What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (7 Viewers)

Let's turn,this discussion back off the gravel road...

Beckham owners, what are you doing this week assuming he's suspended? I was considering picking up Randle...
No effing clue. On my bench its between Seth Roberts and Phil dorsett. I suspect there will be some trash on the WW that will be in my starting lineup come Sunday.

In case you missed it, Best Buy is advertising a sale on the OBJ cover MAdden 16 this week. Get it for your kids and share the awesome role model.

I can not believe nobody has seen what really was going on here with OBJ. OBJ is a star who was scared that this was going to be the game he was shut down. He was trying to get kicked out of the game. This was an easy way to enhance his rep without having to admit that Norman got the best of him. If he did not drop that easy TD none of this would have happened. Fear of real or perceived failure is a very powerful thing. If you do not believe me just ask Mike Tyson or Roberto Duran.

I am not a psychiatrist but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once.

According to the Brady ruling, there must be specific and clearly articulated notice in the CBA giving OBJ notice that he could be suspended for his improper conduct. He should get that Judge on the phone, or at least wine and dine him in the Hamptons.

I can not believe nobody has seen what really was going on here with OBJ. OBJ is a star who was scared that this was going to be the game he was shut down. He was trying to get kicked out of the game. This was an easy way to enhance his rep without having to admit that Norman got the best of him. If he did not drop that easy TD none of this would have happened. Fear of real or perceived failure is a very powerful thing. If you do not believe me just ask Mike Tyson or Roberto Duran.

Thanks for the insight Jean.

I guess it started even before the game with the Panthers carrying bats and one of them gestured with it to O'Dell and ODB turned and started jawing and had to be restrained by a trainer and punter Brad Wigg.

Here is the video:

---------------------

http://deadspin.com/new-video-shows-confrontation-between-odell-beckham-jr-1749253528?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

New Video Shows Confrontation Between Odell Beckham Jr. And Bat-Carrying Panthers Player

Let's turn,this discussion back off the gravel road...

Beckham owners, what are you doing this week assuming he's suspended? I was considering picking up Randle...
No effing clue. On my bench its between Seth Roberts and Phil dorsett. I suspect there will be some trash on the WW that will be in my starting lineup come Sunday.
I'll have to start two of Andre Williams, Jerick McKinnon, Corey Brown and Roddy White (instead of just one). Don't know which two I'll choose.

I wish he would just call "politically correct, sensitive pony-tail man" Goodell racist or something. That would get him off for sure!

Who you gonna have on next week, Dr. Phil?

Who you gonna have on next week, Dr. Phil?
No show this week. I will be busy reattaching Evander's Ear. No Mas free therapy for you.

My Grandmother called me Dr. Phil Once...

...Once

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it started even before the game with the Panthers carrying bats and one of them gestured with it to O'Dell and ODB turned and started jawing and had to be restrained by a trainer and punter Brad Wigg.

Here is the video:

---------------------

http://deadspin.com/new-video-shows-confrontation-between-odell-beckham-jr-1749253528?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

New Video Shows Confrontation Between Odell Beckham Jr. And Bat-Carrying Panthers Player
wait...I thought that Beckham was the bad guy here....

There's a chance he's crazy and goes psycho in a game and is banned for a year. The odds of that happening... 0.1% or less.

He's a great player and this is just his immaturity showing.

He hit someone in the helmet with his helmet, has this never happened before?

Im just wondering, because the outrage over this is unwarranted.

Mike and Mike lead the narrative every single morning in the sports world, they are the stock market, what they talk about continues on and this was over dramatized on their show for over 4 hours and replayed after replay. They even had Norman on to talk about it before Beckham was even suspended and let everyone know sources say he was suspended and allowed Norman to play innocent.

There is a clear agenda and if the media wasnt outraged there would not be a suspension. GUARANTEED. Just like if the media was outraged by Pacman Jones taking someones head and pounding it into the ground he would not have gotten suspended. Wait, never mind, they were not because they did not build up that matchup as the greatest ever the week leading up to the game.

Here is the video:

---------------------

Sorry if I'm coming late to the party here, but what is the deal with the alleged "homophobic slurs."

What were the slurs?

Why are they targeting Beckham with these slurs. Is it because of his hair and dancing and/or are there actual rumors that he is gay.

(Not that there is anything wrong with it.)

Here is a thought. What if everyone launched themselves at the heads of unsuspecting players when they were taunted pregame or called the f- or n- word. Would it look like a crash derby? How many players have ever been assaulted by a flaming bat? Is this something pop warner parents should be concerned about? The excuses continue to pour in for this kid and that lame video proves nothing other than OBJ is a weak minded simpleton who can be manipulated with name calling. Let your actions speak on the field young man. Never waver from who you are...unless of course...thats who you are!!!!

Here is the video:

---------------------

That looks pretty bad on the Panthers. Clearly a guy with a bat is walking towards Beckham.

Again, not condoning anything at all that Beckham did. It was a helmet-to-helmet vicious hit. I do think it should be a heavy fine and not a suspension, because it happened during the play, and because he's on my fantasy team. :)

But it still looks really bad on the Panthers. They clearly were taking the trash-talking to a whole new level.

If you haven't heard the Deion Sanders interview, it's a telling interview. He said when a new young rookie came into the league, he would try and completely destroy them in the first matchup. He said his goal was to humiliate, to dominate and to let them know that he owned them, for the rest of their career.

In my mind, longterm, Odell won the day. Norman has thoroughly gotten into the heads of every receiver he's faced. Receivers are throwing up blanks on Norman. It appears that they tried all sorts of intimidation on Odell and he reacted like a 22 year old hothead. He was way too aggressive in the first half, though Norman was too, and then he crossed the line with a vicious shot. But overall, he let Norman know that he's not intimidated. He then sealed the day with a TD on Norman to tie the game.

Then Norman has done nothing but run around and cry to the media in the days since.

But I guarantee you this, Norman doesn't have that mental advantage over Beckham like he does over all the other great receivers he faced this year. Beckham stood up to him, burned him once for a TD (and really burned him twice if he hadn't have dropped the bomb) and showed he's not afraid. Unfortunately, he crossed the line and infuriated an easily infuriated segment of the NFL population who don't like showboating.

Here is a thought. What if everyone launched themselves at the heads of unsuspecting players when they were taunted pregame or called the f- or n- word. Would it look like a crash derby? How many players have ever been assaulted by a flaming bat? Is this something pop warner parents should be concerned about? The excuses continue to pour in for this kid and that lame video proves nothing other than OBJ is a weak minded simpleton who can be manipulated with name calling. Let your actions speak on the field young man. Never waver from who you are...unless of course...thats who you are!!!!
Here is a thought, he does let his actions speak on the field and its funny you are calling a guy who plays in the NFL at the top level a weak minded simpleton.

Page 60. C'mon salty OBJ owners. Get us to 100...YOU CAN DO IT
I'm an owner and I'm fine with him getting suspended. I can't stand the one-sided way the media is reporting it. It's outrageous. A man physically walks up to Beckham during pregame with a baseball bat, tells him he's going to end his career and gets within a yard of him. This isn't "spin", there is video evidence. Norman body slams Beckham and Norman also begins the play in which Beckham blind-sides him with a punch on the back of his helmet.

But is anyone in the league calling out Norman for punching Beckham? Not a word. It blows my mind. This should be a story of two guys that got out of hand, and somehow it's turned into "Beckham is a thug".

I'm an owner and I'm fine with him getting suspended. I can't stand the one-sided way the media is reporting it. It's outrageous. A man physically walks up to Beckham during pregame with a baseball bat, tells him he's going to end his career and gets within a yard of him. This isn't "spin", there is video evidence. Norman body slams Beckham and Norman also begins the play in which Beckham blind-sides him with a punch on the back of his helmet.

But is anyone in the league calling out Norman for punching Beckham? Not a word. It blows my mind. This should be a story of two guys that got out of hand, and somehow it's turned into "Beckham is a thug".
Great post shader.

While I don't think Norman is innocent, that play had Odell throwing hands at Norman as he ran by.

I've heard that the Panthers have a bat on the field every game. Can anyone verify that?

Also, ROFL at the guy who thinks Beckham won the matchup because of the late touchdown. He was held without a catch for almost three quarters. And his longest gain came when Norman wasn't even covering him. Plus they lost. Plus he got him to lose his mind and get suspended. I'm not sure I've ever seen a better example of an elite athlete getting mentally owned.

While I don't think Norman is innocent, that play had Odell throwing hands at Norman as he ran by.
I don't see that

I've heard that the Panthers have a bat on the field every game. Can anyone verify that?

Also, ROFL at the guy who thinks Beckham won the matchup because of the late touchdown. He was held without a catch for almost three quarters. And his longest gain came when Norman wasn't even covering him. Plus they lost. Plus he got him to lose his mind and get suspended. I'm not sure I've ever seen a better example of an elite athlete getting mentally owned.
It's irrelevant. If you're threatened with a bat, you're threatened with a bat whether the bat is always there or not.

Also, Beckham had 6 catches for 76 yards and a TD. That's 96-1216-16 if you extrapolate it. That's a very good game. I won't throw in the drop because that was bad on Beckham, but he clearly burnt Norman there.

It's also interesting that right after Beckham got the hit on Norman, the Giants unloaded on the Panthers and scored 28 points. Beckham also played much better after that too. Beckham was likely tired of being pushed around, he reacted, and Norman fell apart. Over the line? Yeah. But hey when you bully someone with a bat and verbally abuse them, I won't feel too sorry for you.

Beckham deserves a suspension, but Norman is no hero or victim here. And if he did get in Odell's head in the first half, Odell responded in the 2nd and didn't back down.

I know this is a different narrative than the media pushes so you should probably run back to ESPN and remind yourself of how bad Beckham is.

I don't see that
imo, it appears that norman was countering a swing (and a miss) by odb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIhuIBa3Pa8

I don't see that
imo, it appears that norman was countering a swing (and a miss) by odb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIhuIBa3Pa8
Hard to say. Either way, both crossed the line and should have been ejected.

It's irrelevant. If you're threatened with a bat, you're threatened with a bat whether the bat is always there or not.

Also, Beckham had 6 catches for 76 yards and a TD. That's 96-1216-16 if you extrapolate it. That's a very good game. I won't throw in the drop because that was bad on Beckham, but he clearly burnt Norman there.

It's also interesting that right after Beckham got the hit on Norman, the Giants unloaded on the Panthers and scored 28 points. Beckham also played much better after that too. Beckham was likely tired of being pushed around, he reacted, and Norman fell apart. Over the line? Yeah. But hey when you bully someone with a bat and verbally abuse them, I won't feel too sorry for you.

Beckham deserves a suspension, but Norman is no hero or victim here. And if he did get in Odell's head in the first half, Odell responded in the 2nd and didn't back down.

I know this is a different narrative than the media pushes so you should probably run back to ESPN and remind yourself of how bad Beckham is.
Glad we agree.. Nobody is claiming Norman was a hero or his nose is totally clean. What he did deserved penalty flags and possible fines, what OBJ did deserved a suspension. Simple as that.

norman and obj were both goin at it about the same amount, beckam just landed his cheapshot better and both should have been ejected. not being ejected means that he shouldn't be suspended. Refs blew that game big time.
So because the refs blew it and didn't throw either of them out, the league should turn a blind eye to a player trying to intentionally injure another by launching his helmet into his head? Wonderful logic.
Thats not his logic or what he said at all

at what point do you believe an opponent is going to hit you with an effing bat on an NFL field?

:lol:

come on.
Let's bring guns then. In a sport based on physical violence, what could go wrong with weapons on the field.
what? are you honestly trying to tell me ODB felt threatened that he was actually going to be beaten w a bat, on an NFL field, in broad daylight, cameras everywhere... and whatever else you wanna add.

zero chance in hell he was actually threatened by the situation. it just fired him up to a point he cannot reign himself in from.

at what point do you believe an opponent is going to hit you with an effing bat on an NFL field?

:lol:

come on.
Around the same time you believe an NFL punter will swing an axe in the locker room into his own leg. Or around the same time a defensive back would take a wideout by the helmet and slam it into the turf repeatedly.Nah, that kind of stuff would never happen.

Great post here.

Users who are viewing this thread