What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Im guessing with the passing of the stimulus bill the speculators are coming back.  All my pennies are up pretty big today (down overall still).

I know this sounds corny, and Im beating a drum here, but Im still bullish on March Madness.  If we can pull off an exciting tourney, get peoples spirits up and positive, I wanna bet on a optimist economic outlook.  Will that mean people will spend money?  Im speculating that if people are in a good mood then they are more than likely to gamble on sports, spending, and on stocks.  A positive culture catalyst if you will ...

🕊️

Wondering if I did this with tesla.

Long term I’d have to think there is very little chance of you losing money here. 
Yeah it's definitely a looooong-term hold for me, just a bit frustrating right now. Need to remember that it's been a frustrating stock in the past, too -- it peaked at $56 in August 2018, dropped, and didn't recapture that high until October 2019. Then it went up 150%. It'd be good for me to stop watching it so closely all the time, but I probably won't. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
NajehHejan said:
@Todem If bond rates continue to increase, do you see GCV continuing to drop in price? Are the two directly correlated?
I see rates stabilizing here over the next month or two. GCV is a great long term hold. I would buy more with the recent drop.

I love convertibles period. Great asset class to always have in your portfolio. 

EBS is really cheap here folks......forward PE of 9 and change and their revenues keep growing (40 plus percent revenue growth). 

Great stock here. The market has it wrong about this one.

If you never got into BLDP.....now is a great chance to get into this hydrogen fuel cell monster.

@Chadstroma - any thoughts on this article?

Basically the CEO of UWMC issued an ultimatum to brokers to stop using Rocket Mortgage and Fairway Independent Mortgage Group.

Not sure what to make of all of this and how it will relate to the stock price going forward. Was about to throw some more dough into this but saw some articles on this today.

If this has been posted already I apologize but I didn't see anything. 
It is a huge thing in the broker community. Earth shattering level of event because it is unprecedented. Quicken/Rocket is the largest lender period. Because of brokers growing rapidly again and gaining a significant market share (brokers were near extinct a few years after the 2008 crash), Quicken has made a strong push in their wholesale division as a result. I do believe they are second in volume in wholesale. UWM is by far the number one wholesaler lender by volume and it isn't close. Though Quicken does more loans than UWM with their retail and wholesale, UWM only does wholesale. They live or die, win or lose on brokers. They have invested a lot into helping brokers be successful. On the other hand, Rocket does a whole lot to undermine the entire broker channel. UWM has had enough and basically is saying if you want to do business with Rocket and Fairway, go ahead but you aren't going to do business with us. 

A whole lot of reaction to it. There are a lot of brokers (like me) who do business with UWM but would never consider sending a loan to Rocket or Fairway anyways (I got 50 something lenders I can use so I have no need to). For brokers like me, there is a strong community and our chosen professional association strongly advocates for it, there are three camps: 1) Where do I sign? 2) I want to sign but I am concerned about some language in the addendum 3) I don't like this and it bothers me, not sure what I will do yet. #3 seems to be a very small minority. 

Most lenders who do business with Rocket also do business with UWM. It is very unusual for anyone to do business with Rocket and/or Fairway and not UWM. Many of these brokers are very upset. Essentially, they are being told that they can not have their cake, eat it and then have cookies after anymore. Some will decide to sign with UWM and some not. 

Rocket, as you might expect, is running a full court press to try to get as many brokers on their side. 

UWM is betting on themselves here. They may lose some brokers but they also announced a number of things along with this that should see them be the clear lender that you want to work with. 

This has sent a Cold War into WWIII between Rocket and UWM though for sure. My money is and will continue to be on UWM but Rocket will continue to fool people into over spending with them because of their ridiculous marketing machine. I think this may slow Rocket in wholesale with brokers but they have been pushing relationships with companies like State Farm for example to send loans to them which they will continue to push hard with. 

I see rates stabilizing here over the next month or two. GCV is a great long term hold. I would buy more with the recent drop.

EBS is really cheap here folks......forward PE of 9 and change and their revenues keep growing (40 plus percent revenue growth). 

If you never got into BLDP.....now is a great chance to get into this hydrogen fuel cell monster.
Almost a double on BHC and it had grown to the biggest holding in my Roth so I trimmed some of that and will pick up some EBS.

BLDP doesnt look like its at the bottom.  How much farther do you think it could go?

I should have averaged down more on GME, even on the uptick.  Such a rookie mistake with my cost basis of ~140.

The month long trend of lower lows and lower highs in the Nas and S&P continues. Hopefully that breaks soon.

Fondly remembering when I "bought the dip" on AAPL at $132 in January. Classic bull trap and I fell right in. 
You will be fine. Sit tight with that.
Todem- thanks.  I bought my shares in AAPL with the long view in mind so I’m not really sweating it, but with that said why do you think it’s tanking so hard over the past week plus.  

I know, you can't hide money and I'm a big roller. Bought 1 share of SE at the close which officially fills my position there.

Bought 1 share of AMZN at close as well

Bought 20 BLDP per @Todemand bought next part of my PINS position. Would have bought some EBS but already had filled that position and am down a bit there.

Dipped my toes in with a small amount in PEJ in my HSA account where I was all cash. Hopefully reopening stocks can fight off the general downtrend. 

GME finishing strong at the moment.  Lots of momentum to push below $200.  If it settles around $190 I think thats a great sign for tomorrow.  Maybe this is the week of the squeeze?

GME finishing strong at the moment.  Lots of momentum to push below $200.  If it settles around $190 I think thats a great sign for tomorrow.  Maybe this is the week of the squeeze?
Massive calls hit on 3/19. My best guess is 3/20 is Pay Day

Massive calls hit on 3/19. My best guess is 3/20 is Pay Day
The candlestick chart for today, and the last hour, is so beautiful.  Looks to be 50/50 @192.  That is a good sign of purchases happening.  There will be some paper hands, but it doesnt look like enough.

I find my GME purchase history entertaining in a idiotic look-at-me-im-a-moron sort of way.  Also amateurish with all those market orders.  But here we are today and this blind ape is now up ~35%.  Ill check back in when Im (35%).

Buy    *        GME    Market    236.9999        --        --    10:52:01 02/01/21
Buy    *        GME    Market    150.7384        --        --    09:31:44 02/02/21
Buy    *        GME    Market    160.00        --        --    09:32:44 02/25/21
Buy    *        GME    Limit    117.06        --        --    09:30:10 02/26/21
Buy    *        GME    Market    123.2197        --        --    10:27:59 02/26/21
I tried to buy some more at 95 but missed.

* - I had the quantities in, but decided to take out :shrug: .  I'm definitely no :lambo:

RIOT spiked at $77 on 2/17 ... when Bitcoin was pretty much at the same price as it is today.

Guess the excitement of $50k bitcoin ... and bitcoin mining has worn off
That and I think RIOT was at the point where you were paying a 1000000000000000% multiple over their annual mining output :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread