What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

If nobody has Billy Hamilton stashed, he's been called up.
starting him championship week in my head to head points league. It was him, villar who stopped running, or Franklin who hasn't been the same since hurting his knee. Just steal four bases and score a couple of runs and we're cool billy.

cody asche...anything to see here? he's available in my league and i have too many dodgers and mattingly is starting to rest them.

DA RAIDERS said:
cody asche...anything to see here? he's available in my league and i have too many dodgers and mattingly is starting to rest them.
What you see is what you're going to get - good avg, few homers, few steals.

Would you start either Matt Adams or Mitch Moreland (doubtful) ROS over Carlos Gomez?

Adams does have 4 @Coors this week.

Just an FYI, if you're in a keeper league, I suggest you jump on Orioles pitcher Kevin Gausman right now. 22 years old, 2012 first round pick, now in the bullpen and doing very well, seems to be a lock for the starting rotation next year. He struggled as a starter early in the season, got sent down, and is now pitching great.

Jim Palmer is a part-time Orioles analyst and he falls all over himself every time he sees Gausman pitch - high 90s with a very natural, easy arm action. Now Showalter is bringing him in to pitch key situations with the playoffs on the line.

Last night he pitched two perfect innings in a tie game at Fenway, striking out 5 batters. The final one was on a 98 mph two-seamer that just disappeared away from the left-handed batter. He's the best looking Orioles pitcher I've seen since maybe the early days of Arthur Rhodes, but already has better command.

Is Mariano shut down for the last two games (at least from pitching)? I'm hanging on to a 2 pt. lead in a roto league and am behind .001 in WHIP (my starts are all used up) and need to know whether to leave him in or pick someone else up. Any relievers sure to see action?

Kyle Gibson worth a bench spot?
gotta be a crazy deep league. K's aren't there, walks are, he gave up a lot of solid contact in a short stint last year, and even if he pitches well the wins won't be there. Long term potential is still there as this is his first full year off TJ, but he has to show something to me before I consider adding him. Too many types like him I can trust more now on teams that may actually win.

Not sure where to ask this but an offer came my way and I'm clueless about it. It's 15 team league, don't count rbi or runs. My 1B is D. Murphy and I have weak SP's but I'm mostly just looking at value.

Would you take this? Was offered:

B.Butler and AJ Burnett (or it could be Griffin)

for

S.Marte

Just value wise, is this a good or terrible deal?

Thank you.

Not sure where to ask this but an offer came my way and I'm clueless about it. It's 15 team league, don't count rbi or runs. My 1B is D. Murphy and I have weak SP's but I'm mostly just looking at value.

for

S.Marte

Thank you.
i would think butler loses a lot of value in a league that doesn't do counting stats. I like it in a regular league though. With Burnett.

for

S.Marte

Thank you.
i would think butler loses a lot of value in a league that doesn't do counting stats. I like it in a regular league though. With Burnett.
Yeah, we just do avg, HR's, SB's, total bases and OBP. I think they try to take the team aspect out. So it's a doable trade?

for

S.Marte

Thank you.
Yeah, we just do avg, HR's, SB's, total bases and OBP. I think they try to take the team aspect out. So it's a doable trade?
Kind of an odd format. You'd be giving up a lot of SBs so a lot depends on how well you're positioned in that category w/out Marte. Are there keepers?

for

S.Marte

Thank you.
Kind of an odd format. You'd be giving up a lot of SBs so a lot depends on how well you're positioned in that category w/out Marte. Are there keepers?

for

S.Marte

Thank you.
No. And the rest of my team is

CarGo

Tulo

Longoria

Marte

A.Hill

McCann

Soriano

Arenado

D.Murphy

B.Miller

And P's are even worse

S.Miller

Ryu

Uehara

L.Lynn

Mujica

And that's it basically. I really messed up this draft.

Mr. Peterson said:

CarGo

Tulo

Longoria

Marte

A.Hill

McCann

Soriano

Arenado

D.Murphy

B.Miller

And P's are even worse

S.Miller

Ryu

Uehara

L.Lynn

Mujica

Probably keep Marte. What SP is on the wire? What categories are used for pitching?

CarGo

Tulo

Longoria

Marte

A.Hill

McCann

Soriano

Arenado

D.Murphy

B.Miller

And P's are even worse

S.Miller

Ryu

Uehara

L.Lynn

Mujica

Probably keep Marte. What SP is on the wire? What categories are used for pitching?
I believe pitching is normal categories. And with 15 teams, options are limited on the wire. Niese, Wandy Rodriguez, Locke. That's about it.

But thinking of trading Brad Miller while his value is hot. Is Wheeler or Pineda worth him? (I have Tulo at SS)

Already offered a trade in a 12 team 5x5obp league. I kinda gotta do this one right? No way Hawkins holds onto that job right?

I get: Leonys Martin

I give: Latroy Hawkins

I'm currently stuck starting 2 of Ruggiano / Byrd / Chris Johnson in my starting lineup. I already have 3 closers in Romo/Papelbon/Axford

Last edited by a moderator:
Already offered a trade in a 12 team 5x5obp league. I kinda gotta do this one right? No way Hawkins holds onto that job right?

I get: Leonys Martin

I give: Latroy Hawkins

I'm currently stuck starting 2 of Ruggiano / Byrd / Chris Johnson in my starting lineup. I already have 3 closers in Romo/Papelbon/Axford
yes, do it quick

CarGo

Tulo

Longoria

Marte

A.Hill

McCann

Soriano

Arenado

D.Murphy

B.Miller

And P's are even worse

S.Miller

Ryu

Uehara

L.Lynn

Mujica

I believe pitching is normal categories. And with 15 teams, options are limited on the wire. Niese, Wandy Rodriguez, Locke. That's about it.

But thinking of trading Brad Miller while his value is hot. Is Wheeler or Pineda worth him? (I have Tulo at SS)
Yes, I would take a shot on a pitcher like that for Miller. Off the top of my head any of these guys on the wire - Kyle Gibson, Hutchinson, Morrow, Vogelsong? Wouldn't trade for them though.

Users who are viewing this thread