Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

And I’ll just say that it broke under the 100 day. The 200 day is just below 180 and the way the market is going I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go there. If it does I’m loading up.

Yeah, I’m nibbling but getting ready to load back up. If we get to those March 5th lows then I probably push the rest of the cash in and enjoy a relaxing year. You are in a bunch that I’m in and they haven’t done well lately.

At least my nibble at the end of yesterday on UPST is doing OK.

Edited by stbugs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Atomic Punk said:

I just realized if I left my money in BLMN that I started out with this spring, I would be up 350%.

Instead I moved it all over the place and I’m “only” up 100%.

I got out too early as well. That a restaurant chain is worth ~35% more now than pre-pandemic is just insanity to me. I agree with the narrative that when things fully open up that lots of people will be spending, then I see stuff like this and think how can we not be in a bubble?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Buckna said:

I got out too early as well. That a restaurant chain is worth ~35% more now than pre-pandemic is just insanity to me. I agree with the narrative that when things fully open up that lots of people will be spending, then I see stuff like this and think how can we not be in a bubble?

Yeah, it’s funny that people have been talking about the tech bubble when many restaurant/finance/travel related stocks are at all time highs even though their numbers haven’t recovered or are flat with little to no growth. Some were just meh stocks before the pandemic and now they are priced like they are better than before even if they took on more debt due to closures and aren’t back to fully normal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Am I the only one who can’t even get on the GameStop website? Says access denied. Googling it, it doesn’t sound like an uncommon problem. Only website I’ve encountered that with. 

Working for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Am I the only one who can’t even get on the GameStop website? Says access denied. Googling it, it doesn’t sound like an uncommon problem. Only website I’ve encountered that with. 

I just tried and got on. Felt the gamma squeeze as the page loaded. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, beef said:

FNKO will be a real nice day trader if these 10-20% swings keep happening.  

Kind of already is...

Yeah, I'll get out of it some time today. All NFT's are popping, so I'll let it ride for the day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beef said:

CNBC going with the "Snoozing Kitty" name.  They really are pissed off about GME.    

I was the exact opposite prior as they said that they were all impressed by the DD of retail investors to find, understand and exploit the suspicious numbers.  The issue is we're plebes and the system is rigged against us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looking for a break even on DM, jumping in for some DCA shares at 17.50. lowest mark for it this calendar year is 17.38, hoping to see it back in the 20+ range in the next few days for my exit. may need to buy some more at these prices to get my basis down to 20. fwiw i understood this was a LT play and i'm just getting impatient with it. LT play in this day and age is anything held more than a week, amiright? time to update the capital gains tax rules accordingly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It doesn’t really help the company. If they release more shares to take advantage of a squeeze, the shares tank. The only people that benefit would be the WSB folks which is why they want it. It’s also entirely possible that a recall would do nothing as the “synthetic” shares isn’t real and the outstanding shares isn’t crazy high.

Thats not true.  The price of the stock would skyrocket.  This would draw a line in the sand of the good guys vs bad guys (synthetics shares are bad. always).  The free marketing of this situation would pay huge and lifelong dividends to the brand of the company.  It would also send a message to the HF stating "dont #### with us or we will make you pay".  You will have defined a company brand for an entire generation.  Like literally 30 years GME would be un-bankruptable.

I still have not heard one valid reason why the company would not recall the shares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JAA said:

Thats not true.  The price of the stock would skyrocket.  This would draw a line in the sand of the good guys vs bad guys (synthetics shares are bad. always).  The free marketing of this situation would pay huge and lifelong dividends to the brand of the company.  It would also send a message to the HF stating "dont #### with us or we will make you pay".  You will have defined a company brand for an entire generation.  Like literally 30 years GME would be un-bankruptable.

I still have not heard one valid reason why the company would not recall the shares.

Someone or somebodies are paying them not to?

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tonydead said:
11 minutes ago, JAA said:

Thats not true.  The price of the stock would skyrocket.  This would draw a line in the sand of the good guys vs bad guys (synthetics shares are bad. always).  The free marketing of this situation would pay huge and lifelong dividends to the brand of the company.  It would also send a message to the HF stating "dont #### with us or we will make you pay".  You will have defined a company brand for an entire generation.  Like literally 30 years GME would be un-bankruptable.

I still have not heard one valid reason why the company would not recall the shares.

Someone or somebodies are paying them not to?

Im no :tinfoilhat:, but maybe the HF ties run deep?  Maybe its the current CEO?  Maybe there are additional ramifications or implications of recalling the shares, I dont know.  But of the reasons currently on the table to not recall the shares, none add up on the long game side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JAA said:

Thats not true.  The price of the stock would skyrocket.  This would draw a line in the sand of the good guys vs bad guys (synthetics shares are bad. always).  The free marketing of this situation would pay huge and lifelong dividends to the brand of the company.  It would also send a message to the HF stating "dont #### with us or we will make you pay".  You will have defined a company brand for an entire generation.  Like literally 30 years GME would be un-bankruptable.

I still have not heard one valid reason why the company would not recall the shares.

I still haven't heard what criteria is needed for a company to do a recall.

I have to think there are ground rules ... Or Tesla, and hundreds of other highly shorted companies, would have done this sever times over.

Can someone find ONE example of a company recalling their stocks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, General Malaise said:

Think I've had about enough of this Greyscale.

Everything is getting crushed though.  Not a good day to sell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JAA said:

 

I still have not heard one valid reason why the company would not recall the shares.

 

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

 

The people who lent the shares are the ones who recall the shares, not the company. 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

@McBokonon, NNOX dipping below $40.  Any new thoughts on progress?

It's FDA or bust. Based on the timeline, mid-April at the absolute latest but it seems like it's gonna be sooner. I think there's a decent chance this Sunday night we might hear something. FDA does a release of their 510K's every week at that time and we're in that window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

It's FDA or bust. Based on the timeline, mid-April at the absolute latest but it seems like it's gonna be sooner. I think there's a decent chance this Sunday night we might hear something. FDA does a release of their 510K's every week at that time and we're in that window.

Is there somewhere to see this list every week on their website or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bossman said:

I still haven't heard what criteria is needed for a company to do a recall.

I have to think there are ground rules ... Or Tesla, and hundreds of other highly shorted companies, would have done this sever times over.

Can someone find ONE example of a company recalling their stocks?

Some reading:

"Recalling shares"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.investor.gov/introduction-investing/investing-basics/glossary/proving-securities-ownership

Quote

Brokerage Firm

If you bought the security through a brokerage firm, contact the firm and ask if they have a record of your ownership.  Brokerage firms are required to keep records for only six years.  Copies of confirmations are only required to be kept for three years.  In many cases, brokers may retain records longer at their own discretion

I just sent a BIGDEAL email to TD Ameritrade asking if they have a record of my ownership of my GME shares

:bowtie:

:coffee:

:bag:

🚀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Is there somewhere to see this list every week on their website or something?

Yeah. I found it once before and can try again later. It's actually a weekly summary so the actual announcement/decision could happen any day and probably will. And then $NNOX will issue a press release and we'll either celebrate or break things then.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, David Dodds said:

 Hell, I ordered a thousand dollars worth of stuff the past few weeks alone.

This is where I think GME can't be compared to Chewy.  

I spend probably 500 dollars every 2 months with Chewy because all my items are perishable.  GME products have a much longer life span and less need for them after purchased once.  Huge advantage to chewy imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

This is where I think GME can't be compared to Chewy.  

I spend probably 500 dollars every 2 months with Chewy because all my items are perishable.  GME products have a much longer life span and less need for them after purchased once.  Huge advantage to chewy imo.

You also can’t download Alpo online

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys seem a tad more stressed about GME than me. I am at peace day trading the hell out of this. 

Sell 1/2 of what you own at the open. 

Set block sells at +$2 intervals above the market open.

Once this reverses, subtract $10 from your average price you sold at and start buying back.

I am back to managing shares (not worried about price). I have lost money today (on paper), but I have the same shares I started with and have pocketed $12,000+ already. I can do this forever, but I still expect the squeeze will happen.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a small amount of FNKO yesterday. I was too pre-occupied trying to figure out an exit time on my AMC Puts to really get too involved. 

Any plays on FNKO you guys are looking at or are you just day trading it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Papa Georgio said:

Got a small amount of FNKO yesterday. I was too pre-occupied trying to figure out an exit time on my AMC Puts to really get too involved. 

Any plays on FNKO you guys are looking at or are you just day trading it? 

I am holding until they launch NFTs and re-evaluate. I think this is a 10X stock if NFT is successful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I am holding until they launch NFTs and re-evaluate. I think this is a 10X stock if NFT is successful.

That was my plan. I read where you had mentioned it and thought it was a nice stash. I will probably increase my position once I free up some cash this week. I wish I had played GME like you. I got out on the way down from the March peak but got back in and now I am underwater a little on it. I was going to play that 200-220 range we were getting and got caught with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beef said:

QS dropping almost 20% because they issued 13mil shares seems a bit of an overreaction.   

I was looking at this earlier today and thinking the same thing... but I'm such a noob I was questioning my calc's to figure where the settling point should be with the new shares. So, I'm just continuing to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

I was looking at this earlier today and thinking the same thing... but I'm such a noob I was questioning my calc's to figure where the settling point should be with the new shares. So, I'm just continuing to watch. 

I'm holding long term for now.  My average cost per share is around 40, and I have enough shares to feel comfortable too.  But if it does dip below 40 I will start buying more.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...