What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (4 Viewers)

Have we fleshed out who are the book readers posing as non-book readers yet? It's going to suck when one of these "theories" is exactly correct because that person actually read the books.
I think your best bet is to to not know who the secret book readers are. Then you don't know that they're spoiling the show!

Snotbubbles said:
- Stannis arrives with the red woman who sacrifices his kid and expels an army of shadow demons from her mommy parts which destroy the wildlings.
I could definitely see this as an option. The last time we saw Stannis was at the bank, and he was the only leader taking a threat at the wall seriously. They got the cash and the boats so it would not surprise me at all to see his army make an appearance. I wouldn't think there's enough time in 1 episode (with all the other story lines that have to develop) to sacrifice and gain from demons, but there's definitely enough time for an intervention and for Davos to do what he told Stannis he would be necessary for... making strategic political collaborations between different parties (or something like that).
I have a feeling that at some point, Jon Snow is going to become the leader of the wildling army and re-establish the North as a force to be reckoned with. With 100,000 men he could have the number superiority that Robb didn't. He'll repay the Frey's and Bolton's for double crossing Robb and Cat.
My feelings too...just seems like Jon is the character with a lot of growth opp.

Well I have read the books, but I never read further than the TV show is. Anything I propose for the future is a guess.
Isn't this impossible considering how much the show jumps around? Had a friend book reader tell me that some of the stories are already at the end of the books. :shrug:

Well I have read the books, but I never read further than the TV show is. Anything I propose for the future is a guess.
Isn't this impossible considering how much the show jumps around? Had a friend book reader tell me that some of the stories are already at the end of the books. :shrug:
Not really. The chapters are defined by which character's POV/story is being told. So if, for instance, I get to a chapter titled "Tyrion" and in the book I've already read everything that Tyrion has done on the show, I simply stop reading, wait a few weeks, and then pick back up.

As an example, I just this week read the chapter about the Wildling attack on the Wall (this week's episode). Now, there are events from the show that haven't happened from the book yet. For instance, at this point in the book Oberyn just told Tyrion he'd be his champion. Obviously I know how that ends but nothing FROM THE BOOK has spoiled anything from the show. What your friend described is exactly that...the show can ruin the books in some regard, but following my method it will not be the other way around.

Make sense?

Not really. The chapters are defined by which character's POV/story is being told. So if, for instance, I get to a chapter titled "Tyrion" and in the book I've already read everything that Tyrion has done on the show, I simply stop reading, wait a few weeks, and then pick back up.

As an example, I just this week read the chapter about the Wildling attack on the Wall (this week's episode). Now, there are events from the show that haven't happened from the book yet. For instance, at this point in the book Oberyn just told Tyrion he'd be his champion. Obviously I know how that ends but nothing FROM THE BOOK has spoiled anything from the show. What your friend described is exactly that...the show can ruin the books in some regard, but following my method it will not be the other way around.

Make sense?
I'm at the same point in Storm of Swords. I'm at the part where Ygrette just got off'd.

Have we fleshed out who are the book readers posing as non-book readers yet? It's going to suck when one of these "theories" is exactly correct because that person actually read the books.
I'm a book reader just following along and posting snide unrelated comments, but I would suggest some willful ignorance here because, whether they are right or not, nothing good can come out of that exercise.

:2cents:

Make sense?
my wife says for you to "shut your big fat mouth"!

Make sense?
You're married to shady?

I have not read a single one of the GoT books. I guess ths means R. R. R. Martin does not spend an even amount of time on the characters. It must be tough for producers to keep a better balance on the show.

Not really. The chapters are defined by which character's POV/story is being told. So if, for instance, I get to a chapter titled "Tyrion" and in the book I've already read everything that Tyrion has done on the show, I simply stop reading, wait a few weeks, and then pick back up. As an example, I just this week read the chapter about the Wildling attack on the Wall (this week's episode). Now, there are events from the show that haven't happened from the book yet. For instance, at this point in the book Oberyn just told Tyrion he'd be his champion. Obviously I know how that ends but nothing FROM THE BOOK has spoiled anything from the show. What your friend described is exactly that...the show can ruin the books in some regard, but following my method it will not be the other way around.

Make sense?
The author has been doing a lot of interviews because of the HBO show. He must be falling further behind on the writing. Looks like book readers are screwed.

modogg said:

Make sense?
Tell your wife I'm going to start texting her fake spoilers. Since I don't actually know anything about the future of the show, they won't ruin anything for her. OR WILL THEY???

Shady - I posted a link to stuff generated by the show with information that has largely been discussed in much shorter form on the show, voiced by actors from the show. I wouldn't really say that I'm posting links to book material. And besides, nobody is being forced to click on the links. I think the people that have clicked on the links said it was entertaining, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
What will happen to Tyrion? It's not smart to kill off the faborite character of the show, so he'll probably escape prison Shawshank style. Tyrion will dig his way out and crawl through the King's Landing sewer system.

Will he get a happy ending like Red? Maybe, maybe not. I speculate he'll make a mistake and comes out of a latrine in the castle. Tyrion will run into Tywin, who will tell him why he hated him all his life, that Tyrion is the ******* of his dead wife and a Children of the Forest.

The End.

what's a children of the forest?
I'm not sure. Maester Luwin said they are no more, but he's wrong and Tyrion is the last of the Mohegan. Tyrion goes berserk after he finds out the truth and runs away to dance with the wolves.

So one more episode lasting a little more than an hour. If I had to guess:

20% is Sansa, Arya, Hound, Littlefinger reunion (perhaps with Brienne as well, since she was headed toward the same place.)

10% is Dany basically doing nothing (she's done nothing all season.)

10% is Reek/Theon and Ramsay plotting some kind of ####.

10% Stannis and Witchy woman.

50% King's Landing.

We won't see any of Jon Snow, Sam, or Bran.
The title of the episode is The Children.
Yes, clearly it is a special Father's Day episode.

Do baby white walkers age like normal folk from babies into adulthood? Do they have mopey, pita, rebellious teenager white walkers?

The only way the wall is going to hold is one of two things:

- the white walkers come in behind the wildlings and rip them to shreds...but would they try continue to take the wall themselves?

Or

- Stannis arrives with the red woman who sacrifices his kid and expels an army of shadow demons from her mommy parts which destroy the wildlings.
The only way the wall is going to hold is one of two things:

This is absolutely true:

They all have children...to save.

Who will come?

GRRM: This [episode] will go 116 minutes, it says. Cool.
linkHBO confirmed in a press release that this episode will be extended to a 66 minute runtime, making it the longest episode of the series to date (beating out the previous record holder by 2 minutes).

_______

Though I hope you are correct...
My channel guide has GoT running from 9 to 10:15.
Same here. Although, I imagine 10 minutes of that will be previews for the summer lineup.

I'm so incredibly excited. But at the same time I'm already furious that there won't be new episodes until next spring!!

Users who are viewing this thread