What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (7 Viewers)

Where do we fall with Littlefinger as far as what he is doing with Sansa?

I figure either:

1. He is not aware of what Ramsay is. We are not used to seeing a misstep out of him like this. Maybe he truly loves Sansa, and will go off if (let's face it, when) Ramsay does something to her. He warns her of how dangerous Roose is, but not a peep that I can remember about his son.

2. He knows what he is, and is a worse dude than I thought he was leaving Sansa there to have who knows what done to her.

Also, there has been a couple references about the Sparrows going into his brothels back in King's Landing. Does he know, and is working with Cersei (maybe giving her info on his clients, setting up Lancel, etc..) or is he going to be hella pissed at her when he gets there?
I think he knows, or at least has an idea of what Ramsay is, but is confident that Sansa can run game on him. I think that's the whole (paraphrasing) "your're going to make this boy yours" attitude he's taking. It doesn't behoove him to have Sansa flayed or fed to dogs.

Surprised no one has come up with or mentioned the distinct possibility that Dany's boy toy basically sent off Sir Barristan. Any chance boy toy is connected to the Harpys?
none
Why is that? What is this dude's background again?
hes from a completely different location and was with her before Mereen
Huh. I thought he came to her when she got to Mereen, killed the other 2 dudes, and help her take over the city.
Nope. He helped her take over Yunkai (Helped sneak Gray Worm and Barristen in) after killing the other leaders of the 2nd sons.

At Mereen, he pulled his #### out and pissed in the dirt after stylishly killing that dude on the horse.
Oh yeah, thanks. Good god Dany's story has been similar for too long.
It doesn't help that they changed actors for that character after the 1st season he was introduced.

I figure either:

1. He is not aware of what Ramsay is. We are not used to seeing a misstep out of him like this. Maybe he truly loves Sansa, and will go off if (let's face it, when) Ramsay does something to her. He warns her of how dangerous Roose is, but not a peep that I can remember about his son.

2. He knows what he is, and is a worse dude than I thought he was leaving Sansa there to have who knows what done to her.

Also, there has been a couple references about the Sparrows going into his brothels back in King's Landing. Does he know, and is working with Cersei (maybe giving her info on his clients, setting up Lancel, etc..) or is he going to be hella pissed at her when he gets there?
I think he knows, or at least has an idea of what Ramsay is, but is confident that Sansa can run game on him. I think that's the whole (paraphrasing) "your're going to make this boy yours" attitude he's taking. It doesn't behoove him to have Sansa flayed or fed to dogs.
If that is the case, he is worse than I had thought.

Also, I wonder if Cersei promised him something else- title, land, etc if he goes back and helps her out with what I assume would be vs Margery and her family.

Surprised no one has come up with or mentioned the distinct possibility that Dany's boy toy basically sent off Sir Barristan. Any chance boy toy is connected to the Harpys?
none
Huh. I thought he came to her when she got to Mereen, killed the other 2 dudes, and help her take over the city.
Nope. He helped her take over Yunkai (Helped sneak Gray Worm and Barristen in) after killing the other leaders of the 2nd sons.

At Mereen, he pulled his #### out and pissed in the dirt after stylishly killing that dude on the horse.
It doesn't help that they changed actors for that character after the 1st season he was introduced.
True. Honestly I have been bored with Dany's story for a couple seasons, so forgot where she was and when.

I figure either:

I am not sure if he knows about Ramsay or not. I am sure he has part of the picture but maybe not the whole picture. His brutality against the Ironborn is prob well known to this point but may be chalked up to those crazy Bolton's and their flaying. I don't think that what he has done to Theon is common knowledge or his other psychotic tendancies.

However, Littlefinger likely feels that Sansa being a Stark and needed by the Boltons protects her in the meantime before Stannis marches on and takes Winterfell which is his preferred outcome but just as much as he is a 'betting man' he hedges his bets all over the place. Sansa to the Bolton is a hedge. If the Boltons win- he is allied with the Boltons via handing Sansa over to them. If Stannis wins, he has an inside track with being good with Sansa and it playing out like he expects.

[SIZE=medium]Why is Jamie ratting out Varys to Bronn? Is he just going to be in full denial over letting Tyrion go? Is he serious about splitting him in two or is that just an act?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lord Tyrell is such a buffoon. "or I'd have words with my daughter" everyone else - :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So Cersei sends Lord Tyrell to Braavos with Meryn before they capture Loras. I was wondering why she made him Master of Coin. Was she thinking that far ahead? The small council grows smaller and smaller. Cercei: Not small enough. Is that the end of Lord Tyrell? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just before Cersei offers wine to the High Sparrow, there is a brief shot of the note sent from Littlefinger. The only thing I can make out are "to be of further" and "my establishment" Seems like he might be in on events at the brothel. Littlefinger's plans are so baffling and could go in any direction.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The kid playing Tommen is doing a really good job. I didn't think he had it in him based on previous seasons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Does Roose Bolton know that Stannis is at Castle Black? Word must travel fast in the area. Seems odd to request men from Bolton, especially with the signature of Jon Snow.[/SIZE]

And after watching again, I have to agree with the theory here on Jon Snow's parents. Makes too much sense.

and...who are the Sons of the Harpy? Has to be paid fighters sent by the masters, no?

I figure either:

If that is the case, he is worse than I had thought.

Also, I wonder if Cersei promised him something else- title, land, etc if he goes back and helps her out with what I assume would be vs Margery and her family.
I actually think Sansa will win Ramsay over... but they made a point of having the camera lingering on Ramsay's girl/torture buddy- she's the one that will pose problems to Sansa, not Ramsay.

none

True. Honestly I have been bored with Dany's story for a couple seasons, so forgot where she was and when.
completely agree. I asked earlier what the point was of her hanging out in one place so long... the answer made sense (training/practice empire building)- but the reality is pretty uninteresting.

[SIZE=medium]Why is Jamie ratting out Varys to Bronn? Is he just going to be in full denial over letting Tyrion go? Is he serious about splitting him in two or is that just an act?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lord Tyrell is such a buffoon. "or I'd have words with my daughter" everyone else - :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So Cersei sends Lord Tyrell to Braavos with Meryn before they capture Loras. I was wondering why she made him Master of Coin. Was she thinking that far ahead? The small council grows smaller and smaller. Cercei: Not small enough. Is that the end of Lord Tyrell? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just before Cersei offers wine to the High Sparrow, there is a brief shot of the note sent from Littlefinger. The only thing I can make out are "to be of further" and "my establishment" Seems like he might be in on events at the brothel. Littlefinger's plans are so baffling and could go in any direction.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The kid playing Tommen is doing a really good job. I didn't think he had it in him based on previous seasons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Does Roose Bolton know that Stannis is at Castle Black? Word must travel fast in the area. Seems odd to request men from Bolton, especially with the signature of Jon Snow.[/SIZE]
Jamie was denying his involvement. Common knowledge is that Varys let Tyrion go because they both vanished at the same time. As for splitting him in two... it is suprising considering the lack of love for Daddy but then again, he is still Daddy and Jamie may feel betrayed.

I did not catch that note from Littlefinger. Nice job.

I had the same thought about Tommen. Pretty good acting chops from a young kid and one that basically had no lines for the previous seasons.

I am not sure word would travel fast. Stannis would not want Bolton to know and there is no love for the Bolton's in the north so not minor houses have any reason to let him know either. My best guess at this point is that it would be a surprise to Bolton to find out there is a large army on the march towards Winterfell.

none

completely agree. I asked earlier what the point was of her hanging out in one place so long... the answer made sense (training/practice empire building)- but the reality is pretty uninteresting.
I do find it interesting when people say Dany is one of their favorites. I guess in theory she is awesome, but her and her dragons haven't done #### for 3 seasons.

Jamie was denying his involvement. Common knowledge is that Varys let Tyrion go because they both vanished at the same time. As for splitting him in two... it is suprising considering the lack of love for Daddy but then again, he is still Daddy and Jamie may feel betrayed.

I had the same thought about Tommen. Pretty good acting chops from a young kid and one that basically had no lines for the previous seasons.

I am not sure word would travel fast. Stannis would not want Bolton to know and there is no love for the Bolton's in the north so not minor houses have any reason to let him know either. My best guess at this point is that it would be a surprise to Bolton to find out there is a large army on the march towards Winterfell.
That makes the most sense and I'm probably overthinking as usual but it just seems strange to draw attention to Jon being the leader of the Nightswatch by sending a request for men. Although it would benefit them since if he did send men it would weaken his defense of Winterfell.

Why is Jamie ratting out Varys to Bronn? Is he just going to be in full denial over letting Tyrion go? Is he serious about splitting him in two or is that just an act?

Lord Tyrell is such a buffoon. "or I'd have words with my daughter" everyone else - :rolleyes:

So Cersei sends Lord Tyrell to Braavos with Meryn before they capture Loras. I was wondering why she made him Master of Coin. Was she thinking that far ahead? The small council grows smaller and smaller. Cercei: Not small enough. Is that the end of Lord Tyrell?

Just before Cersei offers wine to the High Sparrow, there is a brief shot of the note sent from Littlefinger. The only thing I can make out are "to be of further" and "my establishment" Seems like he might be in on events at the brothel. Littlefinger's plans are so baffling and could go in any direction.

The kid playing Tommen is doing a really good job. I didn't think he had it in him based on previous seasons.

Does Roose Bolton know that Stannis is at Castle Black? Word must travel fast in the area. Seems odd to request men from Bolton, especially with the signature of Jon Snow.
Jamie was denying his involvement. Common knowledge is that Varys let Tyrion go because they both vanished at the same time. As for splitting him in two... it is suprising considering the lack of love for Daddy but then again, he is still Daddy and Jamie may feel betrayed.I did not catch that note from Littlefinger. Nice job.

Yeah, agree with him or not it was still Daddy Lannister, and I think Jamie realizes that Tywin was holding their name together. Also, I think Cersei got to him by saying that he basically killed him by letting Tyrion go.

That makes the most sense and I'm probably overthinking as usual but it just seems strange to draw attention to Jon being the leader of the Nightswatch by sending a request for men. Although it would benefit them since if he did send men it would weaken his defense of Winterfell.
Not strange in that the way it is suppose to work is that once you are in the Nightswatch you are not part of all the politics of Westeros. This is the reason why Maester Aemon is still alive and kicking and never seen as a threat to the Baratheon claim to the throne.

Speaking of Maester Aemon, last episode Sam said he was sick and couldn't attend the meeting. Wonder what's going on there. Doesn't seem like something they'd do for no reason.

I do find it interesting when people say Dany is one of their favorites. I guess in theory she is awesome, but her and her dragons haven't done #### for 3 seasons.
Yeah her story has really stagnated, something needs to happen and hopefully the Harpys will force it to.

Speaking of Maester Aemon, last episode Sam said he was sick and couldn't attend the meeting. Wonder what's going on there. Doesn't seem like something they'd do for no reason.
The dude is like 100 years old- I am thinking his time is coming.

Yeah, it won't be a surprise if he dies but there just seems to be more to it with Sam mentioning it 2 episodes ago. I'm not sure how much he knows about his families history after he left for the Wall but with the working theory here about Jon's parents, it should make for a good conversation between him and Jon before he goes.

Yeah, it won't be a surprise if he dies but there just seems to be more to it with Sam mentioning it 2 episodes ago. I'm not sure how much he knows about his families history after he left for the Wall but with the working theory here about Jon's parents, it should make for a good conversation between him and Jon before he goes.
Let's say we are right on our speculation about Job being Rhaegar's son..... how would Maester Aemon know anything about that? He was already in the Nightswatch well before those events took place.

Not strange in that the way it is suppose to work is that once you are in the Nightswatch you are not part of all the politics of Westeros. This is the reason why Maester Aemon is still alive and kicking and never seen as a threat to the Baratheon claim to the throne.
Also, the Night's Watch is a couple hundred or less, and mostly poor Andal trash with no real combat training. Most of the real armies we hear discussed on the show are several thousand men strong, so it's not like Jon could pose a real threat to Bolton, militarily, even if he wanted to.

Let's say we are right on our speculation about Job being Rhaegar's son..... how would Maester Aemon know anything about that? He was already in the Nightswatch well before those events took place.
No idea, just speculation. Just seems like there's a reason why Martin wrote in a Targaryan at the Wall. If he is dying, an answer might be coming soon.

Hmmm, more crazy speculation. Last week I asked why the woman in the square that Varys and Tyrion watched was talking about the Lord of Light, but called the Mother of Dragons the savior. Now with Melisandre at the Wall... wouldn't Aemon have the blood of a king in him?

I think it would be awesome if Maester Aemon turn into a White Walker and begins walking into walls and furniture. You know, because he is blind and all.... Ah #### it. HODOR....

No idea, just speculation. Just seems like there's a reason why Martin wrote in a Targaryan at the Wall. If he is dying, an answer might be coming soon.

Hmmm, more crazy speculation. Last week I asked why the woman in the square that Varys and Tyrion watched was talking about the Lord of Light, but called the Mother of Dragons the savior. Now with Melisandre at the Wall... wouldn't Aemon have the blood of a king in him?
Wonder if he could get it up.

No idea, just speculation. Just seems like there's a reason why Martin wrote in a Targaryan at the Wall. If he is dying, an answer might be coming soon.Hmmm, more crazy speculation. Last week I asked why the woman in the square that Varys and Tyrion watched was talking about the Lord of Light, but called the Mother of Dragons the savior. Now with Melisandre at the Wall... wouldn't Aemon have the blood of a king in him?
Wonder if he could get it up.
For dem jugs? Oh yea..

Who is Rhaegar Targaryen?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/most-important-game-thrones-character-youve-never-seen-164321262.html

Daenerys Targaryen. Jon Snow. Tyrion Lannister. You can probably name a dozen or so major players on Game of Thrones and give a detailed history for each. However, there's one crucial figure in Westeros you might not know much about, but who might end up being one of the most important players of all: Rhaegar Targaryen.

References to Rhaegar have been sprinkled throughout Game of Thrones' five seasons, but Sunday's episode spent a curious amount of time discussing a character who died over a decade ago. And since showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been ruthlessly trimming the fat in consolidating George R.R. Martin's books, we don't believe they would devote so much air time to Rhaegar without a reason.

So who is he exactly?

Rhaegar was the son and heir of King Aerys II, better known as The Mad King, and the older brother of Viserys and Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who was born after Rhaegar's death. He was popular, intelligent, bookish and a noted musician. Tywin Lannister had planned to marry Cersei to Rhaegar. However, Aerys shot down the idea as being beneath his son. Instead, Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, Oberyn and Prince Doran's sister. Elia loved her husband and she had two children with Rhaegar, a daughter, Rhaenys, and son, Aegon.

However, as Littlefinger briefly explained to Sansa in Sunday's episode, when Rhaegar won a tourney at the cursed Harrenhal, he passed over his wife Elia and crowned Ned Stark's sister Lyanna as The Queen of Love and Beauty. A year later, Rhaegar allegedly abducted Lyanna, an act which ultimately triggered Robert Baratheon's rebellion. But though the Starks and Baratheons view Rhaegar's actions as a violent kidnapping, according to Targaryen lore, Lyanna loved Rhaegar back and went with him consensually.

As the rebellion against House Targaryen gained steam, Rhaegar and Robert met in combat during the Battle of the Trident and Robert killed the beloved prince. It was the result of this battle that inspired Tywin, who had until then remained neutral, to launch the Sack of King's Landing. During this siege, Jaime Lannister slit Aerys' throat, becoming the Kingslayer, and the Mountain, under Twyin's orders, brutally murdered Rhaenys and Aegon before raping and killing Elia too.

In other words: Rhaegar was the match that burned down all of Westeros. He was the catalyst to the Targaryen downfall, to the bad blood between Dorne and the Lannisters, to Robert Baratheon's rise to king, to Daenerys' exile and to all the deaths that have occurred as a result. But the most important thing Rhaegar did remains to be confirmed.

If you ask most Game of Thrones fans who Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington) father is, few will say Ned Stark. That's because, as Stannis blatantly pointed out on Sunday, cheating on Catelyn with a tavern ###### doesn't exactly fit with Ned's code of honor. So, who are Jon Snow's parents? The most popular theory is that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. A huge clue in support of the theory, known as R+L=J, is that when Ned discovered Lyanna during the Sack of King's Landing, she entrusted her brother with a secret promise shortly before dying. It's highly likely this promise was for Ned to keep Lyanna's son with Rhaegar safe from Robert's quest to kill every Targaryen. And what better way to do that than taking the infant in as one's own ******* son?

If R+L=J is true, Game of Thrones could be paving the way for Jon to wind up on the Iron Throne, or at least play a very key role in the crowning of whomever does wind up ruling. When Daenerys visited the House of the Dying, she witnessed a vision of Rhaegar telling Elia that he believes their son, Aegon, is "the prince that was promised" and that they must have more children since "the dragon has three heads."

However, prophecies are not an exact science, so it's possible the identity of the prophesied prince could be Daenerys or Jon, (who would be Dany's nephew if R+L=J is true). If the prince was Jon, that would also explain Melissandre's growing interest in him, since the promised prince prophecy seems to be closely tied with Azor Ahai. Either way, it's highly likely Jon is the second of the three dragon heads Dany has been searching for.

So what do you think: Is Jon Snow Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? Is he destined to sit on the Iron Throne?

Who is Rhaegar Targaryen?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/most-important-game-thrones-character-youve-never-seen-164321262.html

Daenerys Targaryen. Jon Snow. Tyrion Lannister. You can probably name a dozen or so major players on Game of Thrones and give a detailed history for each. However, there's one crucial figure in Westeros you might not know much about, but who might end up being one of the most important players of all: Rhaegar Targaryen.

References to Rhaegar have been sprinkled throughout Game of Thrones' five seasons, but Sunday's episode spent a curious amount of time discussing a character who died over a decade ago. And since showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been ruthlessly trimming the fat in consolidating George R.R. Martin's books, we don't believe they would devote so much air time to Rhaegar without a reason.

So who is he exactly?

Rhaegar was the son and heir of King Aerys II, better known as The Mad King, and the older brother of Viserys and Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who was born after Rhaegar's death. He was popular, intelligent, bookish and a noted musician. Tywin Lannister had planned to marry Cersei to Rhaegar. However, Aerys shot down the idea as being beneath his son. Instead, Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, Oberyn and Prince Doran's sister. Elia loved her husband and she had two children with Rhaegar, a daughter, Rhaenys, and son, Aegon.

However, as Littlefinger briefly explained to Sansa in Sunday's episode, when Rhaegar won a tourney at the cursed Harrenhal, he passed over his wife Elia and crowned Ned Stark's sister Lyanna as The Queen of Love and Beauty. A year later, Rhaegar allegedly abducted Lyanna, an act which ultimately triggered Robert Baratheon's rebellion. But though the Starks and Baratheons view Rhaegar's actions as a violent kidnapping, according to Targaryen lore, Lyanna loved Rhaegar back and went with him consensually.

As the rebellion against House Targaryen gained steam, Rhaegar and Robert met in combat during the Battle of the Trident and Robert killed the beloved prince. It was the result of this battle that inspired Tywin, who had until then remained neutral, to launch the Sack of King's Landing. During this siege, Jaime Lannister slit Aerys' throat, becoming the Kingslayer, and the Mountain, under Twyin's orders, brutally murdered Rhaenys and Aegon before raping and killing Elia too.

In other words: Rhaegar was the match that burned down all of Westeros. He was the catalyst to the Targaryen downfall, to the bad blood between Dorne and the Lannisters, to Robert Baratheon's rise to king, to Daenerys' exile and to all the deaths that have occurred as a result. But the most important thing Rhaegar did remains to be confirmed.

If you ask most Game of Thrones fans who Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington) father is, few will say Ned Stark. That's because, as Stannis blatantly pointed out on Sunday, cheating on Catelyn with a tavern ###### doesn't exactly fit with Ned's code of honor. So, who are Jon Snow's parents? The most popular theory is that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. A huge clue in support of the theory, known as R+L=J, is that when Ned discovered Lyanna during the Sack of King's Landing, she entrusted her brother with a secret promise shortly before dying. It's highly likely this promise was for Ned to keep Lyanna's son with Rhaegar safe from Robert's quest to kill every Targaryen. And what better way to do that than taking the infant in as one's own ******* son?

If R+L=J is true, Game of Thrones could be paving the way for Jon to wind up on the Iron Throne, or at least play a very key role in the crowning of whomever does wind up ruling. When Daenerys visited the House of the Dying, she witnessed a vision of Rhaegar telling Elia that he believes their son, Aegon, is "the prince that was promised" and that they must have more children since "the dragon has three heads."

However, prophecies are not an exact science, so it's possible the identity of the prophesied prince could be Daenerys or Jon, (who would be Dany's nephew if R+L=J is true). If the prince was Jon, that would also explain Melissandre's growing interest in him, since the promised prince prophecy seems to be closely tied with Azor Ahai. Either way, it's highly likely Jon is the second of the three dragon heads Dany has been searching for.

So what do you think: Is Jon Snow Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? Is he destined to sit on the Iron Throne?
:thumbup:

I usually read the show wiki for some background but this has more detail.

R+L=J lol

I was wondering how old Danys was and didn't realize she was born after Rhaegar died.

Here I thought we were the smart ones to come up with this theory and apparently we are the slow ones that just stumbled on it while the rest of the world already was on top of that theory. :kicksrock:

I thought he told Jon that he was the Mad King's older brother. He gave up the thrown and went to the wall so it went to the Mad King. Thus, Rhaegar's uncle.

Also, the Night's Watch is a couple hundred or less, and mostly poor Andal trash with no real combat training. Most of the real armies we hear discussed on the show are several thousand men strong, so it's not like Jon could pose a real threat to Bolton, militarily, even if he wanted to.
have to assume Jon brings the wildlings/northerners army with him, if he heads south with any kind of army.

Users who are viewing this thread