What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Brandin Cooks, DAL (3 Viewers)

No worries. Fully expecting high-end WR2 numbers, in what could be a sneaky shootout.
Not worried about his fragile bell that may have gotten rung last week and will Fuller shadow him? I’m tempted to flex him but worried about downside. 

GoBirds said:
Not worried about his fragile bell that may have gotten rung last week and will Fuller shadow him? I’m tempted to flex him but worried about downside. 
I think he's got a safe 5-65 floor, and an 8-140-1 upside. Bears D is nothing special. They have been struggling for about a month. Kyle Fuller is their best CB, but he's just an ok starter. If he shadows Cooks, that is a matchup the Texans should target.

I'd have Cooks in the WR10-20 range this week. 

GoBirds said:
It's a risk with any player in football. If last week's hit didn't ring it, I don't think his bell is significantly more at risk for ringing than most players. 

I think he's got a safe 5-65 floor, and an 8-140-1 upside. Bears D is nothing special. They have been struggling for about a month. Kyle Fuller is their best CB, but he's just an ok starter. If he shadows Cooks, that is a matchup the Texans should target.

I'd have Cooks in the WR10-20 range this week. 
I have both Cooks and Coutee and I'm trying wrap my head around how bullish FBGs are on Coutee. The only way I can see it is if the game flow unfolds similar to last week - with Cooks getting the "1" attention and targets going Coutee's way. By the projections I should be starting both this week but that feels like a huge risk to me.

I have both Cooks and Coutee and I'm trying wrap my head around how bullish FBGs are on Coutee. The only way I can see it is if the game flow unfolds similar to last week - with Cooks getting the "1" attention and targets going Coutee's way. By the projections I should be starting both this week but that feels like a huge risk to me.
I’ve heard some say it’s cause their CB after Fuller are weak, I’m struggling with this decision on Cooks as well. 

Bloom has long been coutee's biggest fan. I'm not surprised fbg is high on him. 

Coutee has always had success against the colts. He has 3 100 yard games, and all of them were against Indy. Might be a coincidence, but I don't trust coutee yet. At least not over Cooks.

Bears D is middle of the road at best
That’s a favorable take. I’d say they’re closer to middling to bad, especially with some injuries to the secondary & LB. Skrine is out, and their LB are  kinda banged up. 

their defense hasn’t been great all year. 

Rapoport just tweeted Cooks not expected to play. Schefter tweeted the exact opposite last night.

If Cooks is out does that make Coutee a must start?

Well, I just benched McLaurin for Coutee.  Hope it's the right move cause I'm in the playoffs and like an idiot didn't start Akers over Bernard.  Doh.

Fantastic, makes my lineup choice even more difficult. Was leaning to to putting big ben in over watson to pair with Diontae and Claypool, now this news has me thinking about leaving Claypool out, leaving Watson in and starting Coutee. Gotta love fantasy football problems lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, why would this news have you now considering putting in Watson over Roethlisberger?  I’m entirely confused why Watson losing a 2nd major weapon would influence your QB decision in this way.  

Brandin Cooks (neck) is expected to return to Houston's lineup for Week 15 against the Colts. 

Cooks missed Week 14 against the Bears with neck soreness after the team listed him as questionable. Cooks caught 5-of-8 targets for 65 yards against Indianapolis in Week 13 without Will Fuller (suspension) and Randall Cobb (toe) out of the lineup. Cooks should again function as the team's No. 1 receiver this week if he can suit up. Fantasy managers can deploy him as a WR2 in what should be another pass-heavy negative game script for Houston's offense. 

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle 

Dec 15, 2020, 10:02 AM ET

Trying to decide between Cooks and DJ Moore. Both out last week, both boom bust (and if they are booming, painful if they are on your bench), and both teams at 4-9 with not a lot to play for.

Trying to decide between Cooks and DJ Moore. Both out last week, both boom bust (and if they are booming, painful if they are on your bench), and both teams at 4-9 with not a lot to play for.
As a Crooks owner I would say he's been consistent.  He's the default #1 target and they will have to throw the ball.  Assuming he's healthy, I have no choice but to roll with him..  He most definitely has the better QB

As a Crooks owner I would say he's been consistent.  He's the default #1 target and they will have to throw the ball.  Assuming he's healthy, I have no choice but to roll with him..  He most definitely has the better QB
Thanks and interesting typo.

In general he's been reliable, but in my league over the past 6 weeks, he's been over 10 points in 3 games and under in another 3 (including the surprise bagel last week).

It's fair to say he's not boom bust, though I want the kind of performance he showed against JAX and TEN earlier in the season, not CLE and IND.

Thanks and interesting typo.

In general he's been reliable, but in my league over the past 6 weeks, he's been over 10 points in 3 games and under in another 3 (including the surprise bagel last week).

It's fair to say he's not boom bust, though I want the kind of performance he showed against JAX and TEN earlier in the season, not CLE and IND.
Surprise bagel?  Cooks was inactive.  That "bagel" should have come as no surprise.  Pass the cream cheese!

In fairness, Cooks led the team in receptions at Cleveland (ahead of Fuller and Cobb) and tied Fuller atop the stat chart with 8 targets, and he exited the Indy game early with a concussion, and still put up 5-65 (and despite leaving the game in the 3rd Quarter, Cooks finished second on the team with 8 targets).  If Cooks is healthy and ready to go this week, he is a good bet to lead the team in both targets and receptions.  He will be in my playoff lineup!

Cooks has at least 60 yards in every game since O'Brien was fired, that wasn't in a monsoon. His lowest PPR score is 12.5 during that stretch. 

If he's playing, I think he's a solid WR2 in the WR15-20 range. 

That's a tough call. There should be a fair amount of garbage time in both games, and both Indy and Green Bay give up yards in bunches. 

I'd probably go Moore in standard, and Cooks in PPR. I do think the Texans have more to play for, as a lot of guys need to put stuff on tape, for a new GM/HC next year. Also not having a 1st round pick, the Texans have no motivation not to go all out. 

I'd have both guys in my top-20 WR's.

Brandin Cooks (neck) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Cooks was also limited last week, puts this puts him on track to return Sunday. Texans interim coach Romeo Crennel has already said he expects Cooks to play in Week 15 against the Colts.

Dec 16, 2020, 5:40 PM ET

Brandin Cooks (neck) remained "limited" for Thursday's practice. 

Cooks was also "limited" last week before failing to suit up against the Bears. The good news is, he has shed his "foot" designation this week, and the Houston Chronicle has reported he is expected to return to rematch with a Colts defense he got for 5/65 in Week 13. Cooks has a bit of a checkered history at less than 100 percent health, so he should be considered a lower-end WR2 for this tougher matchup. 

Dec 17, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

Brandin Cooks (neck) will play in Week 15 against the Colts.

Cooks practiced in full on Friday and was removed from Houston's injury report altogether. He was available in a similar matchup against the Colts two weeks ago and came away with eight targets to Keke Coutee's nine and the third-most routes (41) on Deshaun Watson's 50 dropbacks. Although Coutee arguably has the higher floor against DC Matt Eberflus' zone scheme, Cooks falls in line with the highest ceiling among Houston's wideouts.

SOURCE: Texans PR on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 4:02 PM ET

Flirting with putting him in with Thomas now out but man it's a scary prospect coming off injury with him. 

This last wasn't a concussion though right?

Flirting with putting him in with Thomas now out but man it's a scary prospect coming off injury with him. 

This last wasn't a concussion though right?
No, not a concussion. Want him in as I'm starting Watson and need his best weapons out there. 

Didn't have the stones to roll with him. Going with Claypool upside vs Bengals D that is 31st in explosive pass plays. Hoping for upside. Good luck to any who are putting him in their lineups. It was a tough call.

Brandin Cooks caught 6-of-7 targets for 59 yards in the Texans' Week 15 loss to the Colts. 

In the post-Will Fuller era, Cooks has bookended his Week 14 absence with a neck issue with nearly identical efforts vs. the Colts' zone defense. It could be too little, too late for fantasy managers who had to trust Cooks as a WR2 this week, but he has a better Week 16 matchup in the Bengals, even though he could see a decent dose of the feisty William Jackson III. Cooks will remain a top-24 option despite his recent low-ceiling efforts. 

Dec 20, 2020, 5:43 PM ET

What was Cooks total yardage for today’s game?   Did he get receiving yardage for the last play with all the laterals?   CBS Sports had him over 150 yards receiving for a while but then knocked him back to 141 yards on 7 receptions.  The extra yards might make a difference.

What was Cooks total yardage for today’s game?   Did he get receiving yardage for the last play with all the laterals?   CBS Sports had him over 150 yards receiving for a while but then knocked him back to 141 yards on 7 receptions.  The extra yards might make a difference.
Saw i lost yards back to 141 in my league once the game ended.

Still huge from a guy I was benching until Landry ended up on Covid list.

Brandin Cooks caught 11-of-16 targets for 166 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' Week 17 loss to the Titans. 

The outburst was Cooks' biggest of the year, and easily moved him past 1,000 yards on the season. Finishing at 1,150, the oft-traded Cooks has crossed the 1K threshold five times in seven NFL campaigns, doing so for four different teams. Although he is still only 27, Cooks' name will undoubtedly once again come up in trade talks as the picks-bereft Texans embark on a rebuild. Cooks has said he does not want to be dealt, understandably so. He is signed for three more seasons and is set to make $12 million in 2021. Still one of the best pure deep threats in the NFL, Cooks will be a locked-in WR2 if he gets to keep catching passes from Deshaun Watson. 

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread