What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

Nice thing about concussion protocol is once cleared, it's full go. Not like other injuries for risk of a snap count, etc... 
Any nervousness since he was Doubtful just yesterday afternoon and DNP all week?  I've never seen a player go from Doubtful on Friday night to off the injury report on Saturday before.  Questionable to Active, yes, but not Doubtful.

Any nervousness since he was Doubtful just yesterday afternoon and DNP all week?  I've never seen a player go from Doubtful on Friday night to off the injury report on Saturday before.  Questionable to Active, yes, but not Doubtful.
Again, it's concurs protocol. Not a normal injury.  Think of it like a light switch. It's either on or off. There is no middle ground. 

Remember, it was a minor concussion and there are no limitations once you leave the concussion protocol. 

BTW, is Arob an UFA at the end of the year? If yes, the Bears get no compensation if he chooses to sign elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping to see him get involved early and often. It's always such a head scratcher when they go long stretches without getting this the ball. At least try!! Go Bears!

Week 10 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: Brandin Cooks remains undervalued

Excerpt:

FALLER: WR ALLEN ROBINSON II, CHICAGO BEARS

Robinson has now posted his three worst games of the season by targets in consecutive weeks. This is despite Nick Foles attempting 40, 41 and 52 pass attempts in those three games. The reason Robinson didn’t see double-digit targets in any of those contests is the continued ascension of Anthony Miller and Darnell Mooney. 

Miller looked to be playing a backup role earlier in the year but has now come back to life with 24 targets over his past three games. Mooney has just as many targets in the same group of games. The growth in volume for both young receivers has to come at the expense of a teammate:

• Robinson Weeks 1-6: 35% air-yard share, 29% target share
  • Robinson Weeks 7-9: 23% air-yard share, 16% target share
The sky is not falling on Robinson, and he should still be projected to be the leading receiver in Chicago by a wide margin. However, the data from his 2019 season may be overinflating his current perception as one of the most heavily targeted wideouts in the league. His competition for volume has increased, and he remains a piece of the Chicago Bears' offense.

Do we know what side of questionable Robinson is on with the bye week looming in Week 11? They could easily rest him for a 2-week break to try and finish the season strong if he is truly banged up.

If this is Hopkins, then it's never a question. I'm not so sure with AR and with the game on Monday night, that throws a wrench into the equation.  

Do we know what side of questionable Robinson is on with the bye week looming in Week 11? They could easily rest him for a 2-week break to try and finish the season strong if he is truly banged up.

If this is Hopkins, then it's never a question. I'm not so sure with AR and with the game on Monday night, that throws a wrench into the equation.  
Yeah. I'm wondering the same thing.  The extra week off with the Bye is a good reason to keep him out this week, but the Bears are in the playoff hunt, and this is a divisional game.  So I think if he can play then he will.  But will he be effective?  Or maybe just a decoy?  He did at least get Limited Practice all week, so didn't get worse as the week went on, but didn't improve either.

Allen Robinson (knee) is questionable for Week 10 against the Vikings.

Robinson was limited in practice throughout the week but is still expected to play. The 27-year-old has frustratingly failed to score or eclipse the century mark since Week 4, but that can be directly attributed to Nick Foles' poor play under center. Assuming he's active, Robinson remains a talent-based WR2 for Monday night.

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Nov 14, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

Any Sunday morning update before we either take a chance with him or play a replacement?

I just an update on Fantasy Football Now where Stephania said he wants to gut it out but it's up to the medical staff. Every injury is up to the medical staff so that information really does help us at all. 

soxjj said:
Or pick up Mooney as a backup option if Arob doesn't play Monday night.
Would have to drop someone quite good to do this.  I could start Marquise Brown tonight.  Wish I had better options/news.  I have a good lead.  Decisions decisions.

Any Sunday morning update before we either take a chance with him or play a replacement?

I just an update on Fantasy Football Now where Stephania said he wants to gut it out but it's up to the medical staff. Every injury is up to the medical staff so that information really does help us at all. 
Reasons he will play and ball out:

1) He’s up for a new contract

2) the Bears season is fading and this is a must win game 

3) nationally televised contest 

Officially active for tonight 
Rotoworld take:

Allen Robinson (knee) is active for Week 10 against the Vikings.

Robinson was dealing with a knee issue but logged limited practices throughout the week. Robinson's floor of targets in the league's most pass-heavy offense makes him a locked-in WR2 with WR1 upside. The only thing limiting him from being an elite receiver has been the poor play from Nick Foles. 

Nov 16, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

Allen Robinson caught 6-of-9 targets for 43 yards in the Bears' Week 10 loss to the Vikings.

The Bears offense couldn't get anything going so Robinson never stood a chance to post a solid fantasy outing. Nick Foles ended the day with 106 yards passing an interception. The Bears also ran for less than three yards per carry. Robinson still led Chicago in targets and should be projected as the clear No. 1 receiver for the Bears going forward. In games where Chicago can move the football, Robinson should still be viewed as a WR1.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:58 PM ET

A team not called Jets
If the Jets are building around speed, he's not their guy. Right now, when they trot out Perriman and Mims, they're trotting out two sub-4.4 guys, which is no small thing if they're competent receivers. So they may be the ones to overpay him, but if they do, they'll be seriously disappointed with his separation.

If the Jets are building around speed, he's not their guy. Right now, when they trot out Perriman and Mims, they're trotting out two sub-4.4 guys, which is no small thing if they're competent receivers. So they may be the ones to overpay him, but if they do, they'll be seriously disappointed with his separation.
I think Darnold needs dependability more than speed. Arob 1 and mims2 could work well for them. Better than for fantasy owners for sure.

Why would he leave the Bears to go to the Jets ??
I don’t think anyone is suggesting it per se.  I think most of us dynasty owners are just hoping he leaves Chicago for somewhere with above average QB play because we believe ARob would be a monster.   Some of us are suggesting that with our luck he would leave Chicago....for the Jets.  Which would be worse. And that’s seems to be how our luck, and Arob’s, goes.

Why would he leave the Bears to go to the Jets ??

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it per se.  I think most of us dynasty owners are just hoping he leaves Chicago for somewhere with above average QB play because we believe ARob would be a monster.   Some of us are suggesting that with our luck he would leave Chicago....for the Jets.  Which would be worse. And that’s seems to be how our luck, and Arob’s, goes.
We all hope he doesn't leave Chicago for the Jets, BUT is it really worse? Even if the QB was Darnold, or Lawrence, that's a massive upgrade over Foles/Trubisky. 

We all hope he doesn't leave Chicago for the Jets, BUT is it really worse? Even if the QB was Darnold, or Lawrence, that's a massive upgrade over Foles/Trubisky. 
Maybe not worse for us fantasy owners but worse for ARob.  The Jets are further behind than the Bears in terms of building a consistent winner.  Just my opinion of course.

I keep thinking that Sammy Watkins is on a one year deal (I think..if not this is total tripe, then), and KC can’t be overly thrilled with what he’s done, can they?  Surely ARob would be considered an upgrade.  How much would they be willing to offer, and would ARob settle for less if it meant going to a powerhouse?   Fun things to speculate, if nothing else.  Granted Kelce is more WR than TE, so who knows.

Maybe not worse for us fantasy owners but worse for ARob.  The Jets are further behind than the Bears in terms of building a consistent winner.  Just my opinion of course.

I keep thinking that Sammy Watkins is on a one year deal (I think..if not this is total tripe, then), and KC can’t be overly thrilled with what he’s done, can they?  Surely ARob would be considered an upgrade.  How much would they be willing to offer, and would ARob settle for less if it meant going to a powerhouse?   Fun things to speculate, if nothing else.  Granted Kelce is more WR than TE, so who knows.
If I'm not mistaken, the cap will be lower next year and it's not an ideal time to hit the open market. Also, any chance the Bears tag him?

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
If the Jets decide to trade the #1 draft pick for a ransom the off season is going to be interesting. They could get some vets and the picks give them IDP as needed

Allen Robinson's agent didn't hold back during Bears' brutal loss vs. Vikings

I disagree with Robinsons agents comments about the offensive line not being good enough for Foles to do anything. Foles had time. Not saying the Bears line was great but I don't think the blame rests solely on that unit. Foles had some open receivers, a better throw to Miller for example and maybe the Bears score and win this game. Maybe Miller drops it anyways but it could have been a better throw.

I think Zimmer used scheme to take Robinson out of the game as he was not often single covered. I saw Smith and Harris manning up on him and using trail technique on him while the corners played zone.

The agents comments about them not using Robinson in the red zone seems like a valid complaint although I very much doubt it is a conspiracy to keep Robinson and his agent from getting paid.

Allen Robinson caught 8-of-13 targets for 74 yards and two touchdowns in Week 12 against the Packers.

Robinson scored on a play-action pass at the end of the first half. He added another TD with Chicago airing it out in the fourth quarter. It’s the first multi-TD game for Robinson, who hadn’t scored since Week 8. Regardless of who starts in Week 13, Robinson will be a volume-based WR3.

Nov 29, 2020, 11:52 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

(RotoWire) Bears head coach Matt Nagy said that Robinson was listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Lions after injuring his knee in Friday's practice, Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Analysis: Robinson's late-week addition to the injury report is unwelcome news, but the star receiver isn't believed to be dealing with anything overly significant. That said, while Nagy said he didn't think the injury was anything that would keep Robinson sidelined for Sunday's game, he was unwilling to say for certain that the 27-year-old would suit up Week 13. Robinson could be put through a pregame workout early Sunday before the Bears decide on his status shortly before the 1 p.m. ET kickoff.
Gah.

Users who are viewing this thread