What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (3 Viewers)

I have never owned Amendola in any league at any time and probably only watch about 2 Rams games a year so I think I have only seen Amendola play one time in his career. On that night he was off to a hot start and then fell on his shoulder or something and was out. I also think that night was his first game coming back from some injury.

Anyway, I know we spend a lot of time talking about injuries and if players really are injury prone and all that but if ever there was a case to be made for it, I think this guy has got to be it. We over react a lot in FF but it seems like people just KNOW that Amendola just can't be relied on. It is odd to me that the Patriots made this type of decision on him and let Welker walk. I guess I just expect them to be so super savvy in everything they do with players (although that certainly has taken a balck eye the last few years).

I want to pat myself on the back for the best thread I ever personally started.

I never new a joke thread would turn into something so legit to talk about the injury queen of the NFL.

I want to pat myself on the back for the best thread I ever personally started.

I never new a joke thread would turn into something so legit to talk about the injury queen of the NFL.
Haha. Yeah. This thing will get weekly action. Dola just isn't made for tackle football

I'm considering dropping him for Marlon Brown or Andre Roberts in my PPR.

It doesn't matter how many weeks THIS injury is, there will be one right after this too

It doesn't matter how many weeks THIS injury is, there will be one right after this too
I'm sure you could still trade him to a 1-0 team that looks strong and can afford to stash him. Also surprised that Andre Roberts is available in your league.

I'm sure you could still trade him to a 1-0 team that looks strong and can afford to stash him. Also surprised that Andre Roberts is available in your league.
Me too. I thought for sure him and Brown would be picked up this week but they weren't.....and it's a PPR.

missed two games in first two years of his career...

but than 20 of next 32 in 2011-2012...

lately he's made darren mcfadden look like brett favre and ironman-like in the durability department...

Out 2-6 weeks. By the time he returns Wes Welker will have 100 receptions. The Pats blew it big time in the off-season. And everyone knew it, including their fans. Some guys just can't stay on the field. And some guys can. Did the mighty Bellichek think his great coaching could change this reality?

Last edited:
What a joke. Glad I kept him in the 27th round (FA pickup) and didn't waste a higher pick on him.

Glass Danny Amendola

No one has any real information on this. Rapoport was only "reporting" what a doctor would say, that depending upon the severity of the groin tear it could be 2, 4, or 6 weeks depending upon how they label it. I don't think it is out of the question that Amendola could play in Week 3 at this point given that NE has 10 days between games. Bottom line, the report of how long he will be out is basically throwing sand and pure speculation.

I'm going with what the good doctor said over Rapoport any day. My guess is either the Falcons game or the week after that, depending on his health and the results. If they win in Tampa with Gronk they might want to rest him a week or two longer until he is 200%, to be sure.

jah77 said:
So Jay Glazer just said Danny tore his abductor and also might have a sport hernia that could require surgery
I guess he won't be doing any abducting in the near future then.

jah77 said:
So Jay Glazer just said Danny tore his abductor and also might have a sport hernia that could require surgery
I would be surprised if Amendola plays before Thanksgiving, if at all this season. A WR wit a torn abductor muscle? That has to be one of the worst injuries for someone who relies on speed and cutting.Horrible, horrible signing by the Pats. All these bad decisions are going to catch up with them this year. So glad I stayed away from all Pats players on my fantasy team.

Last edited:
Did he play through torn abductors week one or did he just further injure himself by coming back in? Both the former and the latter are utterly ######ed.

From my Twitter timeline on this...more in the Monday Injury Rounds tomorrow...read from bottom up...

1. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel1m
    That's all my speculation of course. Hope you all don't mind my quick fire peppering of your Twitter timeline.

2. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel2m
    I'll bet he does anything to talk himself out of surgery if recommended. And I'd bet his year gets uglier if he does.

Expand
  3. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel2m
    You've seen Amendola react to major SC injury last year. And his claims he'd return in 2 weeks from dislocated elbow.

Expand
  4. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel3m
    With sports hernia as poss dx, you'd think surgery was best option. But Pats just used IR/return on Vereen.

Expand
  5. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel4m
    No way to know whether Amendola's injury is aggravation or part of cascade. Either way, it isn't good.

Expand
  6. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel5m
    @SigmundBloom addressing on my timeline past few minutes

View conversation
  7. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel6m
    For reference, Greg Jennings said he'd be back in 3-4 weeks last yr. Took two months. Different type inj poss, but bet on the over if surg.

Expand
  8. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel9m
    While I'm tweeting, Glazer confirming that it's adductors. That's a better combination and possibly not an "additional" injury at all.

Expand
  9. Jay Glazer@JayGlazer11m
    I reported Danny Amendola torn adductors but he's gotten conflicting reports from docs on whether he has ... http://m.tmi.me/18Tivc

Retweeted by Jene Bramel
    Expand
  10. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel10m
    More difficult if additional hip muscles involved. And especially difficult if it is ABductors -- pulling hip out and opposing sports hernia

Expand
  11. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel11m
    Going to be harder for Amendola, a quick twitch wide receiver running option routes, to hit a 3-4 week return if surgery necessary.

Expand
  12. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel12m
    There's no single sports hernia surgery. Depends on muscle torn and severity. 3-8+ weeks is starting point.

Expand
  13. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel12m
    As usual, the projected 3-4 week timetable given for recovery after surgery for sports hernia is best case scenario.

Expand
  14. Jene Bramel@JeneBramel13m
    Wonder if Glazer meant ADductor and not ABductor... Either way, that w/ or w/o sports hernia is not good news for Amendola.

Expand
  15. Ben Volin@BenVolin19m
    Jay Glazer says on Fox pre-game show that Amendola tore his abductors, which connects the hips to the legs, and possibly has a sports hernia

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy. This just keeps getting nastier.

I overpaid for Edelman in a trade Thursday Night an hour before gametime, and it could be the move that saves my season as this rate with Sandy Amendola.

An adductor tear a/k/a groin tear? If so, he's out for a long time. Sometimes surgery is necessary. When he couldn't walk to the line of scrimmage I knew it was bad. Just hoping it wasn't this bad.

Pats better start making some calls to bring in some WRs. Edelman isn't going to hold up getting hit 20 times a game.

Pats better start making some calls to bring in some WRs. Edelman isn't going to hold up getting hit 20 times a game.
Pfft that little ####er will lead teams to championships this year! Amendola lasted 1 game.

From my Twitter timeline on this...more in the Monday Injury Rounds tomorrow...read from bottom up...

That's all my speculation of course. Hope you all don't mind my quick fire peppering of your Twitter timeline.

I'll bet he does anything to talk himself out of surgery if recommended. And I'd bet his year gets uglier if he does.

Expand
    You've seen Amendola react to major SC injury last year. And his claims he'd return in 2 weeks from dislocated elbow.

Expand
    With sports hernia as poss dx, you'd think surgery was best option. But Pats just used IR/return on Vereen.

Expand
    No way to know whether Amendola's injury is aggravation or part of cascade. Either way, it isn't good.

Expand

View conversation
    For reference, Greg Jennings said he'd be back in 3-4 weeks last yr. Took two months. Different type inj poss, but bet on the over if surg.

Expand
    While I'm tweeting, Glazer confirming that it's adductors. That's a better combination and possibly not an "additional" injury at all.

Expand
    I reported Danny Amendola torn adductors but he's gotten conflicting reports from docs on whether he has ... http://m.tmi.me/18Tivc

Retweeted by Jene Bramel
    Expand
    More difficult if additional hip muscles involved. And especially difficult if it is ABductors -- pulling hip out and opposing sports hernia

Expand
    Going to be harder for Amendola, a quick twitch wide receiver running option routes, to hit a 3-4 week return if surgery necessary.

Expand
    There's no single sports hernia surgery. Depends on muscle torn and severity. 3-8+ weeks is starting point.

Expand
    As usual, the projected 3-4 week timetable given for recovery after surgery for sports hernia is best case scenario.

Expand
    Wonder if Glazer meant ADductor and not ABductor... Either way, that w/ or w/o sports hernia is not good news for Amendola.

Expand
    Jay Glazer says on Fox pre-game show that Amendola tore his abductors, which connects the hips to the legs, and possibly has a sports hernia

I think I am just going to stick my head between my legs and kiss my a$$ good-bye, now.

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

View conversation

Expand

Expand

Retweeted by Jene Bramel
    Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Great stuff - overall, a bummer.

With great risk comes great reward... and great failure.

On to the next great risk.

Rotoworld is saying that Amendolabia tore his abductors. I believe those are the things that keep the ovaries and uterus where they are supposed to be. He could be out for a while.
This is a real ##### post. Being injury prone does not equate to being a #####.

Rotoworld is saying that Amendolabia tore his abductors. I believe those are the things that keep the ovaries and uterus where they are supposed to be. He could be out for a while.
Really? There is no room for a bit of sarcastic humor in an internet thread? In professional sports--one of the most important abilities is "avail-ability"--and this dude can't stay healthy walking in a straight line. The dude needs to find a way to stay on the field and he can't seem to do it. Call it bad luck, call it injury prone--whatever it is-- it's ridiculous. If I choose to laugh at it--and you don't--that's fine.

Really? There is no room for a bit of sarcastic humor in an internet thread? In professional sports--one of the most important abilities is "avail-ability"--and this dude can't stay healthy walking in a straight line. The dude needs to find a way to stay on the field and he can't seem to do it. Call it bad luck, call it injury prone--whatever it is-- it's ridiculous. If I choose to laugh at it--and you don't--that's fine.
I think he was pointing out that you don't understand the difference between being injury prone and being a #####.

I think he was pointing out that you don't understand the difference between being injury prone and being a #####.
In the world of sports-- I'm sure you've hard sarcastic remarks about "he tore his labia" in regards to a player that misses time--so I was making a sarcastic remark in regards to that--his last name happens to work well with the joke. Guess people take these posts super seriously in this place.

(Rotoworld)According to FOX's Jay Glazer, Danny Amendola has sustained torn adductors.

Analysis: The adductor muscles connect the hips to the legs. Glazer adds that Amendola has gotten conflicting reports from doctors on whether he has a sports hernia. He's gathering more opinions and will then decide how to proceed. If Amendola needs surgery to repair a sports hernia, he'll likely miss 4-6 weeks. If not, he could be back within 1-4 weeks. So we have a fluid situation and a wide 2-6 week timetable. Julian Edelman will be a candidate for 8-10 catches weekly while Amendola sits.

good gawd that sounds bad ........

(Rotoworld)According to FOX's Jay Glazer, Danny Amendola has sustained torn adductors.

Analysis: The adductor muscles connect the hips to the legs. Glazer adds that Amendola has gotten conflicting reports from doctors on whether he has a sports hernia. He's gathering more opinions and will then decide how to proceed. If Amendola needs surgery to repair a sports hernia, he'll likely miss 4-6 weeks. If not, he could be back within 1-4 weeks. So we have a fluid situation and a wide 2-6 week timetable. Julian Edelman will be a candidate for 8-10 catches weekly while Amendola sits.

good gawd that sounds bad ........
Blah blah blah ... "1 week" ... blah blah blah.

Or maybe he returns week 8-10.

Well I guess we'll just hang in there.

Danny Amendola (groin) was present for the start of Patriots practice Monday, but "wasn't moving well at all."
Per ESPN Boston's Field Yates, Amendola worked "gingerly" through drills and it was "apparent" his groin injury is affecting him. Still, we take it as positive news Amendola was practicing at all because there was never an expectation he'd play in Week 3 against the Bucs. If Amendola can avoid a sports hernia surgery, there's still a chance he only misses two games (including Week 2)
The mere fact that he was walking has me in a state of shock.

Users who are viewing this thread