What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

Crazy that he's going there.  What's his value?  I think the classic overreaction is going to be that he's instantly a WR1 with his talent put together with that offense.  But I don't buy that he'll be putting up monster numbers there.  Brady doesn't exactly have the best deep ball.
As an owner of Gordon, agree. 

As a Pats fan, if he can stick, it's perfect. They need somebody to stretch the field and open things up for Gronk, Hogan, etc.

As an owner of Gordon, agree. 

As a Pats fan, if he can stick, it's perfect. They need somebody to stretch the field and open things up for Gronk, Hogan, etc.
For sure.  i think this would be great for the Pats as a team.  Stretches field, gives Gronk less coverage, opens up a lot of things.  It will help their offense.  From a fantasy perspective he seems like a boom/bust wr3 if he sticks.  Dont see him putting up massive numbers but I think he can succeed as a player there. 

Crazy that he's going there. What's his value? I think the classic overreaction is going to be that he's instantly a WR1 with his talent put together with that offense. But I don't buy that he'll be putting up monster numbers there. Brady doesn't exactly have the best deep ball.
I would take this opportunity to sell him in redraft. Between the hamstring injury and having to learn a new offense, I can't see him making much of an impact soon or really at all this year. It took Dorsett a while to catch on after being traded to NE right before the start of the regular season last year and I don't think this situation is much different. I think he would've been more valuable this year had he stayed in CLE. 

For sure.  i think this would be great for the Pats as a team.  Stretches field, gives Gronk less coverage, opens up a lot of things.  It will help their offense.  From a fantasy perspective he seems like a boom/bust wr3 if he sticks.  Dont see him putting up massive numbers but I think he can succeed as a player there. 
Assuming he can stay healthy AND stay straight to where he can get on the field. And he has given little indication that he can shake his issues long enough to get on the field and stay on the field. 

Josh Gordon in New England could be alter the balance of power in the AFC as well as the fantasy landscape...Or he could last a week and get cut. 

Low risk, high reward. If anyone can turn this guy around it’s BB

I would take this opportunity to sell him in redraft. Between the hamstring injury and having to learn a new offense, I can't see him making much of an impact soon or really at all this year. It took Dorsett a while to catch on after being traded to NE right before the start of the regular season last year and I don't think this situation is much different. I think he would've been more valuable this year had he stayed in CLE. 
Definitely this.  But given the chance of no team or the Pats, its a pretty good landing spot for him.  If anyone can keep him in check its Bill.  If the Pats cut him, he's done.  Forever.

He literally gave up on the Raiders. He didn't run routes on plays that weren't designed to go to him and loafed during practices and games.

This mythology that the Pats don't take on talented problem children is a bit strange. I get the "Patriot Way" and all but let's not act like they are some saintly organization. They employed a literal murderer after all.
That’s a fair point, I must admit. 

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought Dillon refused to go back in a game with the Bengals and caused other locker room problems.

Where did the lazy narrative come with Gordon? - he's in amazing shape.
That he was late to meetings & wasn’t learning the playbook. 

My assertion is that’s a lazy approach. 

OK....

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots are "getting close" to acquiring Josh Gordon.
Just so people know. Ian Rapoport is the least reliable big name pundit out there. Just last week he said, Devonta Freeman is fine. Just yesterday he said MCcoy broke a rib and then said came back and had to correct himself. 

Adam Schefter reports it, then I'll believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so people know. Ian Rapoprt is the least reliable big name pundit out there. Just last week he said, Devonta Freeman is fine. Adam Schefter reports it, then I'll believe it.
As cryptic as Hoodie is, do we really believe he would allow it to be leaked that this is what they are up to if that is indeed the case? :unsure:

I have my doubts...

As cryptic as Hoodie is, do we really believe he would allow it to be leaked that this is what they are up to if that is indeed the case? :unsure:
Some of us -- even Gordon backers, among whom I am one -- don't really buy this. We could be wrong, but the use of "source," and considering the situation and how Belichick would want anonymity until a deal is actually struck seems to leave the reports suspect.  

One thing to add which no one will probably read in all this madness.

In a big way this is perfect for Gordon. Addicts need structure and he won't find a more structured environment in the NFL. It's what players always say, the minute you walk in that building it's football all the time and while some players complain about this some highly appreciate the way it locks out distractions.

To be fair it also means he's got walk a tighter line then he's ever had to walk. Maybe he fails, but he's getting set up in the optimal place for success. It's all on him now.

Be nice to see the Rams make a call  Think I'd be ready to crown em
This one makes the least sense for sure.  They're already having trouble finding enough targets for their 3 good receivers.  Throw in a young head coach who hasn't dealt with this situation before, and the city with the most distractions in the NFL, and this would make no sense.

In a big way this is perfect for Gordon. Addicts need structure and he won't find a more structured environment in the NFL. It's what players always say, the minute you walk in that building it's football all the time and while some players complain about this some highly appreciate the way it locks out distractions.
If Gordon goes to Patriots, you can bet that he will have to buy into the structure and the culture instituted by Belichick.  Man, if Brady gets hand on this guy, he'll unleash him and wreck havoc on NFL...

gordon was dropped in my 12 teammer.... very much looking forward to seeing his FAAB results. I think it will be a bunch of 10% bids and one 80% because someone always gets tickled by the potential (even though it hasnt happened in 5 years)

It makes sense for the Pats to trade for him since it's basically free. they'll kick the tires and either release or wait and see.

I hope Gordon can get his head right but I hope the "legit compensation" is at least a conditional deal if NE is actually involved. Anything more than a 4th is just pissing in the wind. Gordon has proven he can't get right. 

Why would a potential leak have to come from the Pats end? Isn't it just as likely, if not dramatically more so, that it's coming from the Browns side? Or is Ian Rappaport completely full of it?

Yep.  Gordon owners and Non Gordon owners.
It's divided even among people with no skin in the game. Some people have a different view of addiction than others or hate that someone who has been a non-enitity for years is the most ballyhooed acquisition one can make in pro football or fantasy football, provided one isn't risk-averse. His very situation and people's reaction to it tends to drive people nuts in one way or another, including his "owners" in the fantasy football world.  

Simply put: I invested in a freakish talent because I still believe in him as a player and as a person. I'm willing to back up my hesitant optimism with roster spaces until he proves he can no longer function at an elite level.  I know addiction and the hell it causes, and know how hard it is to beat or keep sober. I hold out only hope rather than declarations about what the future will portend, because the truth is that nobody knows what will come next.  

Just so people know. Ian Rapoport is the least reliable big name pundit out there. Just last week he said, Devonta Freeman is fine. Just yesterday he said MCcoy broke a rib and then said came back and had to correct himself. 

Adam Schefter reports it, then I'll believe it.
Rapoport covered the Patriots as a beat guy for 3-4 years. IMO, that gives his story a little more credence than if it were a team he didn't cover all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread