What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (4 Viewers)

Hillman will be inactive because of fumbles. Ball has not impressed either. Moreno also had an awful game vs Indy last week. Anderson is going to be active for the first time.

I don't really care about Thomas, since not on Broncos, but what is the feeling on better between Ball and Anderson?

Seems like Ball is outta favor but who really knows with Anderson? Undrafted and just 1 good preseason game to go off.

Who is closer to that pot of gold: Daniel Thomas/ Ball/ Anderson?
Well we know if Thomas finds the pot of gold he can't pick it up.

That leaves Ball and Anderson. Moreno seems to be in the way of both. Of course as we have learned, all Moreno does is do his job in all phases very well, but for whatever reason the Broncos just keep looking for that "special" back.

discountdoublecheck said:
Hillman will be inactive because of fumbles. Ball has not impressed either. Moreno also had an awful game vs Indy last week. Anderson is going to be active for the first time.
Is this a prediction or it's been reported?

How can you say Moreno had an awful game? He had a pretty good game considering Fox kept force feeding Hillman the ball, Woulda have another TD had he been in there instead of Hillman

SaintsInDome2006 said:
andyk803 said:

That leaves Ball and Anderson. Moreno seems to be in the way of both. Of course as we have learned, all Moreno does is do his job in all phases very well, but for whatever reason the Broncos just keep looking for that "special" back.
Ball has sown nothing so far. I think his time will come... in a year or so

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24388550/broncos-rookie-running-back-c-j-anderson-make-nfl-debut

Denver Post:

Broncos rookie running back C.J. Anderson to make NFL debut Sunday

If the Broncos didn't give C.J. Anderson a look this week, when would they?

The undrafted rookie running back from the University of California will be activated on the Broncos' 46-man game roster for the game Sunday against Mike Shanahan's Washington Redskins, according to multiple NFL sources.

Anderson is expected to take the game-day roster spot of Ronnie Hillman, who fumbled at Indianapolis' 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter last Sunday to kill the Broncos' chances of completing a comeback.

The Broncos' running game through seven games has pretty much been Knowshon Moreno and little else, as Hillman and rookie Montee Ball have each had fumble problems.

Anderson at 5-foot-8, 224 pounds is the heaviest of the Broncos' running backs and may be able to help on those third-and-1 plays that Moreno failed to pick up twice last week at Indy.

Anderson had a terrific performance in the Broncos' preseason opener at San Francisco, rushing for 69 yards on 15 carries. But he suffered a sprained MCL knee injury a couple days later during a training-camp practice.

He was cleared to practice several weeks ago.

How can you say Moreno had an awful game? He had a pretty good game considering Fox kept force feeding

Hillman the ball, Woulda have another TD had he been in there instead of

Hillman
My mistake, in my haste to get the info out quickly I mixed up Moreno with Hillman. Moreno has averaged under 3 yards a carry the last two games though. So he hasn't been awful, just okay. I was piecing the information together to illustrate the fact that Denver could be looking to give their run game a jolt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pick up Anderson if I had a free spot on my roster.

I live in Denver. This guy is the future at RB.

I'd pick up Anderson if I had a free spot on my roster.

I live in Denver. This guy is the future at RB.
Thinking of dropping mcgahee for him. He's nearly unstartable and has no upside. Anderson prob won't do anything but it might be a good preemptive pick up.

5'8" 220, sounds like a bowling ball of an RB, excited to see what he can do with those fresh legs. Moreno is not know for his burst, and he seems to be slowing even more lately, but he is a great blocker. I guess Anderson will challenge Ball for the "closer" role to start...Just hold on to the ball son...

dont you think ball will get the first shot over anderson? one thing is for sure. Moreno will go down at some point. perhaps ball and anderson end up sharing?

dont you think ball will get the first shot over anderson? one thing is for sure. Moreno will go down at some point. perhaps ball and anderson end up sharing?
Possibly but everything always comes down to production. If a guy gets a couple carries and breaks one for 18 yards chances are he gets another carry. Especially with the buzz around the kid. The Denver backfield is a gold mine. It's made a horrible RB like Moreno a top 5 back. If some thing happens to him or Anderson does something with his touches who knows what will happen. I'd put the likelihood at prob under 5% but if you've got a dead spot it might not be a bad pick up. I think I'm gonna grab him and if he doesn't get any touches I'll drop him in a week or so.RB is sooo thin that if he gets 5 touches this weekend and looks decent he'll definitely be picked up in my competitive league. At the bottom of the wire I'll have no shot.

This kid was the best RB in the preseason for the Broncos but then got injured.

Moreno is the best pass blocker. Monte Ball has fumble problems too and can't catch out of the backfield.

The best thing for CJ Anderson would be for the Broncos to absolutely demolish the Redskins in the first half and Anderson gets time. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least 3-5 carries otherwise.

So keep Khiry Robinson or drop him for Anderson? I could do that now or wait til Sunday and pick up Anderson if a trade goes through and not drop anyone.

tsarc888 said:
I don't really care about Thomas, since not on Broncos, but what is the feeling on better between Ball and Anderson?

Seems like Ball is outta favor but who really knows with Anderson? Undrafted and just 1 good preseason game to go off.
I wouldn't say Ball is any more out of favor than Anderson. At least Ball has seen the active roster every week, and would have continued to do so had Hillman not fumbled.

With that said, I've still added Anderson as a short-term stash in several leagues. He has a high "urgency factor" (i.e. there's a good chance we gain a lot of clarity about him in the next week or two), and I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Klis is reporting it for the Denver post. Doesn't make it a 100% lock, but this is one rumor that appears to have some legs to it.

#### it. Ill get on the train. Have Moreno as my RB1 and Ball already stashed just in case.

Any reason to think CJ hopscotches Ball on the totem pole prior to the game?

#### it. Ill get on the train. Have Moreno as my RB1 and Ball already stashed just in case.

Nope.
Before the game maybe not, but all it will take is a couple impressive moments during the game to earn more reps. The barrier to RB2 is only Ball now and he's been very underwhelming. If Anderson looks good he could cement a role that would be immeasurably valuable if Moreno breaks down during the stretch run.

How can you say Moreno had an awful game? He had a pretty good game considering Fox kept force feeding Hillman the ball, Woulda have another TD had he been in there instead of Hillman
force feeding Hillman? It looked to me like they force fed Moreno all night. Hillman looked better than Moreno IMO. If he doesnt fumble last game I believe he would have gotten much more playing time this week

SaintsInDome2006 said:
andyk803 said:

Ball has sown nothing so far. I think his time will come... in a year or so
So he has no children yet?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this guy 3rd string even with Hillman inactive?
Ya but ball has done absolutely nothing this year so the bar is extremely low. The opportunity to impress is there if he gets the shot.

Dropped mcgahee for him and I'm on the bandwagon. Hoping for a few touches and maybe some garbage time action.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this guy 3rd string even with Hillman inactive?
Yup.
Yes but 3rd on the depth chart has been a different experience in Denver this year.

Moreno has 95 carries

Hillman 40

Ball 43

So while Moreno has had a little over 50% of the carries - the other half have been split between 2nd & 3rd string.

That doesn't mean that Anderson steps in and gets ~25% of the carries this week. It could be all Moreno & Ball - but the scenario seems likely he would get some carries this week - and thus the opportunity to surpass Bell on the depth chart. Or maybe become the short yardage back. Or maybe inactive next week.

Nope.
Before the game maybe not, but all it will take is a couple impressive moments during the game to earn more reps. The barrier to RB2 is only Ball now and he's been very underwhelming. If Anderson looks good he could cement a role that would be immeasurably valuable if Moreno breaks down during the stretch run.
Sure, which is why I added him in a couple of leagues. There is a non-zero chance that Anderson's value sees a huge spike in the next couple of weeks. I mean, I wouldn't say it's a GOOD chance, but it's definitely not a 0% chance. He's a good guy to grab early, hold for a week or two to see if anything's doing, and then if the likely happens and Anderson is a complete afterthought, you can move on to someone else.

Yup.
Yes but 3rd on the depth chart has been a different experience in Denver this year.

Moreno has 95 carries

Hillman 40

Ball 43

So while Moreno has had a little over 50% of the carries - the other half have been split between 2nd & 3rd string.

That doesn't mean that Anderson steps in and gets ~25% of the carries this week. It could be all Moreno & Ball - but the scenario seems likely he would get some carries this week - and thus the opportunity to surpass Bell on the depth chart. Or maybe become the short yardage back. Or maybe inactive next week.
Yeah. I like to call this "urgency"- a player's value is in flux, and we'll get some sort of resolution on it very soon. I like using roster spots on "high urgency players", because the ones that don't work out can be quickly dropped and replaced with someone else. As long as it's clear we're all just throwing something at the wall, crossing our fingers, and hoping it sticks.

I can tell which leagues have footballguys members by whether or not CJ Anderson has been picked up in the last 2 days

Yup.
Yes but 3rd on the depth chart has been a different experience in Denver this year.Moreno has 95 carries

Hillman 40

Ball 43

Yeah. I like to call this "urgency"- a player's value is in flux, and we'll get some sort of resolution on it very soon. I like using roster spots on "high urgency players", because the ones that don't work out can be quickly dropped and replaced with someone else. As long as it's clear we're all just throwing something at the wall, crossing our fingers, and hoping it sticks.
Agree completely, especially with the last roster spot or two. Just this year I did that with Stacy, Allen and Ellington in several leagues that have been good adds. If they don't work out you punt them for the next flavor of the week. This is all the more important these days with such transparency in FF...if a player has a good week every site/podcast has those guys on their WW pickup list and unless you're at the top of the wire or want to spend a ton of faab $'s you need to make preemptive pickups BEFORE they hit.

Users who are viewing this thread