What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (4 Viewers)

:lmao: :lmao:
Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice after showing up late.Some things never change. There's no indication that the infraction will affect Britt's status for Sunday versus the Colts. On a positive note, coach Mike Munchak said last week's game was the best Britt has run all season. The Titans want him to develop more chemistry with Jake Locker going forward.Source: John Glennon on Twitter Dec 6 - 2:29 PMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice after showing up late.Some things never change. There's no indication that the infraction will affect Britt's status for Sunday versus the Colts. On a positive note, coach Mike Munchak said last week's game was the best Britt has run all season. The Titans want him to develop more chemistry with Jake Locker going forward.Source: John Glennon on Twitter Dec 6 - 2:29 PMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt
Bad job by Rotoworld here as they completely twisted the tweet around.There is a huge difference between being excused from practice after showing up late versus the the way the tweet actually stated which was, "britt late to practice,was excused absence". Roto made it sound like he showed up late and got sent home. That's would be cause to worry about his status this week, not the way the tweet actually stated.

Bad job by Rotoworld here as they completely twisted the tweet around.There is a huge difference between being excused from practice after showing up late versus the the way the tweet actually stated which was, "britt late to practice,was excused absence". Roto made it sound like he showed up late and got sent home. That's would be cause to worry about his status this week, not the way the tweet actually stated.
That is some terrible journalism there.

Anyone starting Britt this week? What are the chances he scores a TD two weeks in a row?
Would be three in a row now I think; seems like a bit of a risk because if he doesn't score one he doesn't seem to be producing enough to get you double digits.
I think he has a decent chance to score a TD because he gets a lot of looks when they get inside the 20. Anyway the Colts secondary is poor and I'm a sucker for some good coach speak so I'm buying the "we need to get Britt more involved" company line and starting him even though I think he's looked subpar lately.

Anyone starting Britt this week? What are the chances he scores a TD two weeks in a row?
Would be three in a row now I think; seems like a bit of a risk because if he doesn't score one he doesn't seem to be producing enough to get you double digits.
I think he has a decent chance to score a TD because he gets a lot of looks when they get inside the 20. Anyway the Colts secondary is poor and I'm a sucker for some good coach speak so I'm buying the "we need to get Britt more involved" company line and starting him even though I think he's looked subpar lately.
May have to start him over Nicks this week. Not expecting much but you never know, he has the skills.

Good news...

According to Rotoworld:

The Titans expect Damian Williams (hamstring) to miss Week 14 at Indianapolis.

Williams has been averaging 20-25 snaps per game as the fourth receiver. Kendall Wright and Kenny Britt should see an uptick in playing time and targets with Williams out.

This means Kenny Britt might get one more reception than last week making it 3 receptions. :hophead:

Never mind...

Just below that news:

Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice after showing up late.

Some things never change. There's no indication that the infraction will affect Britt's status for Sunday versus the Colts. On a positive note, coach Mike Munchak said last week's game was the best Britt has run all season. The Titans want him to develop more chemistry with Jake Locker going forward.

Never mind...Just below that news:Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice after showing up late.Some things never change. There's no indication that the infraction will affect Britt's status for Sunday versus the Colts. On a positive note, coach Mike Munchak said last week's game was the best Britt has run all season. The Titans want him to develop more chemistry with Jake Locker going forward.
Yeah, this was already covered a few posts above this. The guy at Rotoworld misread the Tweet. Check the source.

I'm trying to choose between Britt and Nate Washington this week.

I'm currently going with Britt because he has scored a few more points than Washington over the past 2 weeks, and is the Titans #1 WR (on paper, at least). Plus, every source I looked at has Britt predicted to score more, though that obviously doesn't mean he will. However, Washington does well with Locker at the helm, and he usually gets more yards. On a final note, Britt is still a bit rusty. Tough call.

In order to start Britt I'd have to bench Julio (no chance) or DX (minimal chance). I just can't trust this guy in week-one of my FF playoffs. If he goes off for 6/90/2 on my bench I'll be pissed, but if he drops a 2/25/0 line while starting for me I'll be out of the playoffs. Besides, DX should be able to match any production that Britt can throw up there.

Simple decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
They fixed it...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Updating a previous item, Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice by the Titans.

He wasn't tardy for practice and there was no disciplinary measure. Britt had the coaching staff's blessing, so his absence is a non-issue. Rotoworld ranks Britt No. 34 among wide receivers for Week 14.

That is some terrible journalism there.
I think its pretty clear at this point that Rotoworld and journalism have nothing in common. I was worried for a minute. Thanks to the shark pool for clearing that up. I'm sticking with my plan of playing Britt over MWallace at this point.

They fixed it...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Updating a previous item, Kenny Britt was excused from Thursday's practice by the Titans.

He wasn't tardy for practice and there was no disciplinary measure. Britt had the coaching staff's blessing, so his absence is a non-issue. Rotoworld ranks Britt No. 34 among wide receivers for Week 14.
Well they got the right information out which I guess is the main goal but instead of admitting they were wrong they posted an almost similar tweet to the one before and did it under the guise of an "update". I'd have had more respect for them if they just admitted they got it wrong.

I still click on rotoworld all day for updates which brings me to something I've long mulled over which is why so many subscribers of this site have to go click on a "free" site to get breaking news or player specific news. I know for me I find this site sorely lagging behind rotoworld in terms of timeliness of their updates but I also find it frustrating when I click on a player to get latest news and you get nothing when Rotoworld might have multiple updates. IMO this is the biggest improvement I'd like to see Footballguys make.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see Britt finish the game with his 5-127 halftime stat line.

Im thinking about starting him instead of Brandon Marshall against GB next week. I haven't watched Britt at all but is he turning the corner?

'Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:
'Ketamine Dreams said:
Im thinking about starting him instead of Brandon Marshall against GB next week. I haven't watched Britt at all but is he turning the corner?
I like him, but isn't he facing Cromartie this week? Is that a tough matchup?
:yes:I'd still consider starting Britt. Just not over someone like Marshall.
He's teasing me in a few spots this week. Matchup and all, I'd really like to just roll him out there and let him work. No nails by Sunday at 1.

Ok, so how tough has Cromartie been this year on opposing #1 WRs?

Britt is hot right now and I'm very tempted to start him but the matchup against Cro has me backing off the ledge. Watched the replay of the Titans game from last week and Britt was making plays left and right. Looked very much like the pre-injury version of the guy. That Britt is a beast and a legit WR1. But will he show up again this week?

It is Monday night, so there's that. But it's also fantasy playoff time. Yikes!!!

I benched him last week and swore not to do it again this season. I am keeping that promise. When he is on, and he looked on last week, I don't think he can be shut down.

Pro Football Reference says he is listed as questionable with a head injury? Nothing on rotoworld. Any good IDP-focused sites out there?

He left the game against the Jags with a possible concussion, but returned in the 4th quarter.

I'd expect Chro is playing, which has me debating Britt's merits.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices to Ballard, Dwyer, or Britt... not sure which way I'm going.

Let's talk Cromartie, specifically. Has he been shutting down WRs all season?

I know he started off strong and seemed to thrive even more after Revis went down.

I hate all of you and this thread.

It's between him & David Wilson in the flex (PPR) for me this week. See you guys 15 minutes before lineups are set.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
first Jets game w/o Revis was week 4. I looked at every team's top WR performance vs Jets since then (assuming Cromartie would cover them as he will Britt, which is not confirmed yet and would love to hear some insider info on that)

anyway

week 4-Crabtree 2 rec, 15 yards (7 targets)

week 5-Andre Johnson 1 rec, 15 yards (6 targets)

week 6-Reggie Wayne 5 rec, 87 yards (10 targets)

week 7-Lloyd 1 rec, 6 yards (8 targets)

week 8-Hartline 4 rec, 41 yards (6 targets)

week 10-Sidney Rice 2 rec, 54 yards, 2 TD (7 targets)

week 11-Brandon Gibson 3 rec, 9 yards, 2 TD (5 targets)

week 12-Lloyd 3 rec, 26 yards (5 targets)

week 13-Fitzgerald 1 rec, 23 yards (7 targets)

week 14-Blackmon 6 rec, 57 yards (12 targets)

per game averages=2.8 rec, 33.3 yards, 0.4 TDs, 7.3 targets, 6.9 Fantasy Points. only Rice and Gibson had good fantasy days and they needed 2 TDs.

WRs are only catching 38.3% of their targets vs Cromartie these last 10 games for only 11.9 yards per reception. I came into this thread looking for a reason to start Britt as I have held him all year and felt great about that game last week but these numbers say lean another option even if you think Britt is better than most of these guys he has shut down so far

first Jets game w/o Revis was week 4. I looked at every team's top WR performance vs Jets since then (assuming Cromartie would cover them as he will Britt, which is not confirmed yet and would love to hear some insider info on that)anyway week 4-Crabtree 2 rec, 15 yards (7 targets)week 5-Andre Johnson 1 rec, 15 yards (6 targets)week 6-Reggie Wayne 5 rec, 87 yards (10 targets)week 7-Lloyd 1 rec, 6 yards (8 targets) week 8-Hartline 4 rec, 41 yards (6 targets)week 10-Sidney Rice 2 rec, 54 yards, 2 TD (7 targets)week 11-Brandon Gibson 3 rec, 9 yards, 2 TD (5 targets)week 12-Lloyd 3 rec, 26 yards (5 targets)week 13-Fitzgerald 1 rec, 23 yards (7 targets)week 14-Blackmon 6 rec, 57 yards (12 targets)per game averages=2.8 rec, 33.3 yards, 0.4 TDs, 7.3 targets, 6.9 Fantasy Points. only Rice and Gibson had good fantasy days and they needed 2 TDs. WRs are only catching 38.3% of their targets vs Cromartie these last 10 games for only 11.9 yards per reception. I came into this thread looking for a reason to start Britt as I have held him all year and felt great about that game last week but these numbers say lean another option even if you think Britt is better than most of these guys he has shut down so far
Good stuff, Hines. Thank you.

week 10-Sidney Rice 2 rec, 54 yards, 2 TD (7 targets) (obviously burned Cro twice and Rice has never been consistent)

week 11-Brandon Gibson 3 rec, 9 yards, 2 TD (5 targets) (3 of 5 targets and two went for TDs - not bad)

week 12-Lloyd 3 rec, 26 yards (5 targets) (3 of 5 targets and Lloyd has not exactly been the model WR this year)

week 13-Fitzgerald 1 rec, 23 yards (7 targets) (Lindley)

week 14-Blackmon 6 rec, 57 yards (12 targets) (6 for 57 without Shorts and Henne at QB)

I see reasons to be optimistic here. Maybe I am wearing baby-blue colored glasses but seems like he has been getting burned by pretty inferior competition.

Need 11.8 points out of Britt tonight. Why do I have such a bad feeling about my playoffs depending on Britt?
I did everything in my power to avoid having my fantasy life depend on Britt this week.Which meant my top considerations for flex receivers wound up being Andrew Hawkins (a 9-yard rush) and Ben Watson (two catches for 12 yards).As it turns out, I still managed to win despite starting Baby Hawk but riding Britt would have (likely) wound up as the better play here.Needing 58 yards and a touchdown out of him, though? Yikes. That's probably asking for too much.

News Articles > Kenny BrittPublished Sun Jan 13 6:08:11 p.m. ET 2013 (RotoWire)Police in New Jersey reportedly wish to speak with Britt about an incident Saturday night that resulted in his brother being stabbed, the Tennessean reports.Analysis: The report notes that Britt's brother was treated for a non-life threatening stab wound to the left side of his back. Police believe that Britt -- who allegedly was non-cooperative with officers when questioned after he dropped his brother off at the hospital -- was at the scene of an altercation which led up to the stabbing. In any case, Britt continues to have off-field issues, though it's uncertain this latest incident it will result in any disciplinary action.(Article Link)

Users who are viewing this thread