What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (3 Viewers)

Whats frustrating in all of this is that there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets what. I just wish they would get their #### together so we wouldnt have to go through this each and every year.

Whats frustrating in all of this is that there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets what. I just wish they would get their #### together so we wouldnt have to go through this each and every year.
There is a method behind it. They don't give one person more than another because they are more crafty on the phone. It depends on how much money they are making off of you. If you have a more expensive package with many receivers, they can offer you more. Now doing your homework by knowing what the competition offers and being determined to get them to believe you want to cancel helps, because they do not want to lose a customer. But be careful as I have a friend who did this and they made him offers, he did not accept and then they basically said "well, we're sorry to see you go, I will cancel your service right now". So my advice is to not accept the first offer, keep asking for more and then when you get their final offer, just say you have to talk it over with your wife. I usually call back 2-3 times and get better deals than their initial offer.

Also if you are under contract they automatically will not offer you the same as people who are not under contract. The people not under contract really have the hammer because they can walk away without paying an early termination fee.

My contract expires 7/30, I can't wait to call!

Called last night. When I got to the 1st person, I just told them that "I get really stressed every year when the Sunday ticket shows up on my bill and that pretty much the only reason I keep DTV is because of it. It just might be time for me to finally dump the service." She transfers me to another lady who has a very thick accent and so I comment on it and make some small chit chat trying to charm as best I can (I've had a couple of glasses of wine and my wife said I was laying it on pretty heavy trying to charm her). I give her the same line and she says hold on a minute. She comes back and asks me a few random questions. I then ask her about my bill and why I have this fee and that fee and how all that adds up. She puts me on hold again and comes back with this offer:

Sunday Ticket Max - $75

-$20 for 12 months

-$15 for 15 months

-$3 lifetime

I know others have done better and I am still paying for the ticket but I don't mind. I think they understand that people like me keep their service mostly because of the ticket and use it as a carrot to keep us.

Sound to me they have their #### together. They are rewarding loyal customers, to keep their business, that are taking the time to call in with discounts that they have zero responsibility in giving out. Why should they give a standard discount for anyone to receive on a product that they pay $1 BILLION a year for? If you dont want to go through this each and every year then you have 2 options; Pay the fee or cancel the service.

Called yesterday. Told the first girl I spoke to that I wanted to cancel my subscription. She asked why. I told her my bill was too high and that my equipment was kinda dated. I told her about the $49/month deal at Dish and that we have HD DVRs, but can only record two shows at a time or watch one/record one at a time. She asked if we enjoy our premium channels. I said yes.

So, she offered:

$20 off the premium channels for 6 months

$10 off HD programming for 12 months

$15 off my bill for 15 months

Free Genie

Free Whole Home DVR

I said that sounded better, but I'd also like something to make me happy as lowering my bill is what my wife wanted. I inquired about Sunday Ticket. She said she could make it 50% off. I said that wasn't good enough for me. She said she couldn't do any more than that, so I said to notate my account and I'd call back. I called back 45 minutes later and told the gentleman that I had just called to cancel, was made an offer, and I still want to cancel. He asked if there was anything he could do.

He offered:

Same as above, but Sunday Ticket plus RZ completely free and free installation on the Genie.

I happily accepted.

He kept saying "I want to take care of the customers that take care of us". I thought that was worth mentioning. Super nice guy. FWIW, I've been a DTV customer for 7 years and never been late on my bill. My bill also hovers around $140/month.

I hear you but there is a part of me that just despises having to call up and threaten to cancel.
FWIW, I did not threaten to cancel. In fact, I was completely honest with the guy. I said:

"I'll be honest, I actually really enjoy my Directv service and don't want to cancel. I'm just hoping you can help me get Sunday Ticket for free and save me some money on my monthly statement."

He was thankful that I was honest and direct with him, the call took all of 3 minutes and I got Sunday Ticket MAX for free, the $100 Visa gift card and Encore./Starz free for 6 months. Not as much as some others on here, I admit, but really I just wanted the Ticket. And, as I mentioned above, he told me to call back in a month or so and ask for a monthly discount which I sincerely appreciated. Will be interesting to see how it works.

The point here being, you don't necessarily have to play the "I'm gonna cancel!" threat game.

When I called last year I had a few weeks left on my contract and received the following deal:

Final deal: $100 off regular Sunday Ticket, $30 off monthly bill for 12 months, Showtime free for 1 year. Didn't require any extension on my contract.

Last night I made my annual call, was put on hold for 20 - 25 minutes. First rep I talked to was an idiot, actually downgraded my service even though he never asked if that was what I wanted. I told him that my current bill was about $130/mth. and that with my monthly installment of $38 for Sunday Ticket plus $30 in monthly credits that were about to expire I was looking at a monthly cost of around $200, which I couldn't afford. Right away he started talking about cutting down from the Choice Extra package, removing ST, etc. I told him I wasn't interested in reducing service and that I was looking for some way to save money on the services I already receive. He said he could give me our HBO/Cinemax/Sports Package for free for 6 months. I told him if that was the only way he could save me money I'd be better off canceling service and going to Verizon FIOS TV since we already have Verizon internet. Then I asked if I could speak to someone who could offer a better deal and he said that was the best that they could offer. I repeated that the offer wasn't good enough and he finally offered to connect me to customer retention.

I get a customer retention rep and the 1st thing she asks is if I had authorized anyone to reduce my level of service since it had been downgraded from Choice Extra. I told her no, I was discussing options with a previous rep but had never authorized any changes, so she reset everything back to normal. Then she asks if I plan to renew Sunday Ticket and I tell her only if I can get a bargain because our bill is about to go up by almost $70/mth. She asks a few questions about why we watch the Ticket, what is the best feature of the Ticket, etc. After our chat, she offers ST + Redzone channel for free if I agree to a new 1 year contract, plus $40 off the monthly bill for 6 months, then $20 off the monthly bill for months 7 - 15. Also suggests that if I call back when credits expire in 6 months I can probably get some more credits tacked on. I ask about extending free Showtime and she says we can't do anything about that until the previous Showtime offer ends on Aug. 2nd.

Looks like I'll be making another call in about a week and then again in 6 months.

Called and did the dance. I have a pretty basic DTV package, no premium channels.

Got Sunday Ticket Max for $148 total

Got $25 off my bill x 12 months = $300 off my bill for the year

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Free Sunday Ticket Max + $152 credit for the year.

:)

Called and did the dance. I have a pretty basic DTV package, no premium channels.

Got Sunday Ticket Max for $148 total

Got $25 off my bill x 12 months = $300 off my bill for the year

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Free Sunday Ticket Max + $152 credit for the year.

:)
Can't you get this for $75 on the website?

Anyone try this yet when you get to the customer retention dept?

"all you have that keeps me here is the Sunday NFL Ticket. Either you give it to me for free or I will cancel at the end of the football season and you get nothing the rest of the year."

Since it's true.

Anyone try this yet when you get to the customer retention dept?

"all you have that keeps me here is the Sunday NFL Ticket. Either you give it to me for free or I will cancel at the end of the football season and you get nothing the rest of the year."

Since it's true.
They would love for you to do that. They will give you that in a second and nothing else. The rest of us here are getting that plus several dollars off our bill each month and free movie channels.

Made the call about an hour ago, specifics are in FFA thread.

$30 off for 12 months

Free Sunday Ticket

Free Red Zone

Had to re-up for a year.

Went through the process just like I do each summer. About 30 minutes on the phone. Played the card of going internet only or switching to dish. Started with some schmuck who offered me a reduced price on the ticket. I kept turning it down -- basically chump change she was offering. After referring me to the retention dept, and talking to Bob -- who was awesome -- ended up with the following:

Free Ticket MAx (1 year commitment required)

$15 off/month for 15 months

2 free months all premium channels and sportspack

free upgrade to Genie (2 year commitment required)

I think the Genie one might be applicable to anyone.

I was ok with the 2 year commitment to upgrade to Genie -- no cable or faster internet than basic DSL at our house so I wont be leaving DTV anytime soon.. might hurt me next year when I make the same call but oh well.

I've been a customer since 2002 (Ticket every year but one) and I have 9 receivers. So I've got some leverage.

Called for the first time ever today.I have.had ticket for 10 years. Said I wanted to cancel direct tv because I only keep it for nfl sunday ticket. My parents are new customers and get it for free. I'd rather spend Sundays there and get dish network and save close to a $100 a month. Right away, I was offered free NFl Sunday ticket, $20 off for 12 months, and $15 off for 15 months. Lowering my payment by $35 a month along with free ticket was too much for me to gamble saying no to. I took it and am a happy camper. Thanks to this forum for the advice.

I got a real winner. Called and went through the bill was too high, etc. Never offered a damn thing. I ended up cancelling. Will probably re-subscribe later.

I have been with DirecTV since 1995.

Last edited by a moderator:
$15 off for 12 months

$10 off for 6 months

Free RedZone (no Ticket)

Got about what I wanted. Didn't really care about the Ticket too much, just wanted to drive the bill lower. RedZone and BeIn sports are essential.

Did the call for the first time a couple of hours ago.

Free ST Max

$20 off for 12 months

$15 off for 15 months

$10 off for 12 months

$3 off for 12 months

Our contract expired a couple of weeks ago. Re-upped for one year. Pushed for Genie but they wouldn't budge on that. We have the Choice extra tier - no premium channels, nothing fancy.

Denver724 said:
I got a real winner. Called and went through the bill was too high, etc. Never offered a damn thing. I ended up cancelling. Will probably re-subscribe later.

I have been with DirecTV since 1995.
People - if you don't like what they're offering, and it gets to the point of actually cancelling, just say you'll let the wife know and you'll call back. Then call back and you'll get a different rep.They have deals for the asking, especially for longtime customers with good payment history. I've been w/DTV for 13 of the last 14 years, and the rep referred to me as a VIP customer, and said she had a few options to help me get my bill down and keep me happy as a customer. That's what they're trained to do. If a rep isn't offering anything, just call back and get a different rep.

Above all, be nice and don't demand anything. Make a little small talk and make them laugh. My last rep and I chatted about weather, football, and So Cal (where we are both from) before we started getting down to brass tax...she was very personable and nice, and offered discounts and freebies without me even asking. Just make them feel like you appreciate what they are doing for you, and it will be a quick and hassle free call. Mine was actually enjoyable.

Good luck!

Agreed. This guy was something else. Didn't press him at all. Just no interest in giving me a better deal. I called his bluff and it wasn't a bluff.

I am not that worried about it. I just cancelled ST. Not DTV. I will call back and see if I can renew at a better price.

I called back. Below is what I received.

$20 off bill for 12 months

$10 off bill for 6 months

Ticket for $150

Satisfied.

Agreed. This guy was something else. Didn't press him at all. Just no interest in giving me a better deal. I called his bluff and it wasn't a bluff.

I am not that worried about it. I just cancelled ST. Not DTV. I will call back and see if I can renew at a better price.
I've been told by a buddy of mine....and I'm not sure the validity as I've never tried, but if you use a different phone number (cell, wife's cell, whatever) they will treat you as a new customer. Apparently your account is tied to a phone number, not an address or necessarily your name. Being a new customer, you'll get all the new bells and whistles as well as free Sunday Ticket. Good luck.

Just called, currently under contract, already have several credits so knew there was little they would offer. Best deal was $150 for Sunday Ticket. I brought up the Amazon $100 Madden purchase that gets you free ST and he agreed that was the better deal at this time. Said (and most of us know this) the closer we get to the season the better the deals will be. So nothing done at this time.
Just making sure I get this right... I pre-order Madden and I get ST streaming on my computer without paying some extra premium? $100 gets me the games I want and I can resell the Madden when I'm done? I am seeing precisely zero downside, making me think there's a catch somewhere that I'm missing....
No catch. But if you look I called back about 2 weeks later and ended up getting ST Max for FREE. Just keep trying. The Madden thing is a worst case scenario but I wouldn't settle for that.
But I'm not a DirecTV subscriber as it is. I already ragequit cable and am going the Netflix/Hulu route. NFL is the only downside to this equation, but if I can get my football (even more football than I could get previously) in addition without having to pay for the Oxygen Channel as well, I'm in.
So, I read the fine print on Amazon, and it looks like there is a catch that people weren't talking about on this. Here's what I got:

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
So since I'm not a DirecTV subscriber but -can- get it if I wanted, then I guess I end up with option 1. That seems fairly unappealing to me. I don't want to subscribe to a service as I'm happy with just going the Netflix/Hulu route. (Plus, Magnum P I is so old it's new again.) So is there a way to fake it so I get option #3? Or should I just go with the Verizon package on my phone and forget the DirecTV angle?

You just tell them you're unable to get Directv where you're located..... (if you even have to call them)

I was a D-TV customer less than a year ago & got Amazon deal. Just tell them you're homeless or live in a complex unable to get DTV.

So since I'm not a DirecTV subscriber but -can- get it if I wanted, then I guess I end up with option 1. That seems fairly unappealing to me. I don't want to subscribe to a service as I'm happy with just going the Netflix/Hulu route. (Plus, Magnum P I is so old it's new again.) So is there a way to fake it so I get option #3? Or should I just go with the Verizon package on my phone and forget the DirecTV angle?
Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

My understanding is a unique code comes in the Madden 25 game box, and that code can be redeemed to access NFL Sunday Ticket on PC. I don't think you need to tell Direct TV anything. Should just be able to enter your code online and get access to NFL Sunday Ticket that easily.

After fulfilling my contract with Directv, I decided yesterday to build an HTPC and switch over to Fios or Cablevision. I could give my brother fifty bucks and connect my computer to my main tv for Sunday ticket. Rather than spend just $108 for Directv only, I went to Cablevision and Redzone and did the triple Play for $92 including taxes. My installation was set for Thursday. Directv dangled some stuff for free but they knew I was serious and I simply walked away.

Today I received a call from directv offering a ridiculous deal. The woman told me I would get the same exact programming for $61, all in, a month. Plus, she would give me free SundayTicket Max. I was shocked to say the least because I didn't initiate anything. She then said if I stuck with autopay she would knock another 10 off, bringing me to $51 a month plus free Sunday ticket. I also did not have to extend a contract so I accepted and put off the HTPC for another year. No brainer here for fifty bucks a month. I might still build an HTPC anyway...

So after being motivated by this thread I called in regarding a roughly $80 bill a month. the first lady was pretty dull and wouldn't budge with Sunday ticket but did offer to reduce the bill by $20 per month.

I then called back and went with a harder sell but in a nice tone and I said that DTV was the only show in town but a cable company had just come out to the area which is quite remote (true story). The lady on the phone couldn't do anything but forwarded me to someone as she understood the problem. Then with the next guy I said that cable was offering a $40 a month bill which they were. The guy offered $15 off a month plus the movie channels for 2 months. I asked if he could throw in the Red Zone channel or the Sunday ticket and he said that he could give it to me for free with a 12 month contract extension.

I called customer retention to cancel my ST renewal. I asked what they can do and they gave it to me for free with a 1 year contract renewal.

Just finished my annual DTV barter

30$ off for 12 mo.

Stars and Shotime for 3 mo.

Genie upgrade

99$ for ST super thingy with the RZ and mobile whatever.

Basically they offered me either RZ or ST free, but not both, unless I signed a 24 month. Didn't want to push the envelope as they're giving me $360 off my yearly bill.

$20 off for 12 months

$10 off for 24 months

$25 one-time credit

free Sunday Ticket w/12-month commitment

I pay $75 to upgrade to Max ($18.75/month for 4 months, covered by my other credits above).

Made my call yesterday.... Subscriber since '96. I needed a new receiver and with new Fiber-optic cable in the neighborhood, had an offer for $300 from AT&T to go to U-verse.

Free Genie (http://www.directv.com/technology/genie?lpos=Header:3) - $299 value to existing cutomers (has picture in picture - I can get rid of one receiver - additional $6/mo savings)

Free Genie mini - $99 value

Free Cinema Connection kit - $99 value (allows me to connect receivers to internet through DirecTV cable instead of my current method of through the electrical system (very slow)

$10/month off my Sports Pack for 6 months

$50 credit

Sunday Ticket Max for $150 (savings of $150)

Total savings plus whole house DVR which allows the wife to watch her programs in her room: $820

Had to go with 2 year commitment. Totally worth it.

I have enjoyed this dumb game for years but last year they decided they wouldn't budge for me...many many calls were made and yes it was with customer retention department. Finally told them I would pay full price in 2012 if they insisted but after season I would pull the plug entirely ($1400/yr) and they didn't budge yet again.

Football ended and when I went to cancel, I was told I could "suspend" my account for up to 6 months bringing me to August where I could see what offers I could get. Fine.

After not having a bill for 6 months and not missing television (have netflix for $8) I just called to see if they had a magic offer but knew they werent gonna do a ST stand alone thing.

She offered ST at full price (299.99) which would have been fine with me but I would need to have a 29.99/mo plan to go with it for something I don't care about.

Cancelled Dtv account after all these years and actually feel great. What a ridiculous business plan it is to treat existing customers the way they do in regards to this stuff. haha

You should have just cancelled after last football season.Then re-subscribed as a 'new customer' now. Worked fine for me 3-4 years ago.

I've since cancelled D-TV entirely as well because I never watched TV outside the Ticket. Wasn't worth the service even getting Ticket for year or $100/yr.

I'd point folks that have no desire for cable in the direction of the Amazon Madden video game deal ($100 gets you Sunday Ticket Online. Sell the game for $50 and you got the ticket for $50). Might be a 1 year sort of thing, but there's bound to deal more online NFL Ticket/RedZone deals that pop up in the future.

I'd point folks that have no desire for cable in the direction of the Amazon Madden video game deal ($100 gets you Sunday Ticket Online. Sell the game for $50 and you got the ticket for $50). Might be a 1 year sort of thing, but there's bound to deal more online NFL Ticket/RedZone deals that pop up in the future.
I read the fine print that they only give you the online version if you can't get DirecTV. So what do you do....? Lie and say you live in an apartment? Or is that just sort of a wink-and-a-nod type of thing?

I don't believe you have to have any interaction with them.

Their not going to do 20 questions with you IF you have to. (So yeah just make up you live in somewhere that you can't get DTV)

Worst case, you send deal back to Amazon for the $100 :shrug:

Made my call yesterday.... Subscriber since '96. I needed a new receiver and with new Fiber-optic cable in the neighborhood, had an offer for $300 from AT&T to go to U-verse.

Free Genie (http://www.directv.com/technology/genie?lpos=Header:3) - $299 value to existing cutomers (has picture in picture - I can get rid of one receiver - additional $6/mo savings)

Free Genie mini - $99 value

Free Cinema Connection kit - $99 value (allows me to connect receivers to internet through DirecTV cable instead of my current method of through the electrical system (very slow)

$10/month off my Sports Pack for 6 months

$50 credit

Sunday Ticket Max for $150 (savings of $150)

Total savings plus whole house DVR which allows the wife to watch her programs in her room: $820

Had to go with 2 year commitment. Totally worth it.
I am one month outside of contract expiry which affected my deal...but I set it up such that I didnt extend so I could call back next month and ask for more.

Grand total of $35 off my services

Free ST Max

No extensions

Customer since 2001....called and simply mentioned I don't really want to leave, but the Dish IPad promotion is just too compelling to pass up unless they can help me on the bill. They immediately pulled up what they could offer to keep me a customer and offered:

$15/month off for 15 months

$10/month off for 24 months

I said I appreciated that, but mentioned that I know new customers get the Sunday Ticket and if she could get that added, I'd have no reason to leave and she agreed. There is a 12 month commitment with $10/month early termination penalty if I leave prior to 12 months, so if I leave after 6 months I'd pay a $60 charge. Felt pretty good about it.

Just made my yearly call. I have a whole year left on my "contract" from when I got free stuff last year. I told the operator straight up I want two things, if you can give them to me I am staying with Directv. Sunday Ticket Max, and a Genie upgrade. She started by giving me the standard Ticket for free and saying I would need to pay the Max package upgrade of $75 split up over 4 months. Keep talking I say. She says she can give me the Genie receiver for free, but I have to pay the $49 installation fee. I told her I don't want to pay anything for it because Dish Network would give me a Hopper for free and throw in an iPad 2. So she then managed to "find" another promotion that gives me $15 off for 12 months, which is $180. I was only paying $124 for the upgrades, so they basically gave me $56. I do have to start a new 2 year contract because I am getting new equipment, but so what I was already under contract and they gave me free stuff.

All said and done I got:

Sunday Ticket Base Package Free

Max Upgrade $75

Genie Receiver Free

$49 installation fee

$15 off for 12 months.

So Free Sunday Ticket Max, Free Genie upgrade, and $56 off my account.

See ya next year.

I've been told by a buddy of mine....and I'm not sure the validity as I've never tried, but if you use a different phone number (cell, wife's cell, whatever) they will treat you as a new customer. Apparently your account is tied to a phone number, not an address or necessarily your name. Being a new customer, you'll get all the new bells and whistles as well as free Sunday Ticket. Good luck.
This works. Supply them with a new number (google Voice is your friend) and a new email and you're in. Its kind of funny because they typically ask for a credit card these days to try to get you into the direct pay system (and they will give you $10 off/month for that too), but somehow they never cross check that card address?

I've been with Directv for the SUnday ticket for something like 9 years now and have paid for it once (1st year). There are 100 ways to skin the cat on this one.

Made the annual call this morning. Got a nice girl on the phone and let her know about the Dish deal with giving away a free iPad. I said I would like to stay with Directv but a free iPad was tempting. She was going to check to see what she could do for me. After going back and fourth a couple times and with checking with her manager, this is what I got:

ST with Max for $40

Genie receiver for free

$53.97 credit for HBO for 3 months. Since Hard Knocks is starting tonight, I wanted to make sure I worked in HBO for a short time

Showtime for free for 3 months

I did have to agree to a 2 yr commitment because of the genie. I didn't like that to much, but I've been a customer since 2002 so I'm not going anywhere. Just hope it doesn't jeopardize ST for next year.

I read the fine print that they only give you the online version if you can't get DirecTV. So what do you do....? Lie and say you live in an apartment? Or is that just sort of a wink-and-a-nod type of thing?
You tell them your HOA is a pain in the A$$ and doesn't allow satelites, poles in odd places, etc. They won't fight you. Of course, if you DO live in an apartment, its pretty easy to claim that your unit doesn't have the south-face needed.

Thanks to an article on Deadspin I am taking advantage of the Sunday ticket with the Madden 25th anniversary edition. Does anyone know if I were to put a different zip code if I would be able to watch blacked out games?

Okay... last question:

Does anyone have the Verizon package? You have to watch on your phone, but is it something where you can pick whatever game you want on your phone? Or do you pick a team and get all their games? Or do you just get whatever game the service deems to give you?

The last bit I need to know in order to finally bite the bullet and get my football upgrade.

I recently (May) moved to a new home and decided against cable in any form. The last 6 years I had NFL Sunday ticket and obviously loved it. All summer I've been trying to plan for football season without ordering DirecTV. SO, this Madden 25 deal seems like the best case scenario for me and I have Apple TV. However, my question for anyone who knows - will I be able to "mirror" the NFL Sunday Ticket?

For those of you who don't know what "mirroring" is. With Apple TV, I can "mirror" anything that is on my computer to my TV. It's a function of Apple TV. Basically, I select the "Apple TV" icon on my computer and whatever is displayed on my computer (this post for instance) will be projected onto my plasma TV in HD quality. But I'm wondering if DirecTV will implement some sort of "block" that does not allow mirroring. I don't see why they would but it is a concern of mine before I decide to purchase the new Madden. I mean, why should they care whether I'm watching games from my computer or projecting from computer to TV. It's not like I"m dodging service since I will be accessing NFLST via legal means (Madden 25).

I've searched all over the web and I haven't seen this issue addressed. So I'm wondering if any FBGers know the answer.

I recently (May) moved to a new home and decided against cable in any form. The last 6 years I had NFL Sunday ticket and obviously loved it. All summer I've been trying to plan for football season without ordering DirecTV. SO, this Madden 25 deal seems like the best case scenario for me and I have Apple TV. However, my question for anyone who knows - will I be able to "mirror" the NFL Sunday Ticket?

For those of you who don't know what "mirroring" is. With Apple TV, I can "mirror" anything that is on my computer to my TV. It's a function of Apple TV. Basically, I select the "Apple TV" icon on my computer and whatever is displayed on my computer (this post for instance) will be projected onto my plasma TV in HD quality. But I'm wondering if DirecTV will implement some sort of "block" that does not allow mirroring. I don't see why they would but it is a concern of mine before I decide to purchase the new Madden. I mean, why should they care whether I'm watching games from my computer or projecting from computer to TV. It's not like I"m dodging service since I will be accessing NFLST via legal means (Madden 25).

I've searched all over the web and I haven't seen this issue addressed. So I'm wondering if any FBGers know the answer.
I don't know much of the technical details about how Apple TV works, or exactly how the online Madden streaming of Sunday Ticket will work, but I highly doubt you will have to worry about it being blocked. If DTV has some sort of separate application you have to install to watch online, then maybe, but I doubt that is the case. It's probably a pretty standard online stream.

Made my call an hour ago. Asked them how much I'd have to pay if I was to leave before my 2yr agreement? (I already knew it was $20 a month) I was asked why I wanted to know? I stated that Dish would pay the remaining balance plus I'd have the hopper, a lower monthly payment, the redzone channel and the Ipad 2.

I received:

Sunday Ticket: free

Genie whole home dvr: free

Install: free

$20 off my bill for 12 months:

Not too bad. I didn't want to push much more plus I'm happy with this.

Users who are viewing this thread