What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

No idea why people are upset by what she said and wrote. :shrug:

She's a flake.

As are most of the entertainment types.

My Issue with her was her guest hosting performance.

She made the show about her.

Over and over.

No reason she should be cancelled, any more than that dork producer should have been.

Marky-Mark.

Snoop-Dog.

We pick and choose who we cancel, and apparently these days it's only about what is said, not actual violent-crime.

He was a minor at that time.  Deal.
Tell that to his victims. 

Its like someone waves the magic minor wand and everything is honky dory.  

POINT?

Public forgave him for actions that actually harmed people where he consciously chose to make them victims instead of saying something that didn't target or harm anyone unless they were playing the role of a victim by choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

POINT?

Public forgave him for actions that actually harmed people where he consciously chose to make them victims instead of saying something that didn't target or harm anyone unless they were playing the role of a victim by choice.
Can you please elaborate? You said that he was arrested, what more do you think should have been done? Should we shun him for the rest of his life? Should he have to wear a sign around his neck?

I’m just curious where you’re going with this. 

Can you please elaborate? You said that he was arrested, what more do you think should have been done? Should we shun him for the rest of his life? Should he have to wear a sign around his neck?

I’m just curious where you’re going with this. 
Do you think we should shun Mayim for the rest of her life for what she said?

I'm just curios where you're going with this.

Bracie Smathers said:

POINT?

Wow.  So the fact that he did stupid things as a child some how isn't relevant?  The fact that he actually grew up and didn't repeat that behaviour isn't relevant?  You have a problem.

Better to have Ken or Buzzy as the new host as opposed to these johnny-come-latelies that don't have a connection to the show.  
Agree, should have been Buzzy as the day to day, and then Ken as the Prime Time special host since non-Jeopardy people would have heard of him.

They still could have done the months of guest hosts as a special thing, and to give them an idea in case they needed someone in a hurry (one gets sick or something)

She also has a PhD in Neuroscience.  So, there is that.

And Dr. Oz is an MD and was a very successful cardiothoracic surgeon, but was rightly panned by many Jeopardy fans as a potential host because he has used his authority as a doctor to promote pseudoscience and alternative medicine, which was seen as contradictory to Jeopardy's values of facts and truth.  While not on his same level, I don't think Bialik should get a pass.

She's been anti-vax, just not the "vaccination is an abomination and nobody should ever get vaccinated type" but more the "vaccination might be good for society, but it's not natural and not for me and my family" kind.  Those are the kind that say they aren't anti-vax, but spread fear of things like "too much too soon" (ignoring the science behind the vaccine schedule). These are sometimes more dangerous because they come across as more level-headed and convincing, especially when she throws the weight of her PhD behind it.

But she's also a supporter of homeopathy (which is blatant pseudoscience), was (is?) a member and spokesperson for the Holistic Moms Network which supports and spreads the belief in homeopathy and anti-vax views among other problematic things.  And more recently, she peddled "brain-boosting snake oil", again using the weight of her PhD to make it seem like the science was sound. 

So yeah, still not to the level of Dr. Oz, but I'm actually surprised she's gotten the pass she has had so far among Jeopardy fans.

Plus, that annoying little laugh every time someone got an answer correct...

I really hope his first show as the new, full time host, he starts with a long statement about how humbled he is in taking the reigns, a tribute to Alex, and then something about filling his shoes for a long time. Really hope it isn't edited out. 

My initial reaction is that I'd agree and say me neither, but I actually don't know.  I'm pretty sure  I've not watched a show more than once because of the host.

I won't be watching any episodes that annoying nerd woman hosts.

I won't be watching any episodes that annoying nerd woman hosts.
I'll be using that fast forward button a lot.  A lot.  A LOT.  Also mumbling at the TV.

I'm kind of hoping exposure will let others see the problem, and she'll be replaced after a couple of years.

I too think he is better than James.  I have been watching Jeopardy way back during Ken's run and I think Matt is the most knowledgeable champion. I also like that he quotes a specific dollar amount every time he hits a daily double (never says all in , bet it all, or make it a true daily double).

Matt Amodio moved into solo third for consecutive games won (21) last night.

Final score - $62.4K v 15.2K - looks like another easy Peary runaway, but Maureen  was matching him clue clue. When he found the DD1, doubling up to $10.8K, she was at $4.2K. From there he only won $400 while she added $3K, making it $11.2K v $7.2K. She answered more questions correctly than he did during the round.

But Matt took control early in the DJ round, quickly found (& answered correctly) bot DD2 + DD3, then added $20K on FJ.

He’s human. He can be beaten. But you’re gonna to have to be exceptional at timing the ringer and you best not miss.

ETA: 21-day total through September 15 is $740,001. The old mark for consecutive wins was 20. He moved into third place for total winnings back on August 12, his 18th straight win and the final contest of Season 37.

Next target is James Holzhauer‘s streak of 32. If the streak continues, #33 will be aired on October 1st.

The all-time leader, of course, is Ken Jennings with 74. I’m not sure of the Jeopardy schedule around holidays but #74 and #75 would occur the week after Thanksgiving. 

Users who are viewing this thread