What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

Cutting in 12 team dynasty here. That's where I am at with it. I don't really need him anyways but would have liked to flip him, got greedy and waited to long!

Bringing weed on a flight.

To California.

California.  

Talk about bringing sand to the beach.  Josh.....buddy.......pal.  Umm, no one's asking you to be Johnny Current Events or anything here, but ahh.....well, I don't know how to say this, but:  Weed is legal in CA.  ''Legal'' legal.  Like.....yeah, just go and get some.  

Any new news today? I know it looks like he's done for good or at least for this season but, without knowing much more, I think it's a mistake just outright drop him. 

I had put him on the trade block in all my leagues 2 days ago trying to find something worthwhile as he was so close to returning.  No offers came in soon enough.  

Any new news today? I know it looks like he's done for good or at least for this season but, without knowing much more, I think it's a mistake just outright drop him. 
Sometimes you have to know when to just let go of a player. He's not likely to play in 2016. 

Short of actually dying,  I'm not sure how much more drop-worthy he can be. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with hot sauce guy.  Unless you have really deep rosters his value is so low he isn't worth the roster spot.

To California.

California.  

Talk about bringing sand to the beach.  Josh.....buddy.......pal.  Umm, no one's asking you to be Johnny Current Events or anything here, but ahh.....well, I don't know how to say this, but:  Weed is legal in CA.  ''Legal'' legal.  Like.....yeah, just go and get some.  
Is it? I believe it's only legal with a medical prescription there. I think the only states where it's legal for recreational purposes are Washington and Colorado.

Your point is still valid though. I'm sure he could get it there easily.

To California.

California.  

:no:

Is it? I believe it's only legal with a medical prescription there. I think the only states where it's legal for recreations purposes are Washington and Colorado.

Your point is still valid though. I'm sure he could get it there easily.
Add Alaska and Oregon, as well as the District of Columbia, to your list.  California looks to be sooner rather than later . . .

To California.

California.  

Actually it's not legal in CA. 

You still need a medical card in CA. It is available to patients, but not recreationally. 

Recreational weed is only legal in Colorado, Oregon, Alaska and Washington (state). 

In CA it is available for medical use only, and a valid medical card is required to enter a dispensary. 

Not saying this justifies carrying a lb of pot to CA, obviously.  While not legal, it is certainly available, and with the resources of an NFL player I don't think it would be a tall order to obtain some. 

If this is true, rehab isn't going to help Gordon. He committed several felonies and broke federal law. 

Thats part of why I'm struggling with this - people who are caught by TSA with a lb of pot get turned over to law enforcement,  and subsequently arrested. Gordon would be in jail, not rehab. And so far there's nothing in the news - all sources are pointing to the original story quoted herein. Usually these things make legitimate news when they happen to anyone, and especially when they happen to a celebrity or athlete. 

I would imagine it would not be difficult for an NFL player to find weed in ANY state they happen to be visiting.  Taking it on a plane (if true) is just beyond stupid.  ** I'm typing this as I sit at my desk with my Josh Gordon jersey on.  Everyone around the office today appreciated that I wore it to "show support" for Josh.   :D

It would be nice if the Media starting flipping the script some, and Gordon jersey sales started taking off..

Sales couldnt hurt his next landing spot..

lol

Im not trying to take away from the "story"..

But I gotta figure the guys in jail if hes caught with that much dope in an airport   I dunno   its just what im figuring

Mike Garafolo 

@MikeGarafolo

Hue Jackson tells Cleveland media of Josh Gordon: "We're moving on."

11:04 AM - 30 Sep 2016

Full quote:
#Browns Hue Jackson says about Josh Gordon: "we're moving on. We need to close that chapter right now.''
#Browns Hue Jackson: 'I'm not going to answer any more questions about Josh Gordon. I'm done with it''
Look how disappointed his fantasy owners are and just imagine how pissed off guys like Hue Jackson and other guys who were counting on this guy are. No wonder Hue doesn't want to talk about it. Cleveland remained patient all this time and stayed loyal to him and this idiot went and screwed them over again. Just so he could continue smoking his weed.

Actually it's not legal in CA. 

You still need a medical card in CA. It is available to patients, but not recreationally. 

Recreational weed is only legal in Colorado, Oregon, Alaska and Washington (state). 

In CA it is available for medical use only, and a valid medical card is required to enter a dispensary. 

Not saying this justifies carrying a lb of pot to CA, obviously.  While not legal, it is certainly available, and with the resources of an NFL player I don't think it would be a tall order to obtain some. 

If this is true, rehab isn't going to help Gordon. He committed several felonies and broke federal law. 

Thats part of why I'm struggling with this - people who are caught by TSA with a lb of pot get turned over to law enforcement,  and subsequently arrested. Gordon would be in jail, not rehab. And so far there's nothing in the news - all sources are pointing to the original story quoted herein. Usually these things make legitimate news when they happen to anyone, and especially when they happen to a celebrity or athlete. 
It's basically legal. Walk into a dispensary, they'll give you a referral for a doctor. See dr, complain about a back pain or something, card issued, buy weed. No reason to bring weed to Ca unless he grew it himself and was taking part in some kind of cannabis cup and that will really suck. I mean he's not even smoking, he's just growing for the love of the sport!

Im not trying to take away from the "story"..

But I gotta figure the guys in jail if hes caught with that much dope in an airport   I dunno   its just what im figuring
That's the only part that doesn't make sense but who knows... TSA doesn't actually do any authoritatively if they find drugs. They just throw them out, confiscate them or refer the person to local authorities. Maybe his attorneys worked out a deal on the spot that he'd go to rehab if he wasn't referred to police. 

I'd have given this a :goodposting: two years ago.

Today?  :no:

Look how disappointed his fantasy owners are and just imagine how pissed off guys like Hue Jackson and other guys who were counting on this guy are. No wonder Hue doesn't want to talk about it. Cleveland remained patient all this time and stayed loyal to him and this idiot went and screwed them over again. Just so he could continue smoking his weed.

Hue??? He only had him on 1 team, I had him on 4! When the time comes where Hue Jackson can manage 4 teams with this bum on them, maybe then I'll feel a little sympathy for him. 

in case it wasn't obvious, the above statement was satirical 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/30/josh-gordon-screened-by-tsa-last-night-but-no-drugs-found/

A report that Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon and his posse were stopped by TSA at a Cleveland airport with a pound of weed is completely bogus ... this according to TSA sources. 

The original Scout.com report claims Gordon and his security detail were detained at Cleveland Hopkins airport after screeners found the pot in checked baggage. Gordon reportedly denied the pot was his. The report says this was the incident that led to Gordon entering rehab

But our TSA sources tell us, "The reports you're seeing are totally false."

One highly connected TSA source explains, "Gordon was screened by TSA last night (Thursday) without incident."

The source also says there has been no TSA trouble with Gordon recently. We also spoke with the Cleveland PD which also shot down the report

Mike Garafolo 

@MikeGarafolo

Hue Jackson tells Cleveland media of Josh Gordon: "We're moving on."

11:04 AM - 30 Sep 2016

Full quote:
#Browns Hue Jackson says about Josh Gordon: "we're moving on. We need to close that chapter right now.''
#Browns Hue Jackson: 'I'm not going to answer any more questions about Josh Gordon. I'm done with it''
Sounds like he quit on his team when they needed him.  Coleman hurt and rookie QB.  Hue had to be counting on Gordon and he pulled this four days before he was to be finally reinstated after so many people went to bat for him. 

Yep - Of course it's bogus. Like I said, attempting to transport a lb of pot by plane is federal. Not to mention the laws in Ohio he would have violated by having it.

TSA is absolutely obligated to turn him over to local LE (I have a friend who's a security lead in Oakland) - for small amounts they generally ignore it, but a lb would get a referral to police. 

There is no lawyer in the land who could on the spot negotiate a rehab trip instead of being taken to jail. 

The story didn't add up with the result. And that no credible source reported it was kind of another sign this was bs. 

Poor guy has been a square in a riound peg the whole time..

Theres been some players who refused to play for such an organization..

It might be win-win for all involved (JG departure)

Browns not at fault in the least..

I mean I dont expect em to add some QB for whatever cost   So browns aint exactly innocent of their own failures

The Browns should have known the risk involved..

There is common sayings for some occurrences.  Its something like one bust means there were probably ten occurrences.. 

Thats like saying three strikes to some folks

I believe the guys talented, and hope he starts maturing some soon..

Id also hope its with a Winning club, that isnt like dragging him down to their level.. 

"No time to care about a star player" seeking treatment for a condition that they were aware of from start

I have a hard time believing that a guy can still perform at a high level only playing 5 games in almost a four year stretch.    That's if he doesn't face criminal charges, AND pull himself together.  

Even in dynasty, this guy is definitely a waste of a roster spot IMO.  

I had come to believe he just simply didn't care and wanted to smoke the sweet cheeba.  It seems he does care, but is just beyond stupid or diseased.  He should of never of pulled the rehab card and just took his punishment as a weed martyr, of sorts.

Dudes 25   Hes probably in his prime, but may start drifting downward some..

Im not sure how much training camp time hes seen or anything,,   But I gotta figure at least for a WR, some of this is like riding a bike..

Ive seen pictures which lead me to believe he is taking care of his body too..

Obviously I could be wrong on all accounts    Maybe the Browns were hoping he would be more conditioned, and ready to roll..

Its possible he isnt ready, so the Browns suggested he seek treatment, instead of a very public release (pure speculation)

I trully doubt the Browns would remotely consider such an option, with such a gran opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot

Watch him land on his feet in New England for the stretch run... and than sign up for a 3 year Moss like stint, before getting PAID by some #### franchise like Detroit only to get busted again

Users who are viewing this thread