What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (6 Viewers)

Kevin Fishbain‏Verified account @kfishbain

Bears WR Allen Robinson: “I feel light years ahead of any point in time last season.”

Recapping OTAs and minicamp with Robinson, Cody Whitehair on his move to guard, Akiem Hicks on Chuck Pagano's defense and of course an obligatory kicking update

9:59 AM - 14 Jun 2019

----------------------------------

I've heard he is completely healthy for the first time in years.

He could have a big bounce-back season.

I've been picking him up in the 6th and I feel pretty good about it. He feels like a really good WR3/flex type of play that should offer a pretty good weekly ceiling. The connection between Trubisky and AR was obvious during camp this year. 

I think Robinson is way under valued this year.  Will crush his adp.  

Two years removed from acl and second year in high octane system.  Also, elite pedigree.  

Only question mark is Mitch.  

Robinson absolutely crushed camp and if you watched any of the games at the end of last year, Trub threw his way early and often.

That being said, keep sleeping on him so his ADP doesn't rise too much.  I haven't drafted in my main leagues yet.

Robinson absolutely crushed camp and if you watched any of the games at the end of last year, Trub threw his way early and often.

That being said, keep sleeping on him so his ADP doesn't rise too much.  I haven't drafted in my main leagues yet.
I like him a lot this season.  I think the weapons around him actually help take pressure off him.  IF he stays healthy hes over 1000 and 10 TD's.

Maybe because his physical profile is more Dez Bryant than sheer burner?
No, that's not it.  I actually prefer big / fast WRs that win in contested situations.  There are a few burners that separate themselves, but in general I don't gravitate to the runts.  Even though Robinson is the prototypical WR in size, I never liked him in JAX and I don't like him now.  He seems to always be nicked up for some reason or another.   Someone just offered me Robinson and a 2020 1st rd pick for Mike Evans.  I easily rejected.  He has 3 first rd picks (probably only 1 top 3) and I would have a hard time doing that deal for all 3 of the picks, which I would want over Robinson and a pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked great tonight even though the Bears O was anemic.....he fell tremendously in my drafts and I scooped him up.  For the price I got him, he's all upside.

7 - 102 on 13 targets.  Only Bear worth anything thus far.  Ok, Cohen for PPR also.

He looked great tonight even though the Bears O was anemic.....he fell tremendously in my drafts and I scooped him up.  For the price I got him, he's all upside.
Too bad his QB is Trubisky.  He would be a top 5 WR with any other QB. 

i'll take that score on an absolutely putrid showing.

this kid couldve had double the yardage if mitch was even decent tonight

29% target share with 45% of the yardage. This is just the tip of the iceberg if Nagy can get this offense moving.
Of course it helps to have a QB that starts staring at him in the huddle and doesn't break eye contact until the whistle blows.

Trubisky looked like a 3rd year rookie last night. Lucky for him the GB defenders can't catch a ball to save their lives.

Trubisky looked like a 3rd year rookie last night. Lucky for him the GB defenders can't catch a ball to save their lives.
Yeah, not a good night for Trubisky truthers. But as has been mentioned, Robinson got it done with Bortles. And if I had to pick, I think I'd go Trubisky/Nagy over Bortles/Olson. I don't expect Trubisky to throw 35 TDs like Bortles did in 2015, but ~4400 yards is achievable if he throws enough (Bortles threw 606 times @ 7.31 ypa).

Yeah, not a good night for Trubisky truthers. But as has been mentioned, Robinson got it done with Bortles. And if I had to pick, I think I'd go Trubisky/Nagy over Bortles/Olson. I don't expect Trubisky to throw 35 TDs like Bortles did in 2015, but ~4400 yards is achievable if he throws enough (Bortles threw 606 times @ 7.31 ypa).
4400 seems quite high.  That would be 278 yards per game the rest of the way.  Trubisky only threw for 278+ yards three times last year, and the defense looks good enough that they likely won't be facing many large deficits to rack up garbage yards.

4400 seems quite high.  That would be 278 yards per game the rest of the way.  Trubisky only threw for 278+ yards three times last year, and the defense looks good enough that they likely won't be facing many large deficits to rack up garbage yards.
Well, he threw the ball 45 times last night after the Bears averaged 32 pass attempts last year - and Trubisky only threw the ball over 35 times once all of last season. So maybe last night was an anomaly or maybe Nagy has different plans for this season. Bortles averaged 277 yards per game during Allen's 1400 yard season. Trubisky averaged 7.43 ypa last season. If he matches that this year, he has to throw about 37 passes per game to reach the same yardage, which would be 596 pass attempts on the year. FWIW, the NFL median was 35 pass attempts. I'm not saying I'd bet on Trubisky reaching 4400, but my point was that it isn't a stretch to think he could put up similar yardage to Bortles during Allen's breakout season.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
That GB defense was fast, and aggressive.  Not giving Mitch a pass, but I think he, and the O will have much better games going forward.....at least I hope so.

Sell high?  Got him in the 7th as my WR#3.  Don't see the Bears throwing 40+ times a game...

On the flip side, he had double digit targets and eclipsed 100 yards on a night where the Bears O was horrible and scored 3 points.

Decisions...

Sell high?  Got him in the 7th as my WR#3.  Don't see the Bears throwing 40+ times a game...

On the flip side, he had double digit targets and eclipsed 100 yards on a night where the Bears O was horrible and scored 3 points.

Decisions...
Depends what the market will pay for him. Trubisky will hold him back and I don't think the TDs will come easy.  But targets should be there.  He should be a WR2 as I don't see anyone else on that offense taking targets from him.  Unless you can get WR1 value, I would hold.

Decisions...
He was a target monster down the stretch last year as well. He’s the clear WR1 on this team, so even if they throw 25x, 10 of those targets will be ARob.

he looks to be 100% back to his pre-injury  form. 

If Nagy & Trubisky can pull their heads out of their arses he’ll have some TDs too. 

I would hold. If nothing else to build his perceived value up to match reality.

Right now the perception is still a little weak, despite the week 1 performance. Let it become a trend if you really want to sell high. 

Congrats guys! I know it's only one game but I couldn't have asked for better performance. I own a ton of A-Rob in redraft. To bad I don't have him in dynasty. 

Congrats guys! I know it's only one game but I couldn't have asked for better performance. I own a ton of A-Rob in redraft. To bad I don't have him in dynasty. 
$26/500

:wub:  

If the Bears ever get a good QB I’m set! 

Not sure this will continue.  Their best TE was out and they threw the ball WAY more than they will need to in most games.
You talking about Burton as if he moves the needle? I'm not even sure if he's better than Shaheen, but I'm willing to concede a "marginally better" label.

Anyway, throwing the ball more or less doesn't matter since I was talking about percentages. Those are both really high percentages, though, so they could come down and he'd still have WR1 potential. 7/102 is a pretty nice stat line considering Trubisky had an awful night. 

Not sure this will continue.  Their best TE was out and they threw the ball WAY more than they will need to in most games.
So his targets will drop to 10/game?   That's still a WR1. 

I only own him in 1 of 8 leagues and wish I targeted him more, but he's locked in as a flex or my WR3 all season.

So his targets will drop to 10/game?   That's still a WR1.
He had 1 game of 10+ targets in 2018 (Week 2).  This offense is better on paper and should be more capable of spreading the ball around to people other than Robinson.  If you want to tell me that he will be getting 8/9 targets per game, I'm right there with you.

He had 1 game of 10+ targets in 2018 (Week 2).  This offense is better on paper and should be more capable of spreading the ball around to people other than Robinson.  If you want to tell me that he will be getting 8/9 targets per game, I'm right there with you.
so 10 is crazy but 9 is where you see it?

He wasn't healthy last year for most of the year. He looked like a top 5 WR out there last night. Not just the stats but the way he was destroying whoever they put in front of him and catching everything. 

$26/500

:wub:  

If the Bears ever get a good QB I’m set! 
Straight thievin'.

I'm looking back at all my redrafts. I got him for a range of 4.5% to 6.5% in 5 out of 6 redrafts. Was only able to acquire him in one dynasty this offseason. Let's hope he stays healthy this year...

We all know leagues are won in middle rounds of the draft.  People soured on Arob which caused him to slip far from his real FF value.  He is the clear cut WR1 on his team.  If he produces WR2 he certainly will reward those that drafted him in the 6th round or higher as a WR3/4.  Top WR20 is certainly in the discussion.   

8 targets per game = 128
9 targets per game = 144

For the prices I paid, I'd be content with either of those outcomes.

Users who are viewing this thread