What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

Am I crazy to be thinking about playing Ginn this week against the Giants (2 starting CBs are out) over Evans against the Bears (Whose corners are vulnerable, but that pass rush is going to go through the Buc's O Line like water). League is PPR.  I probably play Evans, but I want some of that Giants-NO game.  ,,, 

Am I crazy to be thinking about playing Ginn this week against the Giants (2 starting CBs are out) over Evans against the Bears (Whose corners are vulnerable, but that pass rush is going to go through the Buc's O Line like water). League is PPR.  I probably play Evans, but I want some of that Giants-NO game.  ,,, 
Are you crazy , Evens is on Fire , he’s playing amazing, never sit your studs.

Are you crazy , Evens is on Fire , he’s playing amazing, never sit your studs.
I hear you.  I totally agree.  I see those animals on that scary Bears Defense though and I don't think Fitz is going to make it out of there.  But, on the bright side, I do think Evans will dominate the Bears corners.  I hope there is enough time to get him the ball.  

Mike Evans is now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers all-time leading receiver with 5063 yards.

Before today's game, out of all 32 active franchises, Tampa's Mark Carrier was the franchise-leading receiver with the fewest receiving yards (5018).

Evans passed Carrier, and one other team's franchise-leading receiver. Trivia question: Now the franchise-leading receiver with the fewest receiving yards is: ________, with 5059 receiving yards.

Mike Evans is now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers all-time leading receiver with 5063 yards.

Before today's game, out of all 32 active franchises, Tampa's Mark Carrier was the franchise-leading receiver with the fewest receiving yards (5018).

Evans passed Carrier, and one other team's franchise-leading receiver. Trivia question: Now the franchise-leading receiver with the fewest receiving yards is: ________, with 5059 receiving yards.
No way I can guess the player, but I’d think it’d be someone from either the Bears or Browns. 

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
starks said:
Monster day from Winston and this guy is not part of it
there will be better days. As bad as the ATL defense is, Alford and Trufant are still good corner backs and playing relatively well.

Dr. Octopus said:
Baltimore Ravens maybe? They haven’t been around that long and they’re always changing their WRs. 
This. 

Probably Derrick Mason. 
Derrick Mason is the Ravens' all-time leading receiver, with 5777 yards. That is the third-lowest franchise number, ahead of Mike Evans and ________.

(Mason had more yards with Tennessee than with Baltimore, but he's still Baltimore's all-time leader. Todd Heap had nearly all of his receiving yards in Baltimore and he is also ahead of Evans, with 5492 yards.)

Last edited by a moderator:
guessing Jimmy Smith - Jacksonville then.
Jimmy Smith is Jacksonville's all-time leading receiver, but he has 12287 yards, more than Mike Evans and ________ put together. Dude should be in the Hall of Fame.

And Keenan McCardell has 6393 for the Jaguars, which is also more than Mason in BAL, Evans in TB, or ________ in ___.

It's not Willie Gault for the Bears? That can't be possible. I agree with another poster it's a Brown. I'm 41 and I'm struggling to think of a Browns WR from the 80s/90s. Digging deep into the Tecmo Bowl vaults and coming up empty. Was Brian Falen (sp?) a Brown? Or good lord is it Ozzie Newsome? Feels like too little for a HOF TE.

So it must be a Bear. Alright, I'm saying Gault and now doing a PFR dive .....

It's not Willie Gault for the Bears? That can't be possible. I agree with another poster it's a Brown. I'm 41 and I'm struggling to think of a Browns WR from the 80s/90s. Digging deep into the Tecmo Bowl vaults and coming up empty. Was Brian Falen (sp?) a Brown? Or good lord is it Ozzie Newsome? Feels like too little for a HOF TE.

So it must be a Bear. Alright, I'm saying Gault and now doing a PFR dive .....
They had a couple of good ones in the 80’s- Reggie Langhorn and Webster Slaughter

Michael Jackson had a nice run for the Browns too. Died last year in a motorcycle accident :(

Johnny Morris for the Bears?
We have a winner!

Johnny Morris had 5059 receiving yards for the Bears from 1959-1967, which is the most in the franchise's 99 year history. You can see the Bears' franchise leaderboard here; Curtis Conway is 6th and Willie Gault is 9th. Only 3 of the Bears' top 5 are wide receivers, and only 1 of them took the field in the past 30 years. That one is Alshon Jeffery, who had a great shot to take the lead but left for Philly; he sits at #3 just ahead of Walter Payton.

Ozzie Newsome is the Browns' leader, but @tombonneau is right that the Hall of Fame tight end had well over 5k yards. He's at 7980. If the Browns had lost their franchise history along with their organization then Cleveland would be sitting in last with just 3836 yards from Kevin Johnson.

Chicago (5059), Tampa (5063), and Baltimore (5777) are the only 3 franchises below 7k yards. Chase Stuart had a post on this a few years ago with all 32 franchise receiving leaders; obviously some of the numbers have changed since then but equally obviously they've only gone up.

Ayyyy! Not old enough to watch him play but definitely old enough to have watched him as the Bears guy on CBS for a long time.

So...when do we start questioning whether Evans is actually a top 5 dynasty WR with Winston at the helm? Winston seems to be straight up bad for his production, and he's the franchise QB. 

How do you not rank Theilen, Tyreek, Adams over him? Keenan? Diggs and JuJu? Idk where to stop the slide but Evans with Winston seems to have a lot more name value than lineup value. I almost sent an offer for him in dynasty today and then went...why? Because his name value makes him seem like a great buy low? Why not spend the value I'd trade for him for a less sexy name that produces more? 

So...when do we start questioning whether Evans is actually a top 5 dynasty WR with Winston at the helm? Winston seems to be straight up bad for his production, and he's the franchise QB. 

How do you not rank Theilen, Tyreek, Adams over him? Keenan? Diggs and JuJu? Idk where to stop the slide but Evans with Winston seems to have a lot more name value than lineup value. I almost sent an offer for him in dynasty today and then went...why? Because his name value makes him seem like a great buy low? Why not spend the value I'd trade for him for a less sexy name that produces more? 
Winston's contract ends after next season, so he is not the franchise QB as of now. They could draft his replacement in the next 2 drafts. Do they believe he  is worth top money to re-sign?  We shall see. 

But back to Evans. He has put up some good numbers with Winston, but not top 5 Dynasty numbers. 3 years, only one with over 5 touchdowns, low catch percentage. and other talented receivers to throw to and keep his targets down. 

read a report about him possibly tweaking a knee (leg) at the end of the 4th.  I havent seen any news since.  Is this a no news is good news thing?

read a report about him possibly tweaking a knee (leg) at the end of the 4th.  I havent seen any news since.  Is this a no news is good news thing?
Anything knee related is scary but he's probably ok. If I'm remembering it right he went down to his knees to catch a low pass and emerged a little banged up. They showed him on the sideline stretching his knee out a bit but very soon after he was back in the game 

Watched the game. It looked like a cramp, he came out, hopped on a table, and a trainer started stretching his leg, he was back in the game 3-4 plays later.

Really hope(and expect) Fitzpatrick to be reinserted as the starter, wouldn't totally be surprised if Winston was an inactive going forward, just so they don't have to pay him if he gets hurt. The other players seem to love Fitzpatrick, especially the WR's. 

Evans with Winston was a low end WR1, Evans with Fitzpatrick is a possible WR1 overall.

Watched the game. It looked like a cramp, he came out, hopped on a table, and a trainer started stretching his leg, he was back in the game 3-4 plays later.

Really hope(and expect) Fitzpatrick to be reinserted as the starter, wouldn't totally be surprised if Winston was an inactive going forward, just so they don't have to pay him if he gets hurt. The other players seem to love Fitzpatrick, especially the WR's. 

Evans with Winston was a low end WR1, Evans with Fitzpatrick is a possible WR1 overall.
freaked me out when it looked like possible non contact and he immediately grabbed his knee. if it was a something it woulda leaked out by now (you'd think)

also agree, fitz is a nice boost to evans. fitz should steal the honeybadger nickname... he doesnt give a F, he's going to chuck it and chuck it deep, love it. im going to alternate spending my FAAB on winston and fitz the rest of the season because whoever starts is going to put up good numbers most weeks

Owner just offered Evans for Gronk. Geesh! We're pretty solid at WR, but this is Mike Evans. Other WR's: JuJu, Boyd, Ridley, and Dez. TE's are Gronk and Doyle. I can roll with Doyle just fine, can't I? 

Team Smokin' said:
Owner just offered Evans for Gronk. Geesh! We're pretty solid at WR, but this is Mike Evans. Other WR's: JuJu, Boyd, Ridley, and Dez. TE's are Gronk and Doyle. I can roll with Doyle just fine, can't I? 
You should be starting Doyle whether you have Gronk or not.

Just let Zeke go for Evans in a 12 team PPR. Stacked at RB, but my WR core was abysmal. Ready to board this train.

Team Smokin' said:
I would hit accept immediately

Anyone else in an ESPN league not seeing the Evans fumble recovery TD in their scoring? 

We have 6 points for fumble return TD enabled, so not sure why I’m not seeing it in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread