Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

He's not getting a BnB Xmas card from you this year is he?

I'm pretty sure that Bass is taking a dump in a paper bag right now to set on Jeff's doorstep, light on fire, ring the doorbell and then run away. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3420

  • BassNBrew

    3287

  • Capella

    2076

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

4 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I don't know what CB is. As far as an exit, no idea. It's literally been trading for like an hour.

Cost Basis - sorry, being lazy

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

@David Dodds  Please PM me your next moves before posting here.  TIA

I posted them both last night in this thread. I wrote a thesis on why I thought GME could be massively undervalued. I also posted multiple times about AMC and said if the $8 calls come in, it's getting squeezed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I posted them both last night in this thread. I wrote a thesis on why I thought GME could be massively undervalued. I also posted multiple times about AMC and said if the $8 calls come in, it's getting squeezed.

Oh I read them.  I hate myself, even more which I didn't think possible, for not following your wisdom.  I won't make the same mistake again GB. :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I mean, the guy has been working there since 2006. He certainly should be allowed to sell his shares and make some money after all that time. 

Sold 757k shares.

"With the sales, Sankar now owns 2,879,793 shares in the data analytics company, not counting 1.07 million shares held in two trusts he controls."

He obviously doesn't believe and isn't invested in the company.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
[quote]wine[/quote]
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I posted them both last night in this thread. I wrote a thesis on why I thought GME could be massively undervalued. I also posted multiple times about AMC and said if the $8 calls come in, it's getting squeezed.

You did and I totally ignored it because of my poor experience last round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

If AMC closes above $10 tomorrow, I'm taking the entire Malaise family to the nearest AMC theater once we open them back up.  I don't even need to watch a movie, I'm content eating some DOTS and playing Joust in the lobby. 

The last time I was at the movies, with my family, an usher walked in on me in the bathroom filling my cup o' Sprite with vodka.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I posted them both last night in this thread. I wrote a thesis on why I thought GME could be massively undervalued. I also posted multiple times about AMC and said if the $8 calls come in, it's getting squeezed.

So is this the big squeeze for GME that was predicted or something else? Is more than 100% of the stock still shorted?

Link to post
Share on other sites

In anyone in $PH?  Im long on them, great industrial dividend, but very boring.  Im trying to figure out if they have peaked or if I should hold them forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JAA said:

In anyone in $PH?  Im long on them, great industrial dividend, but very boring.  Im trying to figure out if they have peaked or if I should hold them forever.

I'm still adding a little but very slowly in my IRA.  They are like 2.5% of that account, but I also have SEP and 401k accounts so my retirement accounts are a weird mix.  I don't own them directly in the other accounts.  I kind of like boring solid companies for that kind of stuff.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

So is this the big squeeze for GME that was predicted or something else? Is more than 100% of the stock still shorted?

Some think the stock was as much as 500% shorted coming into today. It's hard to get real numbers. The shorts were using advanced option tricks and shorting ETFs that held GME to disguise their numbers. Many players likely also decided to join Melvin's short position (at an even higher price point) once the price rose.

A lot of the shares were in diamond hands with Ryan Cohen and the WSB crowd hodling. So if this really was massively shorted, some other hedge funds might have decided to get on the right side of the trade and force this situation knowing that the short interest report is due tonight.

Similarly, AMC calls have that stock in a similar squeeze situation if people take those shares on Friday.  

Edited by David Dodds
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Some think the stock was as much as 500% shorted coming into today. It's hard to get real numbers. The shorts were using advanced option tricks and shorting ETFs that held GME to disguise their numbers. Many players likely also decided to join Melvin's short position (at an even higher price point) once the price rose.

A lot of the shares were in diamond hands with Ryan Cohen and the WSB crowd hodling. So if this really was massively shorted, some other hedge funds might have decided to get on the right side of the trade and force this situation knowing that the short interest report is due tonight.

Similarly, AMC calls have that stock in a similar squeeze situation if people take those shares on Friday.  

I have a small amount of FU shares that I wont ever sell just to be able tell the story.  To hell with the hedgies!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAA said:

I have a small amount of FU shares that I wont ever sell just to be able tell the story.  To hell with the hedgies!!

Diamond hands forever. Nothing but respect for you

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Ryan Cohen's letter to the board from November 2020. It gives you a bit more insight into his vision for GME. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326380/000101359420000821/rc13da3-111620.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0QW_mMtchniRUEHbZMmPBWonXzKEsIu8FJXjsUUH7F2Cken2CQWN_S-sg

Edited by David Dodds
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Sold my GME at 108 this time like a paper hands wuss :kicksrock:

True story - for giggles I just tried to put a Limit sell on my GME shares at $500.  The sell order was rejected with the statement "Order rejected:Your limit is significantly higher than the last traded price. Confirm you are trading the correct security."

FU TD AmeriNOtrade!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JAA said:
2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Sold my GME at 108 this time like a paper hands wuss :kicksrock:

True story - for giggles I just tried to put a Limit sell on my GME shares at $500.  The sell order was rejected with the statement "Order rejected:Your limit is significantly higher than the last traded price. Confirm you are trading the correct security."

FU TD AmeriNOtrade!!

Just to add to the conspiracy theories here ...

TD wont let me add the sell limit of $500 for GME with a current price of $168 (~3x value)

TD will let me add the sell limit of $0.50 for INND with a current price of $.0266 (~19x value)

:tinfoilhat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Just to add to the conspiracy theories here ...

TD wont let me add the sell limit of $500 for GME with a current price of $168 (~3x value)

TD will let me add the sell limit of $0.50 for INND with a current price of $.0266 (~19x value)

:tinfoilhat:

This is all standard 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, randall146 said:

Can someone explain to me why my fundamental concern about SPACs is incorrect? I admit I am a total newb but here goes: SPAC gets listed for $10. You get in somewhat early for $10.50. Rumors start flying that SPAC is going to acquire XYZ. XYZ looks like a good company and is in a hot sector so SPAC rises to $15. Then for a while rumors continue and people debate the merits of XYZ and SPAC numbers go up or down. Then at some point a deal becomes more likely and again the price rises or falls based on what the market thinks of XYZ. 

But what never seems to be discussed until it's an afterthought is how much of XYZ SPAC is acquiring, and at what price. It's like evaluating someone's portfolio knowing only the company names, not the amounts owned or purchase price. 

So it seems like all you get with a SPAC is the possibility of acquiring some percentage of some company, or you get $10 back.

I'll try and answer with some of my more general thoughts on this topic, because I cannot pinpoint exactly what your concern is.

Every SPAC is different partially because they are an earlier entry point into the public process than traditional IPOs.  This is why they end up with a smaller part of the combined company. Even some IPOs like Snowflake see a relatively small amount of public float which helps to keep their valuation at very high levels as outsiders bid it up. SPACs are somewhat between the IPO and a private investment that would take a traditional 2/20 fee structure. 

No matter what happens, you will be diluted by a successful merger. Pre DA/LOI, you will be able to know the terms of the promote and warrants issued in the unit. This can really matter. Post DA, you learn about the full capital structure which typically includes a PIPE. PIPEs can be good (some companies can literally just use additional capital to expand) or bad (Lucid investors got a better price on the PIPE than CCIV SPAC holders).

Still, most of this discussion of the capital structure relatively useless from a trading standpoint. This news is going to be digested and traded on by firms much faster than you can. The safest way to play SPACs is to invest in an ETF like SPCX (or ARB on the TSE) that can buy them closer to NAV than retail and will sell long before a bad deal ruins the gains on them. Anything else is inherently speculative, particularly when you buy a pre DA/LOI SPAC that has drifted away from NAV. Like I said above though: every SPAC is different. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Dodds said:

Here is Ryan Cohen's letter to the board from November 2020. It gives you a bit more insight into his vision for GME. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326380/000101359420000821/rc13da3-111620.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0QW_mMtchniRUEHbZMmPBWonXzKEsIu8FJXjsUUH7F2Cken2CQWN_S-sg

So what’s GameStop going to? I’m extremely stupid but addicted to gambling and considering a handful of shares again. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:
4 minutes ago, JAA said:

Just to add to the conspiracy theories here ...

TD wont let me add the sell limit of $500 for GME with a current price of $168 (~3x value)

TD will let me add the sell limit of $0.50 for INND with a current price of $.0266 (~19x value)

:tinfoilhat:

This is all standard 

Can you unpack that for me?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those looking into NPHC, I found this tweet interesting:  https://twitter.com/askwarrenbuffet/status/1364757421952917504

This is a real company with real products.  Im guessing the stock will pop in the morning and settle some throughout the day.  However, its clear that something is going on at NPHC and the company is trying to create momentum.

Note - it is a parady account

Edit - sorry, I should be putting these in the penny stock thread

Edited by JAA
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm a big dummy still holding $CCIV at about 14.5% profit.

 

Unsure on whether to sell at this point.

 

I know I missed the top...

 

Oy

 

@TripItUp ?

Edited by identikit
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Some think the stock was as much as 500% shorted coming into today. It's hard to get real numbers. The shorts were using advanced option tricks and shorting ETFs that held GME to disguise their numbers. Many players likely also decided to join Melvin's short position (at an even higher price point) once the price rose.

A lot of the shares were in diamond hands with Ryan Cohen and the WSB crowd hodling. So if this really was massively shorted, some other hedge funds might have decided to get on the right side of the trade and force this situation knowing that the short interest report is due tonight.

Similarly, AMC calls have that stock in a similar squeeze situation if people take those shares on Friday.  

What's your exit plan for GME or are you diamond holding to see what Cohen does?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Here is Ryan Cohen's letter to the board from November 2020. It gives you a bit more insight into his vision for GME. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326380/000101359420000821/rc13da3-111620.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0QW_mMtchniRUEHbZMmPBWonXzKEsIu8FJXjsUUH7F2Cken2CQWN_S-sg

Wow. He slammed the heck out of the board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I think we're alright:

 

These two reasons are why I would never put Enterprise into an IRA. Yes, it's a leading player in the midstream sector, often considered a bellwether for the industry. It has an incredible streak of annual distribution hikes (21 years and counting) and a fat 5.8% yield. And it is, by all accounts, a great partnership that is constantly looking for ways to get even better for its unitholders. But the drawbacks of putting it into an IRA means it isn't right for these accounts, no matter how high the yield is or how great a partnership it happens to be.

However, you could happily add ONEOK, Inc. (NYSE:OKE) without facing any of those issues, because this midstream company is structured as a regular corporation. Although ONEOK's yield of 4.8% is a little lower than Enterprise's, it shares a lot of the partnership's most desirable traits.

Sounds like it would be great in a ROTH?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Harper said:

What's your exit plan for GME or are you diamond holding to see what Cohen does?

I got some Mr. Bubble on tap for tonight. Taking a warm bath and getting a nice sleep. I will wake up around 4am PT to see what is happening in the Euro-market and what BS we are up against (halting buy orders, etc).

I will set my exit strategy up in the morning. I have a chance to make life-changing money, but don't think I have the guts to go diamond hands with all my shares. 

But as crazy as all this is, this could be just the START of the squeeze. It feels like Hedge Funds against Hedge funds and people like me are just tagging along.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

IPOE Highlighted on Cramer tonight 

Good maybe my April Calls won't be down 50% anymore 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Here is Ryan Cohen's letter to the board from November 2020. It gives you a bit more insight into his vision for GME. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326380/000101359420000821/rc13da3-111620.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0QW_mMtchniRUEHbZMmPBWonXzKEsIu8FJXjsUUH7F2Cken2CQWN_S-sg

Really, really well done. Should be studied in business schools.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

Really, really well done. Should be studied in business schools.

My understanding is Ryan Cohen has been adding shares since this letter too. It would not surprise if he and key allies have over 50% of the stock right now. The firing of the CFO was not an isolated move. I expect we will soon hear about a complete new team heading up Ryan Cohen's version of Gamestop very soon.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jamny said:

Picked up some ONVO. Downtrend reversal on heavy volume.

Looks like another nice day for ONVO.

Maybe I'll make back the money I lost on it a few years ago during the 3D printing craze. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...