What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peaky Blinders -BBC Miniseries (1 Viewer)

Only 2 episodes in and wow - show has actually gotten better. 

The Wizard by Black Sabbath in Episode 1 was unexpected & surprising. Production, filming, sound track all top notch.

Just so well done - and already bummed this season is only 6 episodes and almost over.

Watched ep1 last night. So good. 

Cillian Murphy with a spectacular performance to start Season 5.

kind of feels like the reason that IDLES was created was to be able to have a song in this show.
My bat signal went off... Only 2 or 3 in and haven't heard them yet.

I guess I'm the only one finding these first couple episodes goofily overwrought, with way too many slow motion scenes of some combination of family members walking side by side trying to look tough/confident with smoke and fancy lighting and a backdrop of aggressive postpunk/blues/rock. And poor, heavy handed writing for dialogue and action. really not liking the direction choices so far. The last bit of what I watched seemed to get back on track a bit, some hopefully it gets better and less distractingly overdone.

I guess I'm the only one finding these first couple episodes goofily overwrought, with way too many slow motion scenes of some combination of family members walking side by side trying to look tough/confident with smoke and fancy lighting and a backdrop of aggressive postpunk/blues/rock. And poor, heavy handed writing for dialogue and action. really not liking the direction choices so far. The last bit of what I watched seemed to get back on track a bit, some hopefully it gets better and less distractingly overdone.
You're not alone. I'm a couple of episodes in as well and I'm not sure if it's the quality of this season that's the problem or if I'm just getting tired of it. I'll finish the season of course but something is off for me right now. 

totally agree.  way too stylized.

and you'll get there at the end.

Agreed.  Episode 6 was excellent, though.

Looking forward to Arthur meeting his demise someday.  Getting tired of him.

Glad to see Alfie back, even if it is a little far fetched.  

I was disappointed in the season finale.  How could Tommy be surprised the assassination of the fascist went sideways?  He pretty much advertised it in all the papers.  I was thinking the plan he told everyone wasn't actually "the plan".  So I guess the twist was that there wasn't a twist at all.  :shrug:   

Looking forward to Arthur meeting his demise someday.  Getting tired of him.

Glad to see Alfie back, even if it is a little far fetched.  

I was disappointed in the season finale.  How could Tommy be surprised the assassination of the fascist went sideways?  He pretty much advertised it in all the papers.  I was thinking the plan he told everyone wasn't actually "the plan".  So I guess the twist was that there wasn't a twist at all.  :shrug:   
The youngest brother scene with soccer guy was so badly deux ex machina-ed and thrown in there. As well as the sniper waiting for.... Dunno. Was he supposed to wait that long for a signal?

The scene with Tom Hardy could've taken up the entire episode, imo. Best character going and I don't care how they brought him back. Loved it.

I liked this one a little better, probably because of that scene. And IDLES.

who gave them up? Soccer guy as depicted? Michael's option B? Polly wenta crackers? Tom Hardy?

The youngest brother scene with soccer guy was so badly deux ex machina-ed and thrown in there. As well as the sniper waiting for.... Dunno. Was he supposed to wait that long for a signal?

The scene with Tom Hardy could've taken up the entire episode, imo. Best character going and I don't care how they brought him back. Loved it.

who gave them up? Soccer guy as depicted? Michael's option B? Polly wenta crackers? Tom Hardy?
Nobody knows!

Yes, I would much rather listen to Alfie dialogue than have to go through more of Arthur and his marital/anger issues.  I'm sure that's not over.  Was really hoping Tommy was going to be a split second late saving Arthur on the bridge, but Polly had to pull an Annie Oakley from 40 yards with a derringer.

They set it up like soccer guy ratted them out, but he could have just been making a call for hookers or more blow after getting that fat stack.

Finished last night after a month long break between ep4 and 5. Somewhere along the lines it became a struggle for me to want to watch. Sad :( . Was so excited for these season.  I was all in episode 1 then it lost me.  Agree with most of the above. 

Ep6 was good , despite some minor disappointments. I'll still check out the new season to see how this goes from here.

Arthur is ANNOYING! 

GIna is ANNOYING and her appearance is distracting.

Hope Aberama enjoyed his 1 family meeting.  (Or maybe he's not really dead either)

Hook me up for an hour with Tommy/Alfie just shooting the #### and I'm in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody knows!
Just binge watched all 5 seasons this week.  Super invested.  Theories of who it was?  I have a one I think is a good one.  No clue how to do that spoiler/hidden post thing on here though and don't want to ruin it for anyone haha.

Just binge watched all 5 seasons this week.  Super invested.  Theories of who it was?  I have a one I think is a good one.  No clue how to do that spoiler/hidden post thing on here though and don't want to ruin it for anyone haha.
[soiler] ... [/spoiler] just spell it right

So glad to see this bumped, forgot all about the series. Watched the first 2 of season 6 last night, I am at peace.
I meant to finish a rewatch in time to download the episodes that aired already on BBC, but have been too slow. Forgot just what an intense badass Thomas Shelby is and love the cinematography 

Seemed like forever since watching the previous season.  Didn't rewatch before watching season 6 but did watch the recap. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the last episode was a great close.

Son and I binged s6 last night.  Thought is was really good to great.  The ending wasn’t what I expected and I liked the twist but given everything we watched of them I expected something a little different.  Will wait a little while before too many spoilers.

I must be the exception but I thought season 6 was a dud.  There were very few highlights and a lot of boring stretches.  Didn't really enjoy seeing Tommy touring the country with Esme.  And they must have replayed Polly saying that one of them was going to die at least a couple of dozen times.

Plenty of slow motion walking while anachronistic tunes played.  :thumbup:

The twist at the end got me…seemed full steam ahead to an evitable end for Tommy…that was well done. Loved the shootout and bomb scenes also. Loved how Tommy stopped trying to be something other than a gypsy.

There were some stories that are left hanging obviously, but don’t we already know how most of the villains end up? Mosley, Kennedy, etc. The movie will be more focused on wrapping up the Blinders.

Wow. What an ending to an epic show. I loved the twist at the end, and thought the whole season was paced well. I'll be looking forward to the movie as well. The introduction of his new son was interesting. I would have liked for them to bring him out in an earlier season, but it was a nice tease of what to expect in the movie. 

I'm a bit sad though, the show was so well done, and there aren't many that can hold a candle to it. 

Taking it slowly.  1st episode was solid.  2nd episode was really a whole lot of boring.  Hoping it picks up a little.  Still enjoy it, no doubt, but that was the 1st episode of I've watched of this show where I felt like nothing really happened and I don't care if I finish this one.

Not enough Arthur and the little bit of him was a mess.

The music wasn't as cool. Mostly mellow and depressing

Too much time spent on his daughter's storyline when he barely paid attention to her in the past.

I don't mind the slo-mo because it usually led to a cool scene but not so much this season. One time it led to him opening a door when he went to to opium dealers.

The scenes on Miquelon island and shootout in the finale were great.

I'm glad it'll just be a movie to wrap it up. Starts filming in 2023 so it'll be a while.

Taking it slowly.  1st episode was solid.  2nd episode was really a whole lot of boring.  Hoping it picks up a little.  Still enjoy it, no doubt, but that was the 1st episode of I've watched of this show where I felt like nothing really happened and I don't care if I finish this one.

keep going....

Mosley was such a delicious villain in S5, but seemed like an afterthought here. I did give a rewatch before S6 and it felt like a bit of a letdown if that is the end

Last edited by a moderator:
Mosley was such a delicious villain in S5, but seemed like an afterthought here. I did give a rewatch before S6 and it felt like a bit of a letdown if that is the end
I’m sure they’ll address Mosley and Diana in the movie, considering the route their lives go in reality and who Tommy (assuming) stays aligned with.

***** Spoiler Alert Question ********

Do you think Tommy will operate in future endeavors as a "ghost"? From the ending scenes, the Shelby's probably all think he is dead and gone now.

MrJimiT said:
***** Spoiler Alert Question ********

Do you think Tommy will operate in future endeavors as a "ghost"? From the ending scenes, the Shelby's probably all think he is dead and gone now.
I think the only future endeavors planned are a movie to wrap things up.

totally forgot about the show... and never finished up the previous season, let alone even starting the final one.

maybe someday.. but not likely. I just ran out of steam(punk) with the whole thing- from acting to directing to visual choices. and esepcially the slow-mo tough guy walking with smoke and dramatic lighting from inside random places where no lighting belonged.

Users who are viewing this thread