What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (5 Viewers)

Will take time to process and evaluate.....but might be the GOAT battle in all of cinema/TV.  
I think the vastness of the battle - in addition to 80 minutes - is what makes it so impressive - from the fields, to the walls, to inside the castle, to the crypts, to the Weirwood tree - to the dragons fighting each other in the sky - so much ground to cover.

Battle of the Bastards was essentially one long scene - this was a much more complicated battle to film, let alone take in.

The screamers with the fires going out was great.  Most after that was very meh imo.  Kinda feels like Lost finale to me with the let down.  I knew Ayra was gonna kill him but I thought she would be disguised as Bran.  I might have liked it more if it was a half hour shorter and the knocked off some big shots.  I won't watch it again.

Best scene was the dead rushing in from the darkness like a tidal wave. 

Still think Hardhome was the best episode but this one didn't disappoint. 

Thumbs up: There was so much good about this episode I am not going to list it all  

Thumbs down: Their battle plan was moronic, hated the Arya hiding in the library sequence. 

I just wonder if this show had been a moderate hit, how in the hell did they ever plan to complete this thing? The show is totally impossible without the biggest budgets ever. It’s crazy.

Best scene was the dead rushing in from the darkness like a tidal wave. 
I think there will be a lot of "best scenes" from the episode.

Dothraki

Dead rushing in

Dead creating a bridge over the trenches

Scenes with Sansa/Tyrion

Lady Mormont 

Arya - every one of her scenes was good

Night King laughing in the face of Dragon Fire.

Jorah rescuing Daenerys

Theon - you're a good man - thank you.
I know quotin' myself ain't classy, buy man...this line just blew me away.

In the post-show, whats'is'name explained that Bran knew it was coming.

At first, I wondered if perhaps, Bran was not just seeing but control'n - kinda like a Hodor situation - but, I don't think so.

I just loved this - especially when combined with, 'Welcome home..." earlier.

So goood.

I love redemption, even tho it is such a common trope - it never gets old to me.

Jeebus that was intense.

Pretty sure that dragon at the end that was trying to kill Jon was Rhaegal.  I'm pretty sure there is only one dragon left. 
That is what I thought. I thought they managed to kill the other dead dragon but Rhaegar died in effort and was raised up again when dead were raised.  

Incredible. Some nitpicking to do (at times, the the dead are a fast moving unstoppable tsunami, at other times, they seem to disappear, allowing for escape or for a single person to somehow get out from under 10 trying to stab them) but why would you? Obviously Arya getting the kill shot is blatant fan-service, but who cares? Incredible to look back at her entire journey and everything that got her to that point in retro.

Wish everything wasn't quite so dark, but I knew that would be the case going in.

Just epic on all levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
The screamers with the fires going out was great.  Most after that was very meh imo.  Kinda feels like Lost finale to me with the let down.  I knew Ayra was gonna kill him but I thought she would be disguised as Bran.  I might have liked it more if it was a half hour shorter and the knocked off some big shots.  I won't watch it again.
My thoughts exactly. I've never been into battle scenes that much so this wasnt meant for me. Looking forward to moving on to some intrigue against Cersei. This wasnt bad but no way would I watch it again.

Uh...you think he's staying dead in the books? Obviously not. Melisandre being at castle black is the perfect set up. People suspected that would happen for a long time. 
I think he was going to be killed off and things changed because of his popularity.  They have just been spitballing plot for while so it is what it is.

Some Battle of Winterfell stats that were blasted on twitter 

Battle of Winterfell

55 days of filming

750 people on set 

82 minutes longest episode ever 

Longest battle sequence in film or tv history (helms deep second)

Same Director as Battle of the Bastards(Hardhome)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread