What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (16 Viewers)

sounds like there will be some fans in the stadium tonight as US Soccer announced they have sold out the available tickets (must be a couple of thousand I would guess?)

Last edited by a moderator:
for Champions League, do teams get to submit new rosters for the knock out rounds or do they have to stick with the initial list of eligible players they submitted before the group stage?

I am asking this in regards to if RBS pull off the upset today and move into the knock out rounds and whether Aaronson could play after he moves next month.

I know this is not US related but seeing as Mexico is the US's main rival I think this is worth posting here.

Awful news as Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull in the game against Arsenal yesterday.  He had to have surgery last night.  While it is far too early to know if or when he will come back, people have posted that this similar injury has caused retirement before.
[Joe Edwards] Raul Jimenez's dad has given a positive update on the Wolves striker's condition “Thanks to Raul’s strength, he’s coming forward. What they told us is that he won’t have any consequences and that it’s all a matter of time before he starts with physical rehabilitation.”

Curious how Nips looks coming off the ACL recovery.
He has only played 21 minutes since the injury so there has to be some significant rust on top of whether the knee feels good or not.  He has looked lively in the highlights of camp I have watched.  I figure maybe a second half sub?

If healthy, I think he would have been a easy start for this group.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
for Champions League, do teams get to submit new rosters for the knock out rounds or do they have to stick with the initial list of eligible players they submitted before the group stage?

I am asking this in regards to if RBS pull off the upset today and move into the knock out rounds and whether Aaronson could play after he moves next month.
I believe he can be added if he didn't compete for another team in the CL already this competition year.  

Holy hell this is young.  I googled him and he is considered the top US prospect in his age group.

===============

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

I am hearing grumblings that #RBNY might be making a move to sign very young, 2006-born central midfielder, Bento Estrela to a homegrown deal. Deal is not complete yet.
I saw a picture of him and assumed it was some else because of his size.  From reading this tweet below, I think I was looking at the right player.  The last sentence  in this tweet below is likely why they want to sign him so young, before he possibly jumps early to Europe with no compensation.

==========

Eric Friedlander

@Efried97

Bento been on the fast track since joining Red Bull last year. At about 6-1 he is physically ahead of most his age and technically is strong. Started with u-15’s and has been with the u-19’s this year. Holds a euro passport

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn:

3rd Degree

@3rdDegreeNet

Update: #FCDallas has three official offers in for Bryan Reynolds with other clubs still circling. This is when the price could start rising

US players have never met in a knock out round Champions League game

============

Tutul Rahman

@tutulismyname

Pot 1: Richards & Bayern, Steffen & City Pulisic & Chelsea, Gio & Dortmund, Wes & Juventus

Pot 2: Konrad/Dest & Barcelona, Adams & Leipzig, Scally? & Gladbach

Yank on Yank probability - 89% (98% if Scally makes Gladbacks CL roster)

Here is the lineup (the formation is my guess)

.........................Hamid

Arauju........McKenzie.......Long.........Vines

..............................Yueill

.................Lletget..........Aaronson

Mueller.............Akinola...............Arriola(!)

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
In a surprise, It’s Mark McKenzie and not Walker Zimmerman who starts next to captain Aaron Long at center back, with veteran Bill Hamid in goal.

Julian Araujo and Sam Vines are the fullbacks, with Sebastian Lletget, Brenden Aaronson, Jackson Yueill, and Paul Arriola in the midfield.

The forwards are Ayo Akinola and Chris Mueller

I was thinking about Pulisic and McKennie while on my run tonight. US Soccer is in an amazing position to market these players if they do it right. 

Pulisic draws in all the soccer nerds that can appreciate his skill level.

McKennie draws in the nerds AND everyone else because he is exactly the type of athlete America loves. Gritty, tough, balls to the wall, enthusiastic....he’s a fighter.  On top of that he can be a role model for kids who never knew a guy who looked like them could be an American bad-### at soccer.  This dude is going to be a megastar, imo. 

The final 3rd actually looks really good so far. The backline also looking comfortable in pushing forward.

Aaronson and McKenzie standing out for me so far. Akinola also looking dangerous.

Yeah. It's not to disparage these guys, but so far, I think there's a clear difference from what we saw in the last camp. Of course, it's to be expected given where those others are.

That said, some good things already. And their shape looked good so far.
I also meant ELS is a better side than Panama was. I agree that so far our B team is playing well. I'm liking the team speed and I think this is going to be a good test of our patience and discipline.

Yeah. It's not to disparage these guys, but so far, I think there's a clear difference from what we saw in the last camp. Of course, it's to be expected given where those others are.

That said, some good things already. And their shape looked good so far.
hopefully people understand there are a lot of domestic players missing from this group who would be starters.  Morris, Zardes, Reynolds, and Turner would all be starters just to name a few.

this is a great start.  While we all agree this is far from a first choice US team, if they can keep this up it looks great to dominate a hex quality team like this.  We are going to need a ton of depth next year.

Looking so dangerous in that final 3rd everytime they get in there. That's the biggest difference so far, I think. 

ELS defense looks pretty poor, though.

Just some beautiful play right now. Nice to see this group build off the momentum of the previous game. Two different teams - but some good stuff going on. 

Users who are viewing this thread