What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Your Money out of the Market (1 Viewer)

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase. The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
LHUCKS was before his time really.

So bonds are pricing in Armageddon while stocks are pricing in a new Golden Age for the American economy.

:popcorn:  
No joke.  No telling where things are headed.  I certainly never expected this market to keep floating up like this.

My financial services company has jumped 9 points in 2 days.  Feeling is, rate hike, less regulations and we will be able now be able to once again launder for the Russians.

It's a golden age!

I got in heavy yesterday morning as soon as the market opened because I didn't think the -800 overnight was going to hold. Ended up making 7% for the day.  Would have been more, but gold held me down. I'm a little uncertain where to go from here. 

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.

The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
19k seems likely. You still waiting this out?

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.

The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
This thread will never not be awesome, but I'd like to give a special shoutout today - because the Dow, as of this moment, is now up 50% in the 4.25 years since this thread was started.

Dow on 9/2/12 - 13,306.64

Dow on 12/7/16 - 19,549.62

solid advice, i'd say, all things considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get in on the Trump small cap rally while you can. We will probably take another breather before the end of the year. That will be your next chance. Almost has to. This is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Irrational exuberance"
Fund managers ####ting their pants because they were left standing with their mouth's hanging open as the train left the station without them. Now they have to try and show that they are in winners so they are buying anything they can before the end of the year.

Fund Manager: 'Looks clients, I'm in all the winners'.
Clients: 'Great job. So how did I do this year'  
Fund manager: 'You were in all the winners'.............. 'LOL, whew, fooling these morons is still easy.'

I just put one foot out the door. Reduced exposure to small caps. That run was crazy.

:oldunsure: I've been thinking I should rebalance, being 5% in  bonds, half of which is in my 13yo's college fund (my timing with his account has been crappy) but whenever I check my holdings we're up $5-10k, it's kinda hard to pull the trigger knowing that aside from college we don't need the money for over 20 years.  

C'mon guys, if we bump this thread every time the Dow sets a new record high, it'll be every day of the Trump administration. We should probably pace ourselves so we don't get tired of the winning. 
If/When this market corrects sometime in the next four years, Trump's going to get crucified for destroying so much wealth. 

If/When this market corrects sometime in the next four years, Trump's going to get crucified for destroying so much wealth. 
Because the Government likely would have slowed/stopped buying bonds to keep interest rates down? That's probably going to happen. Who knows when, but equities will drop when it does. Can't wait to start getting some discounts, equities are expensive right now because of the low rates. I'm 33, I'd be signing a completely different tune if I was close to retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread