What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (6 Viewers)

OK, maybe not the worst ever, but certainly the worst recent offer. 12 team PPR.Get:Turner, Michael ATL RBBrown, Antonio PIT WRDavis, Fred WAS TEGive:Hillman, Ronnie DEN RBThomas, Demaryius DEN WRHernandez, Aaron NEP TE
:shrug: looks close to me
Hillman > TurnerThomas > BrownHernandez > DavisOn what planet is that close?
This will be an interesting post to look back at in 1 year.

OK, maybe not the worst ever, but certainly the worst recent offer. 12 team PPR.Get:Turner, Michael ATL RBBrown, Antonio PIT WRDavis, Fred WAS TEGive:Hillman, Ronnie DEN RBThomas, Demaryius DEN WRHernandez, Aaron NEP TE
Turner 1500 total yards 11 TDs > HillmanBrown 1100 yards last year = Thomas 551 yards last year(his hype train is getting crazy) Antonio Brown was the team MVP last year in his second season.Davis < HernandezLooks close as I said...it's not out of this planet. I know everyone thinks old players suck and rookies will be All-Pros...but that just isn't the case.

I think that's the point. As with nearly every post in here, CURRENT value dictates it to be a bad offer. Current value in the context of this trade says that it isn't close. I still think the same holds true in a year, but that's always a gamble in dynasty.

Turner 1500 total yards 11 TDs > HillmanBrown 1100 yards last year = Thomas 551 yards last year(his hype train is getting crazy) Antonio Brown was the team MVP last year in his second season.Davis < HernandezLooks close as I said...it's not out of this planet. I know everyone thinks old players suck and rookies will be All-Pros...but that just isn't the case.
Can I get Turner's points last year this year? I don't think my league allows that, but I can ask.If this were a redraft league, I'd completely agree with you. But it's not, and current value of these players echoes my comparison of the relative pieces.Hillman is a late 1st, early 2nd round rookie pick. I've seen him as high as 1.09. You think you could get that pick for Turner? Not a chance.I like Brown, but his ceiling isn't anywhere close to Thomas'. Those are just the facts. Sometimes group think is a bad thing, but we can't all be wrong on his potential.I'm also a Davis fan, but I think Hernandez and Davis are worlds apart talent-wise. Also, Hernandez is only 22. In the interim, he has Gronk capping his upside, but his rookie contract ends after the 2014 season when he will be 24 years old. Not to mention Davis' knucklehead factor.These reasons are why, in a dynasty, it's not close.

Can I get Turner's points last year this year? I don't think my league allows that, but I can ask.If this were a redraft league, I'd completely agree with you. But it's not, and current value of these players echoes my comparison of the relative pieces.Hillman is a late 1st, early 2nd round rookie pick. I've seen him as high as 1.09. You think you could get that pick for Turner? Not a chance.I like Brown, but his ceiling isn't anywhere close to Thomas'. Those are just the facts. Sometimes group think is a bad thing, but we can't all be wrong on his potential.I'm also a Davis fan, but I think Hernandez and Davis are worlds apart talent-wise. Also, Hernandez is only 22. In the interim, he has Gronk capping his upside, but his rookie contract ends after the 2014 season when he will be 24 years old. Not to mention Davis' knucklehead factor.These reasons are why, in a dynasty, it's not close.
Ronnie Hillman has proven nothing the NFL, Turner has proven a lot. It's not like Hillman is a 1st round pick...he's a 3rd round pick, meaning expectations should be lowered. I've watched many of Hillman's games at SDSU and I don't see an everydown RB. Yeah I hear this every year that Michael Turner is going to fall off...then he runs for another 1300 yards. Wheels falling off...he ran for 172 in Week 16 and his 4.5 YPC was .4 higher than the year before. I can't see Ronnie Hillman running for over 2,000 yards in his entire career. So in my out of this world idea...Turner wins big time here even if he lasts only another year.Brown's ceiling isn't close to Thomas'...but Kenny Britt has never been stud but that's his "price". Same age...same position...give me the guy that out produces the other one. "We can't all be wrong on his potential" Go over to the SP hype thread for a list of guys that had "potential".I like Hernandez much more than Davis.In the end...the deal isn't one of the worst...that's my point.

Also, kudos on glossing over the fact that current market value on each piece in that deal dictates that it's a bad offer. Whether you agree with the market price on each piece or not.

FWIW, I never said it was "the worst offer ever". I said, as far as recent offers go, it was the worst I'd received.

I have what might be a thread-ender.

I'm in the midst of an initial dispersal draft. Rookies are included.

I was "offered" trading my 4.01 pick (remember, this is the veterans and rookies in this) for his 2013 3rd round rookie pick.

Mind-numbingly bad. Epically bad.

When I called him on it he said, "Well, you never know if someone will accept it."

Wow.

'benson_will_lead_the_way said:
'doowain said:
Seroiusly.

'doowain said:
Seems fair enough.

'Spike said:
I have what might be a thread-ender.I'm in the midst of an initial dispersal draft. Rookies are included.I was "offered" trading my 4.01 pick (remember, this is the veterans and rookies in this) for his 2013 3rd round rookie pick.Mind-numbingly bad. Epically bad.When I called him on it he said, "Well, you never know if someone will accept it."Wow.
What kind of players were around at ur 4.1?

I think that's the point. As with nearly every post in here, CURRENT value dictates it to be a bad offer. Current value in the context of this trade says that it isn't close. I still think the same holds true in a year, but that's always a gamble in dynasty.
Based on dynasty value this looks close. I could argue either side depending on what you were looking to do with your team

Based on dynasty value this looks close. I could argue either side depending on what you were looking to do with your team
According to the FBG consensus rankings: Hillman (30) > Turner (38) (2 of 8 have Turner over Hillman)Thomas (21) > Brown (27) (2 of 8 have Brown over Thomas)Hernandez (3) > Davis (8) (0 of 7 have Davis over Hernandez)Probably a little better for the team who offered the trade, but it's a joke this is the worst recent trade, unless your league has a 1 trade a year policy.

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."

Many of the trades posted are hardly "the worst" or even bad. Some are only bad in retrospect, others are bad because the future is unkown. Last season, before the regular season started nobody would have considered trading someone like B.Wells for Ingram even close to fair - now it's debatable - on both sides.

Here's hint #1: PEOPLE DON'T ALL VALUE PLAYERS THE SAME - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON TRADING IS POSSIBLE.

Hint #2: Not every trade offer is an attempt to insult you/take advantage of you. If you ARE insulted, read hint #1.

I am not trying to kill this thread - but this idea that some of the trade offers in this thread are "unfair" or the "worst ever" is in itself ridiculous. [/rant]
Here's a couple recent ones in a 14-team dynasty league:

I give: Percy Harvin

I get: 2012 2.12 draft pick, 2012 2.13 draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

I give: AJ Green

I get: DMC, Mario Manningham

and

I give: RGIII, Hakeem Nicks

I get: Andy Dalton, Felix Jones

[i accepted this one cause I need RB help]
Giving a top 10 dynasty QB and a top 5 dynasty WR surely could land you a better QB & RB combo.... at least a better RB
How is RG3 a top 10 dynasty QB?
Didn't you get the memo? The NFL drafted a bunch of Hall of Famers, or at a minimum, All Pros a few weeks ago. /sarcasmHeck, if RG3 can only do as well as Dalton did last year, it would be impressive. Just have to hope it's not Ponder or Gabbert level of play.

That said, I agree that RG3 + Nicks should have been able to net a better RB than a 3rd down back.
I offered Stafford in exchange for RG3 and a 1st (probably middle-late) and was immediately turned down. Maybe RG3 is over-valued but that's his value right now.

I can understand that view, but what really matters is the perceived value of players. If someone makes that trade they are losing a ton of perceived value, especially with Turner who has almost no trade value. If Hillman has even a decent year this year he'll be worth a 1st next year while Turner will be a 31 yo RB who could be cut. Plus, I don't even know if Turner will outscore Hillman in PPR this year since he's expecting to split time with Rodgers.

Not near the worst ever, but just offered and worse than many in this thread...

get

Ponder, Christian MIN QB

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

McKnight, Joe NYJ RB

Manningham, Mario SFO WR

give

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Miller, Lamar MIA RB

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Year 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick

I wouldn't give MJD alone for those guys. Roster space is tight in this league too.

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."

Many of the trades posted are hardly "the worst" or even bad. Some are only bad in retrospect, others are bad because the future is unkown. Last season, before the regular season started nobody would have considered trading someone like B.Wells for Ingram even close to fair - now it's debatable - on both sides.

Here's hint #1: PEOPLE DON'T ALL VALUE PLAYERS THE SAME - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON TRADING IS POSSIBLE.

Hint #2: Not every trade offer is an attempt to insult you/take advantage of you. If you ARE insulted, read hint #1.

I am not trying to kill this thread - but this idea that some of the trade offers in this thread are "unfair" or the "worst ever" is in itself ridiculous. [/rant]
Here's a couple recent ones in a 14-team dynasty league:

I give: Percy Harvin

I get: 2012 2.12 draft pick, 2012 2.13 draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

I give: AJ Green

I get: DMC, Mario Manningham

and

I give: RGIII, Hakeem Nicks

I get: Andy Dalton, Felix Jones

[i accepted this one cause I need RB help]
Giving a top 10 dynasty QB and a top 5 dynasty WR surely could land you a better QB & RB combo.... at least a better RB
How is RG3 a top 10 dynasty QB?
Didn't you get the memo? The NFL drafted a bunch of Hall of Famers, or at a minimum, All Pros a few weeks ago. /sarcasmHeck, if RG3 can only do as well as Dalton did last year, it would be impressive. Just have to hope it's not Ponder or Gabbert level of play.

That said, I agree that RG3 + Nicks should have been able to net a better RB than a 3rd down back.
I offered Stafford in exchange for RG3 and a 1st (probably middle-late) and was immediately turned down. Maybe RG3 is over-valued but that's his value right now.
I saw RGIII + Gerhart(to the AP owner) + 2.5 for 1.9 + Jamaal Charles. I think that's a lot for RGIII.

Not near the worst ever, but just offered and worse than many in this thread...getPonder, Christian MIN QBGreene, Shonn NYJ RBMcKnight, Joe NYJ RBManningham, Mario SFO WRgiveJones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBMiller, Lamar MIA RBThomas, Demaryius DEN WRYear 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick I wouldn't give MJD alone for those guys. Roster space is tight in this league too.
Love the addition of the 5th round pick. Like that's the dealbreaker.

I have what might be a thread-ender.I'm in the midst of an initial dispersal draft. Rookies are included.I was "offered" trading my 4.01 pick (remember, this is the veterans and rookies in this) for his 2013 3rd round rookie pick.Mind-numbingly bad. Epically bad.When I called him on it he said, "Well, you never know if someone will accept it."Wow.
Here, alphabetically, are the 24 players picked in rounds 4 and 5 (PPR league):Austin, Miles DAL WRBlackmon, Justin JAC WRBowe, Dwayne KCC WRBritt, Kenny TEN WRDecker, Eric DEN WRFloyd, Michael ARI WRGriffin III, Robert WAS QBHernandez, Aaron NEP TEHillman, Ronnie DEN RBIngram, Mark NOS RBJackson, Steven STL RBJohnson, Steve BUF WRLuck, Andrew IND QBLynch, Marshawn SEA RBMaclin, Jeremy PHI WRManning, Peyton DEN QBMarshall, Brandon CHI WRNelson, Jordy GBP WRRyan, Matt ATL QBSproles, Darren NOS RBStewart, Jonathan CAR RBThomas, Demaryius DEN WRVick, Michael PHI QBWilson, David NYG RB

Here, alphabetically, are the 24 players picked in rounds 4 and 5 (PPR league):Austin, Miles DAL WRBlackmon, Justin JAC WRBowe, Dwayne KCC WRBritt, Kenny TEN WRDecker, Eric DEN WRFloyd, Michael ARI WRGriffin III, Robert WAS QBHernandez, Aaron NEP TEHillman, Ronnie DEN RBIngram, Mark NOS RBJackson, Steven STL RBJohnson, Steve BUF WRLuck, Andrew IND QBLynch, Marshawn SEA RBMaclin, Jeremy PHI WRManning, Peyton DEN QBMarshall, Brandon CHI WRNelson, Jordy GBP WRRyan, Matt ATL QBSproles, Darren NOS RBStewart, Jonathan CAR RBThomas, Demaryius DEN WRVick, Michael PHI QBWilson, David NYG RB
i dont know whats worse this or that Boldin one. :lol:

I love when someone sends a crappy offer and then revoke it before you have a chance to reject it. And you know they're thinking that they offered to much.

A guy in my league sent me an offer. I get player A and he gets player B plus 2 more draft picks.

I reject and put in the notes no thanks I actually think player B is better than player A.

He responds "me too"

A guy in my league sent me an offer. I get player A and he gets player B plus 2 more draft picks.I reject and put in the notes no thanks I actually think player B is better than player A.He responds "me too"
Isn't this why most trades are made? Because both sides like the other side more than the side they're giving up, for one reason or another? He was just being honest with you after you told him the trade was no dice. Unless you wanted him to keep up the polite pretense that he liked your side just as much? Obviously based on value he thought you should be adding picks to your side of the deal. That doesn't mean he can't prefer your player over his straight up.

A guy in my league sent me an offer. I get player A and he gets player B plus 2 more draft picks.I reject and put in the notes no thanks I actually think player B is better than player A.He responds "me too"
Isn't this why most trades are made? Because both sides like the other side more than the side they're giving up, for one reason or another? He was just being honest with you after you told him the trade was no dice. Unless you wanted him to keep up the polite pretense that he liked your side just as much? Obviously based on value he thought you should be adding picks to your side of the deal. That doesn't mean he can't prefer your player over his straight up.
:confused: We both agreed that my player was better than hisHe wanted me to give him the better player plus 2 picks for the lesser player

:confused: We both agreed that my player was better than hisHe wanted me to give him the better player plus 2 picks for the lesser player
Re-read my post. It makes perfect sense in the context of what you're saying. You and I both think that McFadden is better than Rice, for whatever reason. You own McFadden. I want McFadden, and want to offer Rice. But value dictates that to get Rice from me, you have to add to your side of the deal, even if we both think McFadden is better. Doesn't matter, in every league Rice is worth more. You reject it, saying "sorry, but I think McFadden is actually better than Rice, so I'm not going to throw in two picks to get a player I like less". I admit "Yeah, I think McFadden is better too." But Rice is worth more.Obviously this is an example using two players that people might not feel that way about, but you get my point.

Dynasty startup draft 2010:

I give.

I get.

I rejected it without countering and I got a message from the guy that said, "I thought you wanted to move down?" I said yes I did from 2.02 to a lower pick in the 2nd round and improving my draft position later in the draft. "He replied back, Maybe you should have been more clear! D!CK" I didn't respond because I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Dynasty startup draft 2010: I give.2.024.026.02I get.3.014.126.12I rejected it without countering and I got a message from the guy that said, "I thought you wanted to move down?" I said yes I did from 2.02 to a lower pick in the 2nd round and improving my draft position later in the draft. "He replied back, Maybe you should have been more clear! D!CK" I didn't respond because I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last night I just got this trade sent to me.

I give 1.1

I get 2.15 Early Doucet Anquan Boldin

That is ridiculous

In a league where we can start up to 4 rbs and 1 pt ppr for everyone

I give R. Bush, Colston, and my 1st rd rookie

I get RG3 and his 2nd rd rookie

In a league where we can start up to 4 rbs and 1 pt ppr for everyoneI give R. Bush, Colston, and my 1st rd rookieI get RG3 and his 2nd rd rookie
This doesn't belong in this thread.
You can't be serious. A QB that hasn't played a down in the NFL for 2 ppr studs and a 1st rd rookie? You have to start 3 rbs in this league, and can play 4. Sorry, RG3 isn't a stud yet.
Bush is not a PPR stud. You talk like this is Sproles in this deal. A younger version. Its not. I didn't say it was a fair offer. I said it doesn't belong in this thread, because its not THAT bad.

In a league where we can start up to 4 rbs and 1 pt ppr for everyoneI give R. Bush, Colston, and my 1st rd rookieI get RG3 and his 2nd rd rookie
You can't be serious. A QB that hasn't played a down in the NFL for 2 ppr studs and a 1st rd rookie? You have to start 3 rbs in this league, and can play 4. Sorry, RG3 isn't a stud yet.
Bush is not a PPR stud. You talk like this is Sproles in this deal. A younger version. Its not. I didn't say it was a fair offer. I said it doesn't belong in this thread, because its not THAT bad.
Agree to disagree. In this league Bush is a stud........at least he was last year. Three years ago he was the #1 player by a wide margin for weeks before a season ending injury. I am definitely wanting to upgrade my QBs in this league as I have Fitzpatrick and Cassell with Kaepernick and Osweiller on my taxi. But, that offer is horrible for this type of league. Would definitely make that deal for a more proven QB. Too much risk involved for an unproven rookie.

Agree to disagree. In this league Bush is a stud........at least he was last year. Three years ago he was the #1 player by a wide margin for weeks before a season ending injury. I am definitely wanting to upgrade my QBs in this league as I have Fitzpatrick and Cassell with Kaepernick and Osweiller on my taxi. But, that offer is horrible for this type of league. Would definitely make that deal for a more proven QB. Too much risk involved for an unproven rookie.
:lmao: Come on. I wouldn't accept it, personally, but it isn't that bad. Certainly a starting point for negotiations.

I get HORRIBLE offers daily in my 20 team dynasty. 1.1 and 1.2 for Brady ?
Honestly, if my team outside of Brady wasn't very good, I might take that and grab both QBs, or at least grab Luck and Richardson perhaps.
Heh, I thought he meant it was bad the other way...someone wanted him to pay the 1.1 and 1.2 for Brady. 1.1 and 1.2 are worth more than Brady IMO.

Y'all are crazy on the RG3 trade. I gave up Dez, Donald Brown and a future 1 and 2 for him and didn't blink.

Yes this is a QB heavy league but it doesn't matter. He'll have Cam like value a year from now.

not the worst ever, but this morning I woke up to this gem

I give: David Wilson

I get: Locker

This is a startup where I took Wilson in the 5th and he took Locker in the 13th just 2 months ago. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread