Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

14 minutes ago, Buckna said:

I don’t doubt your explanation or that lack of other betting options helped drive the numbers but Asians only make up 3.1% of the total population of Colorado, less than the national average. The percentages of those that bet online and average bet size vs other ethnicities must be orders of magnitude higher to drive the betting that high.

Never been to a poker room?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Replies 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Starting a new tactical position here. Going into these dividend stocks:

LUMN 8% Lumen Technologies, Inc. is an investment holding company, which engages in the provision of integrated communications to residential and business customers.

AB 10%  AllianceBernstein Holding LP engages in the provision of research, diversified investment management and related services. It offers investment trusts, mutual funds, hedge funds and other investment vehicles. 

ABBV 5% AbbVie, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company, which engages in the development and sale of pharmaceutical products. It focuses on treating conditions such as chronic autoimmune diseases in rheumatology, gastroenterology, and dermatology; oncology, including blood cancers; virology, including hepatitis C virus (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); neurological disorders, such as Parkinson's disease; metabolic diseases, comprising thyroid disease and complications associated with cystic fibrosis; pain associated with endometriosis; and other serious health conditions.

IRM 7%  Iron Mountain Incorporated is a storage and information management company. The Company provides records management, data management solutions, and information destruction services. 

NHI 6.5% National Health Investors  A real estate investment trust which invests in income producing health care properties in the long-term care industry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 2/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, eaganwildcats said:

Good month overall - current market kind of petrifies me, but not enough to do much about it I guess. 

If anyone smarter than me wants a challenge: help figure out how the $SBVRF -> $IRCLF combination is going to work. Possible 25%+ upside in like a month. I tried writing about it for more context. My attempts to get them to explain it have failed. 

Current favorite trade is buying $PSTH and selling $35 covered calls for June. Written about here, but it’s extremely attractive. Doesn’t seem like $PSTH has priced in the potential early access to $PSTH2 yet, either, making it an even better deal (could maybe even stretch the covered calls to $40). 

Read through your stuff, appreciate the good work.

Maybe I don't get it, but as you seem to be bullish on PSTH in general why complicate it and not just buy the stock outright vs also selling calls?

27 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

IRM 7%  Iron Mountain Incorporated is a storage and information management company. The Company provides records management, data management solutions, and information destruction services. 

Been on the fence on this one for a while.  They could stagnate or if their e-records initiative takes off could be a nice addition.  I need to revisit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Sand said:

Been on the fence on this one for a while.  They could stagnate or if their e-records initiative takes off could be a nice addition.  I need to revisit.

It's basically a gradual conversion of document retention warehouse space to data centers, flipping the declining business into what should be ascending business, right?

• Like 3
Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

It's basically a gradual conversion of document retention warehouse space to data centers, flipping the declining business into what should be ascending business, right?

I believe they intended it to be both a service to companies to transfer paper to e-records + a one stop shop to store both paper and e-records.  Been 6 months since I really looked at them, though.

4 minutes ago, Sand said:

I believe they intended it to be both a service to companies to transfer paper to e-records + a one stop shop to store both paper and e-records.  Been 6 months since I really looked at them, though.

My Link

Search for stock ticker YOLO returned no results....

Is the name of the company Diamond Hands Corp. or something?

Must be Canadian...

I'm sure I can find it eventually...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
1 minute ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

TAN (solar energy) and TOKE (weed) are my ETFs...any other sectors we expect to pop with the stimulus/ legislation?

I'm a fan of UFO long term.  Not necessarily stimulus related.

2 hours ago, Waingro said:

Could not sit on the sidelines any longer. Took the plunge and bought a modest 10 shares of GME at the open. 

To the mooooon! YOLO. Diamond hands and all that. 

My Link

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
2 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

Care to share these numbers?

They're in the link. Just recently GME ~doubled when the borrow cost was much lower than this and tanked ~40% when it was slightly higher. A 9% (now 4.8% btw) fee isn't propelling the stock higher.

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I wonder how many of the hedge funds have boxed positions on GME. 

More than we'll ever know IMO.

Selling a lot of my SPACs today, need to have cash available as we are looking to buy a house soon.  They served their purpose well as a place to park cash with a few up a percent or two, a few down a percent or two, and a few of them with 30-40-50% gains.

• Like 10

Light volume. I think this comes back down to earth by the close.

eta: light to average volume.

Edited by jamny
46 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Records retention isn't sexy to me, but, hey, I'm not going to judge what gets your engine turning, Bob.

:pickle:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bonfire said:

Read through your stuff, appreciate the good work.

Maybe I don't get it, but as you seem to be bullish on PSTH in general why complicate it and not just buy the stock outright vs also selling calls?

Just a risk/reward call. I am bullish "given the current crazy market conditions". However, I don't generally believe a pile of money worth $20 should trade for... more than $20**

**this is now complicated by potential early access to PSTH 2. This would be worth $4-5 imo. Going long here and selling $40 covered calls would get a cost basis around $25.5ish with significant upside if the deal pops on announcement. 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

TAN (solar energy) and TOKE (weed) are my ETFs...any other sectors we expect to pop with the stimulus/ legislation?

$TOKE is mostly Canadian companies. $MSOS is where the $$ is, imho. Not investing advice, do your own due diligence. 

2 minutes ago, JAA said:

With a strong day today and stimmy checks looming, this may be a good speculative week

20% of the stimmy checks heading to GME. We Pluto-bound soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Anyone familiar with OTRK? Seems to be a more focused TDOC in terms of behavioral health and way smaller. Don’t know how I stumbled on them but had on my watch list a couple months. It was just charging ahead and then the past week or two was falling in tandem with similar growth stocks but got halved today. They pre-reported their results and I’m assuming the Q4 was fine as it was well over 100% growth and their first profit but that their estimate for 20% growth next year killed them. Not sure if they were being conservative or not but I don’t know what the expectations were. 20% growth of $100M in sales and a $500M market cap isn’t bad right now but that’s a shocking drop. Anyway, wondering if anyone is familiar with them enough to say if it’s a stay away or a potential opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Just a risk/reward call. I am bullish "given the current crazy market conditions". However, I don't generally believe a pile of money worth $20 should trade for... more than $20**

**this is now complicated by potential early access to PSTH 2. This would be worth $4-5 imo. Going long here and selling $40 covered calls would get a cost basis around $25.5ish with significant upside if the deal pops on announcement. 

What does the PSTH 2 access mean? I have a bunch of PSTH, most bought right after it went public and SPACs weren’t crazy.

2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

20% of the stimmy checks heading to GME. We Pluto-bound soon.

Pluto was just downgraded, GB...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

$TOKE is mostly Canadian companies. $MSOS is where the $$ is, imho. Not investing advice, do your own due diligence. 

You like MSOS over MJ and TLRY?

Can people buy MARA right now? I’m on Schwab and it is kicking some error I have never seen.

Not showing the name of the company (showing a bunch of numbers), not showing any of today’s gains (shows N/A).

Just now, TripItUp said:

Was going to buy square and paypal today...oh well.

It's best to buy PayPal on a down crypto day (now that they offer Crypto)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, The General said:

Can people buy MARA right now? I’m on Schwab and it is kicking some error I have never seen.

Not showing the name of the company (showing a bunch of numbers), not showing any of today’s gains (shows N/A).

Name change is driving the N/As, etc. They're changing to Marathon Digital Holdings. My cost basis on Fidelity is pending until tomorrow for the same reason. The ticker is the same, though, and Fidelity is having no issues with a buy order.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Name change is driving the N/As, etc. They're changing to Marathon Digital Holdings. My cost basis on Fidelity is pending until tomorrow for the same reason. The ticker is the same, though, and Fidelity is having no issues with a buy order.

Thanks, didn’t realize they were doing that. 

Making sure we didn’t have a Boiler Room situation here and those dudes moved to Belize :lol:

On 2/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, SFBayDuck said:

Just sold GRAMF on this 13% spike, will look to get back in if it drops back into the low $10s.

And back in at $10.16.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Anyone familiar with OTRK? Seems to be a more focused TDOC in terms of behavioral health and way smaller. Don’t know how I stumbled on them but had on my watch list a couple months. It was just charging ahead and then the past week or two was falling in tandem with similar growth stocks but got halved today. They pre-reported their results and I’m assuming the Q4 was fine as it was well over 100% growth and their first profit but that their estimate for 20% growth next year killed them. Not sure if they were being conservative or not but I don’t know what the expectations were. 20% growth of $100M in sales and a $500M market cap isn’t bad right now but that’s a shocking drop. Anyway, wondering if anyone is familiar with them enough to say if it’s a stay away or a potential opportunity. 

They lost their biggest client: Aetna.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What does the PSTH 2 access mean? I have a bunch of PSTH, most bought right after it went public and SPACs weren’t crazy.

I was warned off them a while back from several people on the fintwit list I shared because they don’t trust the CEO. Look up prometa and Terren Peizer.

Edited by McBokonon
19 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I was warned off them a while back from several people on the fintwit list I shared because they don’t trust the CEO. Look up prometa and Terren Peizer.

I think you quoted the wrong post but I got you.

Thoughts on BITW?

It's a crypto index fund that invests in the 10 biggest cryptos. Seems like an easy way to get exposed to the sector without worrying about buying the correct "coins".

Fairly high expenses though.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Thoughts on BITW?

It's a crypto index fund that invests in the 10 biggest cryptos. Seems like an easy way to get exposed to the sector without worrying about buying the correct "coins".

Fairly high expenses though.

Very low volume, can swing wildly.

:kicksrock:

For those of us who track monthly, b it would have been nice if today was February 29!