What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sammy Watkins, BAL (2 Viewers)

He should have just stopped his rant after about the 5th line and then there would have been no issues. Some athletes are just so stupid.

Watkins later deleted his comment, which was a pretty empty gesture given the lifespan of things posted on the internet. He doubled back on Wednesday to post an apology for his “inappropriate” comments and that he criticism is “part of the game.” Watkins also said that he’s frustrated about being injured because he wants to “help the team and win for the city of Buffalo and for my teammates.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/sammy-watkins-my-comments-were-inappropriate/

People talk #### to him, suddenly he's the bad guy for talking #### back. Dude's got feelings. NBD.

Internet guys judge behind their cloaks. Anonymity is too easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
People talk #### to him, suddenly he's the bad guy for talking #### back. Dude's got feelings. NBD.

Don't think that's the point. He's a professional, deal with it. People have been called worse or have been spoken to worse and deal with it as they should. He should know what business he's in.

Don't think that's the point. He's a professional, deal with it. People have been called worse or have been spoken to worse and deal with it as they should. He should know what business he's in.
As a football player, Sammy just has to deal with insensitive, insulting fans, as in an uncontrollable force of nature, is that your argument?

At least athletes are highly compensated, enough for dealing with #### stick fans.

He needs to grow up, and learn to be a professional on and off the field. If fan talk bothers him he has no chance at a long term career as a professional athlete.

His career is off to a very rocky start. Adversity tests your will and your mettle. You either keep working hard climbing the everlasting mountain or you tumble and fail.

Grow up Sammy or your career will end soon and you will be a regular Joe like most of the country. Very immature to post by him. Just plain dumb.

I dropped him last week...feeling better about that today just because of how high his doosh-factor is at the moment.

I am genuinely curious how one graduates from college with a 2nd grade level of understanding of the English language. My 7 year old writes significantly better.

Actually, it could be that Sammy Watkins is a modern-day genius in the mold of William Faulkner or James Joyce, whose artistic vision can't be constrained by your pedestrian rules of grammar and punctuation.

Or it could be the football thing. We'll probably never know.

Actually, it could be that Sammy Watkins is a modern-day genius in the mold of William Faulkner or James Joyce, whose artistic vision can't be constrained by your pedestrian rules of grammar and punctuation.

Or it could be the football thing. We'll probably never know.
The NFL's e e cummings

So found this interesting:

Last year, in 206 attempts vs man coverage, Sammy graded as "open" 49.5% of the time. That's not good. For comparison, Landry is 62% on 99 attempts, OBJ 80% on 166, A-Rob 71% on 113, Crabtree 70% on 140, Antonio Brown 79% on 187.

Only Justin Hunter, Marqise Lee, & Davante Adams had worse SRVC scores against Man Coverage last year than Sammy Watkins Don't shoot the messenger; just wanted to share it

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-data-results-from-year-1.html

Last year, in 206 attempts vs man coverage, Sammy graded as "open" 49.5% of the time. That's not good. For comparison, Landry is 62% on 99 attempts, OBJ 80% on 166, A-Rob 71% on 113, Crabtree 70% on 140, Antonio Brown 79% on 187.

Only Justin Hunter, Marqise Lee, & Davante Adams had worse SRVC scores against Man Coverage last year than Sammy Watkins Don't shoot the messenger; just wanted to share it

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-data-results-from-year-1.html
This is the kind of unique, insightful information I wish there was more of here. Thanks!

ETA - Just for clarification, If I'm understanding this data in the link correctly, this data looked at 27 WR's...not all NFL receivers. Just wanted to point that out as it is inferred from the above that Watkins, Hunter, Lee, and Adams are the worst in the league. They're just the worst of the 27 shown...

This is the kind of unique, insightful information I wish there was more of here. Thanks!

ETA - Just for clarification, If I'm understanding this data in the link correctly, this data looked at 27 WR's...not all NFL receivers. Just wanted to point that out as it is inferred from the above that Watkins, Hunter, Lee, and Adams are the worst in the league. They're just the worst of the 27 shown...
Yea I am trying to find the whole list but can't. Here's another article on Sammy with that same insightful information if you want to read it.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=harmon_receptionperception_watkins15

I am genuinely curious how one graduates from college with a 2nd grade level of understanding of the English language. My 7 year old writes significantly better.
I'll bet the ability to consistently beat man coverage (or tackle the ball-carrier, make three-pointers, etc.) has something to do with it.
View this message as talk to text type thing and the language isn't so bad. It's pretty obvious to me he said "everyone wants" in a talk to text app and it came through as "everyone once." His true crime here is proofreading.

I'll bet the ability to consistently beat man coverage (or tackle the ball-carrier, make three-pointers, etc.) has something to do with it.
View this message as talk to text type thing and the language isn't so bad. It's pretty obvious to me he said "everyone wants" in a talk to text app and it came through as "everyone once." His true crime here is proofreading.
Well, that and being a doosh that looks down on little people.I really don't care, though. I don't have to like him. He's not my friend or neighbor. Just play football. They guy needs to get on the field and off the social media.

If I hadnt just bought him I would now. Dirt cheap, not done for the year, bad PR spin and yet the arm of Taylor.

Buy wicked low if you can stash him until hes healthy.

People on this forum get so butt-hurt when a guy they invest in gets injured, it skews their whole perception. A lot of you are going to feel like dummies if you give up on Watkins because he's got some injuries in his second year, he's a stud in the making. Talking about his dynasty value or rankings changing after half a season because of some injuries, please.

Someone dropped him in one redraft league I am in. I was shocked. I scooped him him up on waivers. Been sitting on him for 3 weeks. I think after the bye week will be telling for the stretch run. I'm rather excited to see what happens.

Started him this week with Fitz on bye and Keenan on IR. Could be the beginning of something beautiful. Welcome to my flex position Sammy. Looking great buddy.

People on this forum get so butt-hurt when a guy they invest in gets injured, it skews their whole perception. A lot of you are going to feel like dummies if you give up on Watkins because he's got some injuries in his second year, he's a stud in the making. Talking about his dynasty value or rankings changing after half a season because of some injuries, please.
You guys feel dumb yet?

You guys feel dumb yet?
So many people get so invested and get upset when a guy gets hurt etc.

Watching this game today is just another example of how good Watkins is. THis is not new to anyone that actually watches him play. He is always open he just needs to get the targets and he also needs to stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread