What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dogs are freaking AWESOME. (2 Viewers)

I laugh at this thread more than any other on the site.

ETA: Make that second - forgot about GM and shuke eating.

Last edited by a moderator:
tokyo dog show... minecraft category.

images

images

12030247_1659332017666752_1754806990487276149_o.jpg

My son & Moose.  He's getting close to a year old now. (this picture was from last fall)

Anybody have a Labradoodle? Looking for a larger dog (live in an area with coyotes), family friendly, little to no shedding, and hypoallergenic if possible. I would simply go Lab, but my kids seem to be allergic to a lot of things. The Labradoodles seem like a good compromise, I just don't know anyone who's owned one.

Dogs are awesome. I think I convinced a few guys on here to get Boston Terriers. I had to put my girl down back in 2014, but got two more last year. My wife decided they needed their own instagram account. They have 5x more followers than I do :angry:

https://www.instagram.com/sippyandtenney/

Anybody have a Labradoodle? Looking for a larger dog (live in an area with coyotes), family friendly, little to no shedding, and hypoallergenic if possible. I would simply go Lab, but my kids seem to be allergic to a lot of things. The Labradoodles seem like a good compromise, I just don't know anyone who's owned one.
We just got one around Christmas.  Good dog.  All the traits of a Labrador and the wife and son have had little, if any allergy issues.

bichon might be for you.  people with wussy kids like yours seem to like this dog.

Dogs are awesome. I think I convinced a few guys on here to get Boston Terriers. I had to put my girl down back in 2014, but got two more last year. My wife decided they needed their own instagram account. They have 5x more followers than I do :angry:

We are getting one in July and we can't wait.    It's being born today (C-section).   My wife was out running and a stray Boston came up to her.   We tried to find the owner for a month or so and then my daughter said she'd adopt it after we were unable to find the owner.   We enjoyed having it so much we decided our next dog would be a Boston. 

I dog sat pugs once and they were freaking out at the TV.   Barked every time there was a dog on the tv.  pass.  :)

Yes. Awesome dog.

He does shed though.. kind of?  His hair doesn't get all over the furniture and clothes or anything, but when we let it grow out we find clumps of it all over the place on our wood floors.

Hmm, I haven't noticed any shedding with ours, yet.  We have a fleece coat so maybe that matters? Anyway, when she's brushed hair definitely accumulates on the brush but I haven't noticed too many stray hairs. She gets very sheepdogish when we let her hair grow out.  She's freshly shorn now, though.

Hmm, I haven't noticed any shedding with ours, yet.  We have a fleece coat so maybe that matters? Anyway, when she's brushed hair definitely accumulates on the brush but I haven't noticed too many stray hairs. She gets very sheepdogish when we let her hair grow out.  She's freshly shorn now, though.
Yea.. dunno why the hairballs show up only when it gets real long like this.

Hah.. he is actually that well behaved.

He got his share... and then some. :thumbup:
I'm trying to determine the perspective of the picture, but the bottom of the chair has been cut off.  Is the dog sitting in the chair and is regular size......or is this a giant dog and he's actually sitting on the floor?!

I'm trying to determine the perspective of the picture, but the bottom of the chair has been cut off.  Is the dog sitting in the chair and is regular size......or is this a giant dog and he's actually sitting on the floor?!
He is sitting in the chair.

We let him join us for Easter breakfast.

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/hero-dog-saves-year-girl-rattlesnake-39095181

Hero Dog Bitten Saving 7-Year-Old Girl From Rattlesnake

• By tamara lush, associated press
TAMPA, Fla. — May 13, 2016, 5:16 PM ET

•  
  •  
  •  
When a venomous Eastern diamondback rattlesnake appeared in the backyard of a 7-year-old girl, her German shepherd came to her rescue, refusing to back down even when the snake bit him three times.

In short, Haus is a hero.

"It shows you that a rescue dog, for us, paid it forward by protecting my family," said Adam DeLuca of Tampa.

Now hundreds of donors are coming to the family's rescue, quickly topping the goal of $15,000 Friday on a GoFundMe account to help pay for the antivenin needed to keep the dog alive. By Friday afternoon, $35,000 had been raised for the dog's care.

Haus is still recovering in the Intensive Care Unit of Tampa's Blue Pearl Emergency Veterinary and Specialty Hospital, and is being treated with anti-venom and painkillers, said Dr. John Gicking.

"Without the pain medication, he's in pain. He's responsive, he's alert, and his leg is swollen and uncomfortable," the doctor said.

Molly DeLuca's grandmother was watching her play with the 2-year-old shepherd in their backyard when the dog suddenly jumped in front of the girl and reared up several times. It wasn't clear what happened at first, but they could tell Haus was bleeding, and brought him to the vet.

When his leg was shaved, three bite marks could be seen — telltale signs of the rattlesnake.

The family lives near a state park that is a habitat for rattlesnakes and cottonmouths, and dangerous critters can slip under their fence from the wilderness, her father said.

The snake's venom damaged the dog's kidneys. Vets now expect a full recovery, but it won't be cheap: Each day in the ICU costs between $1000 to $1500, and each vial of anti-venom costs $618. Haus is averaging 4 or 5 vials per day as the poison leaves his system.

A family friend started the fundraising effort. The response, said DeLuca, has been "overwhelming."

Haus is expected to be hospitalized for another couple of days. The family plans to forward any unused donations to a local rescue organization.

The family adopted Haus just two months ago from a rescue organization, but they already had no doubt he would risk his life to save Molly or her four-year-old brother.

"He just exceeded our expectations all the way around," said DeLuca. "Right away, the kids were hugging and loving on him, he always took it, he never did anything. Whenever anyone came to the door, he would start barking and try to be protective. He has just been an amazing dog. He's the type of dog that when you want to go buy a dog, you pay thousands of dollars and that's the dog you get. But we adopted him and got him for free."

I had two myself.  So easy to maintain and great personalities.  Your top pic looks like my Cletus who passed away last year.  I miss that dude.  

Did you already try glucosamine chondroitin?  That's the standard approach and worked on our lab.

Did you already try glucosamine chondroitin?  That's the standard approach and worked on our lab.
He is on 75mg rimadyl, 1800mg glocosimine and 700mg condroitin/ day. It has helped but his leg still bothers him a bit. Initially had him on 150mg rimadyl but he was like a zombie dog.

Users who are viewing this thread