What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (26 Viewers)

Capella said:
HC Wainwright upped HGEN to 36 a share. 

The stock is down 5%
This reminds me of a stock I owned in the mid-90's when I was still learning about stonks.   I bought is at $12 and it was trading at $24.  Some analyst was on CNBC and put a tartget of $32.   So I bought more because, hey, great deal right!

A year later they were bankrupt.

I own HGEN too.

Hating $NNOX more and more.
Had an order ready to sell my NNOX 2x today ... I can't bring myself to pull the trigger and accept such a rediculous loss.

I'm trying not to look at it but it's crushing my "for fun" portfolio.

Can't believe it's trading at less than before FDA clearance. Makes zero sense.

I really need to consider shorting more stocks. Seems like a much easier route than trying to pick winners.

Brutal day for my FBG portfolio.  Have 20 stocks in my Etrade fun money account and down at least 7% today in 5 of those (DKNG, HGEN, NNOX, QS, UUUU).  Not too concerned but interesting nonetheless. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@hooter311, but interested in the thoughts of all.

How much of the money in GBTC, miners (MARA, RIOT), and ancillary plays (SI) do we think gets soaked up by the $COIN listing? Enough to matter to those investments? Currently kicking this around with @JerseyToughGuys a bit. 

When all those early investors in $COIN cash out, where do we think that money's going? I'd bet a fair amount goes right back into crypto in some manner. So do we see a pop in BTC as a result following the $COIN listing? If so, do the miners continue to benefit at the same rate they have or will outflows to $COIN be significant enough to mute/offset their usual reactions to BTC movement?

Just curious how people are thinking about this, if they are at all.
miners currently drifting away from spot BTC for no good reason

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/n9LTYN7I-Drifting/

COIN effect?

Brutal day for my FBG portfolio.  Have 20 stocks in my Etrade fun money account and down at least 7% today in 5 of those (DKNG, HGEN, NNOX, QS, UUUU).  Not too concerned but interesting nonetheless. 
Same.  All but a coupe pennies and RBLX brutal.  Overall 2.25 down day

:sadbanana:

Real nice lunchtime run and looks to be continuing.  Big money pouring in?

Should have put this one in my Roth and not my DT account.  Have a feeling I'll be holding this one for years.
I got busy this morning and missed it when it was barely up this morning.  Now I'm just going to wait to see if it retreats a bit tomorrow.

COIN effect?
It’s not surprising if you look at RIOT’s last update. Right now they have 1600 BTC. While that seems like a lot, it’s only $100M. They are worth $4.5B. While I know they will continue to make more Bitcoin, they are only making what becomes profit, so that’s still a pretty big multiple to pay. I’d think that while they are increasing mining rigs, everyone else is as well so will it get more difficult and less profitable?

Someone like COIN is more of a Fintech, measured more like a PayPal or Visa, etc. not just based on total Bitcoin.

It’s not surprising if you look at RIOT’s last update. Right now they have 1600 BTC. While that seems like a lot, it’s only $100M. They are worth $4.5B. While I know they will continue to make more Bitcoin, they are only making what becomes profit, so that’s still a pretty big multiple to pay. I’d think that while they are increasing mining rigs, everyone else is as well so will it get more difficult and less profitable?

Someone like COIN is more of a Fintech, measured more like a PayPal or Visa, etc. not just based on total Bitcoin.
And not as directly correlated to spot BTC, for better or worse.

COIN effect?
I think momentum. This morning BTC looked like it was headed north, and the miners reflected that. You get outsized bets because they seem to provide leverage to the spot movement. It has since settled and even come back a bit. So as it hits $60,100 headed north, your premium for the miners is increasing. Whereas it can be at that same $60,100 point coming back down from $60,300, and your premium on the miners is going to shrink despite the price movement from open being exactly the same.

It's a theory. I haven't charted it or anything.

Sure, but that hasn't changed from this morning when it was up 5.5% with BTC at $60,150 to now, when it's up 1.5% with BTC at $60,150. Which is where I think he's going with that post.

I continue to average down.  I know Im not ever selling for a loss so might as well reduce CB.

BTW - my @140 hit and I put another limit order in for @120.  YMMV
I've been feeling this way about UWHM. 

not quite the same thing but that's been falling and I keep averaging down.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Sure, but that hasn't changed from this morning when it was up 5.5% with BTC at $60,150 to now, when it's up 1.5% with BTC at $60,150. Which is where I think he's going with that post.
I gotcha. I was just saying that if miners are directly tied to the dot prices, they look really overpriced. I know they can increase capacity, but so is everyone else. I think that may be part of the disconnect as they are like hold mining stocks. They do well with higher prices but they aren’t directly correlated. If BTC miners were, they’d need to drop a good amount first.

A nice flat day feels good every once in a while. The stocks I own more of seemed to make up for some decent drops on some of the stocks I don’t own as much of or I did but not now that they’ve dropped.

As someone mentioned above, KALA is annoying AF. I’m very ready to just dump the stuff I don’t own as much of but don’t care about (SPACs and underperformers) and just finish the positions I wanted to open and stop paying as much attention for a while. 

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
My order to double down on STMH is for $0.58, and it appeared to touch that today, but it also appears that order did not fill. Is this the Fates trying to protect me from myself?

@hooter311, but interested in the thoughts of all.

How much of the money in GBTC, miners (MARA, RIOT), and ancillary plays (SI) do we think gets soaked up by the $COIN listing? Enough to matter to those investments? Currently kicking this around with @JerseyToughGuys a bit. 

When all those early investors in $COIN cash out, where do we think that money's going? I'd bet a fair amount goes right back into crypto in some manner. So do we see a pop in BTC as a result following the $COIN listing? If so, do the miners continue to benefit at the same rate they have or will outflows to $COIN be significant enough to mute/offset their usual reactions to BTC movement?

Just curious how people are thinking about this, if they are at all.
Not enough to matter imo.

Coinbase has surprisingly weak holdings of actual crypto assets.

Well, NVCR is doing me right today. Pretty sure I posted about it in here, but I don’t recall if anyone followed. Bought 50 shares last July, tripled now with the 55% jump today. Bought INSP (doubled) and KNSL (up a whole 1%) at the same time. Good investment overall for all 3, but damn it if I didn’t invest a little more in INSP and KNSL. No idea why, probably just based on share counts. Not planning on selling any of the 3, seem like good long term buys.

Been a wild ride down with GME, but I continue to execute this strategy pretty well.

Sell 1,500 shares at the open. Add those shares back starting at open -7 and finishing at open -10. Sometimes get a second wave a bit lower. Rinse and repeat each day.

Since I value the stock at $180 today, I actually have added to my overall position and now fluctuate between 3,500 and 5,000 shares daily.

I think this Friday (options expiry) and Tuesday 4/20 are going to be big days.

Someone added massive option positions (to an already explosive gamma train). It could be a trigger or a last ditch effort from the bad guys. I still think we moon soon and will be watching Friday (4/16) through Tuesday (4/20) very carefully.

For those still diamond-handing, best of luck.

Been a wild ride down with GME, but I continue to execute this strategy pretty well.

Sell 1,500 shares at the open. Add those shares back starting at open -7 and finishing at open -10. Sometimes get a second wave a bit lower. Rinse and repeat each day.

Since I value the stock at $180 today, I actually have added to my overall position and now fluctuate between 3,500 and 5,000 shares daily.

I think this Friday (options expiry) and Tuesday 4/20 are going to be big days.

Someone added massive option positions (to an already explosive gamma train). It could be a trigger or a last ditch effort from the bad guys. I still think we moon soon and will be watching Friday (4/16) through Tuesday (4/20) very carefully.

For those still diamond-handing, best of luck.
I've got cubic zirconia hands and got back in at $150. Hoping for the moon.  

My CYDY, HGEN and GME portfolio has been brutal lately.  I just don’t understand the continued HGEN drop at all.  
I think it’s because the EUA will take a month and people know that. So it can be played with in between then. Just guessing though. 

Same here.  I timed UWMC horribly and have been DCAing every week since.  It's one I don't mind at all going long on though.    
Same.  I love cheap stocks that pay a nice dividend.  I keep buying more when it hits $7.50.  If that happens a couple of more times it will be my largest Etrade holding.  

Users who are viewing this thread