What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suicide (1 Viewer)

I see "Effexor" and freak. My cousin was on this. She had THE worse side effects of em all, and she's tried many. Even though it was very slowly weaned down, she felt like she had the flu for so long. Nothing helped that feeling. It was a mess. So a big heads up on Effexor as everyone I know irl who have been on it have been through hell in weaning off of it.
I second this. Nothing but suicidal thoughts when I was on it.
Thirded. It was terrible, and even though I've been off it for years I still get random body twitches and brain zaps that I'm convinced are from it.
Zoloft is another one to be wary of. Cousin had only 4 50mg doses, 1 pill a day, and it was like she was having a seizure! Muscle twitches, electricity going through her head to toe, she thought she was dying. So did I frankly. 4 years later and she still feels electricity and heat on the right side of her body. We're convinced it's the Zoloft fiasco.While all meds can have terrible side effects, in my digging around I've found Effexor and Zoloft to top the ranks of hell of em all.
Great, I'm on 300mg of effexor a day.
If it's working then focus on that. It stopped working for the people I know which is why they had to wean off of it and onto something else. Not sure I mentioned it in here somewhere as I participate on a few boards, but if ever you need to ween off of it, do a lateral slide to Pristiq first. It's in the same class as Effexor but by doing the lateral slide onto that, the side effects are lessened. From Pristiq if it doesn't work then go to something else slowly. One gal I know went this route ended up on Celexa and is doing quite well.

A woman just jumped off the building where my wife works on Monday. 27 floors, 367ft. You have to be pretty serious to do that.

Not sure if anybody noticed I was gone since the beginning of December.

It was because of this very topic. My 2nd attempt in 4 years. I was isolating myself, was overwhelmed with stress at work and never dealt with my sister's death a couple of months ago. Took a lot of Tylenol. Not a way to die. Very ugly and painful.

Ended up in the Hospital for 7 days, then in the pysch ward for another 7 days. Where, after many long talks, a great doctor diagnosed me with Bi-Polar and got me on Lithium, which has been great. Really has stabilized me.

And the last couple of weeks, I have been in a partial hospitalization group therapy (6 Hours a day Monday-Saturday). It has been pretty helpful. I am now moving to a less intensive therapy (3 hours for Mon-Thurs) starting tomorrow

I can never undo the pain I have caused my family and friends. My kids are talking to me at least, but I know they are still pissed at me. I have a lot of work to repair that relationship.

And I have a lot of sh** I need to do to fix my own life. Lot of the stuff I need to do is pretty effen scary, but I feel hope. It can work.

I have been trying to avoid my various sites because I need to work on my real life relationships and not be so much online. But for some reason I logged on here and saw the thread. So I told my story. I will disappear again for a while, but will be back for the 2014 Summer T-Shirt exchange if not sooner.

I will check PM's every other day in case somebody wants to talk about depression, Mental Illness or Suicide. I have been there and it is not worth it

And Curlynight, thanks for the link, I will check it out

Take care all
Good to hear from you... Im not a pill popper... and im not one to make idle threats. I have my letter written... just need to make sure my last wishes are understood.

It was because of this very topic. My 2nd attempt in 4 years. I was isolating myself, was overwhelmed with stress at work and never dealt with my sister's death a couple of months ago. Took a lot of Tylenol. Not a way to die. Very ugly and painful.

Ended up in the Hospital for 7 days, then in the pysch ward for another 7 days. Where, after many long talks, a great doctor diagnosed me with Bi-Polar and got me on Lithium, which has been great. Really has stabilized me.

And the last couple of weeks, I have been in a partial hospitalization group therapy (6 Hours a day Monday-Saturday). It has been pretty helpful. I am now moving to a less intensive therapy (3 hours for Mon-Thurs) starting tomorrow

I can never undo the pain I have caused my family and friends. My kids are talking to me at least, but I know they are still pissed at me. I have a lot of work to repair that relationship.

And I have a lot of sh** I need to do to fix my own life. Lot of the stuff I need to do is pretty effen scary, but I feel hope. It can work.

I have been trying to avoid my various sites because I need to work on my real life relationships and not be so much online. But for some reason I logged on here and saw the thread. So I told my story. I will disappear again for a while, but will be back for the 2014 Summer T-Shirt exchange if not sooner.

I will check PM's every other day in case somebody wants to talk about depression, Mental Illness or Suicide. I have been there and it is not worth it

Take care all
Good to hear from you... Im not a pill popper... and im not one to make idle threats. I have my letter written... just need to make sure my last wishes are understood.
What's going on here? Can I help with anything?

Take care all
What's going on here? Can I help with anything?
same.

not sure where you are, but please let us know if we can help.

Everybody feels hopeless at times. The truth of the matter though is that in the grand scheme of things nothing is insurmountable or cannot be recovered from.

Johnny: I know people here have Done the typical guy thing and busted your balls about stuff, but you seem like a really good dude. The way you took care of your father was something that moved me and gave me something to aspire to when my parents reach that point. And how you've looked out for and taken care of kids with very difficult situations speaks a lot to your character and what kind of person you are.

Not everyone always appreciates what you do for them and at times even we screw up, but from what you've shared, I'm pretty confident that you've made a huge positive difference in a lot of lives. Life can get really freaking tough and awful sometimes, but trust me, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. There are lots of resources to help you see that light and get there, including this board. You're a good guy. You still have a lot to offer those around you and there are absolutely people that care about you.

Johnny, I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't know you in real life so as stupid, silly or trite as it seems, you are a great poster. Which leads me to believe you must be a good guy. Which has nothing inherently to do with what you're feeling or a pot hole sometimes we stumble down in. And believe me brother, even if that pot hole is long and feels unending, if the answer is to end it, its just a pothole and there is life better and beyond and I know you can get there and I know we can try to help.

All I can do in this limited power of the moment is to tell you how much you are valued, and I'm not alone, I'm echoing the words of lots of people and lets face it we are all somewhat of a like mind.

Love you brother... hang tough, and please talk to someone... it can start here, you can PM me, you can PM any one of us, and hopefully you can talk to someone truly qualified.

Don't send a car to the junkyard because it gets a scratch on the hood. You can be, will be, and deserve to be adjusted to the point where you're running strong dude.

And hell, the season is less than a month away!

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
JC, I agree with all of the other posters. You seem like a good dude, maybe some therapy or anti-depressants can help.

I feel like you've got a lot to live for - Take it FWIW, but I think you know this too.

I hope you can find help with your problems, there is always a solution better than suicide dude.

I really hope you prevail and defeat your issues.

Johnny, I know how things can be with depression. I battle it every day, some good and some bad. Just stick it out and try the best you can to deal with it. If not for yourself, then do it for the people that love you.

Johnny, I know most of these words don't mean a whole lot when you are struggling. I have known/know people who have gone through with what you are dealing with and have thought about it. Talk it out. What's the problem(s)? You have a life many envy. Great job, awesome income, wife, kids, etc. I know there are speed bumps but you have the ability and means to overcome. Stay strong. Know that we all care.

I am worried.

johnnycakes Member Since 22 May 2006
OfflineLast Active Aug 15 2015 12:00 AM

Users who are viewing this thread