What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (10 Viewers)

The mob mentality that seems to be forming on the interweb dissing everything about the show is all too predictable.  

The writing this season is pretty weak for sure, but all these complainers will be glued to their TVs at exactly 7:00pm est this Sunday and next.   

People love complaining. 
It’s the whole I’m smarter than the highly successful people who made this astronomical  hit shtick. It’s what powers the internet. Some lunatic here thought he could beat a champion professional boxer. It is what it is. 

It’s the whole I’m smarter than the highly successful people who made this astronomical  hit shtick. It’s what powers the internet. Some lunatic here thought he could beat a champion professional boxer. It is what it is. 
Agree. And the worst part is that the social media masses all think the show owes them something.  

“I’ve invested 8 years in this show!  How could they do me like this?!”

My own view is that the writing has clearly taken a step back since the source material was exhausted, but it still easily the best show on tv now (by a mile) and one of the greatest shows of all time.  

Imagine the Lord of the Rings movies being released today.  

“This is so unrealistic!  Why didn’t the giant eagles just fly Frodo over the volcano so he could drop the ring?!”

Agree. And the worst part is that the social media masses all think the show owes them something.  

“I’ve invested 8 years in this show!  How could they do me like this?!”

My own view is that the writing has clearly taken a step back since the source material was exhausted, but it still easily the best show on tv now (by a mile) and one of the greatest shows of all time.  
This is where I am. I was highly entertained Sunday. The show ended and I couldn’t wait for more. I would’ve paid 200 bucks to see the next two right there.

Then the next day it’s non-stop dork snark about how the show with flying ####ing dragons and blue-eyes zombies doesn’t meet their expectation for realism. 

I hate myself for coming back to this thread.  I enjoy the show.  Get over your complaining, dorks.
This would be a boring thread if it was just a bunch of people talking about how awesome the show is. Most of the complaints here are minor...just a few are over the top.  Feel free to ignore the thread if you don’t want to see valid discussion of  this great show.

This would be a boring thread if it was just a bunch of people talking about how awesome the show is. Most of the complaints here are minor...just a few are over the top.  Feel free to ignore the thread if you don’t want to see valid discussion of  this great show.
Agreed.  It's also idiotic when people want their/"the most logical" endings and decry the alternative, which is what we're getting.  "The most logical thing would have ended the show 3 seasons ago, and in a way less entertaining way!! That should have happened!"  meh.

..and in the post complaining about the complainers he says that the writing has clearly taken a step back - which is mostly what the gripes are about.  

Then the next day it’s non-stop dork snark about how the show with flying ####ing dragons and blue-eyes zombies doesn’t meet their expectation for realism. 
I dont see it as comments about realism as we know it, its  about characters and the world as it was established in the early seasons.  

It's a show with about about the characters, and what, 5% or less of dragons and blue eyed zombies? 

hagmania said:
S8E2 was very good in a vacuum. When you consider the characters they focused on and then what happened in the battle, that ep comes across a bit more hollow.
That's kind of been the problem with all of this season.  Episodes are good individually...but kind of pointless in terms of how they contribute to an epic story.  We're still left wanting to know what will happen, but all the mystery of "what happened and how did things arrive at this point?" is gone. 

I'm fairly certain there was some sort of major argument between the writers and Djawadi about trying to work the Nelly song into that scene.
this post derserves so much more luv - chuck it on r/freefolk and it easily bags 50k+ upvotes and a pouch full of Reddit gold. 

troof.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs. : is your show on tonight.

Me: Yeah, its the next to last episode.

Mrs: that was a fast season.

Me: not season, series. Next week is the last show.

Mrs: its ending?

Me: yeah. Next week. 

Mrs: What are you going to do when over?

Me: 

Mrs:

Me: We could have more sex.

Mrs: find another show. 

Happy Mothers Day!

Mrs. : is your show on tonight.

Me: Yeah, its the next to last episode.

Mrs: that was a fast season.

Me: not season, series. Next week is the last show.

Mrs: its ending?

Me: yeah. Next week. 

Mrs: What are you going to do when over?

Me: 

Mrs:

Me: We could have more sex.

Mrs: find another show. 

Happy Mothers Day!
I woke up today and told my wife/mother of my child that the only mother I am recognizing today is the mother of dragons. 

I’ve been playing catch-up all day. 

Rewatching the Bronn scene.

It's not in Winterfell castle. It's in an outbuilding. More of an Inn.

And I think Bronn was perfect. We've been seduced to think he cares about Tyrion and Jamie and to some extent he does because he sticks with them.  But hes always been focused on getting paid. Lest we forget the bag of money Jamie gave him when they took Highgarden.

It was a good scene and not long enough.

Rewatching the Bronn scene.

It's not in Winterfell castle. It's in an outbuilding. More of an Inn.

And I think Bronn was perfect. We've been seduced to think he cares about Tyrion and Jamie and to some extent he does because he sticks with them.  But hes always been focused on getting paid. Lest we forget the bag of money Jamie gave him when they took Highgarden.

It was a good scene and not long enough.
An inn in the north with allies everywhere. They. could have and should have had him chased down and arrested. 

He is a Merc'. Last employed by Jamie as far as anyone knows.
Right but Jamie and Tyrion could have ordered him apprehended. Like if someone came to try and kill you and you were the Hand of the Queen, I’m pretty sure you would and should order people to go after him as soon as he left.

Not gonna lie: I am little nervous about this episode, knowing that some favorites are likely to not survive. We will know soon which ones they are. 

It's going to be weird when this is just a song from that show we used to watch. It's not like I crank it while i drive slowly by the beach but this is such an iconic song and i think it's going to age like the Seinfeld bass line. 

Users who are viewing this thread