Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CR69 said:

So what's funny is I still like having physical games yet I believe I'll be in the minority here soon. Console manufacturers need to start including realistic storage though. My wife's iPhone has more than half the storage as my ps5. WTF is that?

You already are

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3105

  • BassNBrew

    3070

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

1 minute ago, David Dodds said:

I think the old head honcho was let go because he didnt sell more shares to the public while the price is high.  I think chewy guy may turn it around.  but im not taking this ride.

I assume they will sell approx 1 trillion shares at the current price because why wouldnt you?????

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KGB said:

I think the old head honcho was let go because he didnt sell more shares to the public while the price is high.  I think chewy guy may turn it around.  but im not taking this ride.

I assume they will sell approx 1 trillion shares at the current price because why wouldnt you?????

The old guy sucked from the different comments I heard. He wasn't a gamer. He wasn't invested in the company. Ryan Cohen is putting his team in place in an attempt to repeat what they did at Chewy.com. I don't think this company needs to issue a bunch more stock. They need a new vision and the team to implement it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KGB said:

WKHS  over correction?

I don’t think so. I have no idea what it’ll do short term but this thing ballooned on a USPS contract they didn’t actually get. Doesn’t seem investable IMO but I’m sure there’s trading opportunities here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

The old guy sucked from the different comments I heard. He wasn't a gamer. He wasn't invested in the company. Ryan Cohen is putting his team in place in an attempt to repeat what they did at Chewy.com. I don't think this company needs to issue a bunch more stock. They need a new vision and the team to implement it. 

So I’m a customer at Chewy. I have two dogs, both old, and I have autoship set up for food and meds.

Tell me how this recurring revenue is going to be duplicated at Gamestop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KGB said:

I think the old head honcho was let go because he didnt sell more shares to the public while the price is high.  I think chewy guy may turn it around.  but im not taking this ride.

I assume they will sell approx 1 trillion shares at the current price because why wouldnt you?????

I don't think they will issue more stock now. Right now they have the biggest cheerleader on the planet (WSB). Issuing more stock crushes your biggest supporters at a time when you could use them staying relevent. 

I think the next steps are:

1. Call back the shares for key votes for the upcoming shareholder meeting. This stops all of the shorting games. The fact that an ETF with Gamestop in it has 200+% short interest is just insanity.

2. Announce a new vision/future, complete with new people ready to execute.

3. Fair price on the stock could easily be $100/share if they do these two things above. 

4. Only after they get proper stock price, they issue more shares to fund the vision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McBokonon said:

I don’t think so. I have no idea what it’ll do short term but this thing ballooned on a USPS contract they didn’t actually get. Doesn’t seem investable IMO but I’m sure there’s trading opportunities here.

:hifive:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

So I’m a customer at Chewy. I have two dogs, both old, and I have autoship set up for food and meds.

Tell me how this recurring revenue is going to be duplicated at Gamestop.

They have not released their vision so I would be guessing at what Ryan Cohen is planning. I believe in his ability to craft a team to win the gaming community. I think their 55 million user database is worth more than the current valuation. For me it's that simple. Once they release their vision, it will get properly evaluated. If it's dumb, the stock tanks. If it's brilliant, most will still wait for execution. As others have stated, Amazon could crush them, etc. 

But no one literally has a read on what Ryan Cohen is doing, but he now has a lot of GME (15% and counting I believe). I believe in Ryan Cohen. That's all I have. Well that and diamond hands.

 

Edited by David Dodds
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I don't think they will issue more stock now. Right now they have the biggest cheerleader on the planet (WSB). Issuing more stock crushes your biggest supporters at a time when you could use them staying relevent. 

I think the next steps are:

1. Call back the shares for key votes for the upcoming shareholder meeting. This stops all of the shorting games. The fact that an ETF with Gamestop in it has 200+% short interest is just insanity.

2. Announce a new vision/future, complete with new people ready to execute.

3. Fair price on the stock could easily be $100/share if they do these two things above. 

4. Only after they get proper stock price, they issue more shares to fund the vision. 

https://swaggystocks.com/dashboard/wallstreetbets/ticker-sentiment

This is a good link if youd like to track WSB interest. :banned:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Or just sell a monthly pass that allows you to download basically any game :shrug: 

I'm anti GME, but with their user base, they can be the next twitch, tournaments, all types of stuff we havnt thought of yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KGB said:

I'm anti GME, but with their user base, they can be the next twitch, tournaments, all types of stuff we havnt thought of yet.

I’m part of their user base and my boys no longer have any interest in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Gamestop has no real reason to exist anymore. 

Games going download doesn't help, sure, but people still need to buy controllers and accessories. Unless the counterargument is "you can buy those online too", then, yeah, sure, but why stop at GME then? You could say "every store has no real reason to exist anymore" in that case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

What do I need GameStop for when I just buy the game on my system. I can’t think of one reason of step into their store again. 

I'm anti GME, but with their user base, they can be the next twitch, tournaments, all types of stuff we havnt thought of yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

What do I need GameStop for when I just buy the game on my system. I can’t think of one reason of step into their store again. 

I can think of one....your Lebronlimab isn't going to appear from your game system.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KGB said:

I'm anti GME, but with their user base, they can be the next twitch, tournaments, all types of stuff we havnt thought of yet.

I mean, I can be a starting linebacker for the Bucs (lol no I can’t) but it doesn’t mean I will be. Have they shown any indication any of that stuff is imminent. Why would anybody use them for twitch stuff when they can just use twitch? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

I mean, I can be a starting linebacker for the Bucs (lol no I can’t) but it doesn’t mean I will be. Have they shown any indication any of that stuff is imminent. Why would anybody use them for twitch stuff when they can just use twitch? 

Like I said, I do NOT believe in GME.  But This new guy will change the company.  Dunno how yet.  Dunno if they will be a hit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Capella said:

I mean, I can be a starting linebacker for the Bucs (lol no I can’t) but it doesn’t mean I will be. Have they shown any indication any of that stuff is imminent. Why would anybody use them for twitch stuff when they can just use twitch? 

But they successfully sold dog food at a loss.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

GME already has deals in place for revenue sharing on online content.  Their online margins are probably a lot better considering how little overhead they require.

 

I don't own any shares and won't be owning any for the foreseeable future, but I do believe there is a path to success here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KGB said:

Buying RIOT in the AM.  seems to lag the BC price????

Gbtc is trading at a negative premium for the first day in its history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this for a GME business model ...

A streaming game service with all your favorite games ...

but also EXCLUSIVE games that you can only play with a subscription to their service.

Could you imagine if GME held the rights to the next Call of Duty or Fortnight?

How many subscriptions would they have then?

No need to own the games or have enough storage to hold the games ... just like we no longer own movies.

Gamestop would be the Netflix of the gaming world

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bossman said:

How about this for a GME business model ...

A streaming game service with all your favorite games ...

but also EXCLUSIVE games that you can only play with a subscription to their service.

Could you imagine if GME held the rights to the next Call of Duty or Fortnight?

How many subscriptions would they have then?

No need to own the games or have enough storage to hold the games ... just like we no longer own movies.

Gamestop would be the Netflix of the gaming world

I’ve written this before but I don’t believe this is possible. The platforms themselves sell their own exclusives and all the major publishers have their own desktop clients. GameStop would have to buy a major publisher or two in order to compete with exclusives. I don’t see it happening. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HaFo SaFo said:

Games going download doesn't help, sure, but people still need to buy controllers and accessories. Unless the counterargument is "you can buy those online too", then, yeah, sure, but why stop at GME then? You could say "every store has no real reason to exist anymore" in that case.

I can get the controller at Target or Walmart instead while I’m also getting eggs and sweatpants. (I like to try on my sweatpants before I buy them)

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that Gamestop just needs to retool and relaunch as something new seems alot like 

1. Take underpants 

2. ??

3. Profit

Sure, they have a database of customers, but it's largely outdated, and Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Twitch, EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar etc, all have better current lists and direct daily relationships with their customers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Capella said:

I mean, I can be a starting linebacker for the Bucs (lol no I can’t) but it doesn’t mean I will be. Have they shown any indication any of that stuff is imminent. Why would anybody use them for twitch stuff when they can just use twitch? 

worst analogy ever

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TripItUp said:

 

Looking at everything tonight, but wanted to overhaul my portfolio. Tech looks playable for the first time in months hence my QQQ purchase.   I'm also looking at energy, crypto, back to normal/reopening and fintech.

:thumbup: I started a TQQQ position yesterday and added more this morning.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hooter311 said:

GME already has deals in place for revenue sharing on online content.  Their online margins are probably a lot better considering how little overhead they require.

 

I don't own any shares and won't be owning any for the foreseeable future, but I do believe there is a path to success here.

IIRC, that revenue sharing model was actually terrible for them. It was a tiny slice (and only on consoles they sold) but they agreed to buy a bunch of hardware and services from Microsoft to even get it. I remember reading it was going to be profitable for Microsoft, not GameStop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

I can get the controller at Target or Walmart instead while I’m also getting eggs and sweatpants. (I like to try on my sweatpants before I buy them)

Underwear on or off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR69 said:

People still wear underwear? I guess my quarantine has been more exciting than most. 

See, even the underwear part of Gamestock's business model is outdated. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, randall146 said:

See, even the underwear part of Gamestock's business model is outdated. 

There is a GREAT joke in there somewhere but it might get me banned. 

Edited by ChiefD
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CR69 said:

IIRC, that revenue sharing model was actually terrible for them. It was a tiny slice (and only on consoles they sold) but they agreed to buy a bunch of hardware and services from Microsoft to even get it. I remember reading it was going to be profitable for Microsoft, not GameStop. 

It was. They never announced the deal and the partnership was a lame (IMHO) attempt to make it look like more than just a company buying stuff from Microsoft. They never announced anything but it was clear that the PR was misleading. There were actually rumors that they had the same deal with Sony but I don’t believe any proof was ever provided. GameStop has been closing stores and losing traffic so why give a slice to a retailer that’s no different to Target and Walmart. The only reason why there was a rush to GameStop for PS5s us because they were sold out everywhere.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Really mad at myself after watching UVXY squeeze up to about a 5% profit yesterday morning, and not hitting the Eject button.

(Again, the real problem is I bought half of this position too early.)

Same here.  Trying to get an extra point is going to cost me points or keep me in longer.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...