What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fundraising ideas for youth football program? (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
I'm now a board member in charge of fundraising. We have several tried and true things we do, but I'm looking for the brains of the FFA to help here.

I'm considering:

A community "walkathon"

League t-shirts with sponsors listed and paying

What else do you all have?

I used to go door to door selling candy...

We would also spread out and hit the town at numerous locations soliciting donations.

Just do 50/50 raffles at every appropriate venue you can. Easiest way to make money as the prize is self-funded. All you need is a roll of tickets and a cause.

We just did squares for the Super Bowl and will be doing a pool with the NCAA tourney for girl's softball. Percentage off the top and most of the winners donate back some or all of their winnings.

Have an agreement with one of the other age groups. You will do a BBQ at their games, if they do one at your games. Parents and kids can work the booth. Hotdogs, Hamburgers, and pop/water/chips. Try to get food donations from local stores and acknowledge them at the BBQ with a sign.

You can make decent coin at a few BBQs

Lots of things:

1) Texas Hold' Em

2) Golf tourney (the poker and golf tourney work if you get lots of donated prizes or items for auction).

3) Restaurants - find a place that can pack a lot of people in - typically they will give you 10% of the proceeds

4) Christmas tree lots

5) My friend did Superbowl squares for $50 each to raise money to take his youth baseball team to Cooperstown. 5K to fill the board, gave $2500 back in prizes, kept the other half. Maybe something like that for March Madness?

Couple of things we do.

We have our own discount card. We worked with local restaraunts and businesses to offer discounts that go on the card. There is no cost to the sponsoring businesses other than the discount they offer. We have a local business print the cards on plastic card stock, they cost us about $0.50 per card. We sell the cards for $10 each and they are good for a year. We usually sell them at our field and also we set up at the businesses that sponsor the card. Sold 1200 cards last year and expect to do the same this year. Its our third year doing them. We are also planning on doing a large raffle. the grand prize will be a car/truck. But if we dont sell enough tickets it becomes a 50/50 raffle.

Do you guys sell merchandise like Tshirts, hats and equipment bags? Good money to be made for your org there as well.

What are your findraising goals? What are you raising money for?

Get some strippers from the local club to help on a car wash - Dads will really step up to help. Kids learn some important life lessons.

Couple of things we do.

We have our own discount card. We worked with local restaraunts and businesses to offer

discounts that go on the card. There is no cost to the sponsoring businesses other than the discount they offer. We have a local business print the cards on plastic card stock, they cost us

about $0.50 per card. We sell the cards for $10 each and they are good for a year. We usually sell them at our field and also we set up at the businesses that sponsor the card. Sold 1200

cards last year and expect to do the same this year. Its our third year doing them. We are also planning on doing a large raffle. the grand prize will be a car/truck. But if we dont sell enough

tickets it becomes a 50/50 raffle.

Do you guys sell merchandise like Tshirts, hats and equipment bags? Good money to be made

for your org there as well.

What are your findraising goals? What are you raising money for?
They do these cards as well. That's a good idea about setting up at the sponsoring businesses. I don't think they've done that in the past. They raise about the same amount as what you've said. Our goal is to build a concession stand and other field improvements, equipment, etc.

Thanks for your input! The 50/50 for a large prize seems aggressive. I'd be interested to hear how you plan to organize this. Feel free to send me a PM on this if you'd like.

My sons' hockey program sells Football Mania cards, each card costs $20, a person completes the card then has a chance to win money each week of the NFL Season dependent on points scored. Each card has each week laid out with 3 teams in each week, you get money based on highest combined scores or lowest combined scores. The website is Charitymania.com/footballmania.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assign each player 2 businesses to go to in town and make sure the player, NOT the parent, goes and solicits a donation from each business. I know several small business owners that complain about how they don't mind donating money but it irritates them its always the adults not the kids who come in. Also ask the newspaper to help out by running a thank you add to the businesses who donate.

Users who are viewing this thread