What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (4 Viewers)

So Lyanna gets kidnapped for long enough to have a baby. Which started a war.

How did she die again?
Childbirth? :shrug:
I thought it was in Ned's arms?
Was that said at some point? I don't recall.... even so, the two would not be exclusive of one another.
I thought so. Maybe I'm wrong.
I always had the impression that Ned brought Jon back as a toddler. Was he fresh out of the womb?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess Varys tipped off Jorah on where Tyrion will be?
I think it was just a chance happening.Not sure what the benefit of Tyrion getting to Dany as a prisoner with Jorah vs willingly with Varys.
Because it seemingly helps Jorah which in turn might help Varys in the future.
I get Jorah was feeding Varys info, just doesn't seem like something Varys would do- pinning his hopes on someone that Dany is pissed at. He wants to get Dany and Tyrion together.

I think it was just a chance happening.Not sure what the benefit of Tyrion getting to Dany as a prisoner with Jorah vs willingly with Varys.
I get Jorah was feeding Varys info, just doesn't seem like something Varys would do- pinning his hopes on someone that Dany is pissed at. He wants to get Dany and Tyrion together.
Isn't it more ridiculous to assume Varys and Jorah ended up in the same bar by chance?

Isn't it more ridiculous to assume Varys and Jorah ended up in the same bar by chance?
No

Didn't Tyrion essentially drag Varys into the brothel?

I guess i didn't think there were taverns all over the place. On the lines of the inn at the crossroads in Westeros. How many times have characters crossed paths in that one bar?

Could be wrong, just got the impression it was a chance sighting.

No
Ok. Carry on.

agreed on the Sand Snakes entrance being kinda weak. I was hoping for a cool reveal with some bad ### chicks, but instead it looked like a video shoot for the Cheetah Girls.

Game of Thrones Management Quiz

You are Jaime Lannister. You are arrogant and aloof, and you possess a cutting wit. While you prefer to focus on your own contributions rather than lead, you step up when the situation calls for it and have your own unique code of honor that sometimes deprives you of companywide respect and praise.

lol. did it again with a different first answer (which lead to different subsequent questions)... Jaime Lannister.

Chadstroma said:
Thunderlips said:
Chadstroma said:
Thunderlips said:
Sabertooth said:
Same reason Littlefinger is hitting the road so quickly. To make sure he keeps his skin.
I'm convinced that L. Finger is a good guy. Sure, he settled a couple of beefs with the Starks over losing out on Cat when he was younger......but in the end, he really seems to be sticking it to the nobles. Finger is the ultimate bootstrap capitalist.
You must be the only person in the world watching this series convinced that Littlefinger is a good guy.
Really? He seems to be the only one who thinks men should stand on the merit of their ability to act instead of their lineage. Nothing wrong with that. To your point though...I think I was also one of the very few who thought Tywin Lannister was in the right as well.....except for his disdain for Tyrion.

I think I'm probably one of the few who doesn't think Robert was a good guy as well.
Going against the nepotism of the world and making it vs being a good guy are not really things I think have direct relation. You seem to think that it is ok if you are ruthless as long as you have other desirable character traits which apparently is greed/desire for power.

King Robert was sub par as a person. A lot of common negative traits that don't pair well with absolute power. He was, without a doubt, a horrible, horrible, horrible King (which I think he likely would agree with) though a better King than the one before and after him.

Tommen could be a good King if he finds his spine and grows in understanding of the world but likely he will be well dead before that happens.
Who isn't ruthless in this story though?
Ned. Cat. Sansa. Rob. Jon. Bran. Rickon. Dany. Blackfish. Tyrion. Tommen. Mycella. Jorah (he was being a slave trader and all but all we have seen of him is not ruthless). Maester Aemon. Samwell. Gilly. Barristan. Syrio. and there is more. But that is a good start.
Hodor

Chadstroma said:
Thunderlips said:
Chadstroma said:
Thunderlips said:
Sabertooth said:
Same reason Littlefinger is hitting the road so quickly. To make sure he keeps his skin.
I'm convinced that L. Finger is a good guy. Sure, he settled a couple of beefs with the Starks over losing out on Cat when he was younger......but in the end, he really seems to be sticking it to the nobles. Finger is the ultimate bootstrap capitalist.
You must be the only person in the world watching this series convinced that Littlefinger is a good guy.
Really? He seems to be the only one who thinks men should stand on the merit of their ability to act instead of their lineage. Nothing wrong with that. To your point though...I think I was also one of the very few who thought Tywin Lannister was in the right as well.....except for his disdain for Tyrion.

I think I'm probably one of the few who doesn't think Robert was a good guy as well.
Going against the nepotism of the world and making it vs being a good guy are not really things I think have direct relation. You seem to think that it is ok if you are ruthless as long as you have other desirable character traits which apparently is greed/desire for power.

King Robert was sub par as a person. A lot of common negative traits that don't pair well with absolute power. He was, without a doubt, a horrible, horrible, horrible King (which I think he likely would agree with) though a better King than the one before and after him.

Tommen could be a good King if he finds his spine and grows in understanding of the world but likely he will be well dead before that happens.
Who isn't ruthless in this story though?
Ned. Cat. Sansa. Rob. Jon. Bran. Rickon. Dany. Blackfish. Tyrion. Tommen. Mycella. Jorah (he was being a slave trader and all but all we have seen of him is not ruthless). Maester Aemon. Samwell. Gilly. Barristan. Syrio. and there is more. But that is a good start.
Hodor
HODOR

Game of Thrones Management Quiz

You are Jaime Lannister. You are arrogant and aloof, and you possess a cutting wit. While you prefer to focus on your own contributions rather than lead, you step up when the situation calls for it and have your own unique code of honor that sometimes deprives you of companywide respect and praise.
You are Tyrion Lannister. You are strategic, knowledgeable and gregarious. Youre the boss everyone wants to report to since youre always expensing catered lunches and after-work drinks. Youre also fair and compassionate. Your fresh perspective often goes against the grain, which doesnt always win the respect of your peers or bosses at more traditional companies.

You are Jon Snow. You are honorable, strong-willed and trustworthy. Your subordinates, other than a few more experienced hands, mostly look up to you, but you can be short-sighted and naïve, and your tenacious loyalty can prevent you from moving up the corporate ladder.

I'm Margaery Tyrell.

You are Margaery Tyrell. You are graceful, shrewd and emotionally intelligent. You know all the ins and outs of a tricky situation, and you can manipulate your way through it with ease. The employees who love working for you really love you, but the ones who don’t really hate you.

I'm Margaery Tyrell.

You are Margaery Tyrell. You are graceful, shrewd and emotionally intelligent. You know all the ins and outs of a tricky situation, and you can manipulate your way through it with ease. The employees who love working for you really love you, but the ones who don’t really hate you.
Slut

Surprised no one has come up with or mentioned the distinct possibility that Dany's boy toy basically sent off Sir Barristan. Any chance boy toy is connected to the Harpys?

Where do we fall with Littlefinger as far as what he is doing with Sansa?

I figure either:

1. He is not aware of what Ramsay is. We are not used to seeing a misstep out of him like this. Maybe he truly loves Sansa, and will go off if (let's face it, when) Ramsay does something to her. He warns her of how dangerous Roose is, but not a peep that I can remember about his son.

2. He knows what he is, and is a worse dude than I thought he was leaving Sansa there to have who knows what done to her.

Also, there has been a couple references about the Sparrows going into his brothels back in King's Landing. Does he know, and is working with Cersei (maybe giving her info on his clients, setting up Lancel, etc..) or is he going to be hella pissed at her when he gets there?

I figure either:

1. He is not aware of what Ramsay is. We are not used to seeing a misstep out of him like this. Maybe he truly loves Sansa, and will go off if (let's face it, when) Ramsay does something to her. He warns her of how dangerous Roose is, but not a peep that I can remember about his son.

2. He knows what he is, and is a worse dude than I thought he was leaving Sansa there to have who knows what done to her.

Also, there has been a couple references about the Sparrows going into his brothels back in King's Landing. Does he know, and is working with Cersei (maybe giving her info on his clients, setting up Lancel, etc..) or is he going to be hella pissed at her when he gets there?
I think it's #2, and also think there's going to be some fallout when he finds out what's happening to his establishments.

Surprised no one has come up with or mentioned the distinct possibility that Dany's boy toy basically sent off Sir Barristan. Any chance boy toy is connected to the Harpys?
none
Why is that? What is this dude's background again?
hes from a completely different location and was with her before Mereen
Huh. I thought he came to her when she got to Mereen, killed the other 2 dudes, and help her take over the city.

none
Huh. I thought he came to her when she got to Mereen, killed the other 2 dudes, and help her take over the city.
Nope. He helped her take over Yunkai (Helped sneak Gray Worm and Barristen in) after killing the other leaders of the 2nd sons.

At Mereen, he pulled his #### out and pissed in the dirt after stylishly killing that dude on the horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

I figure either:

I think it's #2, and also think there's going to be some fallout when he finds out what's happening to his establishments.
I think it's closer to #1. LF doesn't know what a monster Ramsey is cause he plays the nerd when in public.

The part where she said she would likely be a married woman when he returned then kissed him (or vice versa, but either way), I think she is playing the game and will still be loyal to LF anytime he wants her. She trusts that LF has a plan and everything will work out.

none
Nope. He helped her take over Yunkai (Helped sneak Gray Worm and Barristen in) after killing the other leaders of the 2nd sons.

At Mereen, he pulled his #### out and pissed in the dirt after stylishly killing that dude on the horse.
Oh yeah, thanks. Good god Dany's story has been similar for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread