What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

Why is everyone so down on Eickhoff anyway?

8 starts last year. 2.65 ERA, 1.039 WHIP, 8.6 K/9

2 starts this year. 1.50 ERA, 0.917 WHIP, 9.0 K/9

I mean, I know it is only 10 starts, but in only one of those starts did he stink up the joint. 

Eickoff? 
Eickhoff is interesting, but...it was the Padres.  Deep league speculative add, but in others - just the watch list for now.

Either way I'm just happy to click this thread and not see whether Mazara was drafted or not and your league being dumb being the discussion topic.

I mean, I know it is only 10 starts, but in only one of those starts did he stink up the joint. 
Drafted with confidence!

I started Puig, Joc pederson and Grichuk as my week 1 outfield.  Benched Grichuk this week.  Now Grichuk is forcing me to plug him right back for week 3.

I grabbed him in BTTF. The suckiness of the Phillies makes me less excited in any format where wins matter.

I nearly took him. Pretty much a coin flip at the time. You're acting like it's absurd he would have been drafted. 
There were only like 3-4 players taken in the whole draft who were clearly slated to begin the season in the minor leagues, so yeah, I do consider it absurd to take a guy that many considered the 3rd best OF option in the minors on a team that needed an injury to even get a look.

On another note, man the Rangers really have an embarrassment of riches in the OF in the minors and that's even after trading away Nick Williams.

Nationals are 7-1.  Why would they rush him up?
They're probably not going to maintain a 2.22 team ERA all year whereas their offense may be terrible.  The good start will buy some time to see if Taylor, Werth, and Espinosa start to turn things around, but them getting off to a poor start is not a huge surprise so there's a good chance it maintains.

They're good enough without him now, to let him keep getting full time work in CUSE..  An injury to pretty much anybody in the infield should get him up 

Any rumblings that Trea Turner is on his way up soon?
Matter of time. He is ripping in the minors and Espinosa is garbage at the dish. Sooner rather than later for sure, Turner's time will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
JZilla said:
At this point I just figure Espinosa has dirt on someone in the Lerner family
Take a look at their schedule.  They could run Honus Wagner's corpse out there at short and still be over .500 this month.

who would you hold on to between Gattis and Park in roto 5x5?  Had Gattis on DL, but now he's off, and they both basically fulfill the same role on my team (bench bat for power only in UTIL).  Park because he actually has a position as well and possible upside, or Gattis for known floor?

who would you hold on to between Gattis and Park in roto 5x5?  Had Gattis on DL, but now he's off, and they both basically fulfill the same role on my team (bench bat for power only in UTIL).  Park because he actually has a position as well and possible upside, or Gattis for known floor?
I'd go upside with Park, especially if they're just bench options for you.

I'd go upside with Park, especially if they're just bench options for you.
Hmm, rotowire says:  The Astros have been trying him back out at catcher of late, so he could gain eligibility there in the near future if manager A.J Hinch opts to plug him in behind the plate in place of Jason Castro.

So now maybe I should hold until necessary to see if C eligibility could actually happen.

Any reason at all to hold out hope for Shelby Miller?  In a league heavily weighted towards starting pitching, him and Archer have destroyed me.

There were only like 3-4 players taken in the whole draft who were clearly slated to begin the season in the minor leagues, so yeah, I do consider it absurd to take a guy that many considered the 3rd best OF option in the minors on a team that needed an injury to even get a look.

On another note, man the Rangers really have an embarrassment of riches in the OF in the minors and that's even after trading away Nick Williams.
But Hamilton will get first call once he's cleared to play another couple of weeks

Archer is definitely a keeper though.
Definitely not dropping Archer.  I'm in a league that rewards quality starts and I didn't realize that Archer didn't typically go very deep into games last year.  Anyways I'm the new player in a keepers league so I was picking from scraps to start with and then my commish screwed me further by making me draft last every round.

Cutting Alex Gordon loose today (and my OF sucks). SwSt rate through the roof so far this year. Surely, he'll bounceback some, but he doesn't have the sort of upside anymore justify hanging to possibly see him start a sharp decline in his age 32 season. Never loved him in his prime (he was just cheap at the auction this year). 

Definitely not dropping Archer.  I'm in a league that rewards quality starts and I didn't realize that Archer didn't typically go very deep into games last year.  Anyways I'm the new player in a keepers league so I was picking from scraps to start with and then my commish screwed me further by making me draft last every round.
Archer pitched 6 innings or more in 25 of his 34 starts last year.  4 of the 9 that were under 6 came in his last 5 starts.  He still ended up with 212 IP, so I think they were just trying to conserve him at the end of the year.  He was 13th in MLB in innings pitched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archer pitched 6 innings or more in 25 of his 34 starts last year.  4 of the 9 that were under 6 came in his last 5 starts.  He still ended up with 212 IP, so I think they were just trying to conserve him at the end of the year.  He was 13th in MLB in innings pitched.
Yeah I was looking more at his numbers towards the end of last year and that's what concerned me.  However, you're right that perhaps they were just conserving him.  Still, the trend of how he performed near the end of last year and his few starts this year is concerning me a little.

fred_1_15301 said:
Yeah I was looking more at his numbers towards the end of last year and that's what concerned me.  However, you're right that perhaps they were just conserving him.  Still, the trend of how he performed near the end of last year and his few starts this year is concerning me a little.
It's still a small sample, but interestingly, he has not thrown a four-seam fastball this year, and threw it 10.6% of the time last year.  They have been replaced with all two-seamers.  In four of his 5 last starts last year, he was 2% or less on four-seamers.  Now, he definitely had a lot of variance in how frequently he threw that two-seamer in games across last year, so it could certainly mean nothing.  Also his fastball velocity is down a tick.  Still getting plenty of swings and misses, but a little more wild.  I suppose that pitch mix, velocity and control would be something to watch going forward.

Erasmo Ramirez is back in rotation. Solid pickup if he was dropped after being in bullpen for first few weeks.
Just this week after the spot the other day. Goes back to the pen till late-May after that. Should be in the rotation for good at that point unless they decide to promote Snell 

Nationals are 7-1.  Why would they rush him up?
Nationals SS prospect Trea Turner contributed three hits including a two-run homer Saturday in a win for Triple-A Syracuse.

He finished a triple shy of the cycle. Saturday marked Turner's second consecutive three-hit game and his third of the season. The 22-year-old leads the International League in both OPS (1.314) and batting average (.500) and is second in runs (9) and stolen bases (4). It's going to be hard for the Nationals to justify keeping him in the minor leagues if he continues his torrid pace.

Users who are viewing this thread