he be worse now, and Samuel is complimentary to McLaurin. 

Moreover my team lacks depth so both ARob & McClaurin are starters, and like I said, I specifically went out to deal for Carson (Boyd+Singletary) because dude was asking way too much for Elliott. 

The topic isn’t “what’s the worst trade @Gallyhas ever been offered”. lol

In context of how it would screw my team to make this deal, it’s the worst I’ve ever been offered.  

Yes, for example if my trade partner is high on meth, I could see him thinking this is a fair deal. 

trade calculator has him winning it by 50 points. 

From my perspective, Zeke is a dude on the decline who is now sharing the backfield with a highly effective Pollard. ARob has been a WR1 with Trubisky so why would he be worse now, and Samuel is complimentary to McLaurin. 

Moreover my team lacks depth so both ARob & McClaurin are starters, and like I said, I specifically went out to deal for Carson (Boyd+Singletary) because dude was asking way too much for Elliott. 

The topic isn’t “what’s the worst trade @Gallyhas ever been offered”. lol

In context of how it would screw my team to make this deal, it’s the worst I’ve ever been offered.  

The topic also isn't "based on Hot Sauce's roster construction and how much it screws his team to make this deal" worst trade offers ever thread either.  

You are missing the point I was trying to make.  You added the negative side of Zeke (who is another player with a wide range of value assessments) which helps my explanation.  If you felt with Dak coming back Zeke is primed for a top 5 season with a couple more low end RB1 years to follow that than side is a lot higher in value.  

In a vacuum, the trade offer it isn't one of the worst ever.  All the players have a wide range of value expectations and if you are on the high/low end as applicable the offer becomes tolerable.  Again, I would have accepted either in any situation but it isn't a 

I understand why you thought it was a bad trade based on your team and your perceptions of the players.  It just wasn't in the worst trades anybody has ever scene realm. 

ETA:  Also the fact you recently traded for Carson is irrelevant to the evaluation of this trade offer.  That trade is already done....what you gave up and why you went after Carson is really irrelevant.

The topic also isn't "based on Hot Sauce's roster construction and how much it screws his team to make this deal" worst trade offers ever thread either.  

You are missing the point I was trying to make.  You added the negative side of Zeke (who is another player with a wide range of value assessments) which helps my explanation.  If you felt with Dak coming back Zeke is primed for a top 5 season with a couple more low end RB1 years to follow that than side is a lot higher in value.  

In a vacuum, the trade offer it isn't one of the worst ever.  All the players have a wide range of value expectations and if you are on the high/low end as applicable the offer becomes tolerable.  Again, I would have accepted either in any situation but it isn't a 

I understand why you thought it was a bad trade based on your team and your perceptions of the players.  It just wasn't in the worst trades anybody has ever scene realm. 

ETA:  Also the fact you recently traded for Carson is irrelevant to the evaluation of this trade offer.  That trade is already done....what you gave up and why you went after Carson is really irrelevant.
The topic title is literally “What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?”

for the context I provided, and at face value alone, this more than qualifies as among the worst.

my context is 100% relevant to why this is a bad offer for me. 

The topic title is literally “What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?”

for the context I provided, and at face value alone, this more than qualifies as among the worst.

my context is 100% relevant to why this is a bad offer for me. 
Going on that premise then my comment that it didn't crack the top 10 worst offers I have ever received is also pertinent and applicable to the thread title.

(ETA:  All in good fun!)

Going on that premise then my comment that it didn't crack the top 10 worst offers I have ever received is also pertinent and applicable to the thread title.

(ETA:  All in good fun!)
Like the trade offer, I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed. 

:lol:  

I guess I don't think that valuation is bad for Zeke.  I don't think you need to include Allen Robinson, because I value him at a higher level than Curtis Samuel due to his production with Trubisky and Jacksonville's QB's earlier in his career.  

I think if the trade just had Zeke for Chris Carson, Curtis Samuel and the pick - it evens things up a bit.  This is a classic case of someone trying to get too much and then it winds up on a Worst Trade Ever Post.  However, it isn't that bad of a trade but you value Zeke differently than I do.  In my opinion Zeke >>> Carson and Samuel makes up the difference. 

I guess I don't think that valuation is bad for Zeke.  I don't think you need to include Allen Robinson, because I value him at a higher level than Curtis Samuel due to his production with Trubisky and Jacksonville's QB's earlier in his career.  

dude’s been trying to get ARob from me for 2 years. I agree that his inclusion throws the whole deal out of whack, but I also know he’s really the player dude is after. So he would never accept a Zeke for Carson + Samuel (I know, it was offered last time we went through this exercise) 

i think if the trade just had Zeke for Chris Carson, Curtis Samuel and the pick - it evens things up a bit.  This is a classic case of someone trying to get too much and then it winds up on a Worst Trade Ever Post.  However, it isn't that bad of a trade but you value Zeke differently than I do.  In my opinion Zeke >>> Carson and Samuel makes up the difference. 
I think the deal without ARob would be quite fair, but wouldn’t help me. It wouldn’t land on the list of “worst trades I’ve been offered” though, correct.

Upgrading from Carson to Zeke at the cost of Samuel while getting a late 2nd & an irrelevant 4th might be fair on paper, but as mentioned, he wouldn’t do it & I don’t see it as enough of an upgrade to make the deal. 

I’m also high on Samuel & think he’ll be at least WR3-worthy for FF purposes with upside for more seeing as he’ll be used as a gadget player and a deep threat with a QB who can chuck the ball.    

Asking for ARob and a pick is what got it mentioned here. 

I had Zeke in redraft last year & he simply wasn’t the same dominant player. His short yardage suffered from ineffectiveness & I don’t recall him breaking a run of longer than 20 yards. 

Meanwhile Pollard is clearly ascending in that offense & I see no reason why Dallas wouldn’t continue to lean on him as they did in 2020. He was a home run hitter & was also taking receptions from Zeke, which is also a hit to his value.

Regardless, the topic title is worst trade you’ve been offered and this does make my top 5. I see no universe in which the upgrade from bellcow Carson to Zeke is worth ARob & Samuel, and neither 2.11 nor 4.06 will fix that. And as a bonus I lose a 3rd rounder? 

hard pass. 

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

Users who are viewing this thread