What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (6 Viewers)

• Robin Roberts
  • LeVar Burton
  • David Faber
  • Joe Buck
  •  Mike Richards
We can add Amy Farrah Fowler (she is a nueroscientist!!) to the list.    Not sure who would be the host of the next Tournament of Champions (maybe Buzzy takes those), but I am guessing he makes it 7.

Since this is the closest thing we have to a "Joe Buck on gameshows" thread, did anyone else catch the terrible move he made on Celebrity Family Feud? 

No, what happened?
Fourth round, whoever won it was going to Fast Money. Question was "we asked 100 men, name a woman in your life who is smarter than you." Oliver Hudson family played and got three strikes with one answer left on the board. For the steal, Buck says best friend. The last answer was boss. His wife and daughters threw a fit because they had agreed in the huddle that they were going to answer boss, but Joe went rogue. 

Fourth round, whoever won it was going to Fast Money. Question was "we asked 100 men, name a woman in your life who is smarter than you." Oliver Hudson family played and got three strikes with one answer left on the board. For the steal, Buck says best friend. The last answer was boss. His wife and daughters threw a fit because they had agreed in the huddle that they were going to answer boss, but Joe went rogue. 

Irony :lmao:

Bialik has done pretty well in her first couple of shows back.

Haven't noticed her talking about herself even once.

Unsure if she's still even Jewish...

Calling it now.

Bialik will be the lone host of Jeopardy in time.

Jennings will be there only until Bialik's TV sitcom goes off the air.

Then Jennings will be out, with the unofficial reason being the cancel folks dwelling on his old tweets.

Calling it now.

Bialik will be the lone host of Jeopardy in time.

Jennings will be there only until Bialik's TV sitcom goes off the air.

Then Jennings will be out, with the unofficial reason being the cancel folks dwelling on his old tweets.
That could be 2-3 years, they're not going to give that reason to dump Jennings then if it's nothing different from what they know now. Can't fire a guy for stuff that's already been hashed out in public when you hired him.

That would be like booking Bill Cosby to do a comedy tour, then in 2025 canceling it and going "we just found out he's got some issues in his past..."

That could be 2-3 years, they're not going to give that reason to dump Jennings then if it's nothing different from what they know now. Can't fire a guy for stuff that's already been hashed out in public when you hired him.

That would be like booking Bill Cosby to do a comedy tour, then in 2025 canceling it and going "we just found out he's got some issues in his past..."

We'll see

Bialik has done pretty well in her first couple of shows back.

Haven't noticed her talking about herself even once.

Unsure if she's still even Jewish...
Yeah, I'm still not a fan, but at least she's cleaned up some of the stuff (like laughing too much) that made her especially irritating.

So how many people has this champion murdered? O/u 4.5

Dude is insanely creepy.  It's so weird how he always answers "what is....." when it's a person's name. Almost like he just sees others as objects rather than living beings.....

Dude is insanely creepy.  It's so weird how he always answers "what is....." when it's a person's name. Almost like he just sees others as objects rather than living beings.....
I don’t care for it either,  but as others have pointed out, it’s a way to simplify the game. He’s only focusing on the answer not Who, What , Where to start off.

He also never gives a person’s  first name unless he has to.

Huh. I don't find him creepy at all.  Definitely rooting for him. And they are looking for a word or phrase, whether it's an object, name, place, date, etc.  He is just telling (asking?) them "what" word or phrase he thinks they are looking for.  

Does anyone get annoyed that they don't respond, "Where is Germany?" or "When is 1812?"

I thought the guy on the right had a shot today, as he obviously had a quick trigger and was getting a bunch early ones right.  But Matt must have known he had him the second the guy got the first DD and didn't risk it all.

Gutsy betting all on the second round DD.  If he misses that one he would have lost. He may have come back and took the lead but It wouldn't have been a runaway and he missed FJ. The other guy was good and quick on the buzzer.  If those 2 played 5 games he'd probably win a couple, at least. 

I thought the guy on the right had a shot today, as he obviously had a quick trigger and was getting a bunch early ones right.  But Matt must have known he had him the second the guy got the first DD and didn't risk it all.
Someone on another site said that wimpy betting move probably cost him the game

I’ll take more of Johnny Gilbert reading music lyrics. Let’s do rap next.
Matt was definitely out of his depth on that category. And either they edited it out, or maybe she's more seasoned now and was able to show restraint, but I thought for sure Bialik was going to insert a quip about "Beaches" and her connection when that song was an answer.

Now tied for second with James Holzhauer for most consecutive games won with 32.

r/Jeopardy! has a plausible theory:

Matt is working on his PhD in computer sciences, focusing on machine learning and artificial intelligence. Today he told Mayim Bialik that most of his research is done and now he just has to compile it all into his dissertation.

So… Matt Amodio is actually a robot using AI to compete on Jeopardy! and quite possibly the newest generation of Watson

Besides going over $!M this week ($1,212,401), last night Matt answered his 1,000 correct question in his 32nd game. By the end of their 33rd game, James and Ken had answered 1,186 and 1,158 correctly.

In terms of cash winnings, after 33 games James was at $2,462,216 and Ken was at $1,100.460.

Matt Amodio
@AmodioMatt

Tomorrow on #Jeopardy I have the chance to remind everybody how much better than me @James_Holzhauer is in literally every way

It would be an honor to be unfavorably compared to a person I admire so much!

10:58 PM · Sep 29, 2021·Twitter Web App

Of the Top 37 Coryat Scores of all-time, Matt has 3 games, James had 11, and Ken had 13. Those three hold all of the Top 13 spots:

2004-06-10 Ken Jennings $39,200

2021-07-29 Matt Amodio $39,000

2019-05-01 James Holzhauer $38,200

2021-08-09 Matt Amodio $38,200

2019-04-30 James Holzhauer $37,800

2004-07-23 Ken Jennings $37,600

2019-05-27 James Holzhauer $37,600

2004-07-13 Ken Jennings $37,200

2019-05-03 James Holzhauer $37,200

2004-09-15 Ken Jennings $37,000

2019-04-17 James Holzhauer $36,600

2004-10-08 Ken Jennings $36,400

2004-11-24 Ken Jennings $36,200

1997-06-04 *Wes Ulm ($18,000) $36,000

2004-11-05 Ken Jennings $36,000

2019-04-16 James Holzhauer $36,000

1992-05-21 *Jerome Vered ($17,900) $35,800

2004-09-17 Ken Jennings $35,800

2004-06-11 Ken Jennings $35,400

2019-04-09 James Holzhauer $35,400

2003-04-14 Brian Weikle $35,000

2010-09-14 Roger Craig $34,400

2019-04-23 James Holzhauer $34,000

2004-06-24 Ken Jennings $33,800

1994-09-07 *Steve Chernicoff ($16,800) $33,600

1997-09-04 *Dan Melia ($16,800) $33,600

2019-04-22 James Holzhauer $33,600

2019-05-31 James Holzhauer $33,600

2004-09-09 Ken Jennings $33,400

2015-10-08 Matt Jackson $33,400

2019-04-18 James Holzhauer $33,400

2004-06-17 Ken Jennings $33,200

2004-07-20 Ken Jennings $33,200

2019-09-13 Jason Zuffranier i$33,200

2021-08-10 Matt Amodio $33,200

2005-07-11 David Madden $33,000

2011-09-29 Chris Fleitas $33,000 

Didn't get any daily doubles and missed FJ. Surely that was a first for him. Look forward to seeing him back in tourney of champions. 

Matt slow on the buzzer today.

I think if it had been one strong player, he would have been fine. An interesting tourney idea would be Tournament of Players steamrolled by Matt, because he beat some really good players. But tonight he had one player strong in STEM and the other is from the art world, so between them they had good coverage. He didn’t have his typical advantage in any area where he could get on a roll and wipe the board.

He was behind both Ken and James in questions answered correctly and average win total. Both those guys dominate the Top 30 Coryat scores, and they are still the only two in the GoAT discussion. Still, Matt had two of the four best Coryat of all-time! He had said me amazing games and his legend status is solid.

My girlfriend started calling him “my friend Matt” bc he seems like the kind of guy you’d meet at trivia night who would be friendly, fun & interesting. She was really bummed out it ended. Very likable Champion and it was super fun watching him every night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Bialik at all.  Still super frumpy and she also makes multiple grammatical errors per episode:  "That's him."  "That's them."  etc 

identikit said:
I was a big critic of Byalik in her initial hosting gig, but she's been doing well upon her return.

Hope it continues....

The only part of her actual game hosting that still bugs me is her "Oh" and "Wow" reactions when someone reveals a daily double, but she hopefully changes that up a bit, too.

There's still the whole brain-boosting supplement garbage - and I have a feeling they're taking advantage of her being host by showing more of these commercials (at least I notice more of them) - and her other pseudoscience, but I agree she's not as annoying on the show as I thought she'd be.

That FJ seemed right up his alley with the kinds of categories he was extra good at.  Wouldn't have mattered anyway, but it struck me as odd that he didn't get that.
I didn't get that, either.  Who thinks Germany "annexed" Poland?  I thought that was the giveaway.

Users who are viewing this thread