What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

Random Observations:

- Jaimie isn't going to be happy with his brother, or himself. A return to the dark side seems likely.

- Lost in all that happened was the awesomeness of FrankenMountain. Can't wait to see what's up with that.

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tywin may just pull through.

- Did the tree wizard tell Bran "he won't walk, but he'll FLY?" Not sure what that last word was.

- Still haven't seen Cersei's bewbs. She must've gotten a great contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random Observations:

- Jaimie isn't going to be happy with his brother, or himself. A return to the dark side seems likely.

- Lost in all that happened was the awesomeness of FrankenMountain. Can't wait to see what's up with that.

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tyrion's may just pull through.

- Did the tree wizard tell Bran "he won't walk, but he'll FLY?" Not sure what that last word was.

Yes, fly.

Random Observations:

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tyrion's may just pull through.

Yes, fly.
I hope this is literal, but I'm sure it's just alluding to him warg'ing into Drogon.

Whatever happened to the blacksmith ******* kid? He has to return at some point, right?

The bells ringing were for Tywin. He's definitely dead. That's why Varys got on the boat.
They wouldn't ring the bells if he was just found with arrows in him and rushed to a doctor?

I thought the bells were less of a death announcement and more of a, "Yo, shut everything down! Nobody gets in or out, we gotta situation here!"

Random Observations:

Yes, fly.
I hope this is literal, but I'm sure it's just alluding to him warg'ing into Drogon.
That's what that Homer J Simpson guy predicted. He must be pretty smart. :grad: :bowtie:

No Sansa or Littlefinger in that episode. A bit surprising.

Also, now that Tyrion's left King's Landing, will we see any more of Bronn? Another of my favorite characters...

I kind of always feared the moment when GOT would turn into LOTR, I hope that didnt just happen with Bran seeing the wizard of Oz.
Wanted to comment on this too.

I haven't read any of the books, primarily because I'm not a fan of fantasy- I enjoyed the LOTR movies but they're not really my thing. What attracted me to this series from the first is that there is so little fantasy involved- it's much closer to a historical piece, like The Pillars of the Earth. The main problem for me with fantasy is that it gives the writers too many "God in the Machine" possibilities.

So I agree with you. I know there is going to be magic involved, and dragons, and white walkers, and the witch doing her thing- but I really hope it continues to be somewhat minimal.

Something else nobody has brought up: what's with the Mountain? At first the way the guy was talking, I thought it was going to be a repeat of what happened to Dany's husband. But maybe there's something else going on. "He'll be changed." What does that mean?

So, we know Arya is heading to Braavos which is oe of the free cities, and Tyrion to the free cities, right? do they cross paths and trade Sansa stories.

Bits of the modified theme song throughout the episode leading to the full version at the close was powerful.

A lot of us called Tywin.

Didn't see the Jamie - Cersei alliance coming.

Arya is cold as ice.
She is. Figured after all they'd been through, Arya would show the Hound some mercy. I misread their bond.
Yeah, i misread that too. I wonder what her story will be now. Isn't most of her list done? She has Cersei on there and the executioner, but after that she is out of people right?

Users who are viewing this thread