What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (6 Viewers)

Complete off-the-wall comment - but the assistant on the far side, is really quick.  Watched her moving up and down the line, and she might be the quickest person out there.

Still not a fan of Berhalter - but I have to say, the players are putting in the effort for him, and that is a lot more important than if I like him or not.

(Still needs a win here, imo...)

Outside of the incredible beginning, that was a good half of soccer the US played. 

The team is doing the right things to open up angles off of Pepi showing for the ball and laying it off to runners.

3 points is here for the taking tonight but CR is very likely to up the antics to slow the game waaaaayy down. 

I would not make a single change unless we are still level at 70 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone quickly unpack why the CR goal stood?  I was late to the start.  Looks like the CR player is clearly interfering on replay.  Like kind of a no doubter -- what am I missing?

Scoob is having his fun with Steffen.

I'd need to see it afew more times... but here's what I've seen.

that week ### shot comes back across him, with the CR player offsides and moving towards it right in front of him, forcing Steffen to react. CR player misses it, so it rolls weakly by him- but Steffen had partially committed to the player already.

the announcers seem to have written it off as offsides since Dest was back in play? But it didn't look that way to me on the one replay I saw- and as far as I know if he's off the field that's offsides. I had a goal disallowed for coming back into the field of play like that from inside the goal- the ref told me afterwards I needed to stay put in the goal until after the play had passed to not be offsides. maybe he was wrong, but this was a regional team game, so I think ti should have been one of the better refs in the west coast and likely right.

I don't see the howler it looked like at first, even if Dest was back on the field to nullify the offsides.

Users who are viewing this thread