What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

VIX Down 21.5%

UVXY +10%

wtfh. I sure miss TVIX. This is ridiculous. We should be up 40% today in UVXY
Acts like a .5 leverage, not 1.5.  I'm out.  Sold some at 9.50 to make sure I didn't lose, then decided to just GTFOut at 9.60 

Sold some GME I bought pre-market and free rolling now.  Went from up $5k to down $5k this morning and was stressing me out.  Just took a really long walk and relieved to see it back up.  :banned:

Plus have a sizeable position in AMC so needed to clean up the books.  Considering adding more.

:weenhands:

Last edited by a moderator:
Acts like a .5 leverage, not 1.5.  I'm out.  Sold some at 9.50 to make sure I didn't lose, then decided to just GTFOut at 9.60 
I got out too, after turning a medium loss into a small one with today's bump.  Still up on trading it overall, but think I'm done with that one.  (UVXY) 

GME launch is the ultimate Psychology study.

Literally, if everyone diamond-handed right now this thing hits $1000+ as their are not enough shares to cover the short positions.

But the whole market works on people being weak and everyone wanting to ensure they aren't the last bag holder.
I wonder if this will hit $400 like last time. A lot of people will have learned their lesson. However, if hedge funds are taking a side next to retail, why not?
I think everyone had the mindset this was a "one time thing".  I thought it was obvious that it wouldn't be.  I mean, once the inmates understand how to get organized, the gloves are off.

Holy cow

Someone just bought a ton of 3/19 $500 GME calls at almost $3000 apiece.
This is what we want. This could very well be the people shorting as their algos are now saying the gamma squeeze is very much on the table. So the original bad guys end up being on the winning team too. Or just different hedge funds all lining up here for a massive play.
Frankly, this is what we need.  It cant be someone winning and someone losing, it needs to be some people winning and some people winning less.

Looking at the rest of my stonks, it seems like a lot of selloff getting into cash.  Maybe there will be a liquidity event!

Looking at the rest of my stonks, it seems like a lot of selloff getting into cash.  Maybe there will be a liquidity event!
If I look at my personal chart, the same thing happened on January 26th-27th when GME popped the first time. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
SEC investigating Elon Musk for his tweets.

Nice buy opportunity for TSLA probably.  That's all these dumb headlines have ever been.
I sold my TSLA stock when Elon called the diver who saved the kids a pedio.  Cost me $20k last I looked, and no Im not looking again.

For those not used to dabbling in the meme stonks, this here is the daily pile drive from the shorts before they let the stock run once the West Coast is on lunch (a few minutes from now)
West coast guys eat lunch between 9am and 10am.  In 20+ years working for 3 different hedge funds, I can probably count on both hands the number of times these lunches were eaten somewhere other than our desks.  Money never eats, pal.

West coast guys eat lunch between 9am and 10am.  In 20+ years working for 3 different hedge funds, I can probably count on both hands the number of times these lunches were eaten somewhere other than our desks.  Money never eats, pal.
Although right now I am fantasizing about a 3 martini lunch at the trendy restaurant a block away from me.  Anything to numb the pain.

I think we are saying similar things. When these short attacks have went after the meme stocks, they have been driving the price down before lunch because retail has been active on lunch breaks. So when retail is active, hedge funds are active too.

My limit order for half of my JPEX just hit at .0024.  Wondering about the second half.  Anyone long here?

What about those three martini lunches hedge fund fatcats are famous for.

Users who are viewing this thread