What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (11 Viewers)

Chadstroma said:
What I think is really insane is the people who are outraged about the Sansa/Ramsay scene. Someone needs to tell them that this is fiction and fiction in a pretty messed up world where bad things happen all the time.
and they probably loved the red wedding
Didnt Dany get raped on her wedding night too? Only difference is now we "care" about Sansa instead of just meeting Dany
That's part of it, but we (the viewers) also still see Sansa as a child, whereas Dany was a woman very quickly. (The first time we saw Dany she was naked.)
Yeah she was. :wub:
Chadstroma said:
What I think is really insane is the people who are outraged about the Sansa/Ramsay scene. Someone needs to tell them that this is fiction and fiction in a pretty messed up world where bad things happen all the time.
Didnt Dany get raped on her wedding night too? Only difference is now we "care" about Sansa instead of just meeting Dany
That's part of it, but we (the viewers) also still see Sansa as a child, whereas Dany was a woman very quickly. (The first time we saw Dany she was naked.)
The first time we saw Dany she was naked, and 15.

Chadstroma said:
Chadstroma said:
The first time we saw Dany she was naked, and 15.
Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/24/la_et_chris_hansen_st.jpg

Plus Drogo to Bolton is like Don Draper to Harry Crane. Being ridiculously good looking and not an absolute creep might play a role in people's reactions. Also there wasn't nearly as many people watching the show then.

Dany was 15? How old is Sansa in the 4th/5th book?

I'd think Homer would know unless she is over 18 then he quits following them.

All "the kids" are real young in season 1, or so I'm told.

The shift in Female nudity to male nudity in show is unacceptable in my book and needs to be discussed more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Littlefinger is so good at this. Fun to watch him work. How about instead of the Nights of the Veil effing up my business.. they leave and win me the north instead?

For me Ramsey finally overtakes Cercei as who I most want to see get theirs.

Littlefinger is so good at this. Fun to watch him work. How about instead of the Nights of the Veil effing up my business.. they leave and win me the north instead?

Ramsey is terrible.

Cersei clear #1 on my TV character grudge #### list.

Chadstroma said:
Fiction, not unlike reality is ####ed up. ####ed up stuff happens literally every second of every day - forever.
The state of Florida is proof of this.

not sure you understand who the Knights of the Vale are....

Not getting the big deal in regards to the Sansa outrage. So she got porked on her wedding night?.....big deal. Yeah, it's a bit weird that Reek was forced to watch.....but it's not like he was forced to join...

Not getting the big deal in regards to the Sansa outrage. So she got porked on her wedding night?.....big deal. Yeah, it's a bit weird that Reek was forced to watch.....but it's not like he was forced to join...
Yeah I agree with this. Was she really raped? They were married and they had to consumate the marriage. Sure, she wasnt thrilled with the idea but the whole marriage is a sham. Same thing happened to Dany and nobody said boo.

not really a spoiler but not really on topic for this thread about why certain people are upset about the wedding night.

Because it wasn't in the book

One issue with this season is they could have easily left the entire Arya stuff out and been no worse off.
:shuked:

She's the best character on the show.
Well, they haven't advanced the plot one bit with the 40-50 minutes spent on her storyline.

paint the fence, sand the floor, wax on, wax off

:yawn:
I'm a big fan of where she's been and where it looks like she's going, but I agree with Culdeus about where she's been the last bunch of episodes. Feels a bit similar to the Dany story-line that keeps rinse-repeating this season. That said- this week seemed like progress, so hopefully we'll be seeing operation-next for her in the coming weeks.

and the Tyrion and Mort Gladiator plot device to get them to Dany faster... seems awfully convenient, but also saves us from a buddy-romp through the countryside between those two. then again, I could watch both of those actors do just about anything, so maybe the buddy romp would have been good.

Yeah I agree with this. Was she really raped? They were married and they had to consumate the marriage. Sure, she wasnt thrilled with the idea but the whole marriage is a sham. Same thing happened to Dany and nobody said boo.
I think it's because it didn't really accomplish anything. They've shown worse, but it was always in furtherance of some sort of character development. Usually the extreme sex/violence moves the story forward or affects how you see a character. But everyone already knew Ramsay was pure evil, that he had put Theon through hell, and that Sansa was in a really bad spot and we were supposed to feel sorry for her. You could also assume she'd have to #### him, since that's what we assume happens when people get married (they had to spend a while on why Tyrion wasn't screwing Sansa when they married otherwise we'd assume they did). Also didn't help that the episode sucked and that they closed with it, which made it seem like they were building to this dramatic non-revelation.

Yes she was raped.

People were upset about Dany too, but it was different here and the emotions run deeper. You don't see any differences in the situations?

One of my favorite scenes of the series was Tywin talking to Tommen about what makes a good leader after Joffrey died. Tommen seemed to get it, and there seemed to be some foreshadowing that he could be a really good leader/king. I think this storyline will ultimately ring true, he will let the boy die (aka John Snow) and the man will emerge who will stand up to his scheming mother. If that does indeed happen, it will be fun to watch. I also think it will be fun to watch Margery now that she has been literally put in a bad spot. They have set her up to be a fighter so I think we will see some good stuff coming from her with her back against the wall.

One issue with this season is they could have easily left the entire Arya stuff out and been no worse off.
:shuked:

She's the best character on the show.
Well, they haven't advanced the plot one bit with the 40-50 minutes spent on her storyline.

paint the fence, sand the floor, wax on, wax off

:yawn:
I'm a big fan of where she's been and where it looks like she's going, but I agree with Culdeus about where she's been the last bunch of episodes. Feels a bit similar to the Dany story-line that keeps rinse-repeating this season. That said- this week seemed like progress, so hopefully we'll be seeing operation-next for her in the coming weeks.
Honestly, I've been OK with her story line. Karate Kid is a great analogy of why it worked for me. They can't just magically make her a many faced person with no back story, so I am good with the back story because it hasn't really been rinse and repeat like Dany with the free the slaves, have issues, move on, free the slaves, have issues, etc. Dany's story line has gone nowhere, but Arya seems to be getting somewhere.

I wonder if Jon will be pissed that his brother Ransey raped his sister like that?

I wonder if that's why everyone keeps saying You Know Nothing Jon Snow?

Yes she was raped.

People were upset about Dany too, but it was different here and the emotions run deeper. You don't see any differences in the situations?
What's the difference? IIRC, Dany's was an arranged marriage where she had no desire to marry Drogo........and like Sansa, she was in no real position to deny consummation.

I get that conversation in regards to Tyrion not forcing his dwarf sized #### unto her was a set up to A) make us feel sorry for Sansa, B) show that Ramsey's not very nice and C) Tyrion was pretty nice.... but in the end...the fervor over Sansa's porking doesn't warrant the actual thing that happened.

ETA: as I'm expecting the dogs to be involved or Ramsey forcing Reek to be one half of a finger-cuff or something like that......

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that conversation in regards to Tyrion not forcing his dwarf sized #### unto her was a set up to A) make us feel sorry for Sansa, B) show that Ramsey's not very nice and C) Tyrion was pretty nice.... but in the end...the fervor over Sansa's porking doesn't warrant the actual thing that happened.
doubt this

Users who are viewing this thread