What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (5 Viewers)

Gronk and Chandler here. Only other option is Tye.

I think unless you have a top 5-7 TE you have to roll out Gronk and hope for that Jimmy Graham one yard TD limited in years past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have chandler. If Gronk is active I start him without hesitation. I'd rather go down to a zero from him then get cute and lose after he hauls in two catches for TDs.

JaxJokers said:
Rotoworld.com reports a source says the plan is for Gronk to play a "limited" amount of snaps. Just to make it a little tougher decision to roll with a snap count Gronk, or just use Tye.[/quote

For those of you that can start either Gronk or Chandler, if we know he will play a limited # of snaps, do you still start him? I will, but wanted to hear from others. I'm guessing limited snaps means red zone opportunities and definite passing situations

JaxJokers said:
Rotoworld.com reports a source says the plan is for Gronk to play a "limited" amount of snaps. Just to make it a little tougher decision to roll with a snap count Gronk, or just use Tye.[/quote

For those of you that can start either Gronk or Chandler, if we know he will play a limited # of snaps, do you still start him? I will, but wanted to hear from others. I'm guessing limited snaps means red zone opportunities and definite passing situations
Keep the Gronk news rolling as we may learn a tad more before the first games kickoff. I have two leagues involving NE TE's to consider. One is I have Kelce in over Gronk, but would love to roll with Gronk tonight. Limited snaps? The other is I have Chandler in with Gates on the bench. May look to MNF TE's if Gronk plays, while Chandler is still questionable too? Yes, it's playoff time!

I'm benching Reed for Gronk and holding my breath. If I'm losing in the playoffs, I'm not doing it with Gronk on the bench. Wish I had a Monday night option so it would be easier to read the tea leaves.

I'm benching Reed for Gronk and holding my breath. If I'm losing in the playoffs, I'm not doing it with Gronk on the bench. Wish I had a Monday night option so it would be easier to read the tea leaves.
That's a tough call because Reed has a nice matchup, but I'm with you on going down wth Gronk in my lineup

It's Tamme or Gronk for me because I slept too long on Tye. I'm leaning toward Gronk since I'm down to a coin flip backfield and I need a lottery ticket. I don't think Atlanta will deliver against Carolina.

I have kelce in over gronk right now..... Wavering.
Don't waver. I've got Will Tye in over Gronk. I think Gronk is setting us up for disappointment tonight. I'd rather play it safe and land a handful of points than get a zero. Unless I hear/see that Gronk is running around like a gazelle, he's staying on the pine for me.

At least for now.

:unsure:

Starting Gronk with confidence.. His TD upside alone is worth more than any other TE sans maybe Eiffert & Olsen. If he is limited, it will be in the amount of snaps between the 20s IMO.

Rappaport reporting Gronk will definitely play tonight. Not a game time decision.
so a couple of hours ago, Rappaport said he was "available, if needed," now he's saying "definitely will play?"

I love this stuff-seems like people just throw random #### out there, and don't care if it's accurate or even if it contradicts themselves.

Rappaport reporting Gronk will definitely play tonight. Not a game time decision.
so a couple of hours ago, Rappaport said he was "available, if needed," now he's saying "definitely will play?" I love this stuff-seems like people just throw random #### out there, and don't care if it's accurate or even if it contradicts themselves.
Or...he heard something different and changed his report in that time frame.

so a couple of hours ago, Rappaport said he was "available, if needed," now he's saying "definitely will play?" I love this stuff-seems like people just throw random #### out there, and don't care if it's accurate or even if it contradicts themselves.
Which would indicate that he didn't do a whole lot to verify the first report, if within a few hours, he was made privy to information that was completely different from his previous report.

Which would indicate that he didn't do a whole lot to verify the first report, if within a few hours, he was made privy to information that was completely different from his previous report.
Think you're simplifying it too much. They report what they hear from trusted sources when they hear it. No way to know what happened. It's possible a higher placed or more trustworthy source was more optimistic a few hours later. You're seeing conspiracy where there isn't any, but you're free to ignore or distrust anything this guy reports, you know.

Think you're simplifying it too much. They report what they hear from trusted sources when they hear it. No way to know what happened. It's possible a higher placed or more trustworthy source was more optimistic a few hours later. You're seeing conspiracy where there isn't any, but you're free to ignore or distrust anything this guy reports, you know.
No conspiracy-just that many reporters, beat writers, bloggers, twitterers, etc are trying to be first, not necessarily accurate.

He should not have to contradict his own report within a few hours. If he tried to corroborate his source, he should have come across this info. It's not like his initial report was released right before game-time, and he didn't have time to verify the info; we're still 8 hours away from the game.

If a different reporter made the second report, that would indicate that he had access to a source/info that Rappaport didn't But since Rappaport made both reports, it stands to reason that he should have been able (if he did try to verify what he reports BEFORE he reports it) to avoid the multiple, contradictory reports.

Down 8 now.

He has Denver D and McManus going. If Oakland can get some freaking yards and pointsill be closer.

He has Brady

I have Hopkins and Gronk or Chandler or Tye

Effff

Gronk's next TD catch puts him into the top 50 all-time and has more TDs than any TE currently in the Hall of Fame. He's only 26 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gronk's next TD catch puts him into the top 50 all-time and has more TDs than any TE currently in the Hall of Fame. He's only 26 years old.
With one more touchdown reception, the only player who will have more through the end of his age-27 season will be Randy Moss.

Rob Gronkowski hasn't even started his age-27 season.

Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport disputes ESPN's report that Rob Gronkowski underwent a pain injection on his ailing knee Thursday.

We'll believe ESPN on this one, who, in addition to Adam Schefter, had local ace Mike Reiss on the report. Both reports agree Gronk is continuing to receive treatment. Per ESPN, Gronk will likely play against the Chiefs, but that it depends on how he feels Saturday.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 14 - 5:46 PM
Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

Rob Gronkowski is also dealing with a back injury.

The Pats updated their Thursday injury report to reflect so. Gronk didn't practice after being limited on Wednesday, and reportedly received a pain-killing injection in his knee. The belief is still that Gronk will suit up against the Chiefs, but he's beginning to look like a game-time decision. If you're building DFS teams ahead of time, leave Gronk's name in pencil.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter

Jan 14 - 6:59 PM

Agent Drew Rosenhaus refused to address Rob Gronkowski's contract Sunday at the NFL Owner's Meetings.
Gronk counts just $6.62 million against the cap, far below market value for easily the NFL's best player at his position. Gronkowski mentioned his salary in a passive aggressive tweet earlier this month. Rosenhaus could have put the issue to rest on Sunday but chose not to. While a holdout is unlikely, Gronk seems at least a little miffed the Pats aren't offering him a raise.

Source: CSN New England 
Mar 20 - 1:09 PM

I realize this is the slow season, but Gronk had a questionable tweet and Rosenhaus said.... nothing? This story is a sizzler.

Everyone in the MFL 10's, please fade Gronk.

Hasn't been a thing in years. Megatron put up 2k. Seahawks made it back to the superbowl. OBJ had a good sophomore season.

Users who are viewing this thread